• Published 28th May 2016
  • 4,569 Views, 663 Comments

Pony Postscripts - MythrilMoth



Short postscript scenes intended to address loose plot threads, discuss endings, and so forth from various episodes of the show.

  • ...
31
 663
 4,569

PreviousChapters Next
The Fence is Mended, but the Gate is Still a Little Squeaky [S5: "Amending Fences"]

Long after the party was over, Twilight Sparkle was sharing a quiet moment with her rediscovered friend at her old tower home, which she had decided to ask Moondancer to take ownership of permanently.

"But you know," Moondancer said as she surveyed her new collection, "it still kinda hurts that I gave you a book as a gift and you just left it behind like that."

Twilight grimaced. "Yeah...the thing is, my leaving Canterlot happened kinda...fast. I mean, Princess Celestia sent me to Ponyville to check up on the Summer Sun Celebration preparations, then Nightmare Moon returned, then I bonded with a bunch of crazy mares, then we found the Elements of Harmony, then we defeated Nightmare Moon, then Celestia assigned me to live in Ponyville..." Twilight shrugged. "So much changed in my life so fast, it just honestly didn't even occur to me to come back to Canterlot and rummage through my stuff. When Celestia sent a few boxes of my personal effects from Canterlot, I didn't think to ask her to inventory everything I had in the tower here."

Moondancer frowned. "Okay, I guess that makes sense."

"Anyway, it's...probably a good thing I left it behind," Twilight said, bowing her head. "If I'd taken it with me to Ponyville, it probably would've been destroyed. I lost almost everything I owned when Tirek burned down the Golden Oak Library."

Moondancer blinked. "Oh," she said softly. "I'm...sorry, Twilight." She looked away. "I can't...I can't even imagine that."

"Yeah," Twilight said. "I mean, most of the books in the library weren't original editions or anything, I only had a few irreplacable volumes, and most of those survived because I kept them in the basement, but I lost some books I hadn't finished reading yet, and...well..." Twilight sighed. "I lost a lot of things that had sentimental value. Mostly photo albums and scrapbooks, keepsakes from adventures and fun times I've had with my friends, not to mention Spike's entire comic book collection and, well...everything he owned that wasn't a gemstone, basically."

Moondancer's ears pinned back. "That's...that's awful," she said. She bowed her head. "I was...at the library when Tirek attacked. I remember how it felt after he drained my magic, but..." She sighed. "Honestly? Even when I got my magic back, I..." She shook her head. "I barely even use my magic anymore. I just...spend all my time studying." She sighed. "For me, Tirek was a minor annoyance more than anything...I guess I never stopped to think how much damage he really did." She looked around, flicking an ear. "Are you sure you want to just give me your old tower? I mean, it sounds like you've lost so much already..."

"Well, I've gained more than I've lost," Twilight said. "And there are things you can't lose so easily. Friendships, memories, the love of the ponies closest to you..." She smiled hopefully. "And sometimes, if you look hard enough, you find something you lost that you never knew was missing in the first place."

Moondancer chuckled softly. "Yeah," she agreed.

Twilight smirked. "I think I will take that book you gave me back to Ponyville with me. It'll be a good addition to my new library, and it'll be a constant reminder to keep in touch."

Moondancer smiled. "Yeah, keeping in touch sounds good." She paused, then added, "So wait...you lived in a library?"

Twilight giggled. "Yeah," she said. She sighed. "Lotta good memories of that library..."

"Oh, sorry...didn't mean to upset you."

Twilight waved a hoof. "I'm getting over it and moving on. My friends have been working hard to help my new castle feel more like a home. It's still taking some getting used to, though."

Moondancer raised an eyebrow. "Castle? You have a castle?"

Twilight grinned...

* * * * *

Moondancer stared through the telescope in the observatory. "Wow," she said. "It's...really bright."

"I know, right?" Twilight said. "It takes some getting used to."

"How long did it take to...I mean..." Moondancer looked back at Twilight. "They were working on that before Tirek, right?"

Twilight shook her head. "It grew out of a seed from the Tree of Harmony. I'll tell you the whole story one day."

Moondancer blinked. "The Tree of Harmony is real? I thought it was just an obscure legend."

"It's real," Twilight said. "I'm surprised you've even heard of it."

"I've read every obscure legend dating back to the founding of Equestria," Moondancer said, pushing up her glasses. "Even so, I've only seen the Tree of Harmony mentioned in one book."

"Well, if you ever come down to Ponyville, I'll show it to you," Twilight said with a smile.

Moondancer tilted her head. "I...I'll think about it." She looked at the distant castle again, then down at Ponyville. "It's so...different from Canterlot."

"It sure is," Twilight agreed fondly. "I can't think of anyplace I'd rather live." She sighed and stretched her wings. "Well, I hate to just take off on you, but I do need to get back. I'm supposed to meet my friend Rarity in two hours for our weekly spa date, and she hates to be kept waiting." She paused, tilting her head. "You know, Moondancer...you could probably use a spa treatment. You should talk to Minuette and the girls, see if they're up for it."

Moondancer frowned. "What's that supposed to mean, I could use a spa treatment?"

"Well, it's just...a little pampering and some time in the steam room can make you feel like a new pony, you know?" Twilight smiled. "And maybe you could update your look a little."

Moondancer's muzzle crinkled. "What's wrong with my look?"

"Nothing!" Twilight said hastily. "It's just...you have such a pretty mane, it could use some TLC and maybe a little restyling, and...well..." She raised a hoof. "Don't take this the wrong way, but your eyebrows..."

Moondancer narrowed her eyes. "My eyebrows?"

Twilight sheepishly conjured a mirror and held it up for Moondancer. "They're not really your best feature," she said quietly.

Moondancer stared at her reflection, blinked twice, and wrinkled her nose. "I...guess they could use a trim," she said.

"I'm not trying to change you or anything," Twilight said hastily. "I just think...well, spending time relaxing at the spa with friends, getting a little makeover...it always does wonders for me! And it's fun!"

Moondancer smiled. "Fun, huh? I'll...I'll think about it."

"Great!" Twilight clapped her hooves. "I'll write you in a couple of days! Think about taking a trip to Ponyville soon, okay?" With that, she took off into the morning sky, headed for the giant crystal castle in the valley below.

Watching her go, Moondancer smirked. "Yeah...we might be friends again, Twilight, but I think I'll take this whole being-around-other-ponies thing one step at a time, and getting my eyebrows plucked and trimmed sounds a bit too much for my comfort." As she turned to descend the steps into the tower, she paused and reached up a hoof to run it through her shaggy eyebrows. She frowned. "Well...maybe."

PreviousChapters Next