• Published 26th May 2016
  • 2,649 Views, 263 Comments

Sometimes They Call Me Super - KorenCZ11



My name is Jaquline Apple, but most ponies call me Applejack. However, that isn't my only name. Every now and again, ponies know me as Marevelous Red. Sometimes they call me Super, other times they call me a Hero.

  • ...
17
 263
 2,649

PreviousChapters Next
Harmony Stories VI: Of Rainbows and Ravens (part 3)

I always found it kind of funny, but the mafia that I worked for most often back then called themselves the Azrael family. I’ll expand on this more later because it’s important to our current situation, but in a religion that’s practiced in a middle eastern country, this name refers to the angel of death. However, I doubt many of you have even heard of that name because that family went by several pseudonyms and aliases to keep to themselves and parade around in the daylight, as if nothing they touched was anything but clean.

I knew the truth, but I also knew better than to piss off the Azraels because they were the big fish in Manehattan at the time. The guy is a little obscure, but do any of you know the name Sunlight Angel?” I asked. Celestia and Goose nodded.

“I think I met him once. He owns a small cleaning supplies company doesn’t he? Angelic Shine, I believe,” Celestia said.

“Well, that wasn’t all he owned. Dude runs a lot of laundromats and dry cleaning services around here too. For a while, my gang and several others, used his storefronts as a cover to fix our taxes. I doubt those were the only operations he had going on though,” Goose added. Celestia gave him a look that said ‘you and I need to have a talk later’ and then returned her attention to me.

“Right, that’s him. Real name? Incandescent Azrael. He’s the current head of the Azrael family. He’s not a bad dude as far as mob bosses go, and last I was in contact with him, he started evicting gangs that dealt in pony trafficking, but he’s only a minor character in this story. Incandescent took over Azrael four years ago, and his dad was the head before then. His name, I bet most of you have heard. They called him the Red Demon.” Of the seven others, I got three looks of confusion, and four looks of surprise.

“The what? I’ve never heard that name before,” Twilight said. Celestia put a hoof on her daughter’s head and ran it through her mane.

“And for good reason.” She sighed. “What do you all know about this Red Demon character?” Celestia asked the group.

“N-not much other than the l-legend of his powers. I… T-the Beast was always compared to h-him whenever I would overhear things a-about myself all those years back. S-supposedly, my brutality was nothing c-compared to his,” Fluttershy said.

“Back in my early days, Ah was always told ta avoid anypony spoutin’ that name or carryin’ his mark. Ah never got an explanation why though, and Ah never did run into anypony with that weird tattoo, so Ah just forgot about it,” Applejack said. Huh. I wonder who told her that? Smart, whoever it was, but that means somepony else knows about her, doesn’t it?

“I once got a vague warning about how the Red Demon would rise again some day when I managed to detain one of his strange followers a few years ago, but I don’t know much more than that either,” Rarity added.

“I got nothing,” Pinkie said.

“Same,” Scoot tagged on.

“I can fill in a little of this part. Nopony back then knew this guy’s real name. He was like the opposite of a super hero, a super villain if you will. He hid his name and face from everypony, and when he did show up, he was always wearing some kind of costume. As far as his known appearance goes, he was an earth pony who always dressed in a red three piece suit and a black face mask. My dad took me to a meeting between the heads of the families in Equestria once, and that’s where I first and last saw the guy. He was… scary. Just looking at him, you’d think he was like a cartoon, but the moment he trained his eyes on you, you could just feel the bloodlust, the oozing, sticky desire to kill and the tinge of blood on his skin.

Somepony tried to assassinate him at that meeting, and one minute, there was a pony about to stab a knife in his back, and in the next, he was behind the assassin with his head in his hooves as the body fell to the floor. The entire room was shocked, and he was just so… casual about it. I remember him saying, ‘Oh dear. I suppose I’ve made a mess. Worry not sirs and madams, my cleaning supplies are the best in the market and should have this mess wiped away in an instant.’ Then he just tossed the head in a trash can in the corner of the meeting room as his guards started taking care of it. Dad always warned me not to screw around with him if the day ever came that I needed to take over. The thought of running into him one day almost scares me a little more than whatever kaiju we might fight next.” Goose shivered.

“I suppose it’s my turn to share. Eventually, I found out that it was on his orders that Twilight was kidnapped. I searched for him for years, and I always came close, but somehow, he would evade me at every turn. I hadn’t given up until a while back when he just up and disappeared off the face of the planet. No mention of his particular way he killed ponies, or any activities that would fit his modus operandi, even the guards that I’d sent in to be moles in that operation just stopped hearing word entirely about the demon, or any orders ‘directly from the boss.’ I still don’t know what happened, and that whole gang has seemed to disband since then.” Celestia's tone was annoyed and dismayed. I smiled.

“Well cool, that means everypony gets to learn something here. Not only do I know his name and face, but I know what happened to him too. So, one day, I got a special request from my usual informant. It was a letter on bright red paper with the demon’s seal in black wax on the front. Since I’d worked for the gang for a while now, I knew this was a major deal. Nothing comes to you directly from the boss unless he wants to meet with you specifically, and all that letter contained was coordinates, a time, a date, and a number, that number being three hundred million with a bit sign at the end.

I asked my informant what this was, and all he said was that if I wasn’t there at that time, I would never hear from the mafia again. Naturally, I feared the loss of my income and was intrigued by the thought that a single job might make me a millionaire, so I went to the meeting place. Deep in the Manehattan woods, a secluded location hidden by fog, reception just making it far enough that I could follow my GPS. Every sense was tingling, and I knew I was being watched the moment I landed. A shock ran through my spine immediately after I took a step, and I covered myself in a cocoon of my blood. Inches from my neck and trapped in my blood was a strange black knife being held by the demon himself.

‘My, my, you are just as exemplary as my men have said. So young, yet so powerful. Not many ponies can stop my attacks… I believe you might just be worthy of this task after all. But just to be sure…’ He said as he examined me. He spoke like he was some kind of scientist, very cold and calculated, studying every twitch I made, the way my blood moved. He tried to stab me two more times, and each time, I barely managed to stop his knife with my blood, half a second before it would’ve made contact with me.

I was so confused and afraid of this guy, I didn’t know how to react other than protect myself from him. His powers were… like he just skipped some of the motions and was suddenly in the middle of an attack at another spot, less than a second from his last attack.

‘What a tough shell. Very impressive indeed. Your reactions are just outstanding. Before I brief you, I assume you know who I am, correct?’ he asked. I couldn’t find my voice, so I just nodded. ‘Ah, it seems I may have given you a little too much of a scare.’ He reached for and removed his mask. Underneath the thing was what I couldn’t have possibly ever expected. He just looked like a normal adult in his fifties. No scars, no outstanding features, just a normal stallion. He had a violet mane and beard with an orange coat and magenta eyes. He was just… so normal, I was stunned. He was trying to kill me not less than a second ago, but none of the emotions that should come to mind with that fact in my head could when I was looking at this completely unassuming dude.

‘Now then, you know who I am, correct? Answer my questions verbally,’ he repeated, his voice almost completely different now, like I was talking to some regular salary man in a grocery store.

‘Yes sir. You’re the Red Demon.’ His real face almost had a weird calming effect to it. With the mask on, he was just like what Goose said, and you could tell he wanted to kill anything within a twenty meter radius, but without it, it was just like all that vanished in an instant. He smiled when I said that, but it wasn’t creepy or anything, just like he was happy to hear it.

‘Excellent. My Bloody little Crow, I have a very important task for you. As in the letter, which I hope you’ve kept since it will be the only proof you have of meeting me, the reward for this task will be tantamount to capturing a bounty on one of the Equestrian dons for the government. Three hundred million will all be yours if you can complete one simple request for me.’ Even his voice was alluring. The more he spoke, the more I wanted to listen. He was so charismatic, it was hypnotizing.

‘Anything, sir.’

‘I have recently received word that a thorn in my side has shown up once again. In my past, I was less cautious than I should’ve been, and now I’ve come to regret it. There is a pair of targets I need you to kill. However, I also need you to find the name and location of one of these targets as that information still escapes me. The first target should have the identity and location of the second hidden somewhere near. Kill them both and return to me a lock of each of their manes, and the reward will be yours. What you do with the first body is of no consequence, but the second must be incinerated at all costs.’ He reached into his suit and passed me an envelope. ‘Return to me here exactly one week from now. I will have your reward waiting, and I trust you will have what I’ve asked for. I look forward to seeing you again.’ And then he was just gone. That same weird sense of ‘did I just miss something?’ struck me. His mask was missing, and yet again, there was a new blade stuck in my blood.

I didn’t think I really had much of a choice in the matter, so I decided to see what was inside the envelop. A page full of details on a mare who went by the name Fly Wheel, a picture of her with a date from thirteen years ago, and a little note. The note read, ‘Kill this mare, but only after you extract information about a foal that was born in November of 2013. Do what you must, but no matter what, this is your highest priority. Find and kill the foal. As of this writing, it should be twelve.’

So, it was just another search and destroy job, except this time, the catch was that the first target was just to get to the second, which was the really important one. Why? Had no clue at that point but, I also wasn’t sure how to go about getting the information out of this mare. I got my jollies in fights, things that made my blood pump. Killing some random mare who probably couldn’t defend herself wouldn’t be any fun, nor would it do anything to help my recently redeveloped conscious. So, what do I do next? Well, the easiest option was to seek out advice from the great pool of wisdom that was my partner.

‘Why don’t you just talk to her?’ she said to me.

‘Talk to her? About what? Oh hey, a mob boss hired me to kill you and some preteen you know about, would you mind giving me the details?’ My partner is a pretty smart pony, but she’s also kind of anti-social. She can manipulate a pony into doing what she wants because at this point, she’d learned enough about her powers where she can just straight up read your thoughts if you don’t know a little trick that I learned. Naturally, when she suggests I do something so out of character for either of us, I was skeptical.

‘No, you idiot, just be friendly. You don’t want to kill this mare, correct?’ I hate it when she asks questions. She words them so that they’re all yes or no and make me feel dumb at the same time.

‘No.’

‘So your goal is to protect her, right?’

‘I guess.’

‘So approach her and try to get to know her. Figure out why he wants this mare and this foal dead. What makes them so important to him? What reason is enough to want them dead so badly that he not only shows you his face, but also offers you this ridiculous sum for it? From the sound of it, this guy is bad news, and you likely shouldn’t have taken the job to begin with, but if you’re to become a hero, then you might as well start here.’

Truly, she is an inspiration to puppet masters everywhere. A few words more and lunch later, I set out to start tracking this mare. Following the information on her I was given, I spent the next two days scouting and watching to see what all she did. She lived alone and worked as a hostess at a bar on the east side. She was a pegasus, magenta coat, violet eyes, dark blue mane, and a cutiemark that looked more or less like her namesake out of a combustion engine. By day she spent her time in a workshop tinkering with some car, and there was only one place I figured I could pretend to meet her on accident, and that was when she went out to lunch amid her routine.

On the third day, I finally worked up the initiative to actually try and talk to this mare out of the blue. Without much of a plan in mind, I kind of just walked up and asked if I could sit next to her at the diner bar. As it turns out, she was just a nice lady. We made small talk until finally I started working toward what I wanted to know.

‘I’m excited for November here in a few months. This new laptop I’ve been looking into is going to release, and I finally got enough money to buy it right off the shelf.’ I said, trying to work that date in there. That was the truth by the way, I still own that laptop.

‘November huh? Yeah, I figure it is about that time again…’ she said, trailing off.

‘Something about that month bother you?’ She looked at me, and then checked around like she was looking for somepony in particular, and once she was satisfied, she opened up to me.

‘My daughter’s birthday is in November.’ I’d already had my speculations about why he wanted some unknown kid killed, but this just about solidified my guesses.

‘Oh, really? Why is that sad?’

‘I haven’t seen her in years. Who knows what she’s been through these days? She’s never far from my mind, but… I just…’

‘You just what? I mean, she’s your kid right? Why not just go see her?’ I asked, trying to provoke her. She turned to me and grabbed my shoulders.

‘I can’t! If I do, he’ll find her, and if that happens…’ she paused and realized she was yelling in my face. ‘I’ve… I’ve made a scene. Thank you for your company, I hope things get better for you soon.’ She left some bits on the bar and then darted out the diner. So, I’ve made some connections, and now I think I’ve figured out what’s going on. I paid for my own food, and chased after her. However, I wasn’t the only one.

The boss didn’t take chances, and I wasn’t the only one he sent to get information out of this mare. Aside from me, four other ponies pursued her. I figured out where she was headed since I was smart enough to make friendly conversation, and managed to beat them to her before she cornered herself. I took her to a safe place, and told her to wait till I came back. I killed the other guys one by one, and then returned to her and filled her in on what was going on.

As the story goes, she and Sanguine Azrael were lovers before she found out who he really was. Sanguine had been running the Azrael family for decades now, and she was his new mistress. They had a fight, and in a surprise to her, he didn’t kill her. He just left, never to be seen again. She would never understand why he just let her live, and that would come back to bite him later. The very next week, she found out she was pregnant. She didn’t know what to do, but she didn’t believe she had the right to kill the baby, so she was stuck with it. As the months went by, she started to realize that she always had somepony following her, somepony watching.

Azrael never left her without somepony to keep an eye on her so that she never told anypony, but with this new problem in the mix, she thought the only way to keep the baby alive was to put her up for adoption as soon as she was born. Once every other year, she checked in on the orphanage to see if the baby was still there, but the last time she saw her, she didn’t look very healthy. She wanted to help me fight Sanguine when the time came, so that she could finally free her child of that awful stallion, but she doubted she could get away from a fight with him alive, so she asked me to protect her kid if she couldn’t.

So, here came my first fork in the road. I’m fifteen, I live with my partner, and we’re a bunch of cripples who deal in dirty practices. Not really a good place for any kid to be a part of, that’s for sure. At first I said that I didn’t think I could do it, but after she begged me, I couldn’t say no. This mare didn’t deserve this, and neither did her kid, and really, I probably made it worse by killing her pursuers. I hadn’t thought about that, but when I went home and talked to my partner about it, she certainly drove it into my head.

I had four days left to figure out what I was gonna do, and Fly was preparing to fight to the death with Sanguine. Apparently she knew what his powers were, and had powers of her own to fight back at him, so it wasn’t like she had no chance to win, but she doubted that it was going to be anything less than a miracle if she could walk away from it. I didn’t even get to protect her from the next set of bounty hunters for Azrael, she did it herself. And even after showing all that skill, she still asked me to look after her daughter.

The fifth day came, and I figured I had nothing better to do than kill time, so I went to meet this kid. The date was August 28th, 2026.” I finally looked at Scootaloo, and then she put the pieces together.

“That was… the day we met…” She whispered to herself.

“I find her, and she looks just like her dad. Spitting image of the guy, save for the wings. He wanted her dead because if she ever learned the truth about her lineage, then she could expose him for who he really was. All the cover up and work he’d done to hide his face from the world so he could play in it would be ruined if anypony ever found out about his illegitimate daughter.

She was pretty old to be in an orphanage still, and her ornery personality kept her from getting invited to any of the families that showed up. The foster parents didn’t care, and she looked like she’d barely eaten in weeks. To add to all of this, she’d had solid bones from birth. She’d never fly a day in her life. She might as well been an earth pony, but because of what she was, she lost out on the strength and endurance that they have. I got her to talk, we had a good time. I took her out to dinner, and she told me what it was like there, for her whole life. She never knew the love of a parent, she was never treated like she was wanted by anypony. Just a waste of space, good for nothing.

It made me sick. Furious, to the point where I wanted to make Sanguine pay for ruining this filly’s life. She didn’t deserve this, nopony deserved that. This was the justice I wanted to make happen all those years ago, this was the justice that super heroes were supposed to bring. I made up my mind that day and decided that I was going to try and fix this fucked up place, even if I wasn't the only one who could do it.

I spent the next couple days with her, even managed to get her mom to come say hi once, but she couldn’t bring herself to tell her daughter who she really was. The day came, and Fly and I went back to the meeting place. Without any kind of warning, their fight started the instant we landed. They cursed each other for what felt like hours as they appeared in and out of thin air every couple of seconds, their directly opposing powers just about canceling each other out. The way she explained it to me went like this; Sanguine can skip to a point in time and bring it to the present. Say you were to take a walk down the road that takes ten seconds. What Sanguine does is move ahead to that point and replaces the one that you’re currently experiencing with it. All the time you would’ve spent walking is skipped, and you’re left with the end result. His power is so strong that anything he or anypony else can do in ten seconds can be removed from time entirely, like it was skipped over.

What happened in that meeting with your dad that day was likely him taking notice of his attacker, pushing him forward and cutting his head off, then taking that end point of ten seconds later and replacing the current one with it. I thought it was confusing, but she said that ‘it just works.’ Fly’s power was to reverse time by ten seconds. Between the two of them, their powers canceled out. Every time he would try to skip forward, she would skip back, creating this endless cycle of him trying to kill her and her trying to keep him from doing it.

She knew it would have to end eventually, and once she finally found an opening, it happened. Sanguine stabbed her in the chest, going as far as to hide part of the knife’s hilt inside her. While he was close, Fly put him in a hold he couldn’t escape. She asked me to kill them both… so I did. Her last request to me was to keep her daughter safe. To this day, I don’t think that there was anypony in the world other than her that was capable of taking down the Red Demon. Their powers were so perfectly matched, it was almost like she was destined to do it. But because of that, their kid suffered. It wasn’t fair. Fly Wheel was a kind mare, she would’ve been a great mother, the mother that filly deserved… but she couldn’t. I buried them in the forest floor, and the very next day, I found an apartment.

I forged some documents with my partner’s help, and I vowed to give that kid a life that her mom would’ve wanted. I worked hard, even sacrificed my ideals at times just to try and make things a little bit better for us. I wasn’t much of a hero, but if I could be their hero, then I was satisfied. This went on for three years, and in that time, I hardly ever saw my partner.

One day, I picked up a listing from Argent for a bodyguard for one of their upper staff. I hadn’t even realized who the job was for at the time, but when the client I was protecting turned out to be my partner, she started to tell me about what was going on deep within the company. A corruption was starting to spread, and a horrible project had come to be. She talked me into helping her, and from there I became a full time employee for the company, secretly working for my partner to try and prevent their plans. And that’s when you guys came in.

When I first saw Marevelous in a group, I was a little more than shocked. She was always a lone wolf kinda mare, but with these ponies working together, they could probably do something great. When we took down the beast together, and you said you’d let me off, I knew that your group was reliable, trust worthy. Together, my partner and I formed a plan, and when the time was right, I would join you to turn the tables on Persona. My partner hasn’t accomplished all the goals she wanted to before I joined, so I can’t tell you what all I know just yet, but I can say that most everything has been within her expectations so far. With all of us working together, we should be able to do it.” I leaned back in my folding chair and let out a sigh.

“Finally, geez. I feel like I’ve been talking for weeks.”

“You killed my parents?” Scootaloo asked. Oh goddess damn it.

“I mean… technically?” She put her hooves on her temples and just stared blankly at the crystalline table.

“I don’t even know where to start. How do I even make sense of this? Does that mean I have a brother? I’ll never fly? Do I have powers? If both my parents did, then I should, shouldn’t I? I met my mother once and I didn’t even know it was her. I was always told that they died in a car accident, and I met one of them. My own father tried to have me killed. And… and you! Am I just a dead mare’s promise, or am I actually important to you? Apparently you kill ponies for a living, so I’m not sure if I can trust that any more.”

“Scoot…” I tried to reach for her, but she batted my hoof away.

“Don’t you ‘Scoot’ me! No, you know what? I’m gonna go sit and think about this shit before you try and talk your way around me again. Apparently one of the only lies you haven’t told me in the last four years is that you really are good at manipulating ponies, just like- just like- Ugh, I can’t even remember her name! Damn it!” She slammed her hooves on the table. I guess I never even saw her move, but suddenly Celestia had draped a big white wing over my sister.

“Sweetie, why don’t you come talk with me? I’m sure it’s been a long day, and you have quite a bit you want to get off your chest. Would that be alright?” she asked, her sweet, warm tone enough to melt anypony in to jelly. Scoot gave me a frustrated look and then sighed.

“Okay…” she said, then hopped from her chair and walked down the bedroom hall with Celestia until they disappeared from view.

“Ya know, I really did try to make it sound not so bad, but saying it all out loud really shows how screwed up my relationship with that kid is.” Fluttershy shrugged.

“Y-you say that, but honestly, it sounds to me l-like you did the right thing. I-it’s not like the Red Demon was gonna l-let you live after s-seeing his face anyways.”

“True. I know if I was the big bad guy, I wouldn’t. And sure, you probably aren’t the best role model in the world, but you did everything you could for that kid and her mom. You faced your problems head on and tried to overcome them. All I’ve ever done in my life is run away…” Pinkie said.

“Hey, don’t sell yourself short champ. Somepony who just runs away wouldn’t be out there putting her life on the line to fight giant monsters and protect the city, right?” Goose chimed in. Pinkie frowned and crossed her hooves.

“I guess.”

“But honestly, when would have been a good time to tell her all that? I doubt she would have taken it well at any point. My own sister decided to have a freak out on me when I told her about my powers, and she wouldn’t even talk to me for a whole day afterward. I supposed we’re over it now, but it wasn’t fun when it happened. You don’t lie to your loved ones because you want to after all…” Rarity said.

“Ugh, just stop talkin’ about it. Ah still haven’t told my brother, or my uncle what’s been goin’ on, even if Ah figure he already knows more than Ah do. Oh, ya know what? He said he met ya a while back. Are ya allowed ta talk about that, or is that one of those thin’s that’s part of yer partner’s plan or whatever?” Applejack asked. Oh shit. I didn’t even think about that. Uh-uh, no way am I going to tell her what his deal is. Telling Scoots about her parents is a pinprick compared to the land mine that is.

“He’s… uh… You know what? He’ll tell you when he thinks you should know. That’s uh… that should be a family deal, for you guys and not me to talk about. Yeah,” I stammered. Applejack tilted her head and gave me that ‘you’re a liar’ look, but thank the goddess, Celestia returned and interrupted.

“Well, that was quite a story. I think it would be best if we all retired for the day. As a member of Harmony, even if she is a non-combatant, I believe Scootaloo has a right to hear your stories as much as Rainbow does. I have heard what I needed to for today, and I’d like discuss what you know about the remaining Kaiju when we resume training on Wednesday. I’d like to make sure you’re all well acquainted with each other before we return to training, so please find a time to get your stories told to the new recruits before then. Enjoy your two days of recovery, and rest well. Until next time.” Celestia bowed, then stood on the center of the table. Her horn lit up in a brilliant gold light, and in a flash as bright as the sun, she vanished.

“Mom’s orders are mom’s orders. Come on, let’s get you home,” Goose said as he picked up Applejack bridal style.

“Put me down ya piece of shit, Ah can get home on my own,” She protested.

“I am not letting you drive on a broken foreleg! It’ll take five minutes.” I noticed she didn’t make any movements to get out of his hold, she just huffed and crossed her forelegs.

“No. If Applebloom is awake, she’s gonna know you’re with me. Just take me ta my room, Ah’ll sleep here,” she said without looking at him.

“Your wish is my command♥” and then they blinked into nothingness. I failed to hold back a chuckle. What even is this? Are they a thing?

“Heh, what was that all about?” I asked. Rarity stood from her chair and arched her back.

“The denial stage in a loving relationship. As much as he comes off to be a tool, Goose is actually a good stallion, and a childhood friend of hers. I wouldn’t be surprised if in a year or two they had a child together.” She stated as if it was already a fact.

“What? No way. For real?” The idea of Marevelous having a kid was a little strange to say the least.

“That’s what I believe anyways. He’s loaded, she has a stable job with a high paying income, It’s quite obvious that he loves her, and even before they reconciled the other day, I was beginning to see the tell tale signs of a mare falling for somepony.”

“Wow. Didn’t know she was the type.” I said, a little dumbfounded.

“You don’t have to be a romantic to fall in love. Things like can happen the moment somepony comes into your life. Sometimes it lasts, and other times it fails, but a relationship like theirs? Well… that’s one that would make somepony jealous. Who better to be with than somepony who knows you better than you do?” Rarity sighed. “Well, now I feel sad. I’ll be here sometime tomorrow, call me if you need me earlier Twilight.” She said as she headed down the hall to the garage.

“Sure. See you tomorrow Rarity.” The purple princess then turned to me and just sighed with a slight frown on her face. “I guess I’ll have to get used to you. I can’t say that I like the idea of you being on the team yet, but now that I know a little more, I suppose I’ll accept you eventually. I have seen your work before. I asked you to join us once a long time ago, and you let me tag along on one of your missions to watch. You butchered a poor pony in front of me, and I took your memories of me and this place shortly after.” Twilight took a breath.

“But that’s in the past, and I suppose you’ve grown since then. Your room is on the left side of the bedroom hall right next to Fluttershy’s and across from Applejack’s. I imagine Mother put her to sleep, but if you want to see her, Scootaloo is in the room next to yours. There is food in the fridge and pantry, you’re welcome to help yourself in the morning. I’ll need to have you and Scootaloo compile a list of groceries you want me to collect if you’d like anything specific. I’m in the fourth door on the right of the hall if you need anything else. Good night everypony.”

“Night Twi.” Pinkie said.

“O-oyasumi” Fluttershy said in some other language.

“Night.” I added. She paused after hearing mine, but then disappeared down the hall.

“Well, I’ll see you girls in the morning, or afternoon, whenever I wake up. Later.” Then Pinkie wooshed through the first door on the left.

“I-I guess that means I’ll show y-you to your room. I-it’s good to have you back, Fire,” Fluttershy said as she walked over. My eye twitched, but I let it go.

“It’s good to be back, Shy.”

PreviousChapters Next