• Published 27th May 2016
  • 1,020 Views, 15 Comments

The Mystics History - JusSonic



The story behind the Mystic Ponies is revealed.

  • ...
9
 15
 1,020

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 26: Battle of Red Cliff (I)

[Enter Three Kingdoms Theme Song]

Twilight Sparkle and her friends screamed wildly as they entered into the Book of Ages. As they landed on the ground, they came across the Ancient Land of Ma. They all entered it as they're ready to face it. They witnessed the land was in turmoil as Imperial Court argued with each other while civil war broke out between peasants, rebels, imperials, warriors, nobles, warlords, ministers and even the Emperor.

Stallion: Through the storm,
Through the darkness,
The once peaceful kingdom
Lost its Love and Harmony
Turn into grief despair

Virtue Dragon, Blade Dragoon and Warpath Temper prayed and bowed down before the altar as they make a vow of sworn brotherhood. They joined up with various brave and compassion warriors in journeying across the land to help troubled ponies.

Azure Phoenix stood on the Imperial Palace's entrance as he held his sword up high proudly as his Imperial Phoenix Army. His army cheered wildly and proudly. They all went from territory to territory for conquest and control of the land.

Claw Tiger smiled proudly as he led his Tiger Warriors to deal with rebels. As he was dying, Claw Tiger passed the sword to his eldest son, Brave Tiger. Brave Tiger led his warriors in reclaiming Wuhu River for his clan. As he died, he passed to Courage Tiger as the new Leader of Kingdom.

Stallion: The destiny is now yours
To change its course and fate.
Heaven and Earth chose you to fulfill its purpose

Virtue Dragon helped ponies as well as showing kindness and compassion. His warriors of Western Dragon Kingdom fought bravely and determinedly to defend the innocent.

Stallion: A hero with benevolent heart
Desires a land of virtue.

Azure Phoenix recruited more of warriors and strategists under his banner. He led the Imperial Phoenix Kingdom army across the land for conquest and world domination of empire.

Stallion: A hero with great ambition
Desired a land of power and talents

Courage Tiger was in great doubt and pain about his past. Nevertheless, he stood proudly on Water Tiger military naval ship, along with others. He was leading them to defend his home.

Stallion: A hero with courageous fangs
Desired a land of unity.

Three kingdoms marched into the battlefield as they all charged into it as they began battled with each other fiercely and firmly.

Stallion: Pray its Terror Ends,
Hope the Peace Returns

Twilight Sparkle and her friends witnessed the holographic form of history records about the heroes and villains from Qin Dynasty Era into the Three Kingdoms Era. They were amazed and shocked, but sometimes angered and upset while others - pained and despair.

Stallion & Chorus: Oh, Great Warriors of the Heaven
Save us from the Demon God's Hell
May you guide us to Paradise Land
Where no blood shall ever shed again

Azure Phoenix and Han Zero stood before Royal Sisters. Both sides held each other hooves for the moment before the princesses disappeared from sights, including Han Zero. Azure Phoenix slowly turned and faced his two biggest rivals - Virtue Dragon and Courage Tiger. Three Rulers held anc crossed each other's their swords up proudly. It created the magical aura forms of Greenish Dragon, Bluish Phoenix and Crimson Tiger stood up and roared wildly as the mightiest warriors in Land of Ma!

Stallion & Chorus: Whenever we're in grave danger,
You braved to bring us home
Your deeds will not be Forgotten
Your Tale becomes Legend

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Mystic History
Written by JusSonic and Power Master

--------------------------------------------

Chapter 26: Battle of Red Cliff (I)

"The site of their decisive battle, Red Cliff, was filled with Azure Phoenix's massive naval forces." Narrator narrated, "And facing them was hastily formed alliance between Virtue Dragon and Courage Tiger. As two armies prepared to engage in heated battle, neither side could know..."

After their arrival to the Red Cliff, Azure Phoenix has his army has set up and encamped on northern land before the Red Cliff. And in order to defeat his enemies, he has to make sure that all of his Imperial Phoenix Army from the North are well-trained and prepared for the naval battles, as well as finding a way to solve their conditions of seasickness and winter. He also need to understand and counterattack the alliance of Virtue Dragon's and Courage Tiger's force on both navy and strategies. He has to rely on both Admiral Cai and his Second-in-Command Vice Admiral Pitt for the next battles. He also has given the assignments to his military officers and advisors of handling the missions.

Four weeks have passed, Strikespell was looking after Fluteheart, who was still suffering from sickness and lying down on bed. Fluttershy was checking and treating the patients and even Azure Phoenix's daughter-in-law from seasickness. Admiral Cai and Vice Admiral Pitt began training both Imperial Phoenix and Jing Province's Army on navy. Bladestrike, Blazefist and Silverstream were working together with the admirals from handling with the naval training and atmosphere. Since Silverstream has good experience with swimming and lived under sea for whole life, she trained and taught the soldiers about swimming and diving, and also avoiding using her Pearl of Transformation and kept it close to her, making sure nopony tried to use it to turn the army into Seaponies for advantages. Snaptrap was observing and analyzing both surroundings and landscape for planning his strategies and setting traps, as well as understanding and anticipating the enemies' thoughts. Woren Alert was researching on Silverstream's Jewel of Transformation for turning the tide for their side. Navy Arrow, Clawdestroyer and Gallus were patrolling on the camp, making sure that no enemies tried to sneak in and attack them. Axen and Laxtinct disciplined and trained their armies for sharpening their skills and prepared for everything.

Bullhound was guarding and protecting the main camp, where Azure Phoenix was residing. He was looking through some books and documents of Jing Province and Wuhu River, and even Tiger Clan. He wanted to know more about his enemies. Nyx and Spike were still inside the cage as he refused to let them out because he believed they possessed some vital information that can help him win since Twilight refused to fight and kill her friends. Both children looked bored and annoyed as they have got nothing to do.

Nyx groaned, "I'm so bored. Can't you let us out?"

"Yeah. I can do something for you," Spike said slyly with a fake smile, "I mean. The Prime Minister will be very busy with his own works, and will be forgetting about his own meal, drink and other important matters. I know it well because I served Princess Twilight as her assistant. She got that same problem as yours well."

"If you think your childish acts is gonna fool me, stop wasting time," Azure Phoenix said firmly and dryly as he finished up writing down on his document. He sighed as he took another document bamboo scroll to write another one down. Spike and Nyx groaned in annoyance as their plan has failed. He continued, "If you want to be useful, then do something talented as your mother has. I know Twilight possessed of not intelligence and reading books, she must have something else she can do like magic, entertainment, singing and dancing. Hopefully, some good poetry."

Nyx sighed in annoyance, "If you insist me singing. Don't say I didn't warn you."

Nyx: It’s a small world after all…

"Aieyah! That's the most ridiculous song I ever heard in my life!" Azure Phoenix exclaimed in annoyance.

"Hey! I warned you that I'm terrible singer," Nyx teased playfully.

Azure Phoenix sighed, "I didn't know that Twilight has a terrible joke. Because if she does have one, I would have severed her head." Nyx and Spike yelped in concern and fear while quivered. He scoffed, "That was a joke, genius. Can't you tell it?"

"Well, when you're working for the most evil villain in history if that's what you mean," Spike said in annoyance.

"Childish mind as usual. Call me what you want, I did what I must to bring new order to the empire." Azure Phoenix said firmly and calmly, "Peace will be restored to the land. Law must be enforced. Discipline and responsibilities must be maintained. And above all, ponies must follow the principles and use their talents and abilities to make the batter world."

Nyx sighed, "Keep telling yourself, Evil Cao Cao."

"Who's Cow Cow?" Spike asked.

"It's Ts'ao Ts'ao, Spike!" Nyx corrected firmly.

"Enough with it. I've got a poem song for you to sing," Azure Phoenix said firmly and calmly. He passed the piece of paper to Nyx. He continued, "Sing it with pride and humble. You will like it."

Nyx read the poem carefully. She then whistled, "Wow. That is good."

"What is it?!" Spike asked in concern.

"Sing it," Azure Phoenix said firmly.

Nyx sighed as she began singing out the poetry song:

"Day and Night I travel, Long and Short Life I wonder?
The Time is Unknown, Cherish All the Moments.
Never be Worried, Have a Melancholy Heart.
Misery are Dark Times, Wash Them with Pure Light.

Gifted by Talents, Chosen by Power
Journey till its End, From Small to Big
Rise from the Ashes, Or be the Fallen One!
Friends or Foes, the All will be Welcomed!

In the Darkest of Night, Shines the Brightest Moon
Your Prowess and Wisdom, Rise the Fallen Kingdom
Down the Unknown Road, Comes with One Purpose
Reunite with a Friend, Shared the Stories of Past.

The Distance We Vision, Go to the Path Together.
Long Journey We Go, Till the Destiny Realized?
No mountain too steep, No Ocean too Deep.
The Phoenix shall Rise, Light its Darkest Hour"

Azure Phoenix sighed, "Perfect... Truly Perfect..." He smiled, "Do you know what does song is about? The Phoenix's Journey... This will inspire the army to strengthened their morale and powers to fight back."

Nyx gasped, "Azure Phoenix's greatest and unforgotten poetry song before the Battle of Red Cliff..."

"Let me guess. It's all about you" Spike asked in annoyance. He scoffed, "Can't say I'm that surprised."

"No... It's my encounter with bright and talented officers," Azure Phoenix said calmly and firmly. He scoffed a bit, "You think of me as a villain if you wanted. I seek power to bring order, nothing more and nothing less."

"Yeah. Keep telling yourself..." Spike said in annoyance.

"Excuse me, my lord," Snaptrap's voice called as both him and Woren entered the main camp. They both bowed humbly before their lord. He spoke, "That was nice poetry you make, my lord. That was intriguing."

Azure Phoenix cleared his throat, "What is it, Snaptrap? What is the progress?"

"Admiral Cai and Vice Admiral Pitt have made excellent progress on naval training. Bladestrike and Blazefist have made impressive skills in commanding their soldiers on handling the battleships. Nay Arrow and Clawdestroyer have secured and make the blockade on our naval camp's entrance point. No one gets in and gets out." Snaptrap reported, "And most important of all, we make the escape route that only the members know about it."

"Good..." Azure Phoenix said calmly.

Woren sighed, "We have bad news too. Although Silverstream made progress with our soldiers' swimming ability, she made no progress of her great ability."

"And?" Azure Phoenix said firmly.

"I'm still unable to create the special jewel," Woren reported in disappointment, "Unless I have her jewel's sample, we would not able to create the army of Imperial Phoenix Seaponies."

"Seaponies?!" Spike asked in concern. Azure Phoenix turned and glared at him. He laughed uneasily, "I mean what's Seaponies?"

Nyx nodded fearfully, "Yeah. Why would you think Silverstream turn into whatever the Seapony is?"

"I know you know what I want," Azure Phoenix said firmly, scaring Spike and Nyx. He continued, "I will have that information to turn the tide for my favors. One way or another. I will end the war by any means of necessary, even if it means I have to break you two."

Spike and Nyx looked scared and worried, with the widened eyes of shock. Spike gulped, "I think I just peed."

Nyx groaned in disgust, "Spike! TMI!"

"REPORT!" The Imperial Phoenix Scout exclaimed in fear as he arrived and entered the camp. He bowed down and reported, "My lord! Enemy ships are on sights! They're attacking our camp now! They're led by Riverstrike, Apollo Python, Anchor, Hammerrod, Pirate Scythe, Tigress, Aquastroke, Blade Dragoon, Warpath Tempest, Dragonspear and Saber Dragoon!"

Azure Phoenix stood up and ordered, "Pass my order! Engage the enemies now!"

"My lord, I have the plan to halt the enemy's advance," Snaptrap said firmly.

--------------------------------------------

The Alliance of Virtue Dragon and Courage Tiger have sent their officers and army to northern part of Red Cliff river. They have to attack and destroy some ships before they could launched the invasion. Since their enemies are still training, they have the chance to defeat the Imperial Phoenix Army for good. Riverstrike and Blade Dragoon were leading their naval forces of ten battleships, along with some officers, Ben's Team and Rainbow's Team. Riverstrike, Apollo and Anchor were on the large ship. Hammerrod was on the second. Pirate Scythe handled the scout ship. Blade Dragoon, Warpath and Dragonspear rode their own boat, along with Hook and Bullock. Tigress Saber, Aqua, Ben's and Rainbow's Team have the medium ship sized.

"It's brilliant idea, Grand Commander. Attacking the enemies when they're still training and weak points," Apollo said proudly, "And to think that I was jealous of you."

Riverstrike looked surprise and amused, "Jealous? You?"

"Yes. I have seen and fought lots and lots of battles especially serving three generations," Apollo said calmly, "And to think that Lord Courage chose you, instead of me, makes me think that I'm obsolete and useless."

"There's a reason why he make you second-in-command because you won't get hurt and gave me some effective advice on the battlefield. Who knows? You might retired soon. You will pass your knowledge and experience to generations like me and young recruits. And also, you're never be obsolete and useless to our proud clan. Your wisdom and experience will help us through this."

"Oh... I see. Thank you, Riverstrike. I can see why our two lords trusted you a lot. I'm honored to work with you."

Anchor laughed, "You worried too much, Apollo. Just enjoy it while it lasts."

Apollo smiled, "Yes. You're right. I'm worried for nothing."

Pirate Scythe shouted to Hammerrod, "Hey, Hammerhead! Just make sure that you stay out of my way! Don't try to take my fun!"

Hammerrod groaned, "Focus on the mission, Scythe! We can't afford to get distracted from our mission!"

"You're no fund, you know?"

"I did what I must. Since the death of Brave Tiger, I'd never get the chance to repaid the debt to him. All I can do is to protect my home and my lord's brother, no matter the cost."

"Wow! Sounds like a true warrior! Nice!"

On Virtue Dragon's Battleship, Warpath groaned in annoyance while looking at the river, "I hate naval battles. It makes me sick."

"I told you this would be problem for you, Master Warpath," Dragonspear said firmly, "You should have stayed back and protect our lord."

"Not a chance," Warpath grumbled in annoyance, "I'm not quitting because you said so. Warpath never quits from the fight."

"Don't try to spit on us when we're on battles," Blade Dragoon said firmly.

On Saber and Aqua's side, Saber was looking around of his surroundings especially riding the ship. Aqua was helping and teaching him of how to ride the ship, along with Tigress to help. Ben's Team and Rainbow's Team consisted of Ben, Rainbow, Sunset, Applejack, Smolder, Yona and Carrie were there as well, though the yak looked very sick, every time the boat rocked and shaken too many times.

Yona groaned sickly, "Yona don't feel so good."

“I know, this is why Dragons aren’t much good with sailing.” Smolder groans, trying to keep from puking.

“Just keep it in, it will be all right.” Carrie said to her friends calmly.

"Hey, Saber. How are you doing with your sailing?" Ben asked.

Saber hissed as he was trying to hold tight on the sailing sheet, "Wasn't very easy as I thought." He turned and looked at Aqua, "How on earth can you handle with it?"

"Well, practice makes perfect, buddy," Aqua said firmly. She helped and held the sailing ropes that Saber was holding. He looked surprise while blushed in red. She continued, "And besides, you're doing it wrong too."

"Uh..." Saber cleared his throat, "Right... My bad..."

Tigress whistled, "Didn't know that my little sister got a crush on him."

"I wouldn't be too sure that he'd be the guy," Rainbow commented.

“Right, he’s too much of a dork.” Applejack remarks in agreement with her friend. She and the present ones know that it’s Blazefist and Aqua who are meant to be.

Carrie giggled a bit, "You know. Those two reminds me of the show I watched. They're kinda like Kim and Ron."

“Carrie, you’re a dork.” Smolder remarks dryly to Carrie. “And got no sense of history when it comes to Aqua and her future husband….”

The Alliance Battleships arrived at the destination. While sailing and passing by the hallways of shops, they looked around and found empty battleships, and no signs of enemy troops or officers. This has made the team uneasy and worried about the situation.

Yona groaned, "Where Bad Blue Ponies go?"

“Do we really want to know?” Ben ask Yona in concern, looking around. He got a bad feeling about this.

"I've got a bad feeling about it..." Saber said in concern.

Aqua nodded, "Yeah. I smell rat around here."

"Oh yeah, kids?" Pirate Scythe asked amusingly as he prepared his twin daggers, "My guts' telling me this is a trap!"

As expected, the horn and battle drum have sounded, alerting the Alliance. They looked around while readied to fight back. They found more Imperial Phoenix Soldiers coming out from their hidings. They all armed and readied with their swords, spears, shields, bows and arrows. They aimed their weapons at the Alliance. They were led by Admiral Cai, Vice Admiral Pitt, Bladestrike, Blazefist, Navy Arrow, Clawdestroyer, and two familiar friends.

"How perspective..." Admiral Cai remarked amusingly, "Pity that you will not escape easily. Prepare to die. Take them down!"

Bladestrike nodded, "Engage!"

Riverstrike gasped, "Everyone, prepare for battle! Fight them back!"

Admiral Cai signaled the Imperial Phoenix Battleships to charged and engaged the enemies at once. The Alliance retaliated and fight back at once. Pirate Scythe easily and quickly strike them down one-by-one. And at the same time, he also fight with Bladestrike, who fought back against him firmly and determinedly. Navy Arrow led the archers in firing the arrows on the Alliance. Hammerrod deflected the attacks while defend their allies. Riverstrike, Apollo, Anchor, Blade Dragoon, Warpath and Dragonspear fought back and engaged the enemies at once while defending their soldiers.

Blazefist and his team of Gallus and Silverstream jumped and attacked Tigress's team.

"Blazefist," Saber and Aqua said firmly.

"Well, two of my favorites," Blazefist said bluntly and firmly, "What a coincidence."

“You know, your mouth is like a cannon.” Aqua remarks dryly, making Blazefist puzzled. “It never knows when to shut up!”

“I will make you pay for that!”

"Where's Twilight?!" Ben demanded.

Blazefist smirked firmly, "Far away from your reach, kiddo. You'll never see her again. And also, I deliver message from my lord. 'He knows who your mother, and said you're nothing but illegitimate son to your mother'."

Ben groaned, "No one... Calls Me... That!"

Tigress gasped, "Ben, don't!"

Ben armed with Master Sword as he charged and swung at Blazefist, who dodged and evaded the attacks for five times. The Lieutenant swung the kick at Ben's gut before thrown him at Yona. Both of them dropped into the river. Blazefist armed with his Falcon Spear and readied to fight.

"BEN!" Tigress's Team

"Who's Next?" Blazefist asked amusingly.

Rainbow groaned, "You're gonna be sorry for that!"

Applejack nodded, "And we've got message to your boss - Kick Your Ass!"

Rainbow and Applejack charged at Blazefist, who easily dodged and evaded the attacks before his Falcon Spear at them. Three of them fought and battled firmly and determinedly. Carrie and Smolder quickly helped and get Ben and Yona out of the river. Blazefist dodged and evaded the attacks for few times before punched and kicked both Applejack and Rainbow, who struggled to fight back for few times. Applejack swung her Mind Whiplash at Blazefist's hoof, which gave him to pull her towards him and punch her face. Rainbow screamed as she flew and pierce her spear at him. He barely moved and dodged the attacks before kicking her by guts and thrown straight at Applejack and the rest of their friends into river again.

Blazefist turned and glared at his enemies, "Who's next?"

"Buddy, I've been waiting to kick your ass," Aqua said amusingly.

Saber nodded, "Oh yeah. Rematch time!"

Aqua and Saber charged and engaged with Blazefist, who easily and quickly deflect and dodged the attacks while striking back at him for few times. Tigress quickly sneaked and passed them by. She quickly helped and get Ben and his friends out of the river.

The Alliance and Imperial Phoenix Soldiers continued battling with each other firmly and determinedly for few times. Admiral Cai armed with his fire arrow as he aimed it at Riverstrike. And just before he could fire it, Hammerrod armed and thrown the giant rod right at him, causing him to misfire and hit the his battleship's oil barrel. It got thrown and dropped on Tigress's ship.

"Oh no!" Tigress gasped, "Everyone, out of the boat now!"

And just anyone could do anything, the boat exploded, causing the group yelped in pain and shock while dropped into the river. The Alliance and Imperial Phoenix Army noticed their allies dropped into the river.

"Damn it! Cease firing! Fall back now!" Riverstrike ordered firmly.

"Are you kidding me?!" Pirate Scythe asked in annoyance.

"No! We have to find our friends now!" Dragonspear said firmly, "And besides, we caught unprepared for the attack."

Blade Dragoon nodded, "Agreed. Pull back now!"

The Alliance Officers and Soldiers quickly disengaged from fighting with the Imperial Phoenix Soldiers. They quickly make the escape at once. Imperial Phoenix Soldiers continued firing their arrows on them. The Alliance has managed to escape, though they suffered some losses.

"Leave them be, We must find Blazefist," Bladestrike said firmly.

Navy Arrow nodded, "Yeah. The next time they tried to be funny, we'll do something bad to them."

Spotted Gallus on the river, Bladestrike dived down into the river and got the Griffon on his back. He spoke, "You're okay?"

"Yeah. Thanks," Gallus coughed a bit.

"Where're Silverstream and Blazedist?"

"I... I don't know. Sorry, sir."

"We will find them."

--------------------------------------------

After escaping the enemies, The Alliance searched around the large river for their friends. And so far, they have found and rescued Tigress, Applejack, Yona and Smolder. They brought their friends up on the boat.

Tigress coughed a bit, "What happen? Where's Ben, Rainbow, Aqua and Carrie?!"

"Aww, man! They must've fallen out of the boat and went missing!" Smolder groans as she notices no sign of her missing friends.

"Not good. The enemy could find them...or worst!"

"Anyone know where they could be at?"

Riverstrike sighed while looked around, "I wish I knew. But we will find them. Trust me, princess."

On the small island, couple of ponies were unconscious and floated towards to it. They were Blazefist, Saber, Aqua, Ben, Rainbow, Silverstream and Carrie. And unknown to the unconscious group, a small strange creature has seen everything from the darkness of bushes. He emerged and approached them. What was he? What does he want with them?

--------------------------------------------

Twilight was alone inside Jing Province's Palace. She is now reading some scrolls and books as she is not allowed to send messages to her friends, Nyx and Spike. All she can do is wait and hope that they survived and stayed alive as well.

Suddenly, the door was opened. She turned and found Ratio and Anger entering the room. They even brought some bowls of noodles.

Twilight sighed, "I'm not in mood to talk with you. I'm not even hungry." Of course then her stomach growl. She has sweatdropped on her forehead. "Terrific..."

"Keep lying yo yourself again. If I were you, I take care of myself to help my friends." Ratio points out to Twilight with a shrug. The Alicorn won't do much to help her friends if she can't eat.

Anger scoffed, "If they were a bit smarter..."

"They make their choice to resist and fight off Azure Phoenix, and I made mine. The decision I really regret with..." Twilight begins to spoke sternly to the two. She isn't about to give up just yet!

Ratio scoffed, "You think our lord would break the promise. He only said that to make you and your friends determined to get the job done, even if it means it hurt you a lot."

"Ha! Azure is a liar and a barbarian! I don't see why I even look up to him because of all the horsecrap he's doing!"

"You think my cousin wanted this? You think Azure Phoenix liked killing the innocents for his ambition?! You think the generals enjoy it so much?!" Anger snarls as he grabbed and held Twilight. "Oracle! You have no idea what the hell he's been through or why we did it!"

Ratio yelped, “Anger! Put her down! We need her alive!"

Twilight groaned, "If you want to finish me off, why don't you do it? Otherwise, I can escape!"

Anger groaned as he threw her down, "Don't tempt me, kid. I know when to kill and not to."

Twilight scoffed, "Say to a guy eat his own eye." She muttered, still disgusted by that detail. "That was disgusting."

Anger scoffed, "Say what you want about me, Twilight. But no one insults my cousin. Whether you understand it or not. We did what we have to do to bring peace to the world! You don't know what its like to be pressured and taken extreme measures to achieve you , even if it means you have to hurt your own friends and family to get it done! He took the blame, so his officers won't be punished for his sins!"

Twilight was in shock and surprised as she recalled of what she did. She tricked her friends to stall Queen Novo, so she can steal and get the Pearl of Transformation as her last resort to save her home. She hurt her friends, but she did to save their home. She regret that decision.

Twilight sighed, "We could have done something better, instead of killing them."

"And you think Virtue would easily give up and submit? I don't think so." Anger scoffs off Twilight's claim. If Virtue had given up and submit, they wouldn't have to resort to just brutality.

Ratio nodded as hea adds, "He is right, Oracle. Virtue is a fool and refused to admit his defeat. Had he, we wouldn't have to go through this massacre..."

"That doesn't excuse of what you have done now..." Twilight points out sternly.

Anger grunts a bit in admittal, "I know..."

"Well, either way, we should have meal now. I'm hungry." Ratio said with a nod. Time to get to eat while the food's hot.

Twilight sighed, "Fine..." Twilight, Ratio and Anger sat down and ate their own lunches. "You know. I have the hard time to believe you're not the type of pony, who would serve Azure Phoenix?"

"What makes you said that?"

"Call it a hunch?"

"Quite impressive," Ratio answers, impressed. It looks like Twilight got him downpat. "Yes. It is true. I served Azure Phoenix because I believed that he will bring peace and order to dynasty. I have confidence that he will relinquish and return the authority and power to the Emperor as soon as we unified the land."

"So, you used him?" Anger asks Ratio, a bit annoyed by that confession. To him, Ratio is indeed using his cousin for his own ends.

"Call what you want. I only served the only warlord that bring peace to our land."

"Fine. But if you betray our lord, I won't hesitate to kill you off."

"Wouldn't dream of," Ratio remarks with a sly grin. As he eats some more, the pony turns his attention back to the "Oracle", "So, Twilight, would you like to tell us that we will win the Battle of Red Cliff?"

"I would. But Lord Azure won't listen to me." Twilight said dryly. To her, why even bother? He has stopped listening to her long ago anyhow!

"He will. Our lord will listen to reason and advice when it comes to battlefield. I'll make sure of it."

"Fine. Make sure he follows and promised that my friends are not to be killed."

"You have my word." Ratio said in assuration. Of course, he is not sure that Azure will do the same thing of keeping his word.

Anger sighed, "I've got a bad feeling about it."

--------

At the small yet unknown island, seven survivors were still unconscious while lying down on the beach. They all groaned and moaned painfully as they slowly got up.

Saber grunted, "Everyone alright?"

"Fine, very fine; my head is on fire, but I feel fine. Have you seen my bike?" Ben mumbles, making Saber look at him oddly. "Sorry, saw that from a movie. I'm sure you've heard of it."

"No, no I haven't."

"Right, I'm fine too." Rainbow sighs as she shakes off the sand off her fur. "Man, I haven't been through something like that since the Storm King incident."

"Aqua; Blazefist,” Applejack asks the two, causing Aqua who recovers to finally see someone who will one day be her future husband.

Aqua gasped, "What the?! You; What the hell are you doing here?!"

Blazefist hissed, "I wonder the same thing." He tried to stand. He grunted in pain, feeling his left wing sprained. "Damn it."

Ben smirked as he jokes, "Looks like you're grounded, buddy."

"Oh yeah! He got you good!" Rainbow chuckles a bit. Granted, it would've been wrong of her to make fun of Aqua's husband, but he isn't acting like it right now.

"Not so much of a friend now, huh?"

Blazefist scoffed, "I maybe grounded, but I'm not out of the game."

"Oh really," Rainbow ask Blazefist with a mock. "How are you going to do that when you can't fly, buddy?"

"Why don't we find out, rookies?"

Rainbow armed with her Nunchucks. She screamed and slammed her nunchucks at Blazefist, who quickly and swiftly blocked and deflected the attacks for few times. And just before he could do anything, she rammed at him hard. He got whacked and kicked thrice by Rainbow. Blazefist slammed on the ground hard.

Rainbow approached to Blazefist as she was about to tied him up. But instead, they got tripped by him. He then punched and injured their left hooves. He got up while armed with his Falcon Spear.

Saber and Aqua armed with their Twin Dragon Sabers and Tiger Claws. They charged and engaged the duel with Blazefist, who did his best by deflecting, blocking and dodging the attacks while thrusting and striking his spear at them as fast as he can. Three of them have fierce duel for few rounds as three of them have proven strong and quick in fighting. Both of them slammed their weapons on him. He quickly blocked the attack for the moment. But at the same time, they have their left hooves with weapons to strike and thrust at his guts, making him yelped in pain.

Blazefist grunted in pain as he moved back at once. He dropped on the floor hard. Saber and Aqua approached to him as they were about to apprehend him. He grabbed and thrown some sands on their eyes. He quickly kicked them off.

Blazefist grunted in pain as he slowly got up. He turned and faced Ben, who is armed with Master Sword and Shield.

"Back off now!" Blazefist exclaims angrily towards Ben who kept his stance and patience.

"Make me!" Ben snapped at Blazefist, losing his patience quickly. He may got it from his mother, but the hero got impatience from Jack Silver, his father.

"Illegitimate Son of Princess Celestia!"

"Son of bitch!"

Ben screamed in anger as he charged and swung his Master Sword at Blazefist, who blocked and evaded the attacks for few times. The young prince thrust his sword at the Imperial Phoenix Officer, who barely moved to left while grabbed the sword, which its sharp blade gave a cut on his hooves. He screamed in anger as he quickly gave some punches on Ben's face. Blazefist grabbed and thrown him at the shore's sea.

Blazefist turned and glared at Carrie, saying, "You're next." He stopped while looking the girl up and down in bewilderment, "What are you; A monkey?!"

"What? I am Carrie Barbara Anderson, niece of Megan Williams Richards, the Mag'ne who helped the ponies of Ponyland and is a guardian of Princesses Celestia and Luna." Carrie said to Blazefist seriously. "So you better show some respect and back down!"

" Whatever; I doubt you can take me down. So give up before I could-!"

POW! Blazefist yelped in pain as he fell on the ground hard. Silverstream held the broken piece of glassed bottle. She was the one who used and struck the bottle on his head.

Silverstream tosses the bottle away, giving a sheepish grin as she explains, "Sorry. He tends to get hotheaded."

"Aw, geez. I was going to take him." Carrie spoke with a pouty look on her face. She wanted to at least prove that she herself can take this guy in light of his experience and actions.

"Carrie, trust me. There's a difference between experience and plain foolishness." Ben explains calmly to the human student as he patted her on the back. The girl just gave him a skeptic look. "Well, okay, there's what I did, but he caught me off guard!"

Applejack scoffed, "Let's tied him up before he fights back."

----------

Blazefist groaned as he slowly regained his consciousness. He found himself tied up. He looked up and found the group stood before him.

"Traitor; Silverstream," Blazefist screams out in anger and fury. It didn't take him long to figure out who ambushed him and helped his enemies tied him up. And he isn't pleased. The pony should've killed that Hippogriff when he had the chance!

Silverstream held her claws up, trying to calm the future Mystic Pony as she explains, "Wow! Easy, Lieutenant! I wasn't trying to kill you or anything. I was stopping you from being a killer."

Blazefist scoffed, "Well, you've got something funny to show. What are you gonna do now? Interrogate me? Torture me? Kill me?"

"Hey, whoa, whoa! We may done been on 'de wrong side but we ain't no killers!" Applejack protests to Blazefist in concern.

"Right, we aren't like your pals or your boss Azure Phoenix." Rainbow explains in agreement with her friend. "Okay, we may have been thinking of doing it but we are no killers!"

Ben held his Master Sword at Blazefist's throat, demanding, " Where is she?! Where's Twilight?!"

"If you're gonna kill me, do it, pirate!" Blazefist remarks rudely to Ben, catching him off guard.

"Okay, start talking. How did you even know about my connection to my mother? Or my father? What are you up to?"

"How we know? It's obviously, isn't it?"

"Azure and his armies somehow got the information from Starlight and Sunset while they were guests to the Imperial Phoenix Army, getting it from their minds during the time of the Devil Destroyer." Carrie explains calmly. Blazefist looks surprised as the others look at her in amazement. "Come on, I heard of it while we were here, and knowing Azure now, I just put two and two together."

"Yeah....yeah they did." Blazefist said with a calm nod, while recovering from the fact that Carrie figured it out.

"You are definitely Megan's niece all right." Rainbow chuckles as she hugs Carrie, putting her in a noogie which made her giggled.

"Thanks, I try." Carrie said happily as Rainbow releases her.

"So? Are you gonna kill me or what?" Blazefist demanded more than he asked. They got him captured, may as well get it over with!

Ben snaps furiously to Blazefist, "Don't tempt me!" This jerk has already gotten on his nerves so far today, don't

"Whoa, whoa, Ben! Don't kill him!" Applejack exclaims in alarm, holding Ben back before he does something rash.

"Let him live!" Silverstream screeches in worry and agreement.

"One good reason...” Ben demands more than he asked.

"Because you are not a murderer; what would your mother say if she were to see you right now?" Carrie points out to Ben, making him silent. "Or even Twilight and Nyx; or the rest of your friends and family, as well as us? They wouldn't see you as the nice stallion you are now."

"Well, you're right. It would make me look bad...."

Blazefist scoffed, "What's the matter? Are you a coward like your father?"

"What?! What did you say?!" Ben snapped furiously, much to the others' worry. Carrie was close to calming Ben down fully, now Blazefist has to go and ruin it!

"Do you know why everyone thinks you as illegitimate son? Because you will never, ever and ever fit in royalty. You're just an outcast and outsider. You'd never belong to royalty. Nothing but a little cry baby."

Ben screamed in anger as he slammed his Master Sword at Blazefist's face but stopped by Silverstream, Aqua and Saber.

"Let me at him! Let me at him! Let me at him!" Ben screams out in fury and anger. He wants so much to beat Blazefist up big time.

"Ben, no; He's trying to rile you up." Saber said sternly to the hero.

"Right; don't let the ass bully you around!" Aqua exclaims in agreement. "He isn't worth it! Remember what the human said!"

"Yes, please?" Silverstream spoke out in worry. Ben looks at her and the others, seeing how worry they are.

Ben sighed as he lowered his sword down. Blazefist laughed amusingly, "I knew it. Like I said! Illegitimate Son of Princess Celestia! Always a coward! Not a great warrior as my lord!"

Silverstream sighed, "Do you have to be a bully, Mr. Blazefist? At least-!"

"I... Am... Not.... Him! I'd never become him! If you think you won this fight, think again! I will never surrender to you! I won't give you the information! I fight for Lord Azure! You will never break me!"

Silverstream sighed, "Oh Blazefist..."

Ben groaned, "Man, this is a waste of time!"

Rainbow sighed, "Well, let's figure a way to get help here now. So, help me out."

"But somepony gotta watch over him." Aqua spoke out, giving a concern yet suspicious look towards Blazefist. He may escape or try a trick in doing so!

"I will." Silverstream volunteered. She is under Blazefist's command so may as well be the one to keep an eye on him.

"You sure you want to do that?" Applejack ask Silverstream in worry. "He doesn't like Hippogriffs and who knows what he will do?"

"I'll be fine. Besides, if he wants to kill me before, he would have done so." Silverstream explains as she hugged Blazefist happily, "After all, he and I are buddies."

"Is she always like this?" Blazefist spoke to the others in bewilderment. What kind of Hippogriff acts buddy buddy with the prisoner?

"Eh, you got no idea." Carrie admits with a shrug. "But as long as you aren't a creep...."

"Like you are now." Aqua remarks dryly towards Blazefist of course.

"....and a good true friend, she is very friendly."

"Come on. Let's figure a way to get someone notice us." Saber suggests, preparing to find a way to get some help to get off this island.

"So how can we do that?" Ben asks Saber, getting his attention off of Blazefist for now.

"Make a signal, fly around? You come up with some ideas, my friends."

"Right, right."

The others head off, looking for a way to get the attention of their friends to find and rescue them. Silverstream meanwhile hums as she stays behind to keep an eye on the disbelief Blazefist.

Why must his day get so terrible by the second?

-------------

After escaping alive from the enemies, the Alliance of Virtue Dragon and Courage Tiger were sailing across the sea as they were searching and looking around for their friends. But so far, they found nothing.

Riverstrike turns to two of his allies as he spoke, "Apollo. Anchor. Have you found them?"

Apollo sighed, "No, Grand Commander. No sign of them."

Anchor groaned, "Where could they be? I hope Young Lady is alright."

"Anchor, don't worry. She got Coach Rainbow with her. Whatever that word means," Tigress assures her friends that as long as Rainbow is with Aqua, nothing bad can truly happen to her.

"Do not forget about Lord Saber. He is with them as well." Dragonspear added in, reminding that Saber is with the group as well.

Blade Dragoon nodded, saying, "Indeed. That young warrior is strong and brave. He will protect her."

Warpath scoffed "Not strong enough if you ask me." Everyone glared at him. "I mean he'll be fine."

"Warpath; you are not fooling anypony." Tigress remarks dryly to him.

"Who said I was trying?"

-------------------------------------------

Bladestrike, Navy Arrow, Clawdestroyer and even Gallus also searched for Blazefist and Silverstream as well. Like the Alliance, they couldn't find them as well.

Navy Arrow grunted sickly, "Man... I think I'm gonna be sick..."

Clawdestroyer quickly jumps away, scowling in disgust, "Please, don't thrown on me!"

"Silverstream! Silverstream! Silverstream!" Gallus calls out frantically to his gir....I mean, just friend!

Clawdestroyer grabbed and pulled Gallus down, snapping furiously, "Are you mad?! Are you trying to get us killed?!"

"What! I'm trying to find our friends?! Don't you?!"

"Of course, we do! But not like this, boy! If you shout, we'll be dead. If we do, no one can save them."

Bladestrike nodded as he agrees, "Indeed. Let's search quietly. None of us are still good at navy..."

Gallus groaned, "I hate it when he's right." He sighed in sadness and worry, "Silverstream, please be alright."

Navy Arrow gave out a smirk as he chuckles, " Wow. You and girl got really hooked up, don't you?"

"Yeah."

Navy Arrow whistled, "Two little birdies fallen for each other." With a laugh, he added in a singsong, "This means something."

It didn't take long for Gallus to figure out what he's suggesting. With a blush that he's trying to so much to hide enough, the griffin protested, "What?! She's not my girlfriend."

Navy Arrow joked, "Oh! And Clawdestroyer is your grandfather." Despite the annoyed look from the pony in question, he laughed happily, "I always like to crack it up."

"Does he always like to joke?"

Clawdestroyer sighs in irritation, "He's being optimistic."

Bladestrike chuckles, "Indeed. General Arrow did his best to lift our spirit to find your girlfriend."

"Yeah, I guess." Gallus answers. He then blushed in realization, "Hey! She's not my girlfriend!"

-----------------------

Ben and his friends have tried many ways to find and get their friends to find and rescue them via using the branches in words - 'Help' and swinging their flags. And at the same time, Silverstream was keeping an eye on Blazefist, who hasn't made his muscle a move or spoken anything.

In the late evening; Saber, Ben and Carrie went out to find and gathered some foods and supplies. Aqua and Rainbow set up the camp while Silverstream watched over Blazefist, and so far he hasn't make a move.

After an hour has passed, Saber and his team have returned with more food. Saber then cooked up the food and prepared dinner for his friends. After cooking, they all chatted and ate their dinner happily and calmly. Silverstream also joined in as well. They all enjoyed it very much while Blazefist remained silent and firm, despite he's very hungry and thirsty.

Silverstream turned and noticed Blazefist was hungry and thirsty. She brought some food and drinks to him. She smiled happily while looking at him.

Blazefist sighed, "What do you want?"

"Feeding you, duh," Silverstream giggled playfully. This may him look puzzled and disbelief.

"Seriously?"

"Serious as Aunt Queen Novo! Here! This is a delicious banana! I loved banana! Do you know why?"

Blazefist annoyed yet uncertain respond, "Why?"

Silverstream grins, answering, "They're the best and delicious food I ever taste! I love it!"

Blazefist sighed, "Fine..." Better than being hungry, one can guess. He ate some bananas. He munched and muttered, "Thanks, kid..."

Silverstream squealed happily as she hugged Blazefist, "You're welcome, Lieutenant!"

Blazefist noticed some ponies gathered around him, he groans, "Are you serious? Is this a joke?"

"Nope. It's called kindness. I'm sure you know that when you looked at Starlight's and Sunset's memories." Ben explains to Blazefist with a sigh. Looks like he has calm down from the soldier bullying and insulting him before, "Just like the insults you did with me..."

"Right, back home, we do our best to treat our friends and enemies kindly." Applejack explains kindly to Blazefist.

"Unless they are real real jerks....then all bets are off." Rainbow explains with a laugh, but yelps as Applejack nudges her in annoyance. "Ouch! Applejack!"

"Come on, manners!"

Blazefist sighed, "I didn't look at the memories when they got captured and interrogated. The only ponies knew about it are my lord, Anger, Strikespell, Ratio, Snaptrap and Woren. The rest of us don't know. We just follow orders; Nothing more, nothing less."

"So wait, are you honest?" Carrie asks Blazefist with an arch of the eyebrow. "Or are you messing with us?"

" I'm telling you the truth. I know nothing about knowing your friends' memories."

"Why should we believe in you?" Rainbow ask Blazefist suspicious yet concerned.

Silverstream spoke up in Blazefist's defense, "Blazefist can be a jerk, but he's not a liar. He's really nice guy."

"Well, he's got some funny ways to show nice especially trying to kill us and some innocents." Saber remarks sternly, pointing out that Blazefist has tried to kill them and kill some innocents to boot. For a nice guy, he definitely got a "funny" way of showing it.

"You think I like it?! I didn't have the choice! If we want to bring order and peace to the land, we have to make the hardest decision to do so! Or maybe the smartest decision of all is that you hadn't drag them into your mess in the first place!" Blazefist snapped seriously. He may not like what he's doing but what other choice does he got? He's also got a point that if everyone hasn't been dragged into the heroes' mess to begin with, they would've been spared!

"Drag them?! They chose to follow us! They believed in my father! He treated them as a savior! He treated them kindly! He refused to abandon them!"

"Well, maybe you should have! The innocents would have been spared from slaughter!"

"Excuse me! They would have been subjugated!" Saber snapped sternly to Blazefist. Better be dead than under control of a tyrant!

Blazefist sighs in irritation as he continues, "That maybe. But we will treat them kindly, just like what we did with Xu Province! They weren't harmed and killed. We calmed and treated them well."

"How do I know it's the truth?!"

"Like it or not, it is!"

"Wow. You two are really rivals. Man, that was mess up." Aqua whistles in amazement as she shakes her head. No wonder Blazefist and Saber has got a lot of problems right now.

"Right, if under different circumstances, they would've been good friends." Carrie said, recalling that at least in her time, Saber and Blazefist are better allies and friends than enemies right now.

"Thankfully, we should be glad that things would turn out differently later on in life." Applejack said with a smile, knowing very well that's true.

"And less jerkish to boot."

"Whatever..." Blazefist scoffs at this. He and Saber being friends; That would be the day!

"Yeah. Whatever." Saber remarks dryly, agreeing with his enemy.

"But seriously, Blazefist. What's your problem?" Aqua spoke up with a sigh. Hearing that may Rainbow a bit amused. She recalls how Aqua would start this conversation with Blazefist this way in the present whenever he did something stupid or uncalled for in her time. "Why do you always like to pick a fight? And not to mention, I was told that you hated hippogriffs. Why?!"

"Like you ever understand; you don't even know what I've been through." Blazefist spoke dryly at this. He wouldn't think that somepony like Aqua would understand.

"Excuse me?! Don't know what you've been through?! Well, guess what?! You don't know what I have been through either, jerk!"

"Save it! You're rich and spoiled princess!"

"I was not a princess! I have lost many of my family! I've lost my parents, my real one!" Aqua spoke out angrily to Blazefist. That shuts him up, causing the enemy to listen in as she continues, "Then, I was taken in by the Tiger Clan! And then, that damn sorcerer took my father and my brother's lives! I don't give damn about money, girly stuffs or whatever! I loved my family! I'd do anything to bring them back." The future Mystic Pony sighed and cried tearfully. "But I can't. They're gone... They're gone."

"I'm sorry, Aqua. I know that feeling. I've lost my family to Cruez and his filthy monsters. I was lucky to survive for hardships. And not to mention, I was lucky that I got adopted too." Saber sighs a bit. He then glared at Blazefist before adding to him, "Why to charm the ladies, buddy."

Blazefist looked guilt and sad before sighed, "I'm sorry..."

"Yeah; you really screw this mess up."

" No... I mean I'm sorry about your loss. I know how you felt too. I've lost mine too."

"Get out of town!" Saber yells out in disbelief..

"Saber! Rude much," Aqua scowls at Saber in irritation. She turns back to Blazefist, speaking in concern, "How did you lost your family?"

Blazefist sighs as he looks down. The pony is not fond of this memory at all. Still, Blazefist looks back up as he explains, "Happens when I was a kid. The Hippogriff Bandits always came and terrorized my village while demanding the protection payment when we didn't want to. But we did to avoid troubles. And then the next day, Azure Phoenix and his soldiers came to my home. They helped our home and defended it by repelling and defeating the bandits for good. I thought it was over but instead, they came back and destroy the village including mine. I've lost everything. I've lost my family and friends. And the only family I have is my brother. We were alone and struggled to survive by stealing more foods and money for ourselves. We have no jobs until that fateful day when the Coalition were gathered to fight Cruez."

"I... I'm sorry..." Carrie said in sadness. Now she understood why Blazefist despise the Hippogriff so much. It was sad that the village thought they finally got some peace only for the enemy to come back and take that away from them...and their own lives to boot.

"Wow...I mean, wow." Rainbow said, shaking her head at this in amazement yet disbelief.

"Awww, now I see why you hate me so much!" Silverstream sobs a bit, much to Blazefist's embarrassment. "If some Hippogriffs kill my family, I would hate me too!"

"No, no, I don't hate you." Blazefist sighs a bit, but then rethink what he just said. "Okay, I admit, I am annoyed but don't hate you as much as the bandits."

"You think so?"

"I know so. Anyway, yeah; I was lucky to be alive. And not to mention, serving under Lord Azure Phoenix as his lieutenant. I made the military career in my life, along with my bro. It worth everything... "

"Yeah. I guess... But you know what?" Aqua spoke up thoughtfully. Everyone looked at her as she continues, "We share something in common."

"Yeah. I guess it is. Quite coincidence," Saber said with a thoughtful smile. They all lost someone while they're young.

Blazefist scoffed a bit, "Maybe. Lost our families, struggled to survive and then got rescued and joined the very ponies we see as family and heroes. But pity that we're on the opposites. I guess it is coincidence."

"True. And you know what else I know? You're not really jerk. Sometimes..." Aqua said, trying to drive out a little blush. Too bad the present ones notice but kept silent as they smile about it.

"Yeah; guess we wish we should have met earlier." Saber sighs a bit as he shakes his head. Maybe the three would've been better friends than enemies?

Blazefist seems to thinking the same thing as he added, "Yeah. We could have been friends or families."

Aqua giggled, "That would be hilarious."

"Well, guess it wouldn't hurt a bit to get to know each other. What else you do..." Saber remarks with a shrug. Little does he, Aqua, and Blazefist knows that that can change in many years or so!

"Wow. They look like they could be good friends." Carrie said to her group with a smile.

"Yep, Ironic that they became friends instead of nasty jerks later on in life, y'all," Applejack said in agreement.

"Kind of like us, right AJ?" Rainbow jokes as she nudges her friend in the side.

"Yep, except we don't try to kill each other."

Ben was listening in to the conversations, then sighs, "Listen, Blazefist....I did some thinking....about my mother."

"Oh horse feathers, you want to go at me again?" Blazefist ask Ben with a groan of irritation. "Or want to k...."

"No, and no. Listen, say what you may about what I am....but I am lucky. I got a wonderful nice mother like Celestia who I care about and love so much. She took care of me for years....and I got separated from her due to an event that I dare not speak about. I may not live in royalty like Azure Phoenix or a dangerous warrior....but I am a nice, brave hero who looks out for others. I loved my mother and was scared when I almost lost her few times before."

"Few times; As in death," Saber asks Ben in concern.

Ben shakes his head as he continues, "That I cannot say how. I would be scared if something else happened to her. So while she isn't dead like your families are....I came close to losing her. So I know how it feels."

"Well...." Blazefist said as he nodded in understanding. "You son of Celestia are lucky to still have someone who you care for."

Unknown to the group, a strange creature was still spying on them. It even made some funny screech and squeaky noise about them.

Ben and his surviving team are still waiting for their rescue team, but so far, nothing came. Eventually, they're falling asleep. Each of of them would be patrolling and keeping eyes out for the boat or ship, as well as taking turns after an hour or two. They're also guarding their prisoner of war, though Silverstream got it covered as she held and hugged Blazefist close to her happily. Hours and hours have passed, no rescue from either the Alliance or Imperial Phoenix have come. They're still asleep. Rainbow's taking turn now.

Rainbow yawned out loud in bore tone while looking at the sea. She even muttered and complained about not doing anything. Unknown to her or a group, a small pinkish strange rat was crawling towards her. It made some curious squeak while looking at her before it slowly approached to her. Sensing someone stalking on her, Rainbow turned back and found nothing. She was surprised and confuse before turned back. The little creature emerged out from a little rock. It has arrived and close to her. The creature hummed curiously before giggled playfully. It then pulled her tail, making yelped in surprise.

Rainbow turned to her back while readied to fight. Suddenly, she felt something poke on her back again. She turned to the front again. She hummed suspiciously yet worriedly as she scratched her mane gently. But instead, she touched something funny on her mane. She looked up and found a creature on her head. It squeaked happily while waving at her. She screamed and panicked in fear. She ran off while accidentally knocking and ramming most of her friends and even Blazefist.

"OW!" Ben exclaimed in pain, "Rainbow, what the heck was that?!"

Rainbow held and aimed Ben's eyes looking at the front, "Something's here!"

Ben and his friends looked up and found a pinkish mole rat creature, hiding behind a small rock. Blazefist, Aqua and even Saber were both shocked and surprised yet curious. Ben and his friends knew what they were.

"Is that a naked mole rat?" Carrie asked.

"Naked mole rat?" Aqua asked in surprise, "Like he doesn't have a fur or something?"

"Never heard such animal before," Blazefist said in shock.

"Yeah," Applejack said in concern. She turned and looked closely at the naked mole rat, "Wait a minute. I know that rat from somewhere."

"I think it is. It's Ace..." Ben said in surprise.

"What?" Saber asked in surprise.

Ben cleared his throat, "Nothing." He turned and looked at the naked mole rat's hiding behind the rock. He hummed, "That rat must be scared. Saber, maybe you should try and calm him down."

"Me?! Why?!" Saber asked in confusion.

Ben smirked, "You've got natural charm with animals."

"Unlikely. But will try," Saber said in annoyance. He slowly approached to the small rock, where a naked mole rat was still hiding. He shushed calmly, "Easy, little fella. I'm not gonna hurt you. Just wanna befriend." A little creature refused to come out. He sighed in annoyance, realizing that it is still scared of him. He needs some food to prove that he and his friends are not dangerous. Realizing he has some food, he took out and gave a Bamboo Bun before the little creature, "Try it. It's good."

Little creature was still doubt and reluctant as he slowly come out from the rock. It then approached to Saber, who slowly passed the Bamboo Bun to it. A naked mole rat began eating up the food. It sighed happily. It then sniffed on yellow Earth Pony's body, making sure that he's a friendly. Sensing him not to be an enemy, it jumped on top of Saber's hoof. It then nuzzled on his head.

"Wow. Quite soft, aren't you?" Saber asked in surprise. A naked mole rat nodded happily. He turned and looked at his friends, "He's harmless, guys.

“Well, duh. Fluttershy said naked mole rats are nice as long as you don’t harm them.” Carrie explains calmly to Saber.

“Well, some of the time.” Applejack remarks dryly, recalling how many times she catches Ace in the apples.

Blazefist scoffed, "Well, we're nowhere to get out of here. I doubt he's the only one here."

"Way to kill the moment," Carrie remarked dryly.

"But he's right though," Silverstream said in concern, "I don't think he's alone..."

"What's that supposed to be mean?" Applejack asked fearfully.

ROAR! Ben and his team yelped in concern and fear upon hearing that loud roar. They turned and looked at the tropical forest, where they found a group of tigers slowly emerged out from the shadows. They shocked and scared the ponies off.

Saber yelped in fear, "TIGERS! REAL LIFE TIGERS!"

“And me without my gear!” Silverstream whimpers in worry and fear.

“Too many for them to fight off.” Aqua said in worry, knowing that there’s too many tigers for the group to deal with here.

"Anyone got bright idea?" Applejack said in concern.

"One," Ben said in concern, "RUN!"

SCREAM! Ben and his team quickly make their turn and ran for their lives. The tigers roared wildly as they gave chase after the ponies. They ran as fast as they can, and even entered the tropical forest to avoid them. And at the same time, they have to avoid the danger within the jungle such as quicksand, pit, poisonous plants and mushrooms, dangerous and protective animals and so on.

As Ben and his team continued running as fast as they can, Carrie got tripped by one of tree's large root. She now got her ankle injured. She even found the tigers are coming towards her. She gasped in fear to shout and scream for help. This has caused her team to stop and found her injured on the floor.

"Carrie!" Rainbow exclaimed in concern. She shown her determined eyes, "I'm coming!"

"Coach!" Aqua protested in concern.

"Is she crazy?!" Saber asked in concern.

Rainbow charged and rammed most of tigers off. She then stood besides Carrie as she has to make sure her human student is safe from harm while dealing with hungry pack of tigers.

"That's Rainbow. She'd never left anyone behind," Applejack commented, "We'd better get back and help them now!"

"Are you nuts?! Are you trying to get yourself killed or something?!" Blazefist asked in shock. Everyone looked at him. He continued, "They're tigers. There is no way you can beat them. They're dangerous and vicious creatures!"

"Rainbow and Carrie needs us! I'm not abandoning them!" Ben exclaimed firmly.

"Then, you're a fool!" Blazefist snapped firmly.

"Maybe. Maybe not," Aqua said firmly, "You can go if you want or even escaped, but I'm not leaving my friend behind."

"Are you serious?" Saber asked in concern.

Aqua nodded firmly, "I am."

Saber groaned, "Looks like you'll need some help."

"Yeah, despite how many odds there are, we are not leaving our friends behind." Ben said in determination and bravery.

"Yeah, and Rainbow may done drive me nuts....but she's my friend, I ain't leaving her!"

"Yeah, come on, guys and girls."

Blazefist was in shock and surprised by Ben and his friends' determination to help and save their friends. They headed off and rescued Rainbow and Carrie from the tigers. Blazefist looked and noticed Silverstream looked at him.

"I'm not gonna make you do it," Silverstream said calmly, surprised Blazefist. She continued, "But if it were your friends or Laxtinct, what will you do? Run and hid, just like how we do? Or fight to save them?"

"Silverstream..." Blazefist was stunned to say.

Rainbow screamed in pain as she felt her left wing got bitten and dragged away from Carrie, who is holding her hoof tightly. Luckily, Aqua jumped and punched her hoof at the tiger, making it to back off. She armed with her Water Tiger Claws as she began clawing and attacking the tigers. Her friends also joined the fight as well. Applejack and a naked mole rat checked and treated both Carrie and Rainbow's injuries. Ben and Saber went and assisted Aqua to fight the tigers back. Despite the effort of fighting the predators back, three ponies got clawed and slashed by face and bodies from the tigers' attacks. Eventually, three ponies got pounced and thrown back to the group. All of them are badly injured and wounded. The tigers are ready to finish them off.

Suddenly, the tigers yowled in shock upon looking at something coming towards them. The ponies also noticed it. They found the rolling yet blazing logs are heading towards them. The ponies dodged down at once while the tigers turned and ran off as they were being chased off by the fiery logs. As soon as the predators left, the ponies sighed in relief. They turned and found Blazefist stood before them.

"Y-You saved us?" Aqua asked in surprise, "I thought you've left and escaped."

“See? This proves it.” Silverstream said to the others with a smile. “He is a nice guy, just got to show it.”

“Somehow I sometimes doubt it.”

Blazefist scoffed in annoyance, "Don't get use to it. Let's move out now."

Blazefist turned and headed off at once. The rest of ponies turned and looked at happy Silverstream.

“So Silverstream, what’s the deal with you being buddy-buddy with Blazefist now?” Carrie asks, arching an eyebrow at this.

“Right, doesn’t he hate Hippogriffs?” Applejack comments in agreement.

Silverstream smiled happily, "I told you before. Blazefist and I are buddies. He's not that bad at all."

“Well, all right, he’s not so bad.” Ben remarks with a shrug. ”As long as he isn’t insulting my connection to my mother.”

“Maybe after your talk with him, he can mellow out.”

"You coming?!" Blazefist demanded in annoyance.

"Going, punk!" Saber sighed, "Well, either way, let's get out of here."

“Oh, I don’t know. I like him.” Aqua remarks with a giggle, causing Saber to look at her in disbelief. “Err, not that I like LIKE him.”

“Aqua? You ain’t fooling anypony.” Applejack comments to Aqua with a knowing smile, the past one tries futilely to hide her blush.

The rest of ponies turned and headed off at once. They followed Blazefist as they all headed and exited out of tropical forest. They have arrived at the beach. And for now, the tigers didn't come and chase after them.

"Still no sign of our allies," Blazefist commented in annoyance.

"They'll be here. I know it," Ben said firmly. He turned and looked at Blazefist, "Thanks for the save."

“Right, you aren’t so bad.” Aqua said, moving her hooves in the sand secretly.

"Don't get use to it. Today, we maybe friends, but tomorrow, we'll be the enemies again," Blazefist said firmly and calmly, which annoyed the team. He sighed, "Either way, thank you for not killing me or even letting me off." He then spotted a familiar ship with the flags of Dragon and Tiger. He hummed, "It seems your allies are here. So, I'm gonna be your prisoner, am I right?"

"No. We'll let you go." Aqua said firmly.

Blazefist smiled a bit, "Thank you."

"You know. I think it would be better if you join them than Lord Azure," Silverstream said happily.

“Come on, you are better off on the right side than with him.” Rainbow said in agreement. “At least we would’ve treat you better.”

“How about it?” Carrie ask with a smile to Blazefist.

Saber groaned, "Not a chance."

"Sorry. But my duty lies on Imperial Phoenix Army. I will not break my loyalty to them and Lord Azure," Blazefist said firmly, "They're the only family I have left. I've made an oath that I will bring order to this land."

Aqua sighed, "I guess you're right. I just we're not enemies when we're on battlefield."

"But I'm not hoping," Saber said amusingly, "You and I got scores to settle!"

Blazefist scoffed, "Fine by me." He turned and looked at Silverstream, "You can leave if you wanted to."

"And let Gallus handle the big boys? Sorry, no can do," Silverstream rejected the offer. She then held and hugged Blazefist again, "Plus, we're buddies. I'm gonna make you friendly pony to Hippogriffs."

Blazefist sighed, "Terrific..." He turned and looked at his enemies, "I'll see you on next battlefield. And trust me, I will not go easy on you again..."

“Hey, no one ever say otherwise.” Ben remarked, rolling his eyes. So much for any hope for Blazefist this time around.

“Come on, let’s get out of here.” Rainbow comments with a sigh. Once Blazefist’s pals get here, there’s going to be Tartarus!

Blazefist and Silverstream headed off and hid behind the giant rocks. They witnessed Ben and his friends waved the flags and torches to the Alliance Ship to come and rescue them. Thus, they did. As soon as the Alliance Ship landed on the beach, the ponies came out and greeted their friends happily, as well as commenting to see them alright.

“Ben Valorheart and friends, you’re all right?” Warpath ask, relieved that the group are safe and sound.”

“We’re fine, just fine, did you see my bike?” Ben jokes a bit, causing those from the Alliance Ship to look at him oddly. “Yeah, you got to be there.”

“Don’t ask, please.” Carrie remarks to the rescuers with a shrug.

"Hey, what is that thing?" Tigress asked, noticing Saber's shoulder has a naked mole rat.

"Some kind of rodent or something?" Warpath asked in annoyance.

“He’s a naked mole rat, buddy. Show some respect.” Rainbow remarks to Warpath sternly.

"You're gonna keep him, aren't you?" Ben asked.

"Well, this little guy's been through enough alone in this island. I guess I will." Saber looked at his naked mole rat, who smiled happily. He continued, "You need a name. Since you're quite tricky and cunning little guy especially brave enough to accept me, I think I'll call you 'Ace'."

“Well, why am I not surprised?” Applejack whispers to the past ones, making them all laugh in amusement. They knew he would give him that name.

“They’re going to be good pals, I just know it.” Ben remarks in agreement.

Blazefist couldn't help but feel amazed and surprise to see how much the Alliance of Virtue Dragon and Courage Tiger cared for their allied soldiers. It was similar to his army, though ruthless and strict with laws and rules especially punishing the traitors and rebels, Silverstream couldn't help but watch and looked at him as she hoped that he'll abandon his hatred for Hippogriffs and became good friends.

-------------------------------------------

An hour later, thanks to Gallus's sights, Imperial Phoenix Army have rescued and taken both Blazefist and Silverstream back to the Imperial Phoenix Camp. Eventually, Admiral Cai, Blazefist and SIlverstream stood before their lord in the camp for making the report. Spike and Nyx were still in the cage as they're both worried and scared about Silverstream's using her Seapony Form.

"So, you both have managed to escape the enemies?" Azure Phoenix asked calmly, which both Blazefist and Silverstream nodded firmly and calmly. He hummed, "Anything unusual happening there? Like a pony, who possessed a fin?"

Silverstream looked scared and worried about it. Blazefist spoke, "No, sir. Nothing."

Suspecting Blazefist's know it or unaware of Silverstream's true form, Azure Phoenix sighed, "Very well, lieutenant. Take two days off. You'll need good rest if we want to attack the Red Cliff. And make sure Silverstream do her job. I see great potential in her especially swimming under the sea, even to the depth."

Silverstream gulped, "Just loving swimming. That's all, sir."

Blazefist bowed humbly, "Yes, my lord."

"Admiral Cai, double your effort to train our marines," Azure Phoenix ordered firmly, "We cannot afford to let our enemies be victorious. I want my marines to be strong and effective during the naval battle."

Admiral Cai nodded, "It will be done, my lord."

"Master Ratio has arrived!" The announcer reported.

Azure Phoenix and his allies turned and looked at the entrance, where Master Ratio entered the scene. He bowed humbly in respect to his lord.

"Rise, my friend," Azure Phoenix said firmly and calmly. Master Ratio stood up. He asked, "What is it?"

"I wish our conversation private," Master Ratio requested. Azure Phoenix nodded firmly. He gestured both his soldiers and officers to leave. With them gone, he approached and passed the scroll to his lord. He continued, "My lord, despite her reluctance and stubbornness to obey you, she's willing to give you the advice as long you honored her promise."

"I see. You convinced her?"

"Yes, my lord. This scroll she wrote contains some value strategic points that will help us win the battle, as well as preventing heavy casualties and delays."

Azure Phoenix opened the scroll as he read it carefully. He looked suspiciously yet concern and uneasy. He turned and looked at Master Ration, "Are you certain this will help me win?"

"I am. You have my word. I trust her," Master Ratio said firmly, "She did come from the distant timeline, meaning she read our history. We must tread it carefully. One wrong move could be the end of our live. I implore you to follow her advice. Master Schemetrick would have wanted you to do so."

Schemetrick was his only strategist that helped him earn many victories. Since his death, Azure Phoenix must rely on Twilight since she knows the history and helped him to win many battles as well. Azure Phoenix sighed, "Very well, I shall follow it. I only pray that she doesn't trick me to save her friends."

"Even she wanted to, my lord, she doesn't possessed the means of deception and betrayal after her failed attempts," Master Ratio said confidently.

Spike gulped, "I've got a bad feeling about it."

"This may not goes well..." Nyx said in concern.

END...

Review and Suggest...

Author's Note:

Main Casts:
Jason Marsden: Ben Valorheart
Ashleigh Ball: Applejack, Rainbow Dash
Emily Bauer: Carrie Anderson
Lauren Jackson: Silverstream
Josh Keaton: Blazefist, Imperial Phoenix Announcer
Christy Carlson Romano: Aquastroke
Will Friedle: Saber Dragoon, Imperial Phoenix Scout
Michael McConnohie: Narrator

Minor Casts:
Douglas Rye: Azure Phoenix
Daveigh Chase: Nyx
Cathy Weseluck: Spike
Gavin Langelo: Gallus
Roger Craig Smith: Bladestrike
Eric Bauza: Clawdestroyer
Tony Oliver: Navy Arrow
Vic Mignoga: Snaptrap
Dan Woren: Woren Alert
Jason Isaac: Admiral Cai
Michael Sinternikilaas: Riverstrike, Pirate Scythe
Dave B. Mitchell: Blade Dragoon
Terrence Stone: Dragonspear
Steve Kremar: Warpath Temper
G.K Bowes: Tigress
Lee Everest: Anchor
Richard Epcar: Apollo Python
Kyle Hebert: Scarblade
Matthew Mercer: Hammerrod

Cameo:
Tara Strong: Twilight Sparkle
James Hong: Master Ratio
Kirk Thornton: One-Eyed Anger
Nancy Cartwright: Ace the Naked Mole Rat

Next Chapter 27: Battle of Red Cliff (II): The naval battle continued. The Alliance of Virtue Dragon and Tiger Clan must find a way to turn the tide to their favor while defeating the odds of Imperial Phoenix Army such as Admiral Cai and Vice Admiral Pitt, as well as resupplying more arrows. And so, both Skysoar Intellect and Riverstrike have come up with the master plans to shift the naval battles, however, there was a price. If one of them failed, they will beheaded for failing their own mission. Will they able to turn the tide at the Battle of Red Cliff?

PreviousChapters Next