• Published 28th May 2016
  • 4,568 Views, 663 Comments

Pony Postscripts - MythrilMoth



Short postscript scenes intended to address loose plot threads, discuss endings, and so forth from various episodes of the show.

  • ...
31
 663
 4,568

PreviousChapters
Shampoo Blues...? (EG: "Monday Blues") (Guest writer DrakeyC)

Author's Note:

(This entry written by DrakeyC.)

Applejack finished drying her hands with a towel and pulled open the door to the bathroom. “So, Sunset.”

The girl in question raised her head from where the group was clustered around the TV in her apartment. “Yes?”

“Um…” Applejack jerked a thumb over her shoulder. “That bottle on the shelf beside your mirror.”

“Oh, my shampoo? What about it?”

Applejack scrunched her face. “It said ‘Mane ‘n Tail'.”

Everyone stopped and looked at Sunset. Sitting at the back of the group from the TV, Sunset just nodded. “Yeah, that’s the brand I use.”

Rarity reached for the remote and paused the TV. Twilight coughed lightly to get Sunset’s attention. “Isn’t that a shampoo for horses?”

“Yeah, it is,” Applejack confirmed.

“So?” Sunset shrugged. “It works really well.”

“But…” Rarity shook her head. “It’s a horse shampoo. For horses.”

Sunset rolled her eyes. “Yes, we already established that.”

Suddenly Rainbow burst out laughing and fell on her back, kicking her feet. “That is so awesome! What, do you keep a salt lick in your fridge, too?”

“No!” Sunset snapped. “What’s the big deal?”

“The big deal is that you use horse shampoo!”

“And it works!” Sunset sniffed and tossed her hair. “Look at this! I don’t have any tangles, my hair can hold its curls great, and it shines like glass.” She held up her hair and let the strands stream from her fingers to demonstrate, the light glistening off of them. “I think you’re just jealous that your hair is a mess of split ends and knots.”

“Yeah, right.” Rainbow snorted.

“Where do you procure this shampoo?” Rarity asked.

“Order it online, cheaper than in-store.”

“Hm…” Rarity pulled out her phone and began tapping through it.

Applejack gaped “Rarity!”

“I’m sorry, darling, but the hair compelled me. Really, what do I have to lose?”

“Your dignity.”

“I’m with Sunset,” Pinkie chirped up. “Lots of people wash their hair with weird things, so what?”

Everyone turned to stare at her. Twilight sighed. “I know I’m going to regret asking…”

“Liquid sugar!” Pinkie said brightly.

Sunset raised an eyebrow. “That explains so much.”

“Yup!”

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 28 )

“Liquid sugar!” Pinkie said brightly.

Of course. Why am I not surprised?

Hey Mythril, if you see this, I think you should do a chapter about Twilight's Kingdom.
Why did Princesses Celestia, Luna and Cadence not destroy the Princess Twilight Sparkle stained glass window? They did not want Tirek to find her (since she had all their magic, and was instructed to hide), and yet they left a BIG DAMNING CLUE RIGHT OUTSIDE.

I want to see what excuse you could come up with for that one.

Oh, and although you've already covered Dragonshy, I have to wonder why Rainbow Dash ever thought it'd be a good idea to pick on Fluttershy for her weak flying and timidity - when she previously protected the yellow pegasus from bullies back in their foalhood who did basically the same thing. And I'd like something other than "Oh, because The Cutie Mark Chronicles occurred 16 episodes later, and that backstory wasn't introduced until then, and thus it's an example of later canon contradicting earlier canon" - I'd like an actual in-universe reason Rainbow became those she once guarded against.

These two things never made sense to me.

Whatever work she for someone. So are you going to do chapters for all the others shorts too? I'd like to see how those would go.

8355005
Notice how I'm not the one who wrote this one? :rainbowwild:

8355021
Take off your quibble pants, dude, you're dribbing quibble all over my nice clean floor.

The hard part is washing all the syrup out of Pinkie's hammerspace. And taking out all the stuff in there beforehand.

My grandparents used horse liniment for joint and muscle pain, so using Horse Shampoo aint all that weird.

To be honest, it is pretty good shampoo. Used it a few times myself!

8354940 With Pinkie Pie human or pony, always expect the unexpected.

Yeah, I've used Mane 'n Tail before and it worked nicely.

Comment posted by Wysteria deleted Aug 9th, 2017

Another "for animals" product that people use regularly: Udder Cream.

:duck: "Darling, I understand the shampoo, but why is it you insist on eating out of a trough?"

:rainbowwild: "Shut up, Rarity. Let her eat out of the trough. The view's great from here!"

:ajbemused: "..."

:fluttershyouch: "Oh my..."

“Um…” Applejack jerked a thumb over her shoulder. “That bottle on the shelf beside your mirror.”

Applejack scrunched her face. “It said ‘Mane ‘n Tail'.”

Did it really? I mean, I just watched the short and I can't read anything on it.
Did I miss it or Drakey made it up? I mean, it's still funny but it's driving me nuts.

8355679
It's a thing a lot of people noticed, that the label on the bottle looked exactly like the label for Mane N' Tail.

Some people have found benefit in using eggs on their hair. (Those who intend to try this, search for instructions first.)

At least this is still a shampoo.

“That explains so much.”

It does, It really does.

8356308
Thanks. Also...
Dang, she looks good and she knows it.

8355011
My thoughts exactly. True, what Starlight did was horrible, but like I said, no lasting harm was done, and they've forgiven freakin' DISCORD for far worse. Seriously, what was so bad about how it happened in the show, with them forgiving Starlight and not being a bunch of bitches about it? Was it THAT offensive to so many viewers like the author, or are they completely unable to comprehend that people can find it in themselves to forgive?

Does this mean Pinkie's hair is Cotton candy?

8375376
Either way, I'm still gonna use it.

8474312

Thought so I was mistaken. Sorry, but I never listen to or have knowledge to have listen any song from Led Zeppelin.

8492133
...and suddenly, I don't blame Rainbow in the slightest.

9021633
That never happened. In Canon. ACTUAL canon. Twilight using her full power. Is tanking her.

Hell in actual canon in Celestial Guidance Twilight is shown having the fear of Starlight destroying all reality via magical black hole.

So yeah. Canon. Stop bringing fanon into it.

9021633

being taught by the show's biggest villain

What the hell are you talking about?

Continue please

More please.

Login or register to comment