• Published 10th Jun 2016
  • 2,747 Views, 54 Comments

Let's Rock! - MetalJrock



The Blue Bomber fights for everlasting peace in a new world.

  • ...
7
 54
 2,747

Mountain Masters

"Ugh... Why must it be so cold up here?" questioned Rarity, who was shivering in her place. Applejack rolled her eyes at the question, feeling that the answer was obvious. The two mares and Spike had followed Mega Man up the mountain in search for the supposed Robot Masters that Starlight Glimmer mentioned to them. They hoped that there was nothing else left in the small town.

"It's not too bad actually." said Spike.

"That's because you have scales, Spike," reminded Mega Man with a chuckle, "Your scales and my armor make it a lot easier to climb, but I can't say the same for you two unfortunately. Had I known, I'd have asked to borrow Proto-Man's scarf."

Rarity lightly laughed, "Oh, what I would give to have a scarf like his."

"Ah'll be fine, Rock. I'm always out in the cold during the Apple Harvest anyhow," assured Applejack, "This... Is just slightly more cold for mah liking. Let's just hurry and find Robot Masters that Starlight mentioned before they could even dare to head to the town down below." she sighed.

"Even so. I think the others can handle it." Spike said, not doubting his friends.

"Yeah. Rainbow Dash was able to destroy Quick Man. When we first fought back when Wily first built him. He beat me at every turn and I didn't get the upper hand on him until I got the necessary weapon that he was weak to." explained Mega Man.

"Even so... We should be careful." added Rarity.

"Yeah..." nodded Mega Man, holding up his Mega Buster. He aimed it in front of him, ready to fight anything that wanted to attack him and his friends when they least expected is. The four walked into a dark cavern, slowly pacing their way in with concern. Their footsteps echoed in the caves, and observed the snow filled dark filled area, hoping that whatever is in here doesn't blindside them and head into the town.

While they were standing still, each of them standing back to back, a noise was heard. Mega Man thought it sounded like footsteps, "Uh. Was that any of you?" he asked the ponies and dragon. The three of them shook their heads, just as confused as the Blue Bomber as to finding the source of the noise. It was heard again, "Okay... That wasn't me either. Just checking." he added, holding his arm cannon in the direction where he heard the sound from.

"Surprise!"

The four jumped out of the way from a snowflake shaped like projectile which melted upon contact with the rocky floor. Mega Man looked upward, "Frost Man!" he shouted. Frost Man was a Robot Master that had similar proportions to the Blue Bomber, but his body contained sections that were made of ice crystal such as the top of his head, shoulder pads and knees. The icy Robot Master hopped down from his spot to reveal himself to his arch-nemesis and the ponies that had follwed.

"Mega Man!"

"I must say, the crystals on your body suit you!" complimented Rarity, who was busy admiring the articulate design or Frost Man, ignoring the battle. Applejack groaned in frustration.

"Why thank you. I am glad to see someone appreciates the ice." Frost Man responded. He threw more snowballs at them, this time aimed at the unicorn. Spike noticed this and made a b-line toward Rarity, pushing her and himself out of the way in time before they reached their flesh.

"Oh, thank you, Spikey!" said Rarity soothly, nuzzling the dragon and making him blush. "And as for you! How dare you harm somepony that just complimented you!" the unicorn scolded Frost Man, who never responded to her whining. Mega Man raised a brow at the fashionista's comments.

"Uh, Rarity... He's trying to kill us. This is no time for a lesson in manners. Especially to a Robot Master!" Mega Man lectured while shooting at Frost Man, who blocked the pellets with an ice barrier he managed to make.

"It is no use, Mega Man. The cold temperature here gives me a better advantage than last time. I am able to use the environment create any weapon I so choose." boasted the cold Robot Master.

Mega Man tried to shoot through the ice barrier, managing to make a hole through it. Frost Man staggered back, trying to form more ice weapons, "Heh. You got stronger. I guess it is time I revealed the other Robot Master here."

"Other Robot Master?" questioned Applejack.

The ground started to shake underneath Applejack's feet. The farmpony hopped out of her spot as huge drills protruded from the ground, nearly hitting the mare in the process lf being revealed. The robot was a red robot, but instead of having hands like Mega Man, he had drills for appendages and one on the head. Mega Man instantly recognized who it was, even though it wasn't technically a robot Wily created.

"You brought Drill Man too? Who else did Wily bring back with Ra Moon?" asked Mega Man in surprise.

"How does he scratch himself?" Spike wondered, looking at Drill Man's hands, or lack of them for that matter.

Mega Man atarted to run, using his Top Spin to attack Frost Man. He stopped spinning, hitting the cold Robot Master with a charged shot hard enough to stun him, "Girls! Spike! I'll handle Frost Man! Can you hold off Drill Man until I shut this one down?" he asked the others, who nodded. The three ran toward Drill Man.

"Ah!" shouted Applejack, ducking underneath the Robot Master's heavy drill hands. She turned around and bucked him in the head. Drill Man was ready to slam his drills into the farmpony, but a blue aura held back his limbs. The orange mare turned to see that Rarity was holding him back.

Spike used his firebreath to burn through the armor. This left the Robot Master exposed and in a fit of rage, he threw a small drill on the ground. "Uh... Why is it beeping?" asked the unicorn. She looked at the red blinking light at the base of the weapon and used her magic to immediately push herself and her friends out of the way of a contained explosion. The weapon vanished and the ground below their hooves and feet started to shake.

The three hopped out of the way of the drill from earlier popping up from the ground. Spike used his breath to burn it to ash. The young drake panted, enever having pushed himself like that in a while, "See? This is why I should join you more often!" he demanded, getting back to his feet.

"Worry about that later, Spike! We got Drill Man to worry about!" said Applejack. Drill Man pushed his hands on the ground, making the floor tremble. Stalagtites on the ceiling began to fall onto the ground. Rarity once more used her magic to hold them back up and threw them in the direction of Drill Man's exposed circuits, damaging them even more. The Robot Master hissed, feeling his circuits being fried and broken apart. He held the open areas, trying to keep himself active.

Applejack bucked him in the chest while he wasn't looking and Spike tore off the processor with his claws, shutting down Drill Man for good. Rarity looked at the damaged and beaten robot, "How barbaric... Does Rock have to do this all the time? To fight his own kind like he is now? The poor boy..." Rarity realized, figuring out just how tought it is for a hero like Rock to continue fighting.

Meanwhile Mega Man used his Leaf Shield to cover himself from one of Frost Man's Freeze Cracker projectiles, "It is no use, Mega Man! Wily and Starlight will succeed and Ra Moon's raw power shall be exposed to all worlds!" declared Frost Man.

Mega Man punched Frost Man, using his Super Arm ability to strengthen the attack, "Just stop!" he said, the Blue Bomber's eyes glowing red for a brief second. He punched Frost Man again, breaking his chest. Sighing, Mega Man finished Frost Man off by throwing a Metal Blade at his core, shutting him down. "I'm sorry..." he said, his eyes turning back to normal. He pressed his hand on the body slowly, dowloading the necessary data on it.

"Rock? Are you okay?" asked Spike.

"Yeah... I'm fine." replied Mega Man, pressing his hand on Drill Man. He downloaded his Drill Bomb weapon into his databanks for inventory. "No useful data in here. Wily and Starlight really did plan ahead." he said in a dull tone.

"Are ya sure yer feelin' okay, Rock?" questioned Applejack.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. Let's just get the others and head back to Ponyville."