• Published 24th May 2016
  • 1,024 Views, 17 Comments

The Problem With Jewelry - bahatumay



Applejack thought she'd found a bracelet. She found an adventure instead. Extended entry from AppleDash Contest #4.

  • ...
5
 17
 1,024

Stinger

Daring Do sighed as she trudged back. Her pride had kept her working on the rubble as long as she could, but she’d finally had to admit defeat. Awesome she may have been, but there was just no getting around the fact that she could not lift those rocks on her own.

She poked her head around the sanctum doors, hoping that they had found another, easier way out; or at least that they were still there, rested and ready to help her move some rocks.

They were still there, alright. But ‘rested’ wasn’t the adjective she would have used.

Daring Do’s ears pinned. She scampered back, pressing her back against the stone wall, her face glowing red at what she’d just seen. “Yeah… that part is not going in the book, either.”

Comments ( 5 )

:rainbowlaugh: she did not expect that!

*grins* Very nicely done. The artifact was really cool.

7271931
>clinically dead
Of course she was. Clinically dead just means there's no air moving and no blood flowing. The same thing happens during heart attacks. Those can also be reversed (sometimes) which is why CPR training has become so commonplace.
In my mind, the vial contained a venom that acted like epinephrine, hormones that induce the heart to start beating faster.
Yeah, that magical ritual might work; but magic is one thing and science is another; and by playing with both, good things happen. :raritywink:

I have no idea why you placed this in the submissions folder for the lemon twist-thingy competition (in Appledash group) but hasn't it been already finished in for a long time?

7272269
Mostly as a legacy thing; I submitted this story in that contest as a(n unfinished) google doc. It has since been expanded and completed.

Login or register to comment