• Published 6th Jun 2016
  • 1,569 Views, 32 Comments

Imprisonment of a Changeling - Southern Wing



The attack on Canterlot by Queen Chrysalis had far more reaching effects than realized. It started anew an old conflict that now threatens to embroil all ponykind.

  • ...
6
 32
 1,569

Return to Ponyville

The train ride home for Sev, Rarity, Twilight, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy was a quiet one. Applejack and Rainbow Dash were riding in the car in front of the group, still upset over what recently happened.

Sev was the one to break the ice. “I could answer more questions about Wing’s hive if you want.”

“Like what, Sev?” Twilight asked.

“Well, the oath circle for one. It’s like the unbreakable vow from Harry Trotter, only it doesn’t kill you. It just makes the one taking it unable to say it at all. It has to be broken by the changeling, or in Wing’s case, have their natural form revealed in public.”

“I see.” Twilight scribbled what Sev said down on a notebook.

“Mobius Team won’t be able to do anything, though…”

“What’s Mobius Team?”

“Basically, the red changeling version of the Royal Equestrian Navy’s SEAL Team Six.”

“Ah.” More notes were taken.

“Yeah, they’re the best special forces team of the red changeling hive.”

Fluttershy stared out the window quietly as Ponyville started to come into view. The train slowly came to a stop in front of the station. Rainbow Dash and Applejack walked off the train in a huff, barely speaking to the others.

“I hope everything gets better soon,” Fluttershy muttered.

“Don’t worry, Flutters, it’ll get better soon,” Sev replied.

Fluttershy gave Sev a small smile in reply.

“Now come on, you still need to pick up Winter. Like Wing said, she needs you to be strong while he’s in the dungeon.”

“I know,” Fluttershy replied meekly as she and Sev got off the train.

They made their way to Sweet Apple Acres to pick up Winter as night was falling. Sev had seen Dashie just long enough to see that she was heading there, as well to pick up their children.

Big Mac waited for them with Winter near the entrance, with Sweetie Belle and Applebloom beside him.

“Um...hey, Big Mac,” Fluttershy mumbled.

“Howdy, ma’am,” Big Mac replied.

“Mommy!” Winter cried, as she rushed to Fluttershy and hugged her.

“Um...where’s Applejack?” Fluttershy asked, taking note of AJ’s absence.

Big Mac pointed to a shed on the farm. “Granny’s er...making sure she behaves herself.”

“Oh...well, couldn’t have happened to a nicer pony’, Sev replied.

“Yep. Ma little sis can be stubborn at times, but ah’m surprised she came here talking like she was. Granny wasn’t taking it ait all.”

“I bet,” Sev sighed, knowing exactly what to expect from that.

“I should get Winter home…” Fluttershy squeaked.

Winter remained silent, but the look on her face said the same thing.

“Let get you home then...and then I might go home and...make myself acquainted with the couch...again,” Sev replied.

The three ponies started walking away from Sweet Apple Acres quietly, waving to Big Mac. Applebloom and Sweetie Belle waved back as they departed.

“Hey...we’ll find a way to get him out. I promise you,” Sev consoled the pegasus.

“I know…” Fluttershy replied, looking away.

“That mean ol bitch Chrysalis...I hope she gets what’s comin to her!” Winter shouted.

“Winter, watch your language!” Fluttershy scolded.

“Sorry Mommy…” Winter replied, looking away.

“She has Wing’s attitude toward Chrysalis,” Sev took note of, to which he received a scowl form Fluttershy.

“I want Daddy back.” Winter said, sniffling.

Fluttershy hugged her daughter. “I do too, sweetie...I do too.”

“Yeah. I want him back too, believe me. I’ll do whatever I can to get Wing home to you two.”

“Do not worry, young Winter. We will find a way to get your father released,” Queen Chiton communed telepathically with Winter.

“I know, grandmama Chiton,” Winter replied telepathically.

The little filly slowly trotted to her room while her mother and her uncle talked. She looked at a picture of herself with her father on the nightstand. It was taken when she took her first flight with him. She gave a small smile as the memories entered her mind. Winter yawned, curling herself into a ball and falling asleep on her bed.

-----------------

Meanwhile, Wing was laying down on the cot in his cell. He observed a guard pass by his cell. “Hey, can I get something to read here?” Wing asked the guard.

“Fine, guess it’s alright,” the guard grumbled in response. “Not like you’re gonna hurt us by reading.” The guard left for a while and returned with a book. Wing walked over and took the book with his hoof after the guard opened the slot that was normally used for sliding in his meals.

“Thank you, sir.” Wing walked back to his cot and read the title of the book, “The Stallion in the High Castle.” Wing smirked, as he had been reading the book before the wedding. He read the book for a few hours, until the sound of hoof steps interrupted his reading. Wing looked up and watched none other than Princess Celestia walk into view, with two guards accompanying her.

“Southern Wing,” Princess Celestia stated in a very formal tone.

“Your Majesty,” Wing bowed, setting the book down. “May I inquire what this visit is about? But I think I already know the reasoning behind it.”

“You always were a smart figure. Yes, I am here to ask if what I’ve heard from Prince Armor is true.”

“It is, Your Majesty. And I agree that it may be best if I stay here for the time being.”

“Unfortunately, yes. I will make sure the guards know not to do anything to you.”

“Very smart. My people would demand extradition when we become more diplomatically friendly. Any action against our own would call for punishment. The severity would depend on the crime, of course.”

“Indeed. I trust your hive’s military forces would know that?”

“Princess Celestia, the military forces of my hive take matters seriously. I can only hope that there are no misunderstandings between us and ponies. The violet hive wishes the same.”

“So your hive and the violet hive are allies, then?”

“Yes, I just hope that ponies are prepared for a long war. It took nearly fifteen hundred years to get the lovists down to one hive. I pray to Zacherle that it doesn’t take as long to finish them off. But you must know that not all blue changelings follow lovist ways. Several were exiled for wanting to share love like we do.”

“Really?” Celestia asked, surprised at the revelation.

“Yes, we took them in and taught them how to share love, and not act and look as monstrous.”

“I would like to learn more about your hive.”

“I would love to share it...but not now.”

“Why not now? Why not speak when you’re safe with us?”

“You see, we… well, how do I put it? We changelings have to make trust proven from non bond siblings.”

“I see. You mentioned my grandmother, and how do you know of her?”

“That, Princess, is one thing I will divulge. We know her because when she ruled Equestria, we were not ‘bug ponies’. Well, not to the degree that we are now that is.”

“What do you mean?”

“Ever hear of flutterponies?”

“I’ve read about them.” Celestia paused to process it in. “Wait, you don’t mean to say…”

“That we are flutterponies? Yes ,that’s exactly what we are… well, were. Because of Tambelon, that all changed.”

“T… Tambelon?” Celestia asked, the fear of the mere mention of the city clear in her voice.

“Yes. The very same,” Wing spoke softly.

“So how was Luna not able to enter your dreams?” Celestia continued.

“Well, changeling dreams are part of the hive mind. Though, the farther you get, there is less influence, especially to those who live outside the hive like me. But the reason she wasn’t able to is quite simple; the mind of a changeling living outside the hive is difficult to penetrate.”

“I’m beginning to get a view on how your hive’s changelings work,” Celestia thought, making a mental note to write it all down.

“To get back to the topic of your grandmother, we have her to thank for our ability to shapeshift.”

“How so?”

“After Tambelon, we found ourselves slowly become more bug-like. We feared what could happen to us, because we looked like the changelings that attacked Canterlot. It was only because of Zacherle's gifting us shape shifting abilities, that we were able to live among ponykind.”

“So you truly mean us no harm?”

“Yes, Your Majesty. that is correct.”

“Then I hope that we can achieve peace and work together to take Chrysalis and her followers out, so that we can restore harmony to Equestria.”

“Believe me, we want nothing more than that as well. Was there anything else you wanted to know?”

“Not currently. But I will tell the military commanders to not to antagonize your hive or the purple hive.”

Neither Celestia nor Wing spoke for the next few moments. It took some time for the two of them to chew through everything in their minds.

“You should get some rest, Princess. It’s gonna be a long day tomorrow.”

“Yes that sounds like a good idea.” Princess Celestia turned to leave with her two guards. one of them momentarily locked eyes with Wing for a second before walking with Celestia and the other guard.

The two guards met their relief and returned to their quarters. The guard that had made eye contact with Wing took his armor off after he returned to his room, and fell onto his bed. His eyes looked to a photo of himself and another guard, posing in front of a statue of Queen Zacherle. “I will avenge you, my friend,” he said, his voice firm with anger. “I will make those Lovist bastards pay… Kierzach. I failed in my duty as your bond brother, but I will repay my debt in time.”