• Published 18th Jun 2012
  • 745 Views, 5 Comments

Faithless - Darkkon13



This is the story of an uncertain Hero in deceptively peaceful times.

  • ...
 5
 745

Episode 1, The Fallen Star

The light flashed brightly, as last he could remember, and the stars began to give way to blue skies. Flickering from his smaller limbs were greens flames, the celestial flesh burning away, giving way to pure white hairs covering four hoofed legs. He knew he wouldn't survive the fall and he Knew the change wouldn't save him. What he didn't know was why? Why was he falling and from where? But it didn't matter to him, he wasn't going to survive. He shut his eyes and faded into his final thoughts, his mind was at peace.

There was a small voice in the back of his mind, as he dreamed. "HOLD ON! I GOT YOU!" A sudden jerk and wracking pain became. "Oh ohohohoh, Oh wow you're 'light' " Came the the voice from earlier, a little louder than before. He opened his eyes slightly, revealing the hazy image of an orange face and bright red eyes looking back down on him. The weakness that began to wash over his body quickly claimed his eyes and all was dark again, quite, and numb.

BEEP!... BEEP!... BEEP!...click.

The doctor turned the monitor off as he flipped the page on the patient's file, which hovered before his face encased in a gentle yellow glow. "Alright everything checks out. He suffered some minor trauma, from his body whipping back so violently, but that should show up as some small aches and pains. He's one tough pony." A wheat colored pony, the doctor wore thin glasses and a long white medical coat. He finished with his exam a hooked the file to the edge of the bed, a comforting smile and a nod put the orange pegasus at ease.

The pegasus' voice was calm and collected but hinted at his great reserves of energy. "Thanks Doc. I'll help him out when he gets up." He had a brown mane with a single red streak sliding down it's roots. He stood up as the Doctor nodded and walked out of the room. "You're one lucky colt. what were you doing out there anyway?" Dazer whispered to nopony in particular, looking over at the battered sleeping pony.

It was a few hours later when the sun peaked through the hospital room window, dancing across the white pegasus's face. He twitched slightly, with a pain filled groan he turned away from the bright light and opened his eyes to see Dazer hopping up and sticking his face right up to his own. "Bout time! You were out all night sleeping, sleeping beauty." The colt's bright blue eyes shot opened as he shuffled his way back in shock.

"Wh-who... whats going on?" Came the steely voice of the white colt. The black scars about his body told the story of struggle and his mane glowed with celestial patterns, deep within the black hairs a spiraling galaxy slowly turned amongst the distant stars. He had quickly settled down and took on a disinterested glare. "Where am I?" His voice carried command as he spoke to the energetic orange pony before him.

"Oh um.. You're in the Ponyville hospital in Equestria. I brought you here after I caught you mid-fall. " Dazer was a taken aback from the authoritative voice that belted from the pony he had saved the night before, but quickly recovered with a self-promoting comment. "Pretty impressive if I might add."

The white stallion frowned a bit and leaned against the headboard of his bed. "Equestria? It sounds familiar... But I just... I don't seem to remember anything." He sighed.

"Nothing? What about you're name?" Dazer quizzed the white colt. The only response he received was a shaking head. "Right. Well the Doc wants you out, he says you're fine. I guess you can hang out with me for bit since you got an empty head." He grabbed the sheets in his mouth and pulled them off. He noticed the blank white flank rolling off to the other side of the bed. He decided it would be best not to ask and headed for the door. "C'mon, I'll bet you're hungry. My treat" The white colt simply nodded and followed.

Dazer ended up taking the strange blank flank to a well kept bar called 'The Quick Fix'. The bartender, a light brown unicorn with a long berry colored mane that was well kept and combed back, stood behind the counter. His Cutie mark weas two half-filled shot glasses clinking together. He was shaking a mixed drink for a crowd of stallions who were cheering a single pony on. He didn't seem to have taken a single drink yet, his mug still dry and empty. Dazer walked up to the group with a wide grin. "Hey check this out buddy. Looks like Irish Dancer is taking ol' Hopscotch's one drink challenge again." He said, glancing over to the mysterious white colt.

Hopscotch tipped the metal canister and poured a dark golden liquid into Irish Dancer's mug. "Same as usual, if you don't get drunk the drink is free." The other ponies began to chant Irish Dancer's name as he chugged the liquid down. Dazer's new friend observed the odd ritual with interest. It wasn't but two seconds after the empty mug hit the counter that Dancer rolled his eyes back and fell off his stool, completely tanked. Dazer cracked up as he took an empty stool and motioned his friend over.

Dazer ordered some food and some cider for the two of them. "That doesn't seem like it would be that difficult. It was just one alcoholic beverage right?" The white colt inquired with a stumped look.

"Wouldn't be that difficult!? You, sir, must be new to this town." Hopsctoch jokingly mocked as he approached, sliding two mugs of cider over and levitated a small bowl of apple slices their way. "How about a proposition? the first try will be free, if you think it will be so easy. If you loose you will have to admit to the entire bar that my one drink challenge is without a doubt the hardest challenge to beat. If you win, well you can order drinks for free." A sly smirk crossed over the bartender's face and he levitated a mug to the counter and quickly polished it with a clean rag.

Something about the challenge thrilled Dazer's friend, regardless of how simple it was. "Very well, I'll take this challenge! It'll be good to have free drinks any time I want." The last statement made Hopscotch laugh. He was already mixing the drink as The white colt spoke. Dazer Leaned on his tool and lifted his mug to his mouth as he watched in amusement.

Hopscotch poured the drink and set the mixing canister to one side. Just like with Irish Dancer a crowd had formed around the nameless pony waiting to see if this would be the one that made it. The white colt looked into the mug with interest. "When ever you are ready good sir."The bartender stated. A quick chug later left everypony on edge, waiting for the alcohol to knock the mysterious pegasus off his stool.

The drink started with an intense burn that also carried a subtle smoothness down his throat. It had a peculiar sweetness that hung in his mouth like honey. The suspence came to a boil as the ten second mark approached. He set the mug down, looking to Hopscotch with sober eyes and and a cool smile. He folded his hooves over each other as he watched the bartender's jaw fall slack as his challenge was so easily defeated. "Another please. I believe it's on the house." Was all the pegasus had to say. The other patrons burst in thunderous cheers, calling him a hero among drinkers.

Dazer clopped his hoof down on the counter with a greedy smile. "You heard the pony, two drinks, on him!" he called to the shocked Unicorn.

WHAM!! Asudden sound broke the patrons' joy before anyone could react a masked deep blue unicorn slammed the door open and tossed two glowing green vials to either side of the bar from his matching blue coat, causing a majority of the patrons to fall asleep instantly as they shattered and released gas into the air. "Hand it over now and no one hurts!"he shouted, and then quietly added. "please hand it over, I don't wanna hurt anyone." The ponies that were still standing at the bar looked on in sheer surprise. No pony stepped forward to answer the intruder. Who would blame them? There would be no way to get close to him with out getting hit by one of those vials.

The hero among the drinkers stood from his stool and turned to the intruder with steel piercing eyes. His wings burst open and he charged forward on instinct. The blue unicorn stepped back hesitantly and quickly pulled a vial from his coat, tossing it in the chraging pegasus's path. The white stallion kicked off the ground and over the vial, which had just cracked against the ground. With a single beat of his wings he dispersed the gas the vial had released and sent himself into a front flip that place him behind the blue pony, His hooves pounding against the wooden floors. He immediately bucked the unicorn off his feet and immediatly spun about to pin him against the ground.

The bar patrons, that were still standing, cheered in excitement. "YEAH! He really is a hero!", " HEY way to go hero! that guy was about to mess us up!" shouted the bar ponies.

The pegasus pondered these praises as he stood over the unicorn who looked like he was about to wet himself. He glared down at the blue pony. "Now what is it you wanted? I don't think I heard you the first time." He asked trying to sound as intimidating as possible.

The unicorn stuttered for a moment, "Well I-I-I-I uhhmm... heh.." He smiled innocently behind his mask. "The star that fell. I wanted it.. for science... I heard it was a-" HE noticed the celestial patterns glowing in the Pegasus's hair. "-a.. pony?... it's you?" He suddenly seemed even more paniced." look I'm sorry! I didn't know. I just wanted a piece really.. for science.."

The star emblazoned stallion was completely baffled. "That's it? Why didn't you just ask somepony? You really don't know how to talk to other ponies do you?" The unicorn shook his head quietly. "Would some hair work?" The masked unicorn simply nodded. "You should have just asked." He stepped off the unicorn to allow him to stand. "This didn't need to happen."

"I'm sorry.. I thought... I don't know what I thought. Please don't be mad. The other ponies will wake up in a few minutes. Look can I just come find you later? I would very much like a sample, ummm..." The unicorn waved one hoof. "I uuh.. didn't catch your name."

The pegasus looked about and thought once again about the patrons' praises. "They call me, Hero."

*****

The ice in the glass clinked as it was set down, The bar had been empty for some time now as the night blue glow about the glass faded from view. "Hero? Are you sure this is true?" Spoke a shadowed mare's voice.

Hopscotch picked up the small glass and began cleaning it. "Of course m'lady. I even saw him falling late last night."

"This is both good and bad my sister." Began another mare's voice. "If it is him, we will have a great champion home once more. But it also means the return of the one he worked so hard to vanquish."

"Indeed. In time we will see." Stated the first voice as the sound of hooves making their way toward the door could be heard. "Thank you Hopscotch." Hopscotch simply nodded and turned out the lights.