• Published 20th Nov 2016
  • 2,039 Views, 35 Comments

Warframe:Gun And Blade (Under Rewrite) - DracoBrony



When an Excalibur warframe's linset's engines explode causing a dimensional rift and ends up in equestria shortly before the 1000th summer sun celebration, he must save the lives of the mane 6 from nightmare moon. Sorry I suck at Summary's.

  • ...
5
 35
 2,039

A Legend Is Called Forth, The Sword Cracks And A Warning

It had been about a week since Excalibur had crash landed in Equestria and in that time he had mostly kept to himself and had spent most of his time tending to his ship which he had moved to an old part of the apple farm that Applejack had provided him. He only really went into town when Twilight, who had now moved to Ponyville officially and was acting as the local librarian, wanted to ask him some questions about his life as a Tenno and such. Today, however, he had wanted to go for a nice stroll through the town to clear his head. He noted how barren the town was today, on the rare occasion he did leave his ship and went into town it had always been a bustling with life. Something was different today. Thinking back to his knowledge of the episodes of season one he thought of episode six "Boast Busters" thinking that was probably the answer he decided to go to the town square to check up on everyone.

He had gotten there shortly after the show was done and the towns ponies had started to disperse. Upon seeing the traveling carriage that belonged to Trixie and seeing that his suspicions were correct, he decided to go to Twilight and see how she was doing. After meeting Spike at the door and going inside Excalibur found Twilight in her room studying as usual. She was completely oblivious to his presence in the room not even noticing him until he had placed his hand firmly on her shoulder at which point she jumped ten feet in the air and shot a stun spell out of reflex. The spell slammed into Excalibur's chest forcing him back a few feet.

"Jeeze Excalibur! You scared the living daylights out of me!" Twilight screamed before quickly realizing she had just launched a rather powerful spell at him at which point she ran over to Excalibur and checked him over to see if he was ok or not. Excalibur looked at his HUD and was surprised to see that Twilight had actually taken off about two hundred and fifty shields off of him though he had almost one thousand it was still quite impressive. That mare Lyra had only managed to take off one hundred. Must have some pretty fucking potent magic in her. Though it makes sense considering she is the Element Of Magic I suppose. He thought.

"Damn Twilight you actually managed to put a dent in my shields, good job! Quite the feat I assure you." Excalibur assured her as he got back up. He looked over at his HUD to make sure that his shields were recharging at their normal rate, which they were, then looked back to Twilight. It was painfully obvious (to Excalibur anyways) that something was gnawing at her, apparently enough that she was quite unfocused as she hadn't noticed him entering the room. "It's obvious you need to get something off your chest so why don't you come out and say it?" he asked trying to get her to open up and tell him what he already knew.

Twilight hesitated before she sighed and answered him. "It's that new show pony that's in town Trixie. She just humiliated my friends on stage and I don't want to try and take her on cause I think everypony are gonna think I'm like her and that I think that I am better than everypony else" Twilight answered him again confirming what he already knew but something was nagging him he had forgotten something about the episode but he didn't have the faintest clue as to what he had forgotten, thinking that if it was important he wouldn't have forgotten it he quickly shook his head before responding to the lavender mare. "Look Twilight just because you have the courage and power to defend your friends does not mean that you think your better than everyone else, it simply means that you are defending what you think is right there is a big difference between the two you know" He said it in a way that gave Twilight the impression that he had dealt with something like this before.

Deciding it was best to just wait for this whole thing to blow over, Excalibur leapt out of Twilight's window and hit the ground running so he could get on back to his Liset. When he had gotten back to his home he had decided it was about time for him to take a well-deserved nap and so he went over to his meditation room and kneeled down clearing his mind of all distractions and thoughts.

He stayed in this meditative state for several hours so much so that it was starting to get dark out, he would have stayed like that if not for the fact that he felt a sudden urge to check on something, something that he hadn't thought about in a very long time. He made his way into the deepest parts of the craft before finding himself at the transference chamber, he stepped into the spacious room seeing his real body sitting there in the somatic link. "Hehe forgot how good looking I am" He joked to himself before walking over to a hidden armory he had set up in the rightmost wall.

Though he had a few of these hidden around the ship this one in particular was special it had more shielding than Rhino did and it was equipped with two backup generators and laser defense system, so even if his entire ship was destroyed as unlikely as that may be, this one piece would remain with enough power to keep the laser grid up for almost ten years, these weapons were very special and very old thus he took no chances with their safety. Popping the fake cover off of it, he was met with the sight of various weapons ranging from spears and swords to a few hammers and axes his focus, however, was primarily turned towards something wrapped in a long white cloth in the dead center of the armory. He carefully, as if holding a newborn, retrieved the cloth and what lay inside of it, he checked it over to make sure it hadn't been tampered with. He was about to unwrap it when he heard Ordis call for him.

"Operator? Miss Sparkle is here and she seems rather distressed about something. Oh, and my sensors detected a large ~BZZT!~ GLORIOUS MONSTER FOR US TO SLAY! ~BZZT!~ unidentified energy signature not too long ago" The AI stated once again slipping back into that old personality of his. "Large energy signature? Well; that can't be good" He mused in his mind before putting the cloth and its contents back in their original place and putting the cover back into place. He walked over to the entrance opening it up and seeing Twilight hyperventilating on the other side. "Woah woah, Twilight what's the problem?" Excalibur asked genuinely concerned for the young lavender mare's well being. "SPIKE! URSA! TOWN DANGER!" She screamed before promptly passing out from exhaustion. Excalibur caught her before she hit the ground and looked her over to make sure she was ok, satisfied that she was alright he placed her in one of the makeshift hammocks he had placed in the meditation room. The hammock was normally for hostages that he would sometimes come across in his missions from time to time so it was comfy enough.

Quickly dashing out the door he immediately materialized his deadly Sentient energy infused War and deciding to forgo a secondary and just go heavy he summoned his bullet hell weapon the Surpa. Now Excalibur was never much for spray and pray weapons but when said spray and pray weapon has a one thousand and eighty round total magazine? Then, then he was okay with it. Rushing onto the scene Excalibur found himself facing off what appeared to be a twenty-five foot tall or so bear that looked like it was made of the night sky. Quickly raising his Surpa Excalibur let the gun wind up before unleashing a venerable hell fire of energy bolts at the bear, each one of nearly two hundred bolts that he sent towards it slamming into the beast staggering it and drawing its attention away from the civilian ponies and onto the new challenger. The Ursa roared at Excalibur before charging headlong at him with a great amount of speed for something of its size.

The Ursa slammed into Excalibur throwing him back and through a nearby building, quickly getting back up Excalibur looked at his HUD and was rather surprised that the Ursa had managed to take around three hundred of his shields. "Damn thing hits like a freight train" He thought to himself getting up before feeling a sharp pain in his lower back. "Shit I'm gonna feel that in the morning". Quickly dodging out of the way of the Ursa's second charge Excalibur let loose another flurry of energy rounds staggering the beast again, taking the opportunity to get in close he quickly leaped forward with his slash dash ability and slammed into the side of the Ursa, his two-handed War materializing in his hands he channeled the raw, unbridled energy of the void into the sword and swiftly slashed downwards and the bear's mid-section.

The bear roared out in pain collapsing to the ground calling out for something but for what Excalibur wasn't sure. Before Excalibur could react he was slammed to the ground by a yellow blur that knocked the wind out of him. Looking up he was met with the eyes of someone he didn't expect... Fluttershy. "HOW DARE YOU! How dare you hurt this poor Ursa Minor! He was just cranky because somepony woke him up! Do you have any idea what you've done! Do you? He is calling his mother here now! He is calling for an Ursa Major and its mother will destroy this city to get its child back!" She screamed with a volume that Excalibur didn't believe she had, he lay there on the ground shell-shocked at this. Unsure of how to respond he just sat there confused staring at the yellow equine. Before he could respond, however...

ROOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAR! A primordial roar sounded out throughout the town causing the very foundation of buildings to shake, glass to shatter and causing mass panic among the town. Excalibur quickly leaped up getting Fluttershy off him as a titanic ethereal bear came tromping through the Everfree forest towering over the tr breaking some with its paws while others its body simply fazed around. The thing was massive Excalibur estimated it to be around eighty feet or so though he fairly sure he was off on that. "I'm gonna need a bigger gun" Excalibur thought to himself.

The giant bear looked around the area and saw Excalibur next to her child, she roared again before charging at him. Excalibur attempted to use his sword to block but the Ursa Major's paw just passed through it before it sent him flying backwards some thirty or forty feet. "Damn its ethereal, this isn't good if its ethereal then the only thing I have that can even touch it is" Excalibur thought to himself quickly. "Shit. Girls hold her off I need to go grab something!" He yelled to the mane six before sprinting towards his Liset. At top speed it took him mere seconds to get there when he did Excalibur quickly sped his way inside and into the Transference Chamber. Excalibur practically ripped the cover off of the hidden armory and grabbed the cloth and its contents before he just as quickly raced back to the Ursa.

Upon his return Excalibur saw the Mane Six, including Twilight who had apparently woken up and returned to the town square via teleportation he assumed, strewn across the ground with various bruises. As Excalibur's eyes flickered between each of them his mind become more and more frayed the image of the mane six being replaced with that of Valkyr, a deep red started to engulf his vision and a back energy coursed through his frame's circuits. Excalibur's hand jumped to the hilt of the cloths contents, pulling the object out in one fluid motion revealed a sword. It was a ornate longsword about his arms length maybe a little longer, the hilt was a deep royal blue along with gold inlays. The guard was painted gold and just above it where the blade began was an engraving in some unknown language, its meaning a mystery even to Excalibur himself. the blade itself glowed gold like honey in the moonlight and at the end of the blade was a strange symbol of a deep blue color.

Excalibur lowered his head and griped the hilt in his hands, the sword balanced perfectly. He took rigid stance and with a hollow howl charged at the Ursa Major who had been trying to process what she was seeing before she howled in pain a large gash of light blue energy forming in her right forepaw. The Ursa jumped back in pain looking around to see her attacker but she was met with another gash forming this time on her upper left leg. The massive bear quickly whirled around looking for her attacker but with little success. She whined as yet another cut formed on her ethereal body this time on her side.

A hollow laughter sounded from around the town seemingly from all directions. Whimpering the Ursa started to back slowly away into the forest only to be slammed back to her original position from a heavy blow to the back of her head. Laying prone on the ground she saw her attacker, he was right in front of her eye the blade in his hands dripping with her blood. The figure chuckled before he raised his sword ready to blind her left eye but something stopped him. He suddenly griped his head shouting something about how he was in control. Meanwhile Excalibur's mind was in a state of flux, frayed to the end of his wits. He didn't see an Ursa Major, he saw Alad V.

Excalibur screeched stepping back and swinging the sword wildly, before he dropped it the blade slicing into the ground. Excalibur fell to his knees laughing maniacally. The Main Six had all looked on in horror at this, mortified by what they saw. Their eyes snapped from Excalibur to the forest as they heard something. In a flash of black and crimson a figure stood before Excalibur, it looked similar to him yet it was somewhat bulkier and more armored. Excalibur looked up and his hand immediately went for the sword which was swiftly kicked from his hands clattering against the stone wall of a building.

"How... How are you here you bastard! Your supposed to be dead! You and that damn sentient took enough away from me! What more do you want!" Excalibur screamed his voice dripping with hate. He was taken aback though, when the figure spoke back to him its own voice slurring and echoing sounding like voices in the wind. "What do I want?... Thisss I can not tell you. You mussst find that out for yourssselfff. But I can ssshare thisss you little whelp. All isss not asss it ssseemss here. A ssstorm iss brewing. Trussst me The dark figure started to fragment splitting apart and scattering to the wind. "Fffind the letter" It finished its body fully disintegrating. Excalibur jumped up to his feet and screamed at the top of his lungs "COME BACK YOU BASTARD! I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU!"

Excalibur dropped to his knees slumping down exhausted. He jumped as he felt a hoof on his shoulder turning he saw it was Twilight.
"You seem tired. Come on lets get you inside and rest." She spoke in a calming tone. Excalibur slowly nodded but before he could take a step he saw something out of the corner of his eye, a color. This color was very familiar to him and Excalibur instantly pivoted, his head spinning, and he saw her there.

"Valkyr" And with that darkness overtook him and he was sent to the realm of dreams.

Author's Note:

Little fast paced but eh I don't care also random exposition and foreshadowing yay, also bit of a mindscrew chapter so... any theories? Wonder if anyone will get it right?... Probably not.