• Published 22nd May 2016
  • 2,623 Views, 226 Comments

The Life and Times of Flix the Hippogriff - AlaskaIsCold



Just because Flix isnt as fast or as strong as his older brothers and sisters doesn't mean he can't have his own kind of adventures!

  • ...
6
 226
 2,623

Authors Notes - Updates

So I am getting ready to restart this series now that flix is out of the statue!
You can expect a lot more Chaos as your favorite chimera turns it up a notch.
But a few people were asking more about what Flix did while on the other side of the World.
I changed a few things to fit what I want a little better.
So here is a bullet point list, pulled from memory, not edited at all, just a stream of thoughts.

  • The Sea Pony City State
  • When they first arrive Orlonda initially shifts into a female hippogriff to compliment Flix and to raise fewer questions.
  • Their language is based on Polynesian last I remember.
  • IkaIka's tribe take pity on them initially due to their inability to fish or swim.
  • As relations improve orlonda reveals herself and begins to help fishing.
  • While Orlonda is learning how to hunt and deep sea fish Flix is learning all about Polynesian Art and Construction, as well as absorbing all of the Oral Tradition he can.
  • They "Winter" in the islands, however since the islands are in the tropics, its almost unnoticeable.
  • Once the Typhoon season ends they take off to go west, IkaIka by this time has developed wanderlust so she goes with them
  • The World Down Under
  • Flix is wounded -badly- from the lightening strike and the boomerang. It is with Orlonda and IkaIka's quick thinking that they are able to turn the situation around and explain their purpose
  • Their language is based off of northern central Australian aboriginal people I believe.
  • It takes almost a week for him to wake up, while his body is down the shamans guide his consciousness into the dreaming.
  • More time passes and Flix is still weak, but he again spends all his time listening to the oral traditional and their art style. He paints up IkaIka and Orlonda in the Bunyip style.
  • With his understanding of the dreaming he begins to see the Invariability of Chaos
  • He was only back up to 100% for a week or so before discord begins his final test.

Now, that flix is out of the statue however he has more things to do.
Inspect more Celestia teasing.
Free and Path trying to keep things under control without twi and luna knowing.
More Orange Lings
More Art Theroy

If you have any questions for me or the flix crew (Flix/IkaIka/Orlonda/Mula-Gunang) ask them! Ill answer them whlie I work on the next chapter

Later!

--AIC