• Published 24th May 2016
  • 8,789 Views, 244 Comments

Shining Chitin - Damaged



Shining Armor finds a hole in his hoof. It goes all the way through and, along with other recent changes, makes him believe he is turning into a changeling!

  • ...
23
 244
 8,789

The illusion

Chrysalis rubbed her hooves together with glee. "And you intercepted the message?"

"Of course, my queen." The changeling drone held out a scribbled note. "I copied it of course, pilfering the original would have your agents caught quicker than a pony wandering into our hive."

Reading the letter, the queen froze. "It speaks nothing of him! This can't be, the poison should have reached his magical center by now, it should be turning him into a changeling!" Bringing one forehoof down, she narrowly missed her spymaster, not by choice. "And why do our agents in that damn icy fortress keep going missing?"


The princess stood, her snout an inch from the changeling drone's own. The changeling trembled, shaking like a leaf.

"Now, drink." Cadance booped Slick on the nose. "Come on, you know you need to, just a little…"

Slick tried to keep his calm, but it was impossible. "My queen! A drone should not feed from his queen!" But she smelled so good, his senses were soaked in the sweetest love he had ever sensed in his life.

"You can't win." Another changeling, Careful Steps, told him from one side. "She is a queen unlike any before, she loves all her drones." A look of devotion settled on the changeling whose voice was so full of temptation. "Go on, just a little sip, I bet she smells good. She always smells good."

"I do, don't I?" Cadance smiled over to her 'helper'. "Now, come on," then she felt it, the first tender touch of a changeling feeding, "there you are, now, drink deep."

Love poured over Slick, his mind was bombarded by adoration and desire for more. His queen loved him so much it filled him in moments and he felt love pour down all over him. This time it wasn't a hoof that touched his nose, but a kiss from Cadance, Princess of Love.

"Good colt, there you are. Now, why don't you tell me everything you know about the naughty queen who doesn't share her love at all?" Cadance had learned quickly how to spot the changelings among her ponies, and learned just as fast that the poor dears were only doing what Chrysalis said because they were starving. Starving for the thing she had in abundance.


"She must be squishing them, my queen. From the moment they go missing we get no word back and worse, it seems like each one captured tells her everything. She must be doing vile things to get them to talk!" Spymaster Sneaky shook his head.

"Then send more, we must know if Shining Armor is becoming one of us. It would be perfect, to steal him back from that evil harpy, he loved me more than her, I tell you." Chrysalis stomped a hoof so hard it broke the rock under her with a crack like thunder.

"As my queen wishes." Sneaky withdrew, he knew when it was a good time to leave an angry and brooding queen. Particularly one capable of having him squished without notice or investigation.

"Yes, I can see it now, he will start to notice the change and hide it from his horrible wife. He will learn the ways of a changeling. Cunning, lying, ruthlessness… he will have to slink away from her, leaving…" the words twisted in Chrysalis' mouth, "Cadance, leaving her to wonder what she did wrong. Oh yes, this day is going to be perfect."


"Cady!" Shining whined a little as he called his wife's name. "I need help with this, please?"

Cadance marched into their bedroom, then another Cadance, and finally a third. "What dear?" All three of them spoke it together, in perfect synchronization.

It was impossible to tell them apart, Shining knew. The changelings that were sent to the Empire were usually the very best at disguise. "Well, whoever wants to help, I can't get this cravat right!" He gestured to the dress outfit he was trying to get on.

Two of the Cadances stepped froward, each looking to the other with a grin before taking a side. "Now where would you be without us?" Shining didn't care that at least one of them was a drone, they were all better at this than he was.

"Without you? Probably married to me still." A fourth Cadance walked in, smiling at seeing two of her doppelgangers helping her husband. "And likely needing twice as much help. But you are here and you are being good… aren't you?"

"Yes my queen!" Three voices snapped, green fire flowing around the first three Cadances to reveal they were changelings.

"Thanks…" Shining finished off tying his cravat properly. "So what news from the newest drone?" He hated these events, but at least the clothing let him hide his… problems. Long hose were in this month.

"Apparently old queen fuddy duddy knows what is going on, she is trying to get information about you. So I had some fake letters given to her, nothing too amazing. Let's keep her in the dark a little longer, I want to see her squirm." Cadance giggled to offset her almost-meanness.

Abruptly, one of the drones shifted themselves with burning green fire to resemble his old queen. Then they started to twist and shimmy around, grinning and looking at Cadance.

The giggle increased, then she started to laugh. Shining couldn't stop himself either, catching the joke and almost messing up his clothes.


"What do you mean its growing in green?" Shining tried to turn only for his wife's magic to hold his head steady. "Like, all green?" Panic started to enter Shining's voice.

"No, not all green, but you have some new tufts of it here and there. We can keep it covered. How goes the efforts on shape-shifting?" Cadance had a brush and a little tub of paste out, smearing it into the stallion's mane as she brushed it.

"I can't…" Shining's memories shunted back to his weekly meeting with Careful. No matter what he had done he hadn't been able to summon the green fire. "But he says there is a spark of energy in me, we just need to ignite it."

"I am sure there is… oh, another one." Cadance smeared some more of the magical dye into her husband's hair. The best bit was it smelled really good. "And what of the holes, are they growing according to the plan?"

"Yeah, pretty much exactly according to it… how did you work that out so well?" Shining almost melted, having his mane brushed was just about the best thing to do to get his knees to go weak.

"Oh, I got your sister to help. Such a clever girl." Cadance kept working, having to start all over in calming down the now upset stallion.

Shining shook. "Twilight knows?"

Author's Note:

Oh dear, poor Chrysalis really should try living outside, she is kept so completely in the dark!

Support me on Patreon or fuel my writing on Ko-Fi!

Join me on Discord. Warning, said chat may contain NSFW material and should be considered adult in nature.

Awesome ponies who are already helping to keep me in keyboards and rum:
Canary in the coal mine
Daremo