• Published 26th May 2016
  • 2,649 Views, 263 Comments

Sometimes They Call Me Super - KorenCZ11



My name is Jaquline Apple, but most ponies call me Applejack. However, that isn't my only name. Every now and again, ponies know me as Marevelous Red. Sometimes they call me Super, other times they call me a Hero.

  • ...
17
 263
 2,649

PreviousChapters Next
Kaiju II - Israfel - The Gemini (part 1)

Applejack


Have ya ever lost contact with somepony fer a long time, and then when ya finally do see ‘em again, it’s like nothin’ ever happened? Over these last couple days, Ah think Ah’ve found myself in that position. He’s different, but not. He’s the same, but not. Now that Ah now who he really is, it’s like Ah can finally see what he looks like fer the first time. All the tension and anticipation from Tuesday is gone, and now there’s just a sense of familiarity. It’s almost like… a family member Ah’d lost is back.

In contrast ta last week, the castle feels relaxed. Shortly after Ah finished my story and told Goose Ah needed ta go home, we opened his door ta have Twilight and Pinkie fall in the room after listenin’ in on us. They were reprimanded and then dragged away by a coffee crazed night princess, but in the end, we decided it was better that they heard his story anyways since they were the only ones who didn’t know. The air was clear, and through the next two days, the others told Goose their own stories. As a whole, it feels like everypony is finally comfortable with each other.

On Friday night, Luna remarked (sarcastically) that Twilight and Pinkie seemed to improve dramatically, clearin’ the basic level monster simulation on their own. Because they’d made it as far as they did, Celestia took over when Saturday mornin’ came and ran us through the simulation herself. It… was not fun, ta say the least. Before we started, Celestia said she’d taken the time to research the ‘books’ in which our first kaiju seemed ta walk out of. Instead of the simulation we’d become used, she worked us to death by killin’ us with all manner of monster that she could think of, or read about in this case.

Unlike how Luna ran us through various levels of difficulty, Celestia threw a monster at us and made us fight until we killed it and nopony died. When she finally released us ta eat, half the day had gone and we’d only made two successful attempts in the six hours that we trained. She didn’t let us go after that either. Her ultimatum was,

“You will defeat six monsters, and only then will you be allowed to sleep. You six are the best option I have right now, and you will be ready for anything that comes your way tomorrow. Failure is not an option, and death… will not be tolerated.”

If anythin’, this only proves that they were once constantly involved in wars and the like. There’s a reason Equestria has been the longest standin’ power in the world, and these two alicorns are it. Between Celestia’s cruel cunnin’ and Luna’s brutality, Ah don’t know that there’s a force on the planet that could stop the both of them. Well, that is provided they didn’t have other ponies they cared about.

In the beginnin’ of the simulations, she’d replace anypony who died with an image of their corpse. After the third run, she said she just couldn’t do that anymore and those that were killed were just removed and watched from above. The few times we all lost, we’d get a preview of what Celestia and Luna would do. They don’t call ’em the Goddesses of the Heavens fer no reason, that’s fer sure. The whole thin’ was real irritatin’ too. Ah never failed ta save somepony, and Ah was sure now that Goose would literally do anythin’ ta keep me from dyin’ first.

With each fight, we would always go down ta the last pony or kill the monster, and more often than not, we could kill the monster with a few casualties, but if it ever came down ta all of us losin’, or Ah finished alone, he’d do anythin’ he could ta keep me alive. Celestia noticed immediately and took him aside once, but never said anythin’ out loud ta anypony about it. When we finally finished and Celestia said her goodbyes and good lucks, Ah just about dragged him by the ear ta his room.

“What the hell was all that!?” The last monster was the worst of them all, and the only time we did manage ta kill it is when everypony made it out alive.

“Uh, battle simulations?” he said. Ah rolled my eyes.

“Ya know damn well what Ah’m talkin’ about. Eighteen times today, ya took a hit and got yerself killed when ya didn’t have ta. Why?” His nonchalant attitude was startin' ta irritate me.

“I… you… have more power than I do so… as long as you’re still around, the monster can go down! Yeah, uh… I mean, it was just a simulation, so what’s the problem?” he said, pausin’ ta think of some more bullshit ta feed me.

“What about when it’s not a simulation, huh? What are ya gonna do if Ah find myself in a situation where Ah’m gonna get hit and there’s no way around it? Are ya gonna kill yerself ta make sure Ah get another chance? Because if ya do, Ah’ll drag yer ass outta hell and kill ya myself!” Goose rolled his eyes and went ta lay down on his bed.

“I don’t see the problem here. If we lost you, we’d be so S.O.L. that the princesses would likely level the city. I believe that we’ve seen the aftermath of that enough times today to know.” Ah stomped my way over ta make sure he looked me in the eyes.

“The problem is that ya keep leavin’ me alone! If Ah screw up, it’s my mistake! Ah don’t need ya tryin’ ta keep me alive if it means yer gonna die in the process! We have an order! Death is not an option!” He sat up from starin’ at the ceilin’ ta lookin’ back at me just as mad as Ah was.

“So what am I supposed to do when there’s nothing we can do about it? Am I supposed to just let you die in front of me even if there’s something I can do to stop it!? If you weren’t so damn insistent on making sure you’re the only one who gets hurt in a fight, then maybe I wouldn’t need to jump in! You take on everything yourself, and you always charge in head first alone! Just because you’re the best doesn’t mean you’re invincible, damn it! I don’t wanna watch you die!” It took everythin’ Ah could just ta keep from hittin’ him at this point.

“So what does that make y’all? The only one who’s allowed ta sacrifice himself? ‘Cause last Ah checked, Ah didn’t wanna watch you die either! From this point forward, Ah don’t want ya anywhere near me in a fight unless Ah tell ya ta otherwise! Don’t make any life threatenin’ decisions, and you are not allowed ta get yerself killed, ya got me!?” Our muzzles were just about touchin’ at this point. Fer some time, he just sat there and stared back at me with an equally angry face. Then he smiled and licked my snout. Ah punched him across the face and doubled back.

“W-what the hell was that!?” Ah yelled, more out of confusion and embarrassment than anger anymore. He pulled his head outta the wall and rubbed his bright red cheek.

“An argument ender. Doesn’t usually get me punched in the face though.” Ah could feel the hairs on my neck standin’ on end.

“W-well, ya deserved it! Keep yer tongue ta yerself, ya jackass!” He just laughed.

“Ha! This is the best reaction I’ve ever gotten. You’re so cute, I might just have to do it again♥” His tone back ta the playboy inflection he used use. Ah just about hissed at him.

“Do it again and see what happens! We’ll be lookin’ fer a new sixth damn quick! Ah’m goin’ home! Remember what Ah said tonight, and don’t y’all forget it!” Ah stomped my way outta his room and never looked back. Ah slammed the door behind me and without payin’ attention, Ah smacked inta Twilight.

“Oww…” She groaned as a stack of books fell ta the floor. Oh damn it, that was my fault.

“Sorry Twi.” Ah picked her books up and tired ta give 'em back. She shook her head and quickly restacked her books on her back with her magic.

“Oh, it’s fine, I wasn’t paying attention. I shouldn’t be reading in the halls. I sometimes forget that I’m not the only one who lives here anymore,” She said with a stiff smile. Then she stared at my face and tilted her head. “Um, is something wrong? Your face is all red and your nose is wet.” The hair in my neck was likely standin’ on end at the moment.

“Uh, no, Ah uh… needed ta wash my face and Ah didn’t notice how hot the water was… uh, hehe.” Ah nervously wiped my face off as quickly as possible. Ah can’t believe Ah didn’t do this first!

“I see. Well, alright then. Sleep well. Tomorrow is the big day, after all…” She trailed off as her eyes lowered ta the floor. Ah leaned over ta read some of the spines of the books she had on her. The art of war. Martial arts fer the average stallion. Tactics and accounts from Equestrian wars. Beatin’ the big guy: Boxin’ tips 101.

“Twi, are plannin’ on readin’ all of those tonight?” She looked at me like a deer in headlights, and then eyed her books. Her wings flared up and covered each side of her books.

“I um… well, I-I’ve already read these actually, so I was just going to… skim through them again! Yeah, I just wanted to do… that.” Her eyes fell from me ta the ground again. Ah let out a breath, wrapped a hoof around her neck, and walked with her ta the library.

“Nervous?” Ah asked as we sat down at one of the tables. She levitated her books ta the table and then laid her face on it next.

“Of course I’m nervous! I don’t know how any of you aren’t. Mother said that if I get hurt again, she’s going to use a real monster from some of her unrecorded fights next time we train. This is of course if I make it out alive in the first place. I only survived ten of the hundred or so simulations we did today as a team! That doesn’t even count all the ones I’ve been doing with Luna…” Ah sighed.

“Come on now, we ain’t gonna let ya die on us.” She picked her head up.

“Applejack, will you tell me the truth?” She asked. Ah frowned.

“Well, Ah’m not typically one ta lie. At least not here anyways.” Ah don’t really outright ‘lie’ ta ponies without a reason. That isn’t ta say Ah haven’t snaked my way outta thin’s before, but Ah'm no Goose.

“Am I useful? If… if you had access to somepony better than me, like somepony who could be the relay and carry their own weight… you would still want me around? Am I… a liability?” She asked, gettin’ real close. Ah backed away and sighed again.

“Sugarcube-”

“No! I want the truth! I want an honest answer! You always talk down when you start with that. Please, tell me what you really think.” Ah let out another breath.

“When Ah started out, Ah wasn’t the best around. Half the time Ah managed ta turn somepony in fer a bounty, Ah’d have ta use everythin’ Ah earned ta repair the damage Ah caused tryin’ ta catch ‘em. It took me three solid months of failures before Ah actually made anythin’ from all the bounty huntin’ Ah did. And ya know how Ah made anythin’ in the first place? It was because Ah stopped a robbery. Ah wasn’t in costume, Ah was down on my luck, and Ah didn’t feel like Ah was gettin’ any better. Ah was in a small family run grocery story that Ah visited often because they would help us out when we didn’t have enough.

Some junkie pointin’ a gun at everypony around tellin’ ‘em ta give him everythin’ they had. Ah almost didn’t do anythin’ till he fired a warnin’ shot at the owner when he wouldn’t budge. He was just a normal old stallion, and without a second thought, he outright refused ta give the robber anythin’. He even tried ta talk him down with a gun pointed at his face. When it looked like he was really gonna get shot, that’s when Ah stepped in. Ah moved quick, and he shot at me. The bullet hit me in the side and then bounced off. Ah got in close and kicked him in the head, slammin’ his face inta the floor. Ah still remember what Ah said that day because it was the first time Ah got really mad at the criminal Ah was puttin’ away.

‘He did nothin’ but show ya kindness and ya damn near blew his head off. Filth like you doesn’t deserve a second chance.’ Ta add ta that, Ah took his gun and crushed it under my hoof. And ya know what happened next? The owner scolded me. He said that even idiots like that junkie deserve second chances. He probably never woulda tried ta rob the store if he had ponies in his life ta keep him on the right path. In the end, he asked me ta let him go, and the junkie ran away. The owner said,

‘Ta ponies as strong as y’all are, kindness and the ability ta extend a hoof ta help instead of punish is the most important thin’ ya can ever have.’ He then gave me three silver bits and told me ta go on home with what Ah’d picked out. Ah’m good at the role Ah play, and that’s bein’ the vanguard, stayin’ in the thick of the fight. You’re the only magical offense and defense we’ve got, and with more time and practice, you’ll get better at it. Sure, there are ponies out there who’d probably do a better job right now, but Ah don’t think Ah’d rather have somepony Ah don’t know who’s better than ya, than y’all doin’ yer best. Twi, Ah trust ya ta step up ta the plate when you’re needed.

So, do Ah think you’re a liability? No, Ah really don’t. You’ve got good reflexes with yer magic, and we certainly couldn’t have beaten that last simulation without ya around. If ya can get yer body ta keep up with yer head, Ah doubt there’ll be anypony who can match ya.” Twilight sat there and slowly but surely, started ta nod.

“Thanks… Applejack, that means a lot to me.” Ah nodded in return.

“Ah’m glad Ah could help. Now leave these here and go get some sleep. If ya get time in the mornin’, then read all ya want, but Ah’d rather have ya well rested fer tomorrow than well read on ancient Mǎnese philosophy.” Ah said with a laugh. She smiled.

“Yeah, I suppose that won’t really help me if it doesn’t pertain to what to do when dealing with some five story monster, now will it?” Ah walked her ta her room and then headed toward the garage. When Ah arrived, Goose was leanin’ on the wall waitin’ fer me.

“If that wasn’t you at your core, then I don’t know who you are. Good to see that mom is still around takin’ care of the kids.” Ah rolled my eyes.

“Yeah, what’s yer point?” Ah said. He laughed and met me at my bike.

“None, really, I’m just happy to see you being yourself around somepony other than your family. I was thinking about it a little while ago, and your ‘circle of friends’ pretty much consisted of me and your brother way back when.” Ah sighed and started the bike.

“Yeah. And after ya disappeared on me and dad died, there wasn’t anypony in that circle fer a long time. Meetin’ all these girls and gettin’ ya back just makes me realize how much Ah’ve missed out on by closin’ myself off ta ponies, ya know? Like, if Ah’d opened myself up ta even my uncle or my brother so long ago, maybe Ah wouldn’t have been so depressed fer so long. Not too long ago, Ah wasn’t so different from that junkie. All alone and just a step away from fallin’ off the right path…” It’s only been about a month now, but Ah feel like Ah’ve grown a lot in that short time. Havin’ friends really makes a whole hell of a difference.

“Well, I wouldn’t say that. You’ve been through some pretty rough shit, especially now that I know the whole story. To think of where you started and where you are now, it’s really a miracle that you’ve managed to keep your soul intact. You suffered loss after loss after loss, and you’re still here, kicking harder than anypony else. I think you’re just too good a pony too ever really fall like that. You might not believe it, but I think you’re special.” Ah rolled my eyes and got on my bike.

“Think what ya want. Ah’ll never really believe Ah’m more than somepony constantly tryin’ ta make up fer my own mistakes.” Ah started the engine and Goose shrugged with a smile on his face.

“I guess I’ll just keep believing in you then. If you ask me, it takes more than just good intentions to keep trying to be better, especially on your own.” Ah shrugged this time.

“Whatever. Just don’t forget what Ah told ya earlier. You’re not allowed ta save me again if it means you’ll get hurt. That’s an order!” Ah pulled back on the gas and shot up the ramp and out of the castle.

“Yes ma’am, miss hero.”


The mornin’ arrived, and unlike the sense of dread Ah felt last week, this week it was different. Ah felt ready. Ah’m prepared fer whatever comes, and we’ll beat it no matter what it is. It was about six in the mornin’, and the alarms weren’t set ta go off fer another hour so that the city had plenty of time ta evacuate. Ah packed my backpack, grabbed my coat and my hat, and then headed inta the livin’ room.

“Good morning. I see you’re up early. Headed somewhere?” Uncle Blood asked. Ah stopped dead in my tracks. What is he doin’ up this early on a Sunday? The questions Ah asked Persona weren’t part of the broadcast…

“Yeah, Ah’m meetin’ some friends from work fer breakfast.” Ah answered, truthfully. The coffeepot finished fillin’ up and Uncle Blood poured himself a cup of the warm black liquid.

“Friends from work? You? Now that’s certainly something,” he said with a laugh Ah scratched behind my ear.

“Ah’ll say… Anyways-” Ah started, however, Ah caught his eyes, and Ah just about froze in ‘em. There’s only been one other pony Ah’ve known that can stare me down like that in my entire life, and he was my dad.

“Your siblings and I are going to visit the national park in Fillydelphia today. If you finish early, come join us. But above all else, live.” He took a sip of his coffee and never took those eyes of his off me. “I suppose your friends are probably waiting for you. Hurry along then.” He looked away, finally releasin’ his freezin’ stare. Ah swallowed and shook myself out of paralysis.

“Y-yes sir.” My eyes found the ground and Ah exited the apartment as quickly as possible. Without a doubt in my mind, that stallion is more informed than Ah am. Ah don’t know what all Uncle Blood knows, but he certainly knows both the lives Ah lead. Ah made my way down the staircases ta my bike and rode off ta the castle as fast as Ah could. Ah trust my uncle, but when he does shit like this… it always reminds me why Ah've never disobeyed him growin’ up.

The garage closed behind me, Ah pulled in ta find Rarity was already here and just now gettin’ outta her car.

“Good morning Applejack. Oh my, what is that face? You didn’t have another… ‘nightmare’ did you?” she asked after Ah took my helmet off. It took me a moment ta process what she said and then Ah shook myself again.

“Uh, no it’s nothin’. Mornin’ yerself. Didn’t expect ya ta be here so early.” Rarity sighed.

“Oh, well, I didn’t have much of a choice since I was already up. My… my father called yesterday and asked to see Sweetie. Normally, I would never have let him near her, but since today is the day, and I didn’t already have arrangements for her to be somewhere else… I figure it’d be best if she were away from the monster here, and with the one she knows in Tin. At the very least, I trust she could protect herself from another pony if need be.” She said it almost like she wasn’t sure she made the right choice. Ah gave her a pat on the back.

“Come on now, one day with yer dad ain’t gonna kill her.” When last Rarity told her own story, this time she added a whole other part about her parents. As it goes, she hated them both fer the longest time, but after finally seein’ her father again after two years, she learned what really happened with her mother, and her dad’s since cleaned himself up. Pinkie and Ah had similar words ta say about that, but we both understood that it was difficult ta forgive.

“It might! But I suppose, now isn’t really the time to be worried about that, isn't it? In less than six hours, we get to play with a brand new monster or whatever comes out of Argent’s shop of horrors today.” Ah nodded.

“If that ain’t the truth. Sachiel called himself the weakest last Sunday, so who knows what this next one is gonna be? Heh, maybe we’ll get lucky and it’ll end up one of Celestia’s monsters from yesterday.” Rarity groaned.

“Oh, I hope not. Stabbed, incinerated, crushed, melted, and the worst one of them all, having my horn imploded into my skull. If I could not experience any of that again, I would be content with my life.” We made our way down the hall and a familiar smell caught my nose, shortly followed by a melodic voice.

“Ooh, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I’ll be returning every Saturday until this is all over with new ideas to train you all. After that, it’ll only be a monthly thing. I can’t have my most experienced home-front defenders get sloppy after all. And just think of the fun we’ll have! I’ve never had a team in my armies I truly believed could defeat my first legion before♥” sang the Sun Princess.

“Speak of the devil…” Rarity mumbled as we turned inta the kitchen ta see her majesty in a frilly pink apron. She was hard at work as about ten utensils were performin’ different tasks, all bathed in the gold light of Celestia’s magic. A knife was cuttin’ apples up inta cubes, a whisk and a bowl were mixin’ eggs, flour, sugar, and salt together. A pan was bein’ shaken as another bowl was pourin’ batter in spots, and then each spot was covered with cubes of apple.

“Good morning you two. How are you feeling?” she asked, takin’ her attention away from what she was doin’ ta look at us. Even while her eyes were elsewhere, all the utensils in magic continued on as if she was unnecessary fer them ta keep doin’ their jobs.

“Uh, fine Ah guess. Is that… is that my… mom’s recipe?” The memories of my first home started ta flow back through my head with the sweet smell. Celestia looked away for a moment.

“Hmm… it might be. Whatever it is, you were the one who remembered it. I made these a few weeks ago for my daughter, but you unfortunately had to leave before I could start. I hope they live up to your expectations.” She had that warm smile on her face, and if even fer a second, Ah thought Ah was lookin' at my own mother.

“Oh… well, they certainly smell like Ah remember, so that’s a good sign. You’ll have ta give me the recipe after we get done today. Applebloom never got the chance ta try ‘em, and Ah’m sure Macintosh would love ta have ‘em again after all these years.” Celestia nodded.

“Of course. If you’ll go wake the others, I’ve already got quite a few ready to serve. I believe Pinkie is the only one who’s awake at the moment.” Celestia turned back around and Rarity nodded.

“Of course she is. The smell of baked goods will attract her from almost literally miles away, her condition be damned. Do you have coffee brewing? If not I can take care of that.” Celestia clapped her bare hooves. A strange sight conciderin' she's almost always wearin' her gold shoes, yoke and crown.

“Oh, I knew I’d forgotten something. Please, by all means.” Rarity pulled the coffee pot out and went ta the sink. Ah made my way ta the bedroom hall and said good mornin’ ta Pinkie who was busy readin’ one of Fluttershy’s backwards comic books.

“Morning. Ya know, this story is pretty screwed up. I’m not really far in, but it’s like something straight out of our lives, it’s so depressing. The part with that kaiju we fought the other day is really freaky.” She turned another page and Ah frowned.

“Oh, is that the one?” She nodded.

“Yeah. I’m not too happy with the main character though. He’s a huge pussy. Makes me wanna punch him in the face at every other turn.” Ah slowly nodded.

“Uh, sure. Have fun with that,” Ah said as Ah walked away. She’s just so weird sometimes. Ah decided that Ah’d get Fluttershy up first since she’s least likely ta give me an issue about it. Ah opened her door, and avoided wires until Ah reached her bed. Her TV was on and the Marevel versus Comcap title screen was runnin’ though its roster silently. Huh. Must’ve fallen asleep playin’. As Ah got closer, Ah started ta hear the faintest whisper comin’ from her bed.

“M-mommy… the monster… she’s… she’s… she’s in my head…” she mumbled. Guess Ah’m not the only one who’s got nightmares. Ah got closer and tried ta wake her up, but then all my instinct’s started screamin’ at me and Ah backed up. The pony in the bed moved almost as fast as Ah did, and where Ah was not but a second ago was a pony-sized outstretched beast’s claw, sharp, dangerous, and right where my heart would’ve been. A cold, almost glowin’ red wolf’s eye stared me back in the blue glow of the TV as it breathed heavily and ragged. It stared me down fer a moment before it reverted ta the blue-green pony eye it was supposed ta be, and the claw turned back inta a yellow hoof.

“F-fluttershy?” She pulled both of her hooves up ta her snout and gasped.

“O-oh my goddess, I’m so sorry! I-I um… if you could j-just… forgive and forget t-this little… um, event, I-I would really appreciate that.” The room then suddenly lit up as bright as the sun, and when the flash was gone, Celestia was in it’s place.

“What just happened?” She asked, no, demanded. This wasn’t the mother’s voice, this was the ruler’s voice. Fluttershy was just about shakin’ in her skin, and they were both lookin’ at me.

“Uh…” She looked at me, then narrowed her eyes at Fluttershy.

“You and I have an agreement. Do not make me rescind my kindness.” The visibly terrified pony moved her long pink mane out of her other eye, and a red one stared back at Celestia, a sharp smile on its half of her face.

“B-but of course, my princess. I-It was an accident, I was simply p-protecting my darling,” she replied, her voice almost in two tones, one deep and gravely, the other the voice Ah knew. Celestia scowled at the tiny mare, who only smiled back in defiance.

“Very well. Remember your place, Beast. This castle is safe, and you are not to interact with anypony, understood?” Fluttershy bowed a curtsy.

“B-but of course, my Goddess. I-I bid you adieu.” The second eye reverted back ta its green-blue, and now standin’ on the bed was Fluttershy, and just Fluttershy. She stood there shakin’ like a wet, lost puppy. Celestia’s scowl reverted back to her motherly smile.

“Good morning my dear. I’m making breakfast, so why don’t you head on into the living room for me?” she asked in that sweet voice. The shakin’ came ta a halt and Fluttershy slowly nodded without sayin’ a word and ran outta the room. Celestia then turned ta me with a sullen look on her face. “I apologize for that. I hate to ask this of you, but would you mind keeping this little mishap between the four of us? I will explain things next time I have the chance. Nopony else knows about this… relationship between Fluttershy and I.” Ah nodded, and just as she appeared, she disappeared.

“The four of us? What the hell did Ah just step in?”


Breakfast came and went, and the events of this mornin’ were entirely ignored. Fluttershy wouldn’t look me in the eye, and Celestia made sure Ah wasn’t around her fer most of the mornin’. We had our equipment checked over and repaired if necessary, and we ran one last simulation before the clock hit eleven thirty.

“You’ve all trained hard this week, and this last test went smoother than I anticipated. Call it hubris, but I believe that you’ll defeat this monster quickly today,” Celestia said lookin’ us all over. How we managed that battle she just put us through, Ah will never know, but somehow we did and everypony seems rarin’ ta go.

“Oh yeah, this is so happenin’ today! I can feel it! I believe in the dream!” Pinkie shouted. Ah think she was just happy because this was the first time that she got the kill shot. It was almost always Me, Goose, or Fluttershy that would finish a monster off, save fer the rare once that the monster we were dealin’ with was essentially allergic ta magic, so Rarity ended up gettin’ that one. Still don’t know how Twilight didn’t do it, but all the same, Ah suppose she lacks the experience Rarity has.

“Superstar here has got the energy today I see. I don’t know about everypony else, but I’m feelin’ pretty confident too,” Goose said.

“Well, I’m not. We could be up against anything. I’d prefer it if we were more cautious than confident…” Twilight said.

“Now that’s no attitude to have. Buck up, filly! Take caution with confidence. Your decisions will be the right ones. We will succeed and things will go our way,” Rarity corrected.

“Yeah, that’s the way. Y’all listen up. We’re gonna defend the city, we’re gonna minimize the damage, and we’re gonna take care of this monster. We did just fine last time, and this ain’t gonna be no different.” The air was intoxicatin’, and the feelin’ was good. We’re gonna do just fine.

“Absolutely what I want to hear. Noon draws near, so go to the highest roof in the city and wait there for your prey to come to you. You are to come back alive, and if you can manage it, with your enemy prisoner! These are your orders, now go, Harmony!” We all saluted the princess, and then gathered around Goose. We blinked from the Castle to the top of the Empire buildin’ and waited. Fifteen minutes passed, and then the clock struck noon. The bell tower rang out twelve times, and just like clockwork, Persona appeared on every screen.

“And once again, I arrive to an empty Manehattan. However, I had expected this by this time. Now then, your next opponent may be something more than you expected, my dear heroes! Come forth, Israfel! Heroes, you’ve risen to the challenge once before, now I ask you do it again! Go beyond! Begin your search, Israfel!

PreviousChapters Next