• Published 28th May 2016
  • 3,610 Views, 106 Comments

Know your enemy - Znegil



Luna and Alex are in a happy relationship while "A Canterlot Wedding" is approaching, what could go wrong ;-) This is a sequel. I strongly recommend reading "Moon's shadow" first

  • ...
10
 106
 3,610

18 Unity

"You did what?", Celestia asked aghast.

"We went to the changeling hive, defeated their queen and Chrysalis is queen of the changelings now.", I repeated while we stood with a very smug grin before her.

"I want one of the stain glass windows for this adventure.", Luna demanded.

"Is this a prank?", Tia asked.

"No, it is the absolute truth.", Chrysalis explained. "I am the changeling queen now."

There was a long silence.

"Why didn't you ask for help sister?", Celestia ask.

"I don't remember you asking Twilight this question when she does a great deed for Equestria.", Luna replied.

"I... I'm sorry. You three did something amazing for all of us. I'm very thankful for that.", she bowed to us.

"We had a plan beyond making Chrysalis a queen.", Luna explained. "We want the changelings to live among ponies..."

That's when Luna and Chryssi told Celestia everything about our plan.

I smiled while I watched them working together selling Tia on our idea, they were such a great team.

I had been down after what had happened in the hive, but they lifted me up again by reminding me of all the evil things Lycosa had done and how lucky I was to have such good mares. I still couldn't forgive myself for what I did, but they helped me to focus on the positive things again... like forming a herd with them. It had been Luna's surprising suggestion to change our upcoming wedding into a herd wedding... within a few days I would be married to a princess and a queen, this was crazy.

I started to listen again as Celestia spoke after my marefriends had explained everything.
"I think that's a wonderful idea we all will benefit from. We will make an announcement within the next day, but we should start with a small number in a few towns, to get everypony used to the new situation and then slowly increase the numbers... would you agree to this plan Queen Chrysalis?"

"Can we please skip all this queen and princess stuff, we will be sisters in law soon anyway.", Chrysalis said.

"Wait, what?", Tia was confused.

"Chryssi, I wanted to tell my sister myself.", Luna scolded her.

"Sorry, I messed up.", she excused herself.

"I think I have to punish you for that tonight.", Luna said in a very strict tone.

Chryssi's tail lifted itself and started to brush from side to side in rapid succession.

Celestia just stood before us, mouth wide open.

"Sorry sister.", Luna said. "I had the idea to change the wedding into a herd wedding. I just feel so good around both of them and I never want that to change. I wanted to tell you later today."

"I'm happy that you found so much love sister, it's all just a bit sudden for me. But of course, I will support you in your plans and look forward to your wedding." Celestia hugged her sister while she made a 'I am keeping an eye on you' gesture towards Chrysalis.

...

All three of us had made separate appointments with Rarity for our wedding garments. Rarity was on cloud nine for making a wedding dress for a princess and a queen. My suit was a pretty normal combination of black and a dark blue, is was designed to "be a link between the mares dresses", as Rarity had put it. I asked if I could get a little peak on their dresses, the stare I received for this question felt like I had killed her cat, so I told her I was just joking. To change the subject I asked about the two changelings who lived in Ponyville since a few days, it was one of the test communities to start our project.

"Well Darling, Pinkie prepared them a wonderful welcome party, this way nearly the whole town got introduced to them. They seem very nice and well mannered, one of them made an interesting comment. He said 'the amount of friendship radiating from Pinkie would be enough the feed half of the hive'. I guess he was just joking... but in Pinkie's case everything is possible."

"I'm glad everything seems to work out fine.", I said. "I hope they are fully integrated into pony society within a few years."

I said goodbye to Rarity and made my way back to Canterlot.

...

I was quite nervous and waiting for my brides in front of a huge crowd did not help much either. I looked at Celestia who stood before me and showed a warm smile towards me.
"Relax, this is the best day of your life.", she whispered to me.

I tried to be calm but felt like a heart attack was just seconds away. I looked into the crowd and saw a lot of familiar faces, the Elements of Harmony, some of my friends from the royal guard and many other ponies I knew from the streets of Canterlot. I spotted Cadence and Shining, I had met them yesterday when they arrived for the wedding, we had not met for a few weeks. I decided to excuse on Chrysalis behalf for what had happened. Chrysalis herself avoided meeting them before the wedding, she too was very nervous and decided not to add additional stress this close to the wedding.

The music started, and all eyes were glued to the huge doors in the back of the room. They opened and Luna and Chryssi entered the room side by side, I was blown away by their astounding looks. The main theme of both dresses was white, but Rarity had integrated their natural colors within, in part by leaving openings in the dresses but although with black and blue pearls and lace. Their beauty was unreal. I couldn't believe they wanted to form a herd with me.

Finally they arrived next to me, Luna left of me, Chryssi on my right. I admired Rarity's work. I really was the link between their dresses. Celestia started the ceremony but I couldn't concentrate on her speech, I was captured by the beautiful sight of my mares and alternated looking left and right.

"... is there anything against the union of these three to form a herd..."

A very loud coughing interrupted Celestia and all heads turned towards Cadence.

"Sorry, something I'm my throat.", she said with a devious grin.

"... Hereby I bound them as a herd and wish them joy and happiness forever. You all may kiss now.", Celestia ended her speech.

As it was told us to be tradition, we did a 'star kiss', our lips all met at one point in the middle while our cheeks touched too. The was loud cheer across the whole room and confetti rained from above.

...