• Published 28th May 2016
  • 3,610 Views, 106 Comments

Know your enemy - Znegil



Luna and Alex are in a happy relationship while "A Canterlot Wedding" is approaching, what could go wrong ;-) This is a sequel. I strongly recommend reading "Moon's shadow" first

  • ...
10
 106
 3,610

17 Hive

We walked all day without any big surprises and did set up our night camp in a little cave. We had to be more careful because this space was closer to the hive, the element of surprise was crucial for our plan.

We ate and drank while talking about what would happen the next day. We tried to relax as much as possible, so I gave both of them a massage and even managed to concentrate on the innocent parts of their bodies.

"I love what you can do with your hands...", Luna stated.

Chrysalis who was getting a massage from me right now chimed in: "Let's vote, all in favor of Alex giving us at least one massage per day say 'I'."

"I", came from my marefriends in unison.

"So you're going to ganging up on me every time you want me to do something?", I asked. "You're lucky I like to touch your bodies." I smacked Chryssi's butt... which again got me a sexy moan from her... I should remember this... judging by Lunas look, she would remember to test it on Chryssi too.

"Yes... Well, we should go to sleep now.", I suggested and got myself a blanket again.

"Your right, we can't be sleepy tomorrow.", Luna reminded us while she laid next to Chrysalis and drew her into a hug. "Take the love you need and let's sleep afterward." Luna kissed her tenderly, and I could hear Chryssi purr after a short while.

I laid on my back and watched the sky while I thought about the next day, everything had to be perfect to keep both safe. I saw the green glow of Chrysalis magic as she set up the alarm spell... time to go to sleep.

...

We were up early this time, we had a quick breakfast and had been on our way in less than 20 minutes, everyone of us was eager to reach the hive as fast as possible.

After some hours Chrysalis informed us we had reached the area where we had to expect changeling patrols. We slowed down, only whispered and Luna used a scanning spell to give us a little advantage.

This way we had been able to avoid two patrols before the hive came in sight. I noticed Chrysalis led us toward the same entrance we had escaped from. We hid in some bushes from where we had a good view on it.
"We will watch for one hour to learn about the intervals of the guards.", Chryssi whispered.

...

Two changelings guarded the entrance, and each of them showed up about every 15 minutes to walk a few feet outside before they disappeared into the hive again.

"Are you sure its two guards?", I whispered while I strapped the scimitar in its scabbard around my waist. "They all look the same to me."

Chrysalis rolled her eyes.
"I understand it isn't that obvious to you since they don't have the colorful manes and coats ponies have, but they are different, trust me."

"Of course, I'm sorry."

"We have to be extremely careful.", she continued. "A guard needs only a second to send a general alarm to the hive mind and only two more seconds to specify what has happened. If they notice us at all, we won't have the element of surprise anymore and fleeing would be the best option because of the enormous number of changelings here."

"Okay, let's go then.", I said and began to move towards the hive.

Chrysalis held me back on my shoulder. "One more thing, once we reached Queen Lycosa's throne room she will alarm the whole hive. Then I will use my magic, fueled by your love, to eliminate the guards in the throne room, Luna will defend the entrance from reinforcements, and you will run towards her and touch her to suppress her magic, but be aware of her horn."

"Yeah... I had negative experiences with a horn before. I will be very cautious about it.", I remarked.

"As soon as I eliminated the guards I will kill Lycosa."

"Isn't there any other way then killing her?", I asked.

Chrysalis looked into my eyes.
"I know it is not what you want, but she wouldn't hesitate for a second to kill us, and if she lived on, she would find a way to get revenge on us, our friends or future family... You just have to suppress her magic, I will do what is necessary."

"... Okay.", I said. "I wished there was another way, but I understand."

Luna hugged me from behind.
"Be strong my love."

...

We waited for another guard to pass, once he disappeared, we sneaked close to the entrance. Chrysalis peaked inside and made a gesture for us to follow her. All of us moved as quickly as possible without making any noise. After five minutes and passing four intersections Chrysalis pushed us inside a little room.
"We have to wait for the other guard to pass us.", she whispered.

...

Finally, I heard steps slowly coming closer until the sound passed our little room and decreased in volume again. After another minute we decided to move on again, according to Chryssi the throne room was just minutes away now.

The next two intersections we stopped and listened for any other changelings before we crossed them, finally we stood before large decorated doors.

"You all know what we have to do. We have to be quick without hesitation.", Chrysalis reminded us again, we nodded. I drew my sword.

"3... 2... 1..."

Luna used her magic to force the doors open. They moved so fast in their hinges they slammed into the walls. We ran inside the room to use the element of surprise to the fullest.

Four guards stood before the very perplexed queen.

"Crooked?", she asked. "The moon princess and... this thing again. You must be crazy to face me in here. Kill them!"

Before she had ended her speech Chrysalis already started to shoot magic energy towards the guards while they shoot at her themselves. I stepped before Chrysalis and acted as a shield against their magic, the beams hit my body, but there was no reaction at all. Meanwhile Chrysalis shot hit the ground next to them and emitted a strong shockwave that pushed them to the side giving me a clear path to Queen Lycosa. The Queen shot a glowing beam at me while I started to run straight towards her, I could see the disbelief in her face as nothing happened to me.

"What? This can't be!", she screamed. I heard a lot of changelings running to this room, but saw out of the corner of my eyes how Luna's shield stopped then in their tracks while Chrysalis hunted the guards down. Moments before I reached Lycosa she lowered her head to use her horn as a spear against me, but this time I was prepared for it and use my sword to deflect it to the side. I touched her shoulder and brought the sword to her throat.

"You're making a huge mistake.", Lycosa said nervously. "Whatever you want, I'm much more powerful then Crooked. She is the weakest şahzadə we had in centuries. Together we could..."

"I love her, you can't replace that.", I responded while I heard fighting in the background.

For a second there was pure astonishment in her facial expression, then she started to laugh.
"How could you love Crooked?", she asked laughing. "She is nothing compared to me. She is just some misformed trash that somehow... has..." Green blood spilled out of her mouth and made it impossible for her to speak.

"SHUT UP! YOU DON'T KNOW HER!", I screamed and twisted the sword I had thrusted in her body. "SHE IS EVERYTHING FOR ME AND HER NAME IS NOT CROOKED!"

Her body became lifeless and fell to the ground, I held on to her and followed her to the ground this way. "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT LOVE IS YOU STUPID WITCH!", I screamed at her dead body and cried.

Chrysalis hugged me from behind. "She isn't worth it, my love.", she said. "I wished you didn't have to experience taking a life, I'm sorry." I felt her tears moisten my neck.

"I need some help!", I heard Luna shout.

I wanted to stand up but Chryssi held me back.

"I hereby declare, I'm Queen Chrysalis, 56th queen of the hive.", she said and as she later explained to us, submitted it to the hivemind the same moment.

All fighting stopped as the hive listened for Queen Lycosa to object, but there never was an answer.

"Hail Queen Chrysalis!", I heard the changelings in the room shout... and so did every changeling in the hive.