• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 763 Views, 1 Comments

P-RPG - loopertooper



A wandering pony looks for a peaceful home. He is now going to Ponyville, will this be home?

  • ...
 1
 763

Chapter 5

“Hello, you awake dude…” Blade awakes to the sound of the knocking and the yelling beyond the door. Blade recognizes the voice and the use of the word “dude”. Blade knows its Headhunter. “Yo, I found something meet me at the library.” Headhunter seems to depart from outside Blade’s door. Blade slowly gets up and gets prepared to leave for the library where Headhunter would be. Blade slowly trots off, taking his time to enjoy the surroundings and atmosphere of Ponyville. When Blade reached the library, he sees Headhunter standing outside. Blade sighs and thinks about telling Headhunter that he looks out of place, but thinks against it because of how tired Blade is.

“So, what did you want this early in the morning, Hunter?” Blade asks, dazed by the early morning with no visible sun. Blade checks his watch and sees its 2 in the morning. He sighs again. Headhunter smiles wildly and gestures to the library door. “It is probably closed, Twilight sleeps here, Hunter.” Blade announces and Hunter ignores him as he approaches the library door and tries to push it open… its locked. Headhunter stops and Blade smirks, as the smile disappears from Headhunter’s face, and it is replaced by an annoyed frown. Headhunter knocks loudly. No response, which was the wrong response. Headhunter turns, then using his back hooves, he kicks the door. Nothing happens, other than a large flash of light. Blade’s mouth is wide open. “What the hell, Hunter?” Blade asks as Headhunter laughs and trots close to the door. “It is still locked, dude.” Blade is surprised at Headhunter’s movements.

“Oh really.” Headhunter pushes the door open and laughs. Blade looks surprised and also afraid.

“Ummm… isn’t this illegal?” Blade points out the obvious. Headhunter just waves off the “ridiculous”
observation. As Headhunter walks in, he turns on lights and looks around for a book. As Blade enters, he announces their presence. “Yo, what are you looking for dude?” Blade asks as the pegasi flies around. Headhunter looks over and smiles as Twilight shrugs in her bed. Spike opens his eyes and walks downstairs towards the Blade. Headhunter landed in between the two, looking ready to take little Spike out. “Wait.” Blade tells Headhunter.

“What, it is a dragon…oh?” Blade nods and Spike goes for the fridge, grabs a snack, then goes back to sleep. The two stallions laugh. This wakes Spike and he screams. This, in turn, wakes Twilight who launches a lightning bolt towards Blade and Headhunter. Blade dodges, but Headhunter strikes the lightning back at Twilight, who dodges.

“Blade, Headhunter how did you two get in?” Blade looks at Headhunter who smiles widely. Twilight seemed to understand the look and since she didn’t know Headhunter, she just went along. Then she looked at the clock and attacked the two intruders. “Why, in the name of Celestia, are you two here this early?” Twilight screamed and yelled as Spike closed the door to stop a mob from forming.

“Oh, right, I found your team a job.” Headhunter declared proudly. He lifted a piece of paper and showed it to Twilight and Blade. The two look at each other and look at the pegasi who looks proud of his accomplishment. They nod and ask Headhunter where and when because the paper only says the request for help. “Don’t worry, I’ve already talked to the pony and she is fine if your team takes the job, it pays well and isn’t too hard.

“By isn’t too hard, you mean cat stuck in a tree?” Blade asks sarcastically.

“Nope cat stuck in an abandoned ruin.” Headhunter’s answer made Twilight and Blade confused. “The pony is an explorer, and her cat followed her and got too deep, passed the light stations. No one can find the cat and they heard noises deep inside so they all ran and the pony came to me.” When Headhunter mentioned himself, he smiled and stood up straighter to show off his “magnificent” body and wings. He tells the two that they need to meet the pony to completely accept the job, and then they can have it.

That morning, the team and Headhunter all met up at the explorer pony’s house and talked about the mission. She explained everything and then walked with the crew to the site. Once the girls see the site, they slow down. Fluttershy tries to run, but Headhunter calms her down. Blade takes charge.

“Ok, let’s do this. COME ON TEAM!” Blade yells and they all gallop in. Once the 7 get in they see many lanterns left around and see that the lanterns make a trail to the area where there aren’t any lanterns. The pony gave us a map that shows the lighted areas. The team stops at a crossroads where there are three passages to take. The map shows two are completed lighted, so the team went down the path that has a dark spot at the end. At the end the darkness envelopes them. The pony asked as to try to fill in the map as much as possible for extra money. The team starts the pace back up, but with a slower pace so not to fall into a pit fall. Then something came right at them.

“Watch out!” Rainbow yelled and everyone dodged. They looked behind themselves and saw a goblin. Blade steps forward and takes charge.

“Let me show you girls firsthand what a real battle is like.” Blade spoke proudly. The girls watched carefully and then Blade got ready. He thought about it and then the goblin charged and slashed the side of Blade’s upper right hoof. “Damn why is it always my hooves.” Blade calls his swords and slashes the goblin. The goblin gushes blood from the wound and then tries to stab Blade. Blade dodges and cuts off the goblins right arm which held the knife. The goblin screamed and was going for the knife with his left hand, but Blade kicks him with his hind hooves and then Blade makes his swords disappear and picks up the goblin’s knife using his magic and launches it at the goblin. The goblin is hit in between the eyes and drops to the floor in a pool of blood. “Hahaha that was nothing” Blade smiles and gets back with the girls.

“Wow that was awesome.” Rainbow complemented Blade on his victory. The girls all continue on the way. Soon enough they hit a wall and Twilight fills in the map as they walk. She was proud to be able to do the job of map maker. Then they hear another goblin farther away.

“Okay, who wants to take this one?” Blade asks.

“I’ll do it.” Rainbow was proud to raise her hoof. Rainbow rushes in and attacks the goblin. The goblin can’t hurt her because of her air advantage. She lifts the goblin, throws it in the air and then before the goblin lands, Rainbow lands a kick to the goblins stomach launching it very far back. The goblin is dead. “How was that, Blade?” Rainbow takes a triumphant stance as she waits for the applause. The girls give her a pat on the back for her kill.

They continue on and then after about an hour they finally come across the sound that made all the ponies yell in happiness. They rush forward and find the cat sitting in a pretty well-lit chamber.

“Umm, why is it so bright Blade?” Fluttershy asked. Blade shrugged and stopped the other, non-cautious ponies from running in. They all slowly enter at once and then the door behind them closes. The girls scream and then Blade turns around to see a goblin standing there with the cat in a cage. He is wearing a crown and wields a huge blade with 4 goblins at his side.

“Girls, get back, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie, get in the back, Rainbow Dash and Applejack, come to the front, Twilight and Rarity between the archers and us.” The girls all act towards Blade’s plan. Blade sweats, he didn’t get the girls weapons yet, so Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie can’t do anything. The girls are ready, but afraid, except for Rainbow who is ready to kick some more ass. “Rainbow, Applejack can both of you take a goblin?” They nod. “Twilight?” She understands and nods.

“I’ll take two of those gob-guys.” Rainbow is ready for battle. Blade smiles and is ready too.

“I’ll take out fatso in the middle.” At that, they disperse. “Rarity, help the wounded, okay.” Rarity nods, and with that Blade goes for the leader.

The goblins stand closely around the crowned goblin, making them look like they have the advantage. They all have knifes, other than the big one with the large bastard sword. Blade summons his swords and goes for the leader. “Twilight, separate them with wind!” Blade needs to concentrate on not dying at the moment to use magic.

“WIND!” Twilight summons a huge gust knocking all the goblins away separating them from the king. The girls take this advantage and strike at their targets. Rainbow uses the air to her advantage and continuously lifts the goblins up to immobilize them for some time. This also gives her time to grab one of their knives that they dropped and swoop down, cutting one of their throats. Then proceeding to toss the knife into the chest of the other goblin and then kicking it through the goblin. Applejack used the walls to her advantage by kicking the goblin into them to daze it. Finally when the goblin was dazed, she jumped and kicked it in the throat, killing it. Twilight was using her magic to burn the goblin she was fighting and surely enough it fell quickly. The goblin king was shocked all his guards were defeated so soon, but he wasn’t distracted enough to miss Blade coming straight at him. The king lifted the blade and dropped it down onto Blade’s swords as Blade tried to slash the king. The blow was huge and knocked Blade back. The others joined him and then all attacked. Twilight launched the king into the air with the wind and then Rainbow kicked the king back to the ground where Applejack met his stomach with a kick. The wounded goblin king staggered and then tried to regain balance, but couldn’t before Blade swiftly launched past him and cut his throat. The goblin king fell and died.

The team was met at the entrance by Headhunter and the client who was overjoyed to meet her cat, held by Fluttershy. Headhunter gave the team a present of his own, some weapons he bought for them. He smiled and admitted to having them before-hand which made Blade almost lose it. Then the client paid for the rescue and the extra for writing the map. The girls all yawned, said their goodbyes, and left with their share of the money and their new weapons. Blade staggered off and slept for hours. He knew his team was good, but now his theory was proved true. He wished that night that they would never break their team.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment