• Published 28th May 2016
  • 3,609 Views, 106 Comments

Know your enemy - Znegil



Luna and Alex are in a happy relationship while "A Canterlot Wedding" is approaching, what could go wrong ;-) This is a sequel. I strongly recommend reading "Moon's shadow" first

  • ...
10
 106
 3,609

1 W(hole)

It has been two months now since Nightmare Moon was destroyed and we announced our plans to get married. I had shifted my routine to be awake at night so that I could spend more time with Luna.

Most nights we woke up together in her... in our bed and I watched in awe while she raised the moon. We admired the night sky together for some minutes and had a 'breakfast' afterwards. Then while Luna had night court, I practiced my painting and drawing skills.

After midnight when Luna was pretty much free of princess tasks, we spend our time walking through her beautiful night together or exploring each other's body in a very athletic way. We just had finished a session of that and laid sweating next to each other, breathing heavily. I felt the heat radiating from her body and her scent, that I loved so much, was in the air. I moved even closer to feel her wet fur and caressed it.

"I have new name for our future foal.", I whispered to her.

"Maybe we should wait for me to be pregnant.", she said smiling. "We will have enough time then."

"But it is gooood and has a little story.", I begged her.

She kissed me.
"Ok, let's hear it."

I cleared my throat.
"We have many old cultures in our world, and each has their old myths about the past. In one of them there are three siblings, the sun god 'Sol'..."

"Boooo, sun..."

I smiled at the antics.
"The beautiful moon goddess 'Luna'..."

"Beautiful Moon goddess, that's nice, maybe I should change my title. Did she really had my name?"

"Yes, that was her name and you will always be my beautiful goddess.", I got a passionate kiss for that. "The third sibling was the goddess of the dawn 'Aurora'."

"That has a nice ring to it, I like it... Should I worry that you want to call our foal another word for 'Twilight'?", she asked smiling.

"Her name might have given me this idea."

"Speaking of Twilight.", Luna started. "Her brother will marry Princess Mi Amore Cadenza in about two weeks."

"Shining Armor is marrying a princess? Is everyone a princess here? I was hoping you would be rarer than... Ouch!"
I rubbed my shoulder where Luna had bitten me.

"I should shower now.", she said. "I'm so sticky and sweaty."

I hummed disapproving, hugging her closer.
"I could shower you with kisses instead."

"How about you joining me in the shower while showering me with kisses?", she asked with a seductive smile. Now THAT was an excellent reason to leave the bed...

...

It was still two days to Shining Armor's wedding, but the palace was already bursting with activity, all in preparation for it.

I was more interested in these preparations than I normally would have been. Since it wouldn't be long for me to have the same preparations for my wedding I was very curious about everything the staff prepared. It was a bit scary to know how many guests would be attending a royal wedding, the logistics for all of this has been just insane.

Today I wasn't in the mood for painting, so I walked through the nightly palace to waste some time until Luna would be through with the night court. I had been in the palace for quite some time now, but I was still amazed by all the things happening in it even after dark, the guards, the cleaning, the preparations for the next day, sometimes it felt like a beehive buzzing with activity.

I just had passed one of the many kitchens of the palace... and maybe had sampled some food, when I noticed Luna was coming my way, a lot earlier than normal.

"Has anything happened? You are very early.", I asked her.

"Night Court was very short tonight. Maybe ponies are occupied with the wedding preparations. But this is a nice opportunity because I have a surprise for you, something I want to show you outside of the castle, even outside of Canterlot."

"Oh, you know I love surprises, can you give me a hint?"

"It will be nothing you ever expected.", she answered with a grin.

"Ok, let's go then.", I tried to put my arm around her, but she shrieked back.

"Let's wait until we are alone.", she replied apologetically.

I was a bit surprised about that. She never had a problem showing affection around others.

We went out of the palace...

I thought about what the surprise may be, she was in high spirits, so it seemed to be something big. I guessed her being pregnant for a second but reminded myself it would not be possible without using the spell she talked about, and she wouldn't use it in secret on me. Was it something about the wedding of Shining Armor? Or maybe our wedding? I got excited because she seemed excited.

...

We had quite some distance from Canterlot now, finally she would... wait, where is she?

I felt a sharp pain in my neck, had she bitten me? But these teeth must be long and sharp, what...?

"Surprise."

I heard this voice from behind my back. It didn't sound like Luna at all. I wanted to turn around but found myself unable to move. A hoof was laid around my shoulder and appeared in my field of vision, it was black and had holes in it.

"Time to go to sleep my love, it seems your ability doesn't help against poison at all, such a shame..."
My vision went blurry, my knees got weak. I wanted to say something, but couldn't.

I was unconscious before I hit the ground.