• Published 2nd Jun 2016
  • 656 Views, 2 Comments

Six mares - Darkscout99



When a spell goes wrong, the mane six are sent to earth.

  • ...
3
 2
 656

Getting to know you, er, them.

Jackson awoke with a minor headache. Nothing some advil wouldn’t solve, but annoying nonetheless. He struggled out of bed before stumbling into his bathroom. He grabbed the advil and took two pills before looking at himself in the mirror. Noticing the light beard he had, he decided to shave it off. Grabbing the razor, cream, and a towel, he quickly went about the process. After cutting himself and shoving a small wad of toilet paper on it, he went to get himself breakfast. Then he noticed something strange. It smelled like somebody was already cooking. Since he lived alone he wondered if somebody had come into his house just to make him breakfast. Although he mostly was out of the public eye, a crazy fangirl had broken into his house and done that before…


When he stepped around the corner he needed to correct his thoughts. Somepony, not someone, had managed to get into his house. The events of the night before then came back to him. The car crash, the ponies, and the long exhausting walk home. Since they were all asleep he had decided to just put two of them in each spare room. They stopped talking the second that Jackson entered the room. They just stared at each other for a minute before either spoke.


“H-Hi.” One of them said. After racking his brain he realised the pony was Applejack.


“So I wasn’t dreaming last night?” Jackson said to all of them at once. They all nodded back at him. “Huh, explains the headache.” he walked over and sat down. “So, I see you made breakfast. What time is it?”


“Um, twelve pm.” the purple unicorn one told me while levitating one of the clocks closer to her face.”


“Guess I slept in didn’t i?” Jackson added with a chuckle. “So, I get that you’re ponies, but why do you look like… that?”


Twilight furrowed her brow before answering, “what do you mean? We look completely normal.”


Jackson shook his head. “You look nothing like the ponies from earth. Ours aren’t as colorful as you. And they don’t have wings or horns. And they aren’t intelligent. Basically the only thing you have in common is the name and you stand on four legs.”


“They don’t? So the ponies around here don’t talk? That’s interesting…” she trailed off muttering to herself.


Jackson shrugged before pulling out his phone and tapping something in before turning it around and showing Twilight. “Here’s what a pony on earth looks like,” She snapped out of her trance and stared at the phone.


“What’s that?” she asked.


“A pony.”


“A pony? But isn’t that a pony?”


“Isn’t what a pony? The picture is a pony.”


“That what is the picture on?”


Jason blinked and facepalmed. “You don’t have phones where you come from do you?” She answered his question by blinking with a blank expression. “It’s a device that allows you to talk to anyone in the world no matter where they are, as long as you have one of these devices. It also allows you to access to almost all of humanity's knowledge, minus a few things the public should not know about.”


Twilight’s eyes grew wide after hearing the explanation. “So it's got every single book ever written on it?”


“Well, yes, but you have to buy them. Now i’m not poor by any means of the word, but those small charges can add up rather quick. And at $10-$20 a piece those books can cost hundreds of dollars rather quick for even a slower reader. I do have something to show you later though if you like to read.”


“Can you show me now?”


“Later, but I need some information about you first. Like where do you come from…”


We spent the next few hours discussing the similarities between their world and earth. Jackson explained everything, from science, to sports, to the animals and even further. When they were finished talking, he had shown them around his house. They almost had to drag Twilight out of the library, and actually had to drag Applejack out of the nursery. There was something important that he learned from the ponies though. They had forgotten most of their lives, other than just enough to keep most of their personalities. They had forgotten their families, their other friends, and their lives.


Jackson decided this wasn’t acceptable. He needed to find a way to get them home.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter but i wanted to get this done tonight. My hand also hurts a good bit still but it's feeling better. Also I couldn't figure out how to stretch it out without making it boring. Grammar wise, please point out my errors. Thank you!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment