• Published 19th May 2016
  • 261 Views, 0 Comments

The Story of a Master Thief - LotusCake



This is the story of your not so average OC. In her early years, Nocturna found she had certain... Skills. She uses them for the sake of her family.

  • ...
 0
 261

The Wind Will Whisper

Question that's unrelated to this chapter... You guys ever listen to a song while playing a game or writing a thing or anything like that and realize how fitting the song is? Fun right? So I'm playing a card game, right? And this song called Night Witches by Sabaton comes on and it just matches what my deck is doing so well!

Any way! This chapter is actually about my going through the portal. So. Expect fuck shit.

Years after curing my mother, and making a metric shit ton of money of the black market from the other two syringes, I attended my first comicon! The usual set up of booths were up and vending stalls of all sorts were in abundance. Of course, I made sure to go in my "Dragon scale" armor. Making that costume was a pain! I didn't steal the scales off of the appropriate dragons for it to just sit there in my closet... Though in retrospect, that costume probably was not the best ice breaker. I mean, Master Chief costumes were to be found every where! Super heroes? Even more so. Fur-suits? Fuggedaboutit! But Skyrim costumes? I think I was the only one. Sad, really...

Booth after booth I traveled. That deck I mentioned? I made sure to get more cards of the same game. Video games, oh i stocked up! Comics? Well, you don't go to a comicon to buy toilet paper! The art work I grabbed while there was simply... Well... Divine!

Then I heard this;

"I bet thirty bits she walks into it." said an oddly familiar voice...
"Sixty says she trips and falls into it accidentally." said another memorable tone.

That's when I saw the Sisters. And tripped over a snail, fell into the portal, and heard,

"No fair Tia! You moved that snail in her way!"

Now, I could detail to you a master plan to attain an item from any where and of any import. I could chronicle to you history's greatest thieves. I could tell you why you got caught stealing that tiny object! But I could NOT describe to you this space-time worm hole thing.

Simply put, what I experienced was... Interesting. I saw sounds, smelled colors, tasted texture, heard flavors, and felt scents. Besides the sounds, I also saw a myriad of colors. The surrounding area, if you could call it that, was a tubular shape, with kind of a spilled oil coloration. Minus the black part of the spill. Then it changed. The tube changed its colors to match my cherry red coat with it's black accents, my black and white mane and tail, even the gold and jewels from my cutie mark!

Then everything went black. Slowly, my senses returned to their proper places. Under me I felt a crisp yet damp texture I'm sure was grass. I smelled a sweet honey-dew like smell. I heard the wind starting to whip up, like the very wind had been waiting for the return of its master as a dog might. I tasted the beginning of what might have been bile turn into a more pleasant vanilla flavor. Finally, the darkness faded and I stood.

I stood on the top of a hill covered in three foot high grass. At first I thought I was alone, but a quick glance down the hill revealed a large group of people staring directly at me. Slowly, one by one, they kneeled before me.

Confused, I looked around, only to find a giant rock right next to me. On its smooth facade was carved an image, painted by berries and clay. An entity standing in a field very like this one. The words carved around it were in a script I recognized all to well, because I invented it. The words were "I will come and mark an eternity of peace. Trust in your Goddess and ye shall know love."

The entity in the field? It was me. My mane and tail, perfectly captured. My cherry red coat and feathers, the black tips on my muzzle, hooves, and wings... Even my cutie mark. Down to the placement and coloration of the jewels.

The rock began glowing as I stared at it. As if destiny ordained my arrival, a crown phased through the stone and set itself upon my head. The crown, mind you, was eerily similar to the jagged crown from Skyrim.

I returned my gaze to the ponies at the bottom of the hill. My mind, while not yet ready to process all this meant, put two and two together. I was the self prophesied goddess of this realm. These were my ponies. And they were awaiting my divine command.

"Rise, my children." I said in a voice, that while my own, enjoyed a few more layers to it.

"What would you ask of us, m'Lady?" the pony who must be their Elder inquiried.

"Take me to your comicon."

Author's Note:

I apologize in advance and perhaps late if there are any errors or if you find the chapter length insufficient or improperly paced. Comments are appreciated. As per the rules of the site, I cannot post lyrics to songs that are not from mlp or of my own creation. So, a disclaimer: While the chapter name is also lyrics to the song mentioned at the beginning of the chapter, it also refers to the scene that unfolds. The card game she mentions is Magic the Gathering, a tcg made by wizards of the coast, whom i have been told is owned by hasbro. Not taking chances. For the most part, in my stories, i will name a song and its artist. Simply so you may search it up or know what is happening. I hope you enjoy my stories.