• Published 2nd Jun 2016
  • 5,745 Views, 99 Comments

Sunset Shimmer - A Pony in Hogwarts - ratedoni



Celestia and Sunset decided that maybe it was time for a break before they start fighting, so with that inmind Sunset accepts the invitation of a magical school at the other side of the mirror. Pray for the sanity of those in the school.

  • ...
17
 99
 5,745

A Pony in Hogwarts 05

Idly, Sunset wondered if this was how Princess Celestia felt like whenever she held court, well, not really since both circumstances were completely different, but in a way there were some minor similarities, although you had to squint a little. First of all, while the whole place was as raucous as one of the parties that the guards made every month in the castle, there was a sense of control. Maybe it was the way the school had been divided in five different sections; four for the houses and one for the teachers. Second, just by the looks that every table sends to members of the other one, you could see the interactions between them.

Slytherin and Gryffindor kept sending murderous looks filled with all the venom that a teenager or child could muster, but most times it only ended up looking quite adorable in some. Ravenclaw members looked at the other table members with looks of scrutiny, to see if there was anything interesting to see so they could analyze it, although maybe she was giving them too much credit. Meanwhile, Hupplepuff kept themselves out of the horrible dominance battle and simply waved or smiled at other tables. It was clear that Hupplepuff were the neutral party, something to remember for later, maybe to be exploited or to use at a later date. Who knows? They could prove useful; after all, she will be in the school for the next seven years, minus some time back in Equestria.

Now that she thought about it, how would that mirror thing work? After all there was supposed to be some kind of time limiter in that thing, maybe Celestia wanted her to work on that as a side project.

Any ideas she might have had were dashed away after her first sip of the concoction in front of her. She had to gag and every ounce of self-control she had to avoid having to vomit right in front of everyone. This was supposed to be pumpkin juice? The thing tasted horrible! Where was the juice? This was only pulp and a liquefied corpse for all she knew; these humans were insane to drink something as nasty as this. She had to find a way to get her hands on some nice apple juice or she will find a way to murder for it.

After she cleaned her tongue with a napkin Sunset went back to her own thoughts about how the place reminded her of home and court. It was true that the only thing that was similar at first sight was the magic permeating the whole place, but it went beyond that. Even now, this being her first day, she could see groups of power already starting.

On Slytherin’s side, Draco Malfoy already gathered his own side, not that the older boys will let him have the power he thought was his own by birth. He will, without a doubt, have to knock some heads to climb that power totem. That is if he was smart, because Sunset was sure daddy dearest won’t move a finger to put him in the throne. If he failed or had success, it didn’t matter, because either way Sunset will make his life miserable, maybe enough to see him fall from grace. There was a story she had read about human history that she would gladly reenact, she just had to find who would be the perfect Brutus.

Beyond her nice little thoughts about the demise of a future rival, Sunset did notice how the Gryffindor table was arranged. It was not as obvious as the green ones, but the way in which Harry had been shuffled into the center was sickening, as if he was some kind of trophy they had just won. Well, he would have been put in the center if it weren’t for Sunset sitting down at that place. The face of the older students was enough for Sunset to feel as if she had won the first round of many against them.

So here she was, basically holding the Gryffindor Court with a thankful Harry at her right side and a wide eyed Hermione on her left. They were also surrounded by what seemed to be the whole Wesley clan. Good, they could work as guards or human shields, whatever came first.

“You so have to teach us how you did it this morning,” one of the twins said to Sunset.

“Yeah, we’ve never seen someone make Mom stay quiet like that.”

“It was as if she had seen a ghost.”

“Well, more like great grandma’s ghost.”

“She never liked to hear her complains.”

“Not really,” the way the two played on each other sentences must be an acquired skill because it was hilarious, if a little annoying.

“Common sense, it seems you wizards are really weak against it. Anyway, what’s with the blondie in Slytherin?

“Malfoy? Not sure, but his dad is a nasty git.”

“Fred, please, abstain yourself from using those words.”

“Come on Percy, you know he is one.”

“I’m not saying he is not, which he is by the way, both mom and dad complain enough times about them, just don’t use those words around kids,” the grave looking teenager said, the one that was obviously Percy and the oldest Weasley still in school. He had the looks of a bureaucrat although there might be some salvation for him.

In the end it had been fun, with interesting people to meet and some interesting food, but all fun most end at some point and they were all herded away like baby ducklings into their new dorms. Just watching who would be her new roommate; to see Hermione’s smile made Sunset return it and it was weird. Here she was, with what could be her first female friend and it wasn’t even a pony. She was sure this world was changing her beyond the physical.

Sadly, all her good humor evaporated after seeing inside their dorm and the brunette girl that was already putting posters and pictures up in the wall. By the way they all smiled and winked at the unseen camera she was sure they were actors and pop artists.

“Hermione, I’m going to kill her and you will be my alibi.”

“Sunset, wait! You cannot kill someone in the school; it says so in the rulebook!”