• Published 22nd May 2016
  • 2,623 Views, 226 Comments

The Life and Times of Flix the Hippogriff - AlaskaIsCold



Just because Flix isnt as fast or as strong as his older brothers and sisters doesn't mean he can't have his own kind of adventures!

  • ...
6
 226
 2,623

The Grand Banquet [Part2]

Path smiled to himself. All things considered, this dinner was not going as bad as he thought it would. Generally when Flix was involved things became interesting, and while this was still the case, it has not yet reached critical mass. When he scanned the room he noticed a few things.

The pony Nobles, while a lot better than they were before when he was growing up, were still set in their ways and slow to change. They grew to accept the griffons and the changelings, but right now their attention was split between the three things that were making them fret the most, the first of them being their princesses turned into hippogriffs. The nobles could not know that the princesses were making a huge show out of eating meat for the intended purpose of making them squirm. It was distressing for them to say the least but it was not like they could do anything about it.

On the other hoof, they were also staring at his son. Flix was most likely the only other House Path member that had even less tact than he and Free agent. And when it came to light that technically he was a noble, he wielded it with all the grace of a sledgehammer, deciding to be the Canterlot voice of the House, even though for the most part he stayed in his loft in the Canterlot art district. However, he had made an effort to learn the rules and procedures of the noble house system in Canterlot. Orlonda only added to his force since she could read everyone and everything in the room, and that, coupled with Flix's inability to pull punches, made him hated it in the Equestrian noble circles.

The hive Queens were talking among the other reps present. It was interesting how the hives paired off with groups that aligned with their interests. The thestrals and griffons were conversing with the Violet and Red Hives, as well as Shining Armor. The Orange and Yellow hives were talking with the crystal ponies and the zebras. Everything was in balance just as long as nothing threw it out of... oh dear why was Celestia looking at him like that?

She stood up and tinked her fork against her glass to get everyone’s attention. As they quieted down, Celestia began, “I am glad to have you all gathered here today. It has been such a long time since we have had a dinner as grand as this. Lord Path tells me it’s even bigger than his Grand Vernal Equinox Dinner that he holds every year. But I suppose that it needs to be since I only do ones this large every decade, so it makes sense that it’s ten times as big!”

Those that were watching laughed at the Princess's jab at Path who was smirking.

“We have indeed accomplished many things in the last ten years. We have the steady stream of science coming back from the Cosmic Lotus continually giving our research scientists something to work on. Well, our Equus-based researchers. Our Lunar researchers are still working on communication upgrades as well as cutting-edge science. However, the greatest feat comes from our three far stations at the Lagrange points with the Dim Star.” Celestia turned to face one group of the tables. “The L4 Station code-named Glimfeather Station!”

The griffons cawed out in pride as their king raised a goblet in acknowledgement.

Celestia continues, turning to another group, “Then we have the L5 station code named Alexandrite Station!”

The crystal ponies and the changelings cheered out as well, while the Queens, Cadence and Shining smiled and waved.

“Last but not least, we have the newest and the furthest orbital station. At the L3 point, we have the Imperatrix Station!”

The bat ponies and zebras cheered out as Luna smiled.

“But it hasn’t been smooth sailing. No – some of us have lost people special to us.” She let that sentence hang. Some looked at Path who had a serene look on his face and thought he was happy. Those who could read people saw that it was forced, but under it all, the changelings could sense a deep pain from the earth pony that he was trying to keep hidden under his public face.

“It is now that I revel in our accomplishments, mourn our losses, and look ever forward to what lies on the horizon!” The hippogriff princess turned and looks at Flix with a smile.

“I am pleased to announce something that makes my heart swell. I almost didn’t believe it when my nephew said he was going to finally settle down, but I believe that if there is anyone worthy of Flix's claw in marriage it would be his long-time companion, Orlonda. I am pleased that I was asked to marry them.”

Flix stood up his eyes wide, “What?”

He turned to Orlonda to see her crouched down, holding out a talon ring with a small smile on her muzzle. “Flix, my crazy partner in crime, I’ve traveled the world with you, through time with you, and even jumped into politics with you.” She started to grin. “Marry me, you silly chimera!”

Flix slowly sat on the ground. He had no fancy snarks, comebacks, or a witty retort. There was a long pause before Flix leaned down and hugged her tightly.

“Yes. Yes, I think I’ll do that.”

FiFi leaned over to Path and whispered, “It’s always been hard to taste what Flix is feeling because of the chaotic energy, but the love shines through it all.”

Flix started to grin as he picked Orlonda back up off her hooves and gave her a tight hug. He whispered something in her ear, and soon the changeling started to laugh.

“Oh... that’s such a good idea!” she giggled as Flix stood on his back legs.

“In the spirit of this grand event, I am going to change Celestia and Luna back. I think they have experienced enough, don’t you?” The sisters laughed a bit as did some of the attendants. “I am going to need all of my magic for the wedding after all.” He snapped his fingers are the two hippogriffs blurred out and refocused. This time one was a pure white changeling queen, while the other was a deep, dark purple. The reactions were almost instant as some of the stuffy pony nobles fainted, while the real changeling queens looked at the two false queens, their eyes wide.

“Oh... OH! What tastes so sweet!” Luna started to sniff the air. Since they had no experience with tasting emotions, Luna was making eating motions in the air before she found herself near a grinning Path.

“Hello hon,” Path stated while Fifi was holding her hooves to her mouth, trying to hide her giggle fits.

“You taste like funnel cake.” She stared at him with a creepy amount of prolonged eye contact.

Celestia, however, was not having as good of a time. She was staring right at her court's nobles, her eyes narrowed, her saber-like fangs bared even though her mouth was shut. No words were being exchanged, but all that could sense emotions felt a growing fear from the nobles who had less than honorable intentions.

“Dang claws are on the fritz again,” Flix said. He snapped his fingers again and the two false queens spun around until they were a blur. When they slowed down, instead of the alicorns everyone knew and loved, there were to Zebras sitting there. Luna had stripes in varying colors of the deep night. Her frame was angular and sharp. She looked at herself and snickered.

“In truth, I cannot lie, there is no pony as beautiful as I.” Luna blinked a few times and clapped her hooves having a good time.

“While I am sure you are having fun, please stop this Flix for I am done.” Celestia looked at the chimera with a deadpan expression. While she looked much like she normally did, her white fur was striped with pastel pinks and purples.

With another snap of his claws, the two aspects were back to their normal alicorn selves. Celestia ruffled her wings in annoyance before settling back down. Luna, on the other hoof, was giggling. “Even though my flank did change, stallions still gawk and go-”

Free and Path both cut Luna off. “Daaaannnngggggg!”

Everyone looked at Twilight, expecting her to do what she always did when the ‘boys’ did something like that.

Twilight blinked. “I can’t do that all the time. If I did, both of them would have a perpetual concussion”

Flix snickered at Twilight and rolled his eyes dramatically at the alicorn. “No fun, no fun! Always content with the mundane. This is why I… Whoa! Wait, what...” He suddenly turned and looked off to the side as he started to laugh. “Oh, now this is going to be fun.” He held up his dragon claw as the spark started to grow in intensity. His other claw was held out to Orlonda and she held onto it as she laughed merrily. Their joy was apparent to everyone there.

“Be back soon... maybe.” That claw kept building up probability, and the pair started to shift into different forms – two paper cutouts characters, two drones, two squiggly lines, and then they were gone.

Author's Note:

Wondering where Flix and Orlonda went?
Check the main story by Goldfur! [Cosmic Lotus]