• Published 6th Jun 2016
  • 27,337 Views, 2,260 Comments

Consequences - Hiver



Cause and effect. Opposite and equal reactions. If a butterfly... You know how it goes.

  • ...
47
 2,260
 27,337

Chapter 47

Swift just stared at me for a long moment after entering.

I cleared my throat and scraped my hoof against the floor, “Look, I'm so...”

“Alicorn. Seriously?” He interrupted me with a flat stare.

I just nodded.

“You end up here and not only do you end up a rich author, the consort of Princess Luna, but now you are also an Alicorn?”

“It's not my fault! It just happened!”

Swift sighed and rubbed his forehead next to his horn, “Page... you are made of luck, you know that, right?”

“Luck nothing, I'm just that good.”

He rolled his eyes and punched my shoulder.

I smiled at that, “Still, sorry I knocked you out.”

“Eh, is fine. I expected you to try something,” he said and shrugged, “I knew you wouldn't come peacefully to abandon the Princess. I just didn't think you would be so sneaky about it. I should have been more careful.”

“Mhm.”

Swift shook his head, “Still... so lucky. I can't believe you defeated Lord Tirek.”

“He defeated himself,” I said with a shrug of my wings as I looked at Skitter's green cocoon, “All I did was... show him the road.”

“...And you already speak like a Prince.”

I cringed at that, “Please don't. I'm not going to pick up a crown.”

Swift blinked at me, “You can do that?”

“I can if nobody notices my wings. I'm working on learning an illusion spell that'll keep them hidden. I can already hold it for a couple of hours,” I explained and sat down. “Quite frankly, I don't want it.”

He frowned at me, looking unsure, “I'm not sure it works like that.”

I shrugged again, “I'm going to give it my best attempt at the very least.”

Swift nodded, “Well, I'll keep the secret for as long as you want me to...” he said before he smirked, “...Your Highness.”

“Fuck you.” I chuckled and settled down, shaking my head, “This is so strange.”

“Tell me about it,” he agreed before he frowned, “What are you alicorn of?”

“Hmh?”

“I mean, Princess Luna is the Alicorn of the Moon, Princess Celestia is the Alicorn of the Sun... Princess Twilight has her magic and friendship and Princess Cadence has her love. What are you the alicorn of?” Swift asked as she moved around to settle down in a location where he could keep an eye on both the windows and door.

“Oh,” I said and frowned, “That gets a bit complex. The simple way to put it is... stories.”

“Stories?”

I nodded, “More specifically... imagination, stories, inspiration and dreams. The world's ponies create for themselves. The place artists draw their inspiration from and where authors weave their worlds.”

Swift slowly nodded, “Huh.”

It did have some drawbacks though. My realm of power actually didn't make me very powerful in the real world. I bet I wasn't much stronger than Sunset Shimmer, hell she might even be a bit stronger depending on which test you ran.

In dreams though, I was god. With Capital G. I suppose I could be good at Illusions as well, it was easy enough to learn, especially when compared to other magic, but the one I was learning was a complex one as it needed to be flawless, long term and flexible.

I could hold it for an hour. I wanted it to last at least twenty four before I went out in public again.

“Yeah. Not as impressive as Luna's pet rock, but I think I like it,” I agreed before I looked over at the chrysalis at a sudden sound. The surface kinda... rippled as the entire thing twitched.

Skitter.

Getting onto my hooves, I slowly approached.

“Sir. Are you sure that is wise?” Swift asked as he got up as well, moving up next to me, putting his hoof on my shoulder. Back to his guard persona, no longer just my friend. Now he was my temporary bodyguard.

I nodded, “I trust Skitter. But it might be best if you step back.”

Swift Spear looked unsure but then he nodded back and backed away. He did however keep his horn lit, the magic sparkling around the hilt of his sword.

I simply waited as the chrysalis shifted and moved before a cracked and notched horn pierced the side of it before starting to rip and saw its way upwards, leaving the chrysalis to leak a faintly green fluid.

Suddenly the entire thing ripped open and Skitter tumbled out of it and onto the floor. Or would have anyway if I had not stepped up and caught her.

Skitter gasped and clung to me, drawing in breath as I looked at her. She still looked like Skitter. Her mane was longer and so was her horn. She was taller too. She used to be my height but now standing up she should easily be a head taller than me, about Cadence's size. The biggest change however was the two antenna on top of her head. She only had two in the antenna cluster compared to Chrysalis four, but she had them. She was a Changeling Princess now.

Opening her eyes, Skitter looked up at me with big green eyes before she pressed closer, her muzzle pressed against the side of my neck before giving it a small nip with her teeth and Oh My Luna...

For a split second I could think of nothing else but pinning her to the floor and... Then I wrenched my mind free and I pulled her away with my magic, just in time as my legs were already feeling weak.

Skitter gasped as I dropped her into the bathsized tub of green goo the changelings had provided for her to eat when she came out of the cocoon.

There was a splash of green concentrated Love as I dropped her into it before the level in the tub sized half seen through container started to visibly lower.

Only thirty seconds later Skitter sat up in the now half empty container, looking somewhat confused as she looked around before spotting me, “...Sir? What happened?”

I carefully sat down so my legs would not collapse beneath me as I smiled at her now when she seemed to have regained her mind, “It turns out that overfeeding a changeling has some effects. Welcome to Nobility, Skitter,” as I did my best to ignore the way the goo made her mane cling to her.

Her eyes widened and she reached up to feel the top of her head with her hoof before she cringed and quickly jerked her hoof away from the antenna. They seemed to be sensitive.

“I'm so sorry, Page! I couldn't tell you!”

I sighed, “I know,” and shifted my wings, trying to get them to fold again, “I kinda figured that out. Your mother told me when you ended up in the cocoon.”

Skitter cringed at that as well, “...Couldn't tell you that either,” before she frowned at me and tilted her head. She then slowly leaned to the side to seemingly look around me, her eyes widening.

Turning my head I looked over my shoulder at my wing before I looked back at her. I moved my wing up and then down, her eyes following it before turning to mine.

I looked back at her.

Skitter's eyes narrowed at me in suspicion, “What did you do!?”

Can I like go fight Tirek again?