• Published 24th Jun 2016
  • 682 Views, 20 Comments

Best Birthday Ever! - Dash32



It's Scootaloos birthday and she's bored. But why is everypony ignoring her? Was it something she did? Did she say something wrong?

  • ...
1
 20
 682

Why so nervous Rarity?

With having no chance of hanging out with the Apples for the day, Scootaloo decided to track down her other friend and fellow Cutie Mark Crusader, Sweetie Belle. The little orange filly rides around on her scooter scanning the area for any sign of her unicorn friend.

“Oh come on. She's gotta be around here somewhere.” Scootaloo mutters to herself.

Eventually she stops in front of the Carousel Boutique, gets off the scooter and trots up to the door. She knocks and waits for a reply. Shortly afterward an alabaster unicorn with a beautiful purple mane with curls at the end answers the door.

“Welcome to the Carousel Boutique! Where everything is chic, unique, and magnif–...uuuuh...”

“Down here.”

Rarity looks down and takes notice of the small filly in front of her.

“Oh! Why hello Scootaloo! What brings you here?”

“I'm bored and wanted to see if you and Sweetie Belle wanted to hang out? I asked Applejack and Apple Bloom but they were too busy.”

“Oh dear...I am terribly sorry but I'm afraid today just will not do. You see, I am taking Sweetie shopping later and don't really have time for such events.”

“Really? That's what Applejack said.”

Rarity smiles nervously and starts to sweat.”

“Ah hahaha...you don't say! Um...I guess it is just a coincidence.”

‘What's wrong with her? She's acting really weird.’

“Well, anyway...I must be going! Lots of orders to fill and so little time!”

“Oh...okay...I understand.”

“I am deeply sorry. Perhaps another time? I do believe she and I are available after today.”

“Yeah...sure. I'll just, be going then. Take care Rarity.”

“Ta-ta my dear!”

Rarity watches as Scootaloo once again hops onto her scooter and buzzes down the street away from the boutique. A few seconds later Sweetie Belle walks down the stairs with a curious look.

“Who was that sis?”

“That was Scootaloo.”

“Uh oh...you didn't tell her did you?”

“Not a word.”

“Whew. Good. If word got out and she found out about it, she would flip out and it would be total disaster.”

“Yes I am well aware of the risks Sweetie Belle. Now! What's say we go shopping now before all the good stores close?”

“Let's go! I'll grab my bit bag.”

Minutes later the two sisters exit the boutique and head toward the market. Scootaloo is still rolling through town looking for somepony to hang out with.

“Well that was a bust. Oh well! Maybe Pinkie will want to hang out! She always makes room for others!”

With that, the little filly changes direction and scoots toward the sweet shop. Sugarcube corner.