• Published 30th May 2016
  • 432 Views, 8 Comments

Scootaloo's Silent Song - UnearthlyGreen



What does Scootaloo do when she gets home?

  • ...
2
 8
 432

Scootaloo's Silent Song

"And," Ms. Cheerilee paused for a second, making sure that the class was listening, "A line segment has two definite en-" The bell rang and soon all the fillies and colts were running out of the room. " Don't forget your homework! Be ready in the morning!" Ms. Cheerilee shouted over the screaming fillies and colts. She sighed.

One student, Scootaloo, ran toward home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scootaloo ran on the path toward home. She picked up her scooter, which had been lying on the side of the road from when she left it there this morning. She clipped her helmet over her head and backed up a bit, scooter in hand. She started running, and then she hopped on and took off, up into the sky. She felt the cool spring breeze brushing through her hair. She heard the bird's singsong. She smelled every essence of spring. And then, she fell. This was normal. She fell onto the cloud that was her house. Rainbow Dash's house.

Scootaloo opened the door, "Sis, I'm home!" She called.

The response that Scootaloo got was, "Cool, squirt, wanna help me play Halo? We can play multiplayer!" Rainbow paused, "Oh, dang!" She screamed at her video game.

"Um... I think I'll pass." Scootaloo said quietly. Then, she had the most amazing idea, "Wanna get some pizza?"

"Sure, squirt. It's Friday after all. We can have Fanta, too."

Scootaloo grinned from ear to ear. Rainbow Dash was so nice! "I'll order it!" she said. Scootaloo went to pick up the phone.

"Hello?"

"What would you like, ma'am?"

"One small pepperoni pizza and one large pepperoni, bacon pizza, please, oh, yeah, just forgot, also, two orange Fanta."

"It'll be ready in twenty minutes, ma'am."

"Thank you!"

Scootaloo hung up the phone and sat with Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash was eating some potato chips and playing Halo. Rainbow Dash started a new level. She had to kill all the alien things. Rainbow Dash got through very well, only dying about 600 times, and then the pizza pony came.

Scootaloo handed him the money and took the pizzas and fantas. She gave Rainbow one of the orange Fanta and the large pizza and herself a Fanta and the smaller pizza.

"Thanks, squirt." Rainbow smiled at Scootaloo.

They finished up their meal in silence, after that, Rainbow laid down to take a nap on the sofa and Scootaloo went up to her room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scootaloo's room was neat. Well, kind of neat. Okay, okay, fine. Her room was messy. Her bed was undone and she had toys scattered over the floor. She had four stuffed animals. The first one was a Mini Rainbow Dash, she called the plush Dashie. One was a teddy bear named Willy. Then there was Ellie the Elephant and Munk the Monkey, those two were best friends.

She sat in the corner of her room and began to play this game in a huge, plastic, hollow sphere with a marble inside of it. Basically, there were a bunch of these traps that the marble had to get through to get to the end. She had to be very patient, as a slight tilt could turn the marble off course and fall of to the start again. There were numbers on the traps to show you how close you were to the end. On this particular sphere, (As there were many versions of this game) The last number was 96. The first time Scootaloo tried, she got to 7, but that was just a warm-up, after all, she got this two days ago. Next she got 12, 15, then 17. 17 was her new personal best! Scootaloo set the sphere down and just sat there, thinking.

I should do my homework, it's pretty easy, she thought. She pulled out her math journal and began to write, Point: Makes up a line. Line: Line segment with no definite end points Line Segment: Straight non-geometrical line that has two definite end points Ray: Has one definite end point and goes on forever in the other direction. There, done that.

After throwing the math journal into her backpack, Scootaloo closed the door and laid down on her bed. She knew what she had wanted to do for quite a while, and she did it. I have a crush on Rainbow Dash, she thought. She knew it was true. She started to hum.

Dah duh dah duhuhuh dah duh dah duh duh, the humming turned in to singing. "Oh, Rainbow, I love you so. Over the rooftop and down the grove. Oh, Rainbow, you know I'm there. Won't you just acknowledge me somewhere? I wish that you knew I had this crush on you! Anywhere, anytime, I do. Because it's the truth, and I know it, know it, yes I do." She sighed. It felt good knowing that she had a crush on Rainbow Dash. Admitting it to herself felt good, too.

Scootaloo started writing in her Diary, for 100th time, I have a crush on Rainbow Dash. After that, she opened her door and came down stairs.

"What's for dinner?" She asked.

"I was thinking maybe McPonies? If you wanna make something we could have that, too, though." Rainbow answered. She had woken from her nap moments ago.

"Good, because I do! Don't peek in the kitchen, it's a surprise!" Scootaloo grinned.

"M'kay, squirt." Rainbow smiled. Whatever Scootaloo was gonna make it'd be good. Scootaloo was pretty good at cooking, if you asked her.

Scootaloo set to work. She took out a humongous mixing bowl. First, she poured in 2 cups of flower. Next, she poured in a half cup of sugar. Then went in a half a teaspoon of baking powder. After that, she poured in a sprinkle of salt and a teaspoon of vanilla. She mixed in milk and eggs. Finally, she put in a stick of butter. She put in in one of those cake shape thingies and put it in the oven for 30 minutes. She let it sit for a while.

She took the cake out of the oven and she took a knife and carved a heart in the top. She carefully cut two slices and set them on plastic plates. She poured milk into two plastic cups. "It's ready!" Scootaloo turned the lights out and stood by them. Rainbow opened the door.

"Why's it so dar-" She was cut off.

"Surprise!" Scootaloo shouted, grinning

Rainbow eyed the cake, "You... love me?" she was smiling a huge smile now.

"Of.. of course I do! You're basically family!" Scootaloo wasn't admitting the truth... she just couldn't. It was too hard.

Rainbow dash leaned in to hug Scootaloo. It was the best moment of Scootaloo's life. "Let's eat!" Rainbow said joyfully.

The ate the vanilla cake in silence.

"That was the best cake ever!" Rainbow grinned. "Time for bed now, squirt!"

"Oh.. all right." Scootaloo sighed.

Scootaloo and Rainbow walked up the stairs to Scootaloo's room and Rainbow tucked her into bed. "Night, squirt." Rainbow whispered. Rainbow turned out the light and closed the door. Best. Day. Ever.

Author's Note:

This was a super fun story! The idea hit me instantly, after reading a story that's featured on my page, it's called Duet Beneath a Setting Sun. Check it out! It's super good!

Also, I hate saying this, but if you add this to favorites, please like it, too.

Comments ( 8 )

Short, but cute enough.

Since it's been stuck in my head all day I tried to fit the song to the tune of Gold (Owl City).
It did not work.

Absolutely adorable!

7259179
7259884 Thanks! I appreciate your feedback a lot!

7259190 I made the song up myself. :rainbowlaugh:

I enjoyed this. Good Job!

Login or register to comment