• Published 23rd May 2016
  • 1,092 Views, 10 Comments

After Diner Confrontation - TheCrimsonDM



What happened after Trixie and Starlight's show? Well Twilight dragged the pair back to Celestia to try and fix things. Trixie's biggest mistake comes out.

  • ...
10
 10
 1,092

See No Evil

After Dinner Conflict

See No Evil

“How dare she come into my castle, with my pupil, and act all like she was the hurt pony. You know what? I think she was lying about everything!” Twilight said. The bar table did not make a good pillow, but she was too drunk to care.

“Why would she do that?” Celestia asked, a glass of scotch floated next to her.

“Because she wants to destroy my reputation, that’s what!” Twilight cried.

Celestia sat next to her sipping gingerly at her glass. “I don’t believe she had intended any harm.”

“She is a villain!” Twilight shook her head. “Villains can’t… it’s not fair.”

Celestia smiled. “Oh really?”

“No it’s not. I’m the princess of friendship, and she’s just a pony that came to town and, and, did bad stuff!”

“Did your pupil not do the same?”

Twilight shot her a dirty look. “I didn’t have a choice. Starlight’s more powerful than m- ugh, she’s not a bad pony.”

“And what about Trixie?”

“She’s…” Twilight raised her head, found her bottle and put her lips to it. She drank greedily from it before setting it back down. “I hate being an alicorn. It’s harder to get drunk now.”

“That’s because you’re bigger.”

“Also because of her, you’re mad at me.”

“I’m… well yes, I am upset with you. I don’t think you understand how little free time I get. This was the first night off I had to myself in a month. I could have had a massage, or eaten an entire cake, or had wild crazy sex. Instead I spent it with you, because I wanted to see how well you were doing now that you’re a mentor.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Just promise you’ll make it up to me in the future and I will forgive you.”

“Done…” Twilight let out a sigh. “Trixie isn’t a bad pony, is she?”

Celestia wrapped a wing around Twilight. “What’s really going on?”

Twilight laid her head down again in shame. “I keep screwing up.”

“Like the time you sold Fluttershy into slavery?” Celestia reminded her.

“Why do you remind me of that every single time I mess up. You know that was a mistake.”

“Because you need to be reminded of the power you hold. Besides you apologized.”

Twilight shook her head. “I gave away ten percent of my income to her next fundraiser annomanlous… anal… uh… anomom… in secret.”

“Well that’s one way to make up for it. Though I don’t think secrecy in this case would be a good idea.”

Twilight stared at her bottle of scotch with tired eyes. “Did I mess up again?”

“Only you can answer that.”

“I’m gonna make up for it.” Twilight pushed herself off the stool and nearly collapsed. It took a moment but she figured out how to walk, or sort of stumble in the correct direction.

“Good luck.”

Twilight didn’t need her luck, her luck stunk. She made her way alone down the long corridors. All the doors looked the exact same. Several times she got the wrong door. When she did finally get the right door she smiled at the two unicorns lying on the bed. Starlight was holding Trixie. They were both sound asleep.

Twilight shuffled into the room, and once she got the foot of the bed she stuck her hooves over it. “Hey!”

Starlight’s eyes opened at once and her horn flashed green. The lights came on and blinded Twilight for a brief instance. “T-Twilight? What time is it?”

“It’s late-o-clock.” Twilight replied as she tried to hide her eyes from the light.

Trixie stirred and stared at her with sad eyes. “What, are you going to make fun of Trixie while she sleeps now too?”

“Tricky, I am sooo sorry,” Twilight said. She leaned forward. “I just didn’t want to admit that I was wrong again, or that I missed out on a friendship problem. So I attacked you. I’m sorry.”

Trixie frowned. “I was an awful pony, and I did awful things. You don’t need to apologize.”

“N-no, I need to. You are my pupil’s best friend. Please forgive me.”

Trixie closed her eyes. “Go to sleep, your drunk.”

“Not until I make it up to you.”

“Then go to sleep and you’re forgiven,” Trixie said.

Twilight sat down. “That was easy… too easy.”

Starlight growled. “Twilight you smell like booze… and… is your horn limp?”

Twilight prodded her horn, it was slightly limp. “HA! I got whisky horn! And I drank scotch…”

“Twilight, thanks for apologizing but you need to go to sleep,” Starlight said.

Twilight shook her head. “Tell me how to make up for this first. Then I’ll leave you alone and never ever bother you again.”

Trixie groaned. “Fine! Promise to help make Trixie super famous and you can leave.”

Twilight smiled. “Done! A princess can make you as famous as you want to be. I’ll just tell everypony how good your show is, even if that’s a lie.”

“Twilight!” Starlight cried. “What the Tartarus?”

“What? I don’t like magic shows. I’m like Applerack in that uh, Applejack in that way.”

“So, that doesn’t make her show bad.”

“No, I mean the lie is that I liked it.”

“Darn it, Twilight.”

“It’s a good show,” Twilight said. “I just don’t like magic shows. I can do all of that stuff and really good too.”

Trixie pulled the pillow over her head. “Starlight, I just want to go back to sleep please.”

Starlight’s horn lit up. “You can make up for it when you’re not drunk.”

Twilight opened her mouth to reply, but the world flashed green and she blinked. Suddenly she found herself sitting in her bedroom. Twilight went over to the writing desk. If she wasn’t going to be allowed to help now, she would just have to remind herself to help tomorrow. She grabbed a piece of paper, and a quill. Her horn simply refused to function so she used her mouth to write out a letter to herself.

After she was done, she smiled at it. Then she flopped over the desk and fell asleep.

***

Painful morning rays of sunlight shone through Twilight’s bedroom’s window. She tried to hide away from it. The room smelled horrible. She spent nearly a minute trying to figure out what could smell so awful before realizing the sad truth. I stink.

Twilight looked into the mirror, her eyes were bloodshot and half of her face was covered in ink. Shame filled her chest as she realized she had done it yet again. She’d completely submerged herself into the drink. She shook herself and used a damp rag to wash her face with. It didn’t get all the ink out of her fur, but it did a lot of good. Then she returned her attention to the table with the letter she’d written.

“Oh, great, what did I wrought this time?” Twilight walked over and read it.

Dear me, that’s you Twilight Sparkle in case you didn’t know.

Anyway, Trixie tried to commit suicide yesterday and it’s all your fault. You got drunk to try and runaway from the responsibility, but you also hurt her feelings. So you need to make it up to her by making her famous. Now I’m going to bed, good luck future me.”

Twilight cringed. I am a terrible drunk.

She looked back toward the door. “I really bucked up this time, didn’t I?”

She had no idea how to fix what happened. It was because of her that Trixie had lost her ability to become the famous magician she always wanted to be. Or at least she was beginning to think that was the case. She couldn’t help but to beat herself up for not having reached out and offering a helping hoof in the past, not when she so clearly needed to do so. Last night, last night she had said some awful things to Trixie in the heat of passion.

“Even if Trixie was lying about the suicide, which I don’t think she was, I shouldn’t have said that stuff to her.” Twilight walked to the bedroom door and opened it. “I guess I’ll have to make up for this… somehow.”

It only took a few minutes and a bit of magic to create the most lavish breakfast she had ever created. Of course when she checked on the bar, she found a sleeping alicorn princess lying on the floor. A small army of empty bottles surrounded her.

For a brief moment Twilight was angry. She drank way too much of my scotch!

She pushed the feeling down and left Celestia there. It was probably not good to be angry over a few bottles of scotch, not when she could very easily buy more. So she went into the dining room and finished up preparations. After that was done she teleported herself into Starlight’s room.

With her best Pinkie Pie impression, Twilight called out, “Good morning sleepy heads! I made breakfast!”

Starlight jumped up again. “Twilight! Darn it! Can’t we get some sleep?”

Trixie stirred next to her. “Did she mention breakfast?”

Starlight swallowed. “You made breakfast?”

There was an unmistakable rumbling from Trixie’s belly. Twilight was delighted to hear that her offer may be even more tempting then before. It might have been an easy olive branch, but hopefully it would start to repair some of the hurt Twilight caused.

Trixie pushed herself up. “I’ll eat.”


Starlight shrugged. “I’ll come too I guess.”

Twilight was delighted. She didn’t even wait for them to fully get out of bed before teleporting all three of them into the dining room. Starlight and Trixie hit the floor, the blanket fell over their heads as Twilight trotted to her side of the table.

“Okay everypony, let’s eat!”

Only after they sat down and got some breakfast in them did Twilight decide to repair things. “So, uh, last night I was kinda cranky.”

“Twilight, you were downright evil,” Starlight said.

Trixie nodded. “I agree, you had become quite the little villain last night. Trying to emulate your betters?”

Twilight frowned. “I was wrong. I’m sorry. I promise that I’ll make it up. You wanted something to do with your show right?”

“The great and powerful Trixie has changed her mind about her request,” Trixie said while sticking her muzzle in the air.

“Oh, what do you want?” Twilight asked. She was beginning to suspect it was something bad.

“I want to be an alicorn princess!” Trixie declared.

Twilight’s jaw dropped. “You… what?”

“You heard Trixie.” Trixie smiled slyly. “In fact it is not really a different request. I asked to be famous, and what would make me more famous than that?”

“I could also just slaughter your reputation across Equestria to get the same result,” Twilight hissed under her breath.

Trixie leaned back and threw a leg over her eyes. “Oh dear me! How could you ever be so mean twice in a row? I thought you were supposed to be nice. But alas I am doomed to be crushed under your oppressive hoof.”

“I am not turning you into an alicorn!” Twilight demanded.

Starlight stood up. “If you turn her into an alicorn, I want to be one too!”

Twilight blinked. “What? But, I’m not turning either of you into alicorns!”

Starlight narrowed her eyes. “Oh I see. Playing favorites because you hurt her feelings? That’s just fine. I’ll just watch as you turn my best friend into an alicorn princess and leave me behind in the dust. I guess I can say that I’m friends with two princesses but that hardly seems fair, it doesn’t seem equal.”

What the Tartarus is going on? Twilight shook her head. Confusion and anger fought for control over her heart. “Neither of you are becoming alicorns!” Why would they ask this of me now? I just wanted to make up for treating Trixie… holy crap!

“So when do I get my wings? Or does the crown come first?” Trixie asked.

“You evil, conniving, manipulative, arrogant, stuck up, talentless HACK!” Twilight screamed. “You did lie last night! The whole thing was a lie to make me feel bad so that I could turn you into a princess. In fact I’d go so far as to guess that you even used my pupil to get to me. The whole suicide thing was a shame!”

Trixie flinched away. “Twilight-“

“No! No more Twilight! I am going to go all Celestia on you this time!”

Starlight rose to her hooves. “It was a joke!”

Twilight gave her a sour look. “What?”

“I told her that we could get some revenge if we played a joke on you, pretending to want to become alicorn princesses,” Starlight admitted.

Trixie looked down at her plate. “I’m full.”

Starlight gave her friend a look that Twilight couldn’t decipher. “I’m so sorry this backfired.”

Twilight sunk into her chair. “A joke? Are you serious?”

“Yes I am. And you just called Trixie some horrible things all over again.”

Trixie pushed away from the table. “Trixie will not sit here and be berated by an overblown princess and her stuffy attitude.” She turned around and walked away. “Trixie would very much like it if you never talk to her again, Twilight Sparkle.”

Starlight moved away from the table and followed her. “Trixie, it’ll be okay. She’s just upset, I’m sure that we can fix this.”

Twilight watched them walk away, a migraine was forming in her head. Darn it, between last night’s drinking, and my constant screw ups, this whole situation is falling apart.

Twilight hit the table with a hoof. “UGH! What am I supposed to do? That joke was just awful, and now I over reacted again. It’s like that Discord thing all over again.”

“That’s what happens when you try to tackle the wrong problem,” Celestia said from the doorway.

Twilight looked at her with pleading eyes. “What should I do?”

“Figure out what the real problem is and then work from there. I can’t tell you what the problem is, but I think I can tell you what it’s not. I don’t think Trixie wants to be famous anymore than she wants your apology.”

“Then what the hay am I supposed to do?”

Celestia simply smiled. “Isn’t that what the princess of friendship is supposed to figure out?”

Comments ( 5 )

Yeah, I don't think you fixed the problems that I had with Twilight's personilty in the first chapter. She still seems far too whiny for me to take this story seriously and to just peg Trixie as a villain makes her seem OOC. Like Icecreammac said, it seems to me you're taking the Draco in Leather Pants route here with Trixie and giving Twilight the Ron the Death Eater treatment. I know this sounds harsh, but this story is not going to be going in my faves anytime soon.

7257614 Could this story even wind up with the dishonor of getting a spot in "Rage Reviews"?

7257660 I dunno, it might. I'm not a member so I wouldn't know. I generally don't assume things either.

Looks like Trixie is going into Manticore therapy again.

Login or register to comment