• Published 1st Jun 2016
  • 1,211 Views, 21 Comments

The Girls: Children of Troy and the Sons of the Bear - Chelis



Six college students travel to Equestria to investigate a string of abductions of ponies, which are believed to be taken by humans from their world

  • ...
11
 21
 1,211

Like a Bunch of Girls

Trish came back a few minutes later, that time joined by some familiar faces

"Guess who we ran into!" Nassir announced. Brock was with them and looked more awake from the last time I saw him, which was at practice.

"Awsome!" I replied.

"Well, we gots time to study. Mr. Finch always throws questions that are not covered in class on the tests!" Brock said.

I still had time to burn and the classroom was the next building over, so I would casually join in their quick study session. They threw their textbooks on the table and went to work, trying to do so in a loud room that was always bustling with chatter. As we went, I kept noticing Trisha taking a quick glance at me every so often. We would lock eyes, she would smile and then go back to reading. I mean, she is a great girl, don't get me wrong. Just… my heart belonged to another.

It was then my phone started to vibrate. And wouldn't you know,: it surprisingly wasn't from Trisha.

It was Brock.

"Hey, can I ask you something, dude?"

I had a peculiar look as I typed because I was expecting Trisha.

"Sure, what's up?"

When his phone vibrated, he would pick it up and text and go back to studying.

"Has Trisha ever say anything about me? Don't say I asked or anything..."

Thank you Brock, you based son of a bitch. This will be fun.

"Not that I know, why? Ya digging her?"

"Don't say anything, I'm trusting you."

I guess I was caught up in texting that I didn't see Nasir pick up his phone.

"Why are you both PMing each other like a bunch of girls?" His text said.

"Brock wants to fuck Trisha." I replied with a smirk

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO TELL ANYONE!" Brock frantically typed.

"Relax, Nas will help you out."

"Fo sho. But it would be hard since she is all up on this guy."

Nassir had a point. Trish dug me, yet…

"Haven't you told her you are spoken for?" Brock texted

"Every day. I think I have to fish out Rainbow from the portal just to prove it to her. I'd help you with making a move on her, B. As you can see it will help my sanity on the long run."

It was then all three of our phones vibrated. We looked. In a new text thread, it was all three of us in a conversation with Trisha.

"So why are you three texting each other like a bunch of girls?"

* * *

After our 'fun', Joshua and I would always either cook or go out for breakfast and spend the rest of the morning under a tree, sitting on his lap and observing everyone who was walking by. As our tradition, we would always have the meanest insults about what the person looked like and what they were doing. Our insults were brutal, but only we would hear their banter from under the tree, both of us stifling out a little giggle every time. Our next class was not for another few hours, so we had time to kill.

"So Josh, what is your plan for the Regionals?" I asked.

"I already got the time off from my professors. I just need to worry about what I do best," He replied.

"That's good to hear," I said as I shifted myself, trying to get as close as I could to him.

"Coach was talking Olympics," Joshua nervously admitted.

I lifted my upper body off of him and turned around because I could have sworn he just said he might be trying to make it to the US Olympic boxing team, which he always wanted to do since we were kids. Every time I was his classmate or in his classroom for some reason, I would always see what he wanted to be when he got older. It would always be a crude drawing of what was supposed to be him in the boxing ring. The fact he might be fulfilling it seemed surreal.

"Seriously?!"

"Yeah, if I win Regionals, he will introduce me to someone."

"Holy shit, man!" I bellowed. Yep, he was going places, and that bitch was gonna take me with him.

"Right?!"

"Well, I'm proud of you! My man is gonna be an Olympic contender!"

"You can do it too, you know."

"Josh, I would rather take a dick than a punch. I'd rather not fight at all if I can help it. Besides, I'd rather stay at home with our kids… And your millions," I said with a smug grin.

"You mean our millions!" He objected.

"Tell that to my future divorce lawyer," I joked, ending that conversation with a deep kiss.

***

As soon as we walked in, we were met with a series of numbers and letters on the wall:

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L.

"I know what that is," Trisha whispered.

"What is it?" Brock asked.

"The Drake Equation: it's a basic equation to estimate how many planets that can harbor life are out there."

"Do they include inter-dimensional travel?" I asked.

"No," Trisha answered

"Why?" I asked

"Inter-dimensional travel is impossible," She commented.

The three of us looked at her and each other, a smug grin on all of our faces. With what we knew and what we went through for the past few years, we were pretty sure that Trisha was completely wrong, a common issue with Laguna High School students like her.

***

I broke off the kiss, and continued to sit on his lap under the shade, people-watching again.

"Hey, babe. That one looks like your mom," He said.

"Joshua, you know better to bring our families into this!" I scolded him.

"No, really, that looks like your mom and… Uh oh."

I dropped my head to see what was going on, and I couldn't believe it. That was my mother alright, dressed in whatever expensive skirt and blouse she was in. She was walking to us with another person.

It was Rainbow Dash.

Author's Note:

I have a skype group for fans, writers, and editors. If you want to join the madness here is the link https://join.skype.com/MkJbzfI1D8o2