• Published 23rd May 2016
  • 718 Views, 12 Comments

Equestria Crossover Confusion 2 HFC- It's time to get Digital! - Garfield23



Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are selected for Beerus' next challenge. This one takes them to an alternate world plagued by destruction and doom, they'll have three weeks to save the world and return safe but with such odds. Can they?

  • ...
 12
 718

Chapter 6- Darkest Before The Dawn

“Pull back! Follow us!” Flamedramon declared as he launched another burning fire rocket directed at one of the Tankmon and the attack struck pushing the tank like monster back. The group turned and ran for the cover of the rocks nearby but then disaster struck, the Devidramon suddenly used their terrifying eyes and one poor soul turned gazing up into the eyes that soon had the victim paralysed “NO! Don’t look into it’s eyes!” Flamedramon yelled in horror but it was too late.

Pinkie turned to check who the victim was and burst into tears “Micky!” Michelangelo stood his body consumed by the paralysing effects of the Devidramon, Pinkie was just outside the range and so were Michelangelo’s brothers but as they looked on in horror. One of the Ladydevimon dropped from the heavens “Leave him alone”

“Micky! Wake up!” Raph yelled as Kakashi and the others held the other three turtles back “Micky! Micky! Fight! Fight please!” but then the Ladydevimon formed her claws into a dark spear and rammed it through Michelangelo’s stomach, the point coming out the other side coated in the blood of the turtle.

“NO! Let me go! Micky! NO!” Raph yelled tears dripping down his cheeks, splashing onto Kakashi’s jumper but at that moment, Pinkie burst forward and made straight for Micky’s fallen form on the ground.

“He can’t be dead! I owe him another game of knots and crosses!” Pinkie screamed the tears splashing down to the ground as she ran “He’s not dead!”

“No you fool! If you run over there you’ll be killed too!” Kudamon yelled in horror but at that moment Rukia grabbed Pinkie and pulled her away “Well done! Ninjamon cover our retreat!” Kudamon yelled as he looked into Rainbow’s eyes and whispered “We’ll lose more before this horrible war ends”

After the Ninjamon had formed a smoke screen large enough for the group to hide in, Rainbow looked down at Kudamon, her eyes heavy with doubt and despair “Yeah but it just feels like all we’ve done recently is say goodbye to friends, we only just met the turtles and what happens when Pinkie tries to be friends with two of them? One of them dies!” Rainbow snapped as tears leaked from her eyes “I can’t help but think that we’re bringing pain to those who don’t deserve it!” as she spoke she thought about the story Tai told them, Matt had come to Equestria and it had ruined the Digi Destined’s lives but then her head began to hurt as she tried to remember how Matt had died. She was certain that he and Gabumon had died but the question was how? “My head hurts”

“Oh, well we can’t stop now” Kudamon said gently as he looked at the Flamedramon who was walking just in front of them “So are you with Leomon’s group?”

“No, Davis wanted to get involved when he saw the fight. He is waiting with Yolei, Cody and Ken” Flamedramon explained as he smiled and added “So Renamon your looking well” there was a shocked glance from all the digimon present “What’s wrong?”

“Veemon?! But you should be dead?! Also Davis and the others too!” Kudamon said in shock “How did they survive?! I know that Cody died in Joe’s arms!” but then as they walked into the cave, they found themselves before a large metal door and a man walked out to meet them “Gennai! Is that you?!”

Gennai began to laugh as he said “Welcome to Station zero, we’ve been waiting for you to arrive for some time but because of Davis falling asleep at his post, we only found out you were there, after you got the eggs and we decided to help” Gennai turned to the non digimon guests and added “We didn’t expect such a wide variety of help to arrive like this”

“Um yeah well we didn’t know you were still alive!” Renamon snapped crossly as she stared daggers at Gennai “You never offered help to TK or the Digimon Resistance!” she then glowered at the base “I get the impression that one of our scouts was under your command! Otherwise they would have found this place!”

“Well not entirely, we have defences and illusions to keep away unfriendly eyes but your right. We had a contact within your group but we have to face reality….TK and the other digidestined are no longer that, they have betrayed they’re virtues. Tai no longer has a drop of courage in him and Sora’s capacity for love is nil” Gennai spoke coldly as he extended his hand and said “So I’ll require those Digieggs”

Rainbow growled “How dare you?! They’re not yours to take!” her chest glowed bright with the loyalty in her heart and she added “How dare you betray your friends?! TK and Tai have maintained their courage and hope but you turn your back on them?!”

“They abandoned they’re friends to death” Gennai said darkly as he reached for the egg in Rainbow’s hands “You have no right to deny us the eggs! Now surrender the eggs or else!” with these words Flamedramon and the other three seemed to grow unfriendly.

“Or else what?!” Rainbow said through grit teeth “You’ll fight us?”

“You’ll leave us with no alternative if you don’t hand them over” Shurimon said as he readied his weapons for a fight and added “You think we won’t? We’ve been fighting for too long now and we need to win. If you don’t, you’re not allies….your enemies “

Renamon jumped between Shurimon and Rainbow “You’re not getting those eggs! You got it?! I’ve watched too many friends destroy themselves with guilt!” Gatsumon joined her ready to fight as well “Watching Izzy and TK throw themselves into their work, reduced to nothing but husks of their former selves! Kari and Sora nearly driven insane by agents of the enemy! They need their eggs back!”

“Regardless, they’re fates have been decided!” Gennai said with anger clear upon his face.

“By who?!” Kudamon snarled “By some old coward who didn’t have the nerve to warn us about the Digimon Tyrants…if you had, we may have found a better way to fight back!”

“We have” a voice said from behind the door and Davis stepped out, he wasn’t the boy he had been, gone was the happy look his eyes had brought, instead his single eye looked out with anger mixed with pride. His right eye was gone, covered by a black eye patch but he also seemed to have lost a lot of weight “We discovered a new form of digivolution called DNA! We no longer need them!”

“Where’s your sense of loyalty?!” Rainbow snapped her heart began beating faster with fear as the chances of a fight breaking out increased but she then had an idea “What would it take to prove they are worthy?!”

Gennai raised an eyebrow and smiled “Hmm I suppose if they can get the eggs to hatch but they’re not who they were. I suppose they are worth that much but if they should fail….then all humans not in this base must surrender their digimon! Including you!” he pointed at Rainbow as he spoke but Rainbow smiled with confidence “Alright you have forty-eight hours….if not one of the eggs has hatched…they fail!”

“Understood” Kudamon said with a nervous smile to Rainbow “Could you get us back to the portal?”

“No need” Yolei said as she stepped out, time hadn’t been kind, her glasses were broken with many bits of tape holding them together, her hair was as messy as her glasses and her face bore many small scratches but the biggest change was the whiny tone her voice use to have, replaced by a voice that bore little joy or hope “We have access to a portal which will get you back”

“Oh thank you” Kakashi said as he turned to Kudamon “I’m going to remain here with Rukia, we’ll try to find the other eggs but we’ll be in contact. Let’s move, Rukia!” and with that the two departed but there were further departures.

Leonardo stepped forward and mumbled in a voice full of grief “We have to recover Mikey’s body…Splitter would want us to bury him” he said as he walked away “I’m sorry” the Ninjamon offered to guide them to which Leo merely mumbled “Thank you” the turtles followed the Ninjamon as Yolei set up one of the TVs to let Rainbow, Renamon, Pinkie, Gotsumon and Kudamon through the portal. Checkmate and Spyro opting to remain behind in case the turtles needed help.

“So why can’t we come in?” Rainbow asked annoyed.

“Because we don’t want you in our base” Davis snarled “Your wasting time, time we could be spending trying to think of ways to defeat the Digimon Tyrants but no, you have to waste it on those failures and ask us to be your friends?! Go to hell!” it was just as well when the portal was ready they were transported away.

“Did you get the eggs?!” Izzy asked as Rainbow held up one of the eggs, Pinkie held up the other and Renamon held the third but Izzy’s face fell “None of those are…Tentomon’s egg” Sora also sadly shook her head “I think that’s Gatomon’s egg, Agumon’s egg and Gomamon’s egg” he then added “We…we have some bad news…we found Joe outside while you guys were away…”

“He tried to kill himself! Thank god the rope he brought to hang himself snapped at the last moment!” Dorulumon said as he showed them to a bed with the shivering form of Joe “He’s in a bad way”

“Hopefully this egg will help” Renamon said as she stepped forward putting the egg into Joe’s hands “Come on, Joe…we need you” there was a bright flash and in Joe’s hands sat the small form of Pichimon, he turned to Joe with a smile but Joe didn’t react “Give him time, Pichimon”

Renamon soothed before the baby digimon burst into tears, as the tears disappeared from the baby digimon’s cheeks, it began to chirp at Joe and nuzzled Joe’s face.

“Gonamon?” Joe mumbled as he opened his eyes and looked down at Pichimon but the smile he wore was one unrivalled by the one Pichimon had as the two embraced in a hug “I....I’m so sorry” but the baby chirped annoyed by Joe’s stupid comment and then bit him on the finger “OW! Okay get it…I never thought I’d see you again but I let Cody die...I'm not worthy”

“Don’t talk like that” Izzy mumbled and added “We all failed him but we’re not going to fail anyone else….you understand Joe” the fires of hope suddenly burnt bright in the eyes of Sora and Izzy as they approached Joe, giving the small form of Pichimon a gentle stroke but then Izzy punched Joe in the arm “The time for feeling sorry for ourselves is at an end”

“Couldn’t have said better myself” a voice said from the computer, there stood TK and Tai both smiling at the sight of Pichimon but each seemed to have renewed believe. TK turned to Rainbow and Pinkie “Ever since you two arrived…hope truly has returned”

Tai smiled as Pinkie handed him his egg “Please, Agumon return to me” he mumbled as he hugged the egg and the egg opened a small mumbled purring coming from it “Botamon?” the baby digimon began to cry with its little eyes closing in shame “Shhh it’s okay your safe” the crying stopped and the baby jumped onto Tai’s shoulder snuggling up against his face “I’ve missed you too, old friend”

Kudamon coughed and said “We’d better get Kari here to open her egg. I’m just glad we’ve proved that old fart wrong” he then noticed the nervous look on Izzy’s face “Is something wrong? Does it have anything to do with Kari?”

“Um about that, Kari has disappeared….we have no idea where she is” Izzy said as he then pulled out his phone “We called her an hour ago and then every five minutes but nothing. We also send Dorulumon to check on her but…”

“There was no sign of her!” Dorulumon snarled and pulled out a piece of torn clothing from his fur “This is the only sign I could find of her!” he shook his head and he continued “There is a possibility that she’s been taken by the enemy. If that is the case, that castle is likely where they are holding her and they’ll stack their defences ….we may be out of moves we can make”

“There is one we can make” Pinkie mumbled and the group looked at her with alarmed looks “A head on attack…it’s what they won’t expect like a big party and then we throw them a little party at that second entrance!”

“That…is insane!” Tai stuttered in shock but then the largest grin spread across his face “It’s perfect!”

“What?! But we’re not at our full strength!” Izzy shouted in shock “We need our eggs and we need to find some way to push to mega!” but then he smiled “One of you better have a plan!”

Pinkie smiled as she put a waste paper bin on her head and said dramatically “I have a plan….attack!”

“It’s a plan I can get behind but Izzy is right” Dorulumon said as he then turned to Tamera “Unless you can find us some more friends?”

“Oh I’m sure the friends we have, also have friends who’d be more than willing to help” Tamera said happily and added “Looks like we’ll have to put that big party on hold, Pinkie?”

“NO! We’ll just have the big party before the battle!” Pinkie said and added “We could all use some cheering up….especially with my party cannon, it’ll really bring the party to this glum place!” she then added “I’ll need my party lists!”

“Typical” Rainbow said dryly

Author's Note:

So yeah that wasn't my best but I don't think this part of the story was ever going to be all that satisfying for me. I do need a suggestion as you can imagine I'm going to include more characters from Naruto, Bleach, TMNT and Ultimate Muscle so if you want to tell me who...feel free! Anyway see you soon!

Please remember to like, comment and have a nice day!