• Published 28th May 2016
  • 4,568 Views, 663 Comments

Pony Postscripts - MythrilMoth



Short postscript scenes intended to address loose plot threads, discuss endings, and so forth from various episodes of the show.

  • ...
31
 663
 4,568

PreviousChapters Next
Even Stranger Still [S6: "Stranger Than Fanfiction"]

The morning after she returned from the convention, Rainbow made her rounds around Ponyville, distributing souvenirs. Her last stop was Twilight's castle.

"Hey Twilight," she called out as she entered the throne room, where Twilight and Starlight were reading some dusty old magic books.

"Oh! Hi, Rainbow Dash!" Twilight called. "How was the convention?"

"It was AWESOME!" Rainbow cried. Then, remembering how crestfallen Twilight was at having to miss it, she amended, "It was a'ight. Kinda got into a scrape with..." She paused, then glanced at Starlight. She shook her head. "Our, y'know, friend."

Twilight rolled her eyes. "Starlight knows," she said. "I told her."

"Oh." Rainbow blinked. "Isn't that kinda...breaking a promise?"

Twilight shrugged. "Starlight's one of us now, I think she can be trusted. So what was that about Daring?"

"Oh! Right. Well, it turns out she was only at the convention because she was in the middle of an adventure and Caballeron was hot on her tail."

"So she decided to blend in with the Daring Do cosplayers?" Twilight said. "Smart."

"Yeah, well...it didn't turn out that way," Rainbow said. "Caballeron and his goons kidnapped me and this dude I met at the convention, we got into this zany adventure, ended up trapped in an ancient temple, nearly got eaten by a crocodile monster..."

Twilight's ears wilted. "I missed out on a real-life Daring Do adventure?"

"Eh, you're better off," Rainbow said. "You didn't have to listen to Quibble Pants' constant complaining. And he wouldn't stop rambling all the way back to the hotel!"

"Quibble Pants?" Starlight asked.

"The dude I met that got kidnapped with me. He's...kind of an annoying Daring Do fan. I mean, he's alright and all, but he never shuts up and he's kind of a know-it-all. Even more than Twilight!"

Twilight blinked. "Gee, thanks," she muttered sourly.

"So how was Griffonstone?" Rainbow asked. "Did you see Gilda?"

Twilight brightened. "Actually, yes I did! The Griffons have sort of made her their leader. She's rallied them and is leading them in rebuilding Griffonstone." She smiled. "Princess Celestia thinks it's only a matter of time before they decide to make Gilda the new Queen of the Griffons."

"That sounds pretty awesome," Rainbow said. "Sounds like a lotta hard work, though. Hey, maybe I should write her a letter when I get home."

"Good thinking."

"Oh hey, I got you something," Rainbow said. Nosing around in her saddlebag, she pulled out a flat cellophane bag.

Twilight took it in her magic and examined it. On the front was a depiction of Daring Do in a rather compromising position. Twilight blinked, tilting her head. "Is this...is this a donkeymakura?"

"Yeah!" Rainbow said. "They had a couple different ones. Some of 'em were kinda..." She shuddered. "Creepy. But this one's awesome! I got one for you, one for me..."

"Umm...thanks," Twilight said, setting it aside gently. Starlight examined it and made a disturbed face. "So, what else did you—"

The throne room doors opened, and a dark orange stallion with a grey-streaked dark mane walked in. "Really? You have this huge gigantic castle and no guards? Ever hear of security? What if assassins were to come in? Or stalkers? Or—"

Rainbow's ears and wings drooped. "Quibble! You're...here. In...Ponyville."

"It's on my way home, so I decided to drop by," Quibble said. He looked around. "Well, if this isn't just the biggest, shiniest, gaudiest waste of taxpayer money..."

"Actually, it grew out of a seed from the Tree of Harmony," Twilight said. "So it didn't cost anypony anything." She frowned. "I'm sorry, you are...?"

"Quibble Pants," Quibble said. "I met Rainbow Dash at the Daring Do convention. A unicorn in town said she was headed this way and was a friend of the princess." He tilted his head. "Which...would be you. Huh. You're...not what I pictured."

Twilight blinked. "I'm not?"

"Well...you're a princess, right? You should be, you know..." He waved a hoof vaguely. "Well, for starters, you're not even wearing a crown! I mean, every time you see Princess Celestia, she's got the crown, the peytral, the golden horseshoes...and Princess Luna! Now there's a mare who knows how to look regal! But you, well..." He frowned. "If I didn't see the wings, I honestly wouldn't have even thought you were an alicorn."

"Uh-huh."

"Don't pay any attention to him," Rainbow said, dragging a hoof down her face. "He's always like this."

"And what are you even the princess of?" Quibble went on. "I mean, heh, Princess of Friendship? How can you rule over Friendship? Do you run this town when you're not, aheheh, 'ruling' friendship? And another thing, why is your castle so close to Canterlot? It seems to me that it'd be a better use of royal resources to have you out somewhere in western Equestria, you know, farther away from the capital? That way..."

"Uuuuuuugh," Twilight groaned, sinking below the Cutie Map, eyes half-lidded.

Starlight Glimmer just produced some freshly popped popcorn out of nowhere and kicked back, an amused smirk on her face.

PreviousChapters Next