• Published 21st Jul 2016
  • 721 Views, 12 Comments

True Harmony - ddstory25



A mysterious force scatters Twilight's friends all across Equestria, no longer having memory of each other. Can Twilight get back her friends before a sinister plot destroys Equestria.

  • ...
1
 12
 721

Leaving To Pursue My Friends

Running into the foyer, she found that nopony was there.Twilight was getting angry, but after finding no pony at her door she walked back to the throne room in a huff; back to the map. When she walked back into the throne room she found Starlight passed out on the ground with Spike next to her, and a pony lounging in her throne. Already upset, Twilight snapped, and yelled at the newcomer,

“Who are you!? And what have you done to those two?”

Suddenly, something in Twilight’s brain clicked.

“It was you; you took my friends away, didn’t you!? Where are they!? Bring them back!?”

The pony that sat in her throne looked over at her and said calmly

“My, my you're a little rude for a princess aren’t you? Just look at your map there, that’s where your friends are my dear. Besides, I had to take them to those places, and alter their minds; because to play this game you’ll need to do things without them. At least for a while, you will have to do things without your beloved friends to help you.”

Twilight looked at the unicorn with a confused expression on her face and spoke,

“What do you mean, do what on my own?”

The unicorn eyed her with a smug look on her face; speaking in a smooth, silky voice,

“Well, your tasks would be stopping Celestia and Luna from arguing about the day and night cycle, they seem intent now to keep moving the sun and moon around at will. Then there would be having to stop Discord from spreading chaos all over the kingdom of course.Then finding and regaining your friends to your side. I mean, if you can’t stop them and find your friends, how will you ever stop me from killing the Tree of Harmony. I’ll make it a race against time, stop the threat of the three demigods and regain your friends in five days or let Equestria fall into despair and chaos for all eternity.”

She had a worryingly, threatening look on her face when she uttered that last sentence, and when Twilight met her eyes she felt scared; her eyes were the same shade of purple as her castle but they had a poisonous look to them. Like if she kept looking into them she would lose her mind. Twilight blinked and looked away from her eyes, and quickly built up the courage to ask,

“What do you mean? Celestia and Luna would never do a thing like that. And… and Discord- He’s changed. So bring back my friends and we’ll stop you here and now.”

The unicorn looked at her, closed her eyes and said with that calm tone of hers

“That’s not how this game works Princess Twilight Sparkle. You play my game and play by my rules. If you win the right way, you’ll get a chance to fight me, if you don’t,you lose. Lose everything you’ve ever known. You don’t get to order me around you foal- five days and that’s the limit. And don’t worry, I’ll always give you notice to when a day has been spent. You might need that information since the sky is going to be changing over and over again.”

Her tone of voice changed from calm to cold and angry.Twilight felt like a little child when this pony yelled at her like that and she said with suspicion in her voice,

“Tell me your name at least, and then I’ll play your game.”

She smiled and said

“I’m Dark Blitz, now let the game begin.”

She then got up off Twilight’s throne, and Twilight was able to see that she was a bit taller than Celestia. Not just that, but her horn was also a bit longer and thicker than Celestia’s too. In a flash of rainbow light she vanished.

Twilight didn’t even know where to start with this game that Dark Blitz was making her play; her motive to doing such things, was unclear. Twilight had to make a decision; find her friends or stop Celestia, Luna and Discord. Twilight couldn’t do this alone, but Starlight and Spike were still out cold. Outside, the sky was already changing from sunset back to day, and then the moon started to rise up from behind the mountains again, and soon the sky was becoming split. She quickly looked at the map, and she choose to get her friends. Memorizing all of their locations, Twilight decided to go get Fluttershy first since she was the further-est away. Twilight had to move fast, so she ran out of the castle to the train station to catch the next train out there. Twilight got to the train station in five minutes flat and yelled

“I need to take the train outbound to the end of the line, out to that village on the edge of Equestria!”

The conductor looked over and addressed her in a sassy tone,

"I’m sorry Miss, but the trains ain’t running right now, parts of the tracks were turned into balloons. So we can’t have the train move over them or all the tracks will be gone in a flash. We have to have them changed back, but it looks like a powerful spell so it’ll take some time.”

Twilight looked stunned and quickly thought

‘Discord probably did that, that trickster…. Oh no he’s started changing things already.’

Twilight realized that she needed a backup plan, but she wasn’t sure what. She spent the next few minutes quickly going through plans when she suddenly remembered she could fly now; she seemed to always forget that in a pinch. Twilight smiled, and in a flash she was airborne and flying in the direction of Starlight’s old village.

On the way to Starlight’s old village Twilight couldn’t stop thinking to herself;

‘What’s Dark Blitz plan? Why kill the Tree of Harmony, and how would she even kill it. And why do all this.’

Twilight thought this over for a long time, but about halfway to the village she changed her thoughts over to only Dark Blitz;

‘Why do this all, is she some other villain Celestia and Luna banished a 1,000 years ago too? Was her magic more powerful than Celestia’s? How else did she brainwash all three of the demigod’s of Equestria? Hmm, she was taller than Celestia and had a longer horn. Plus she was wearing a cloak; What was she hiding? ….Could she be an alicorn?’

But that thought quickly left Twilight’s mind; it couldn’t be possible. There were only five alicorns in Equestria; if there was another Celestia would have told her. Twilight couldn’t wrap her mind around Dark Blitz’s plan or why she was doing this to her. As she finally descended to the village her thought’s about Dark Blitz being an alicorn kept coming back to haunt her.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading the story an enjoying it. It's slowly starting but it's picking up the pace a bit now.