• Published 1st Jun 2016
  • 1,206 Views, 21 Comments

The Girls: Children of Troy and the Sons of the Bear - Chelis



Six college students travel to Equestria to investigate a string of abductions of ponies, which are believed to be taken by humans from their world

  • ...
11
 21
 1,206

Rush

Everyone woke up as soon it was two AM on the clock. We all groaned as we got up from either the couches or the floor. We wasted no time in getting ready, as we had no time to lounge around. The coffee maker was brewing a hot batch as we quickly folded up the blankets, most of us yawning with each step of the way. As soon as that was done, we sat at the kitchen table, drinking our coffee for the much-needed jolt. The girls didn't drink coffee, so it was just the ones from this world. We didn't talk much, just drinking our coffee as fast as we could while keeping our tounges from getting burned.

Once that was done, we were ready to go.

A kiss and a 'goodbye' later from Rainbow Dash, they were back in Equestria and we were on a car ride back to LA. The traffic was nonexistant, which was rare even at that time of hour, the lights of the urban sprawl buzzing right by us.

***

Joshua and I ran to our apartment as soon as we stopped the car in the parking lot in front of the campus, knowing we were barely running on time. We shared our shower, but no sex that time. We had no time to waste. We were out and headed to our morning routine within the hour. Joshua was lucky to have a coach that understand, but he wouldn't of been easier on Joshua, electing to push Joshua to the point of collapse if he was even one second late to his workout.

I had a fifteen minute grace period when it came to being late to class so it didn't bother me. I got myself ready and left our apartment to the morning class, albeit knowing I was going to be at least five minutes late. On the way, I saw my brother, Brock, and Nas race to the athletic building, also running late to their breakfast.

***

As soon as the car stopped the three of us were off and running. Only Trisha was not in a hurry since she didn't have a class till later in the morning

Lucky bitch.

We scrambled to our dorm but had to quiet once we went inside and not to tip off whoever was doing watch for the building. Brock had his own room so Mas and I were stuck on who got to go in first. Nas had his clothes for the day already laid out so he got to go in while I pulled out what clothes I was going to wear. He took a few minutes, which meant I had to the same. One quick shower, deodorant, and brushing my teeth later and we were racing out the door and to the breakfast line. Brock was waiting for us outside and we began our race, seeing Jenna run to her class as well along the way.

We were among the last to report for breakfast and practice but were still on time. We didn't get in trouble, but our choice of food at the buffet line became limited. We were usually the first ones there and had the pick of what to get, but we just had to make do with what was left. We still were filled and had our coffee, so we still had the energy to practice.

The practice came and went, and we asked our coach for a day off the next day, saying an event back home. He agreed, seeing how we were already ready for our first game of the season next week. We met up with Trisha, endured another boring class, and ran out to the car and waited for Jenna and Joshua to show up.

* * *

Our last classes ended, and we were waiting for Jenna and Joshua to arrive at the parking lot. On the hood of the van was the old maps of the Everfree Forest in front of us, small books were placed on the corners to keep them from flying away. The forest had barely any open meadows or landmarks, they were sparsely scattered throughout the forest.

"They have to have their portal in one of these meadows. But we can't have pegasus flying all over, I would like the element of surprise in our back pocket." Trisha said.

"fo shoe. Wonder how we will do it with what, six to seven hours of sunlight left?" Nassir added.

"exactly, there's no way we can find it in time!" she replied.

"Unless any of them ponies knew where to find them! some of them must have seen it!"

"That's our only hope!" Trisha said as she rolled up the paper map.

I was sitting in the driver seat, listening in, growing impatient for Jenna and josh. I knew their classes ended a few minutes ago, but I was already ready to go and see Rainbow Dash again. The plan was set, our plan was clear: ask around if anypony saw anything and work from there. Jenna believed that with a machine that powerful they would need a lot of space, and a certain meadow deep in the forest would be the best place for it to be put, especially since a rarely used rail line cut through it, adding in why they managed to strike and disappear so quickly, but we would need to make sure before we waste time.

I was about to fall asleep when Trisha's shouting woke me up

"They're here!"

I jolted back awake to see them running from their apartment to the van. I started her up and waited for everyone to rush inside the van. Nas, Trish, and Brock were already inside and seated when Jenna and Josh scrambled in the van with their backpacks. Josh slammed the side door and that was enough for me to drive off to home.

"Sorry were late" Jenna huffed.

"That's fine, as long as we are on our way!" I replied, fighting with the traffic to get into the lane that would take me on the highway.

Author's Note:

I have a discord group for fans, and people who want to help edit. If you want to join the madness here is the link https://discord.gg/uAk5aAP