• Published 24th May 2016
  • 8,792 Views, 244 Comments

Shining Chitin - Damaged



Shining Armor finds a hole in his hoof. It goes all the way through and, along with other recent changes, makes him believe he is turning into a changeling!

  • ...
23
 244
 8,792

The end

"Celestia and Luna both narrowed their eyes at the stallion but they got a cool smile in return." Careful got to the bottom of the page and cleared his throat. "I stopped when they flew out."

"So I did good?" Shining looked to his wife. He knew she was better at these kinds of things than he, particularly at reading the other princesses.

"Shiny, you did perfect." Cadance slid a wing around the changeling at her side. "Now, we let them simmer for a while, they are likely very upset to not have their hooves on the pulse this time, can you imagine when auntie talks to Twilight about it?"

Shining joined his wife in giggling, the odd mouth cutlery he now sported not impeding his eventual laughter at all.


Twilight looked over to Spike. "You don't have to come to this, Spike, it will be a boring meeting." She pulled out a checklist she had made, of issues she needed to touch base with, the checklist's number one item was, of course, to secure more paper for future checklists.

"Twilight." Celestia smiled and welcomed the purple alicorn in herself. "It has been too long, how is the castle-life treating you?"

No matter how many times Twilight spent 'as a peer' of Celestia's, she would never, ever, get used to talking to her as one. "Very well, thank you Princess Celestia." She trotted into the room, finding Luna and the new captain of the royal guard. The bright smile on her lips faltered a little. "Where are Shining and Cadance?"

Celestia's eyes narrowed and she looked at Twilight with eyes that dearly wished they could dig all the way through the mare's head to get at her knowledge. "They are what we must discuss. I trust you heard about the… changeling express incident?"

"When they rescued all the changelings and gave them a new home in the Crystal Empire? The news is slow, to Ponyville, but that kind of thing does travel." Twilight found a nice divan and climbed up onto it.

"Well that was just the beginning, it seems." Celestia was doing all the talking but Luna was doing all the fuming. "When we approached them about it there were some… charades. Cadance had a changeling disguise as Shining."

Twilight sipped from a cup of tea. "Oh, why would she do that? Last I heard he could disguise on his own." Twilight got half another sip when she realized what she had let slip. "Err, I mean, not that he needs-"

"Twilight Sparkle, why didn't you tell us your brother was turning into a changeling?" Luna filled in for her sister, whose mouth appeared to be moving but no sounds were coming out.

"He was embarrassed, he wasn't sure how everypony would react. But most of all, because he asked me." Twilight was unsure what she had done wrong, but something told her she really shouldn't giggle at the face her mentor was pulling. Luna stopped and really thought about it. She could certainly empathize with the stallion for looking like a monster, a fair chunk of Equestria still considered her some kind of monster, although a tame one. "How was he looking? Last I saw of him he still had most of his fur, although his letters tell me there isn't a lot left."

The Princess of the Night relaxed from her anger, she let it go and took a deep, slow breath. "He seems a lot more forward than he was in the past. We assume this new… aspect, has strengthened his character in that regard. As for how he looks, he looks very much like a stallion version of Chrysalis herself, which was a little startling." Luna mused back on their meeting, she hadn't seen past her own shock at the apparent betrayal, but now she might have to return and apologize.

Celestia had regained her poise and closed her mouth. "In the future, Princess Twilight, could you please keep us appraised of foreign leaders if they are becoming shape-changers?" The white alicorn actually saw the humor of her request and a wry smile was on her snout. "Or any such things, really."

"But it was my brother, and he asked nicely." Twilight didn't like the implications of the conversation. "If you are going to ask me to spy on my brother, well, I don't think that is very friendly."


"And then she finally relented. We think our sister needed to vent." Luna sat beside Twilight, having decided on joining her peer in visiting the Crystal Empire. "But enough of that, how are your new citizens settling in? We had such trouble getting our thestrals integrated."

Shining, now looking every bit the changeling, smiled and showed off the fangs that had reached their full and impressive size. What was odder for the dark alicorn was the changelings, openly undisguised, serving them and apparently fitting in amazingly well in the city and castle.

"It was touch and go for a while, but when everypony realized there was no need to fear them, that they just wanted what everypony wants, things calmed down." Cadance sampled some cake Twilight had brought with her. Celestia herself was said to order cake from Sugarcube Corner in Ponyville.

"And just what does everypony want?" Luna was genuinely interested in what answer the pair would give.

"To love, to be loved. To have the freedom to do both of those things. To not have to worry about being pushed around while doing it all." Shining tried some cake too, and although he really didn't need food, it was a 'bad habit'. Or so Careful had told him.

"Don't forget friendship!" Twilight smiled to her BBBFF. "Friendship is-"

Twilight was interrupted by a changeling bringing her another slice of cake. "Friendship is tasty." Nopony was immune to the giggles that resulted, particularly not Chrysalis, who had served the mare she thought once to be her enemy, but now… now she was the sister of her queen. And tasty.

Author's Note:

A giggle at the end, and a warm sentiment both. Still a bit open, but no story is ever fully told. There are beginnings, there are ends. This chapter could be both.

Support me on Patreon or fuel my writing on Ko-Fi!

Join me on Discord. Warning, said chat may contain NSFW material and should be considered adult in nature.

Awesome ponies who are already helping to keep me in keyboards and rum:
Canary in the coal mine
Daremo

Comments ( 67 )

Wasn't expecting it to be finished like 5 minutes after I read the apparently-second-to-last chapter.

Good story though, it brought many warm, tasty fuzzy feelings and amusement.

Well, I've seen far, far worse. :rainbowlaugh:

Good story. Perhaps not the creme of the crop, but still quite good and enjoyable nonetheless. Ya dun gud. :ajsmug:

Darn cute and nice. And very much the odd slice of life you chuckle and smile with. Its nice that you condensed this into its basest form and it was great for it.

this story is really good but and this is a big one just when the story is starting to roll super good it is over.

7271841 You really think his drones will let up from calling him Queen?

Eh, just blast him with the EoH or Rainbow Power. They fix everything conveniently.

But don't use the Crystal Heart, as it will likely blow him up because love destroys things! :trollestia:

Now I must cry in a corner because it finished. Needs a sequel

Hah, that could have been the title for this. "My Little Changeling: Friendship is Tasty."

Well I for one very much enjoyed this, it was fun and put a twist on things I have yet to read before.
Over all 9/10.
My only complaint is that the first few chapters felt rather jumbled, not poorly written, but just kinda all over the place.

she needed to touch-base with - she needed to touch-bases with

Where is Shining and Cadance? - Where are Shining and Cadance?

there was some… charades - there were some… charades

*****

Chrysalis and her the changlings are saved and thriving in their new home. Cadance even managed to put one over on Princess Celestia. All is well in Equestria! :twilightsmile:

7271997 Thanks! Also, "Touch Base" is the more common of the two phrasings. http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/21947/touch-base-vs-touch-bases

7272043
Ah, no worries then. I make no claims to perfection, that's reserved for alicorn princesses. :derpytongue2:

7272071 And Muffins!

nice one, wouldn't mind reading more

also, I almost forgot the word mind, that would have been a funny misunderstanding

NED READ MORE DO YES NOW :pinkiehappy:

Flustered Celestia is best preventative to Trollestia.
Keep going! ;)

I would honestly like to see a sequel to this, maybe how Cadance and Shiny integrate their swarm with the rest of Equestria.

nice job it was very interesting to see them go threw that CHANGE in there life

I really liked this. Very cute and would love to see a sequel. (Especially since Chrysalis actually gets a redemption in this one, and not just killed off! *Shameless QC fan hehehe*.)

There seems to be a lot of calls for a sequel, as well as calls for something more serious and in-depth. My thought at the moment is to combine the two and make a sequel that is less light-hearted and more focused on the ponies exploring this change in their lives.

7274498 That was a pun I took to a contest, you know. I took nearly a full dozen in the hopes of winning first or second, but no pun-in-ten-did.

Good story overall! I liked how it ended too being lighthearted and nice! And now the horses are chanting. Can you hear them?

SEQUAL SEQUAL SEQUAL SEQUAL!!!

Nothing wrong with the ending in plot terms, but wow, did you have a massive drop in writing quality in he last chapter there. More grammar issues, half-sentence and misplaced commas than in the entire rest of it combined.

I really enjoyed this story. It just makes me smile so much!

Was a bit disappointed this didn't involve body horror, but it was a nice little read nonetheless. Certainly nothing extraordinary, but not bad either.

7283133 I don't know...

I enjoyed this, I liked the twists that happened and the interesting turn arounds in the end... The ending I think was well done. Later on you could make more, or just leave it as it is. But in the end I enjoyed the story, it was light hearted and fun. At least to me it was.:pinkiehappy:

7307525 Thanks! I really adore Her Bugginess, even with all her flaws and mistakes. Chrysalis, you silly mare, you attacked Canterlot, but you invaded our hearts. :heart:

Okay, read this one. I must, say it's a good read.I'd say - 8/10.

It's a new, pacyfistic perspective on the changeling genere that ussually is gritty or black in some way. Here you don't experience it, it's only candy. Good-written, well-executed and new candy.

But it isn't an 11/10 just as it has it's drawbacks. I didn't like how it feels a bit too quick and too simple. I can understand it's somewhat a oneshot but the story does feel like something worthy of a longer fic. The short scale also takes a toll on the story, as the interlude chapters are something entirely diffrent from what I'm used to and the story begins without any beggining chapter or anything like that. You start off with the crazy situation already in progress.

My only regret: Why couldn't Chryssy become a third Queen of the Hive?

7307544 Chryssie's my favourite mlp character and this was a fun take on redeeming her. I liked it.

7354939 Glad you liked it! I have had fun with a few different 'Aspects of Chrysalis' stories. Basically going over different motives, different mindsets. This one was 'revenge', I have also done wrath in Given Shape, stupidity in An Alicorn Secret, and of course nice Chrysi in Living the Lie. Uh, warning though, Given Shape is very adult in nature, hence the M rating.

7355208 I am considering reading Given Shape, but wondering if anything too horrible happens to Chryssie, I tend to avoid stories where it does. >.>

7355306 I will PM you a spoiler for her story, it will be up to you if you want to read it or not.

To be honest, I loved the whole story, but the ending was...not really all that good in my view. It was just too sudden and it felt as if there were still more going on and things unsolved...I'm not liking this ending :unsuresweetie:

7383836
...and apparently they did. Just not in the way I thought they would. :facehoof:

Good story. Time to find another one. :rainbowdetermined2:(\

7387083 Thanks, and good luck! :pinkiehappy: /)

7396964 You can bet it will be in Flurry's! :pinkiehappy:

Aw, this was a nice heaping helping of the feels. :twilightsmile:

I almost feel bad for Chryssi, but in the end she's got all the love she could ever want and a huge weight off her withers. :pinkiesmile:

7398464 Well, her invasion of Canterlot worked. Why did she attack?

Shining woke one day with a hole in his hoof that he thought must mean he was turning into a cherngelerng!

However... it turned out to be MRSA instead... he lost the leg. :fluttershbad:

7410377 Oh noez! Welp, can't have a horse with one bad leg, off to the glue factory, Shiny. :rainbowlaugh:

7410487 Krastos will be pleased... :pinkiecrazy:

7411332 The Gluemaker... :pinkiecrazy:

7450866 But... reduced rum expenditure means there is less rum and when there is less rum... the rum is gone... :pinkiesad2: :pinkiesad2:

A fun ending xD

7497137 Ultimately, we are a product of our history. Chrysalis was raised in a hive, thinking that hive way was the only way.

That 349 likes has now become 350 likes.

7589985 *sends Pinkie Pie to throw you a party* :pinkiehappy:

Thank you! :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment