• Published 15th May 2016
  • 5,081 Views, 96 Comments

Do That Again - Bad Horse



The day after Hearth's Warming, Snowfall Frost thinks back to her encounter with Applejack and decides that maybe she hasn't learned her lesson, not entirely. Maybe she needs a refresher.

  • ...
17
 96
 5,081

Sing for me

“Now, listen up,” Annie said, after she'd untied Snowfall over the other pony's objections and they'd eyed each other across the room for a while, one suspiciously, the other lasciviously. “I thought it over, and I’ve got a plan I think is mutually satisfactory.”

“Wonderful!” Snowfall said, clapping her front hooves together. “So come on over here. And,” she added in a husky voice, “bring your lasso.”

“No, mutually satisfactory.”

“That means satisfactory to me. And only one thing can satisfy me.” Snowfall ran her eyes over the spirit’s un-body and licked her lips.

The spirit took a few steps further back. “What I mean to say is, I’m not exactly the right pony for your kind of, um, needs.”

“I’ll be the judge of that,” Snowfall said.

“But I know somepony who is.”

Snowfall looked confused. Then her eyes lit up. “Oh! Is Professor Flintheart a spirit now?” Her excitement faded at Annie’s look of non-recognition.

“Uh… I don’t know, but I’ve already made the call, and it’s not the kind you can take back.”

Something in Annie’s manner made Snowfall catch her breath. When she let it out, a mist appeared before her. The room, she realized, had grown colder.

Annie glanced around nervously. “I’ll be, ah, leaving now. So long. Have… fun.” She smiled awkwardly on the last word before trotting out through the window and into the sky.

Snowfall looked out the window. Was it her imagination, or was the sky darker?

No… not the sky. The room. Not quite mist or haze, but a spreading darkness, a kind of anti-light, was rolling slowly across her laboratory. The glow of the furnace, just halfway across the room, was muffled in layers of black until its oranges and yellows were crimped to a distant monochromatic gray. The sunny light coming through the window thought twice about it and decided to shine somewhere else.

Her fur stood on end of its own accord, and Snowfall became aware of a tall, hooded figure, all in black, looming over her.

“Hello again, my little pony,” the figure said in a kind alto voice. “As you may recall, I am the spirit of Hearth’s Warming future.”

The figure bent down slowly, seeming to descend on Snowfall from a great height, and without realizing it Snowfall crouched down lower and lower until she found herself lying on the floor. She felt the whiskers of the spirit’s night-blue muzzle, just a blur on the edge of Snowfall’s vision, brushing the inside of her left ear.

“I hear you are a slow learner,” the spirit whispered. Each word she spoke breath sent a pulse of warmth down the side of Snowfall’s face. Then the spirit shook her head sadly.

Snowfall’s left hind leg began to twitch involuntarily.

“Fortunately for you, I am a very patient teacher.” The sharp edge of a cold hoof ran slowly up the inside of one of Snowfall’s forelegs, made a few lingering brushes within the sensitive, thin-haired leg pits, then ran across the front of her chest and down the other leg, before settling on her flank to absent-mindedly trace out the four-points of Snowfall’s special snowflake.

“Will… will you sing for me again?” Snowfall asked.

The spirit laughed. “No, my dear. This time you will sing for me.”


The day after the day after Hearth’s Warming, Snow Dash came into her employer’s laboratory early in the morning, walked over to the furnace, and was starting to shovel out the old ashes when she noticed a large, dark sack lying between the workbench and the potions shelves. She had finished clearing out the ashes and was shovelling in new coal when the sack fell over and made a thump. She had just lit the fire and closed the grill when the sack groaned in the voice of Snowfall Frost.

Dash sprinted across the room. The sack was a pony, now lying on its side with all four legs spread wide apart, presenting its—her—underside to the ceiling.

She was dressed from head to toe—encased might be a better word—in a tough, slick black fabric Dash had never seen before, with only a few strategically placed holes. Her head was covered by a close-fitting mask of the same material, and her mouth was propped open by a black rubber ball, tied there by a cord going through a hole in the ball and around her neck. Each front hoof was tied to its matching rear hoof, and the rear hooves and legs were splayed far apart, lashed to opposite ends of a long, black iron bar.

Dash struggled with the knots holding the rubber ball in before she finally ran to get a knife. She ran back, cut the knots away, and sent the ball bouncing off into a corner of the room. The mask was held on by an elaborate system of laces and hooks, which Dash was eventually able to undo. She cast the thing to the floor, revealing the face of Snowfall Frost. Her fur was wet and matted, and smelled like sweat. Her eyes were closed.

“Snowfall! What happened? Who did this to you?”

The lavender mare’s eyes opened. She blinked several times before focusing on the blue pony before her. She still had a dazed, faraway look.

“Dash,” she said.

Dash cradled Snowfall’s head in her forelegs. “Yes, Snowfall.”

“Dash—” Snowfall coughed. Flecks of spit spattered Dash’s chin.

Dash began to cry. “I can hear you, Snowfall.”

Snowfall raised her head suddenly to stare up into Dash’s eyes with the ferocious intensity of a religious zealot.

“Dash—I love Hearth’s Warming.”

She glared at Dash as if daring her to deny it. Then her head fell back heavily into Dash’s hooves and she began to snore.

Comments ( 69 )

I... Holy... Just.....
Lol. Pure and simple. That was hilarious.

The sexiest of lols are had this day.

And yet you won't participate in the Writeoffs due to the time limit. :trollestia:

7217205 You're reading the wrong things. :eeyup:

7218198 Oh, no. The story, yes. The grammar? Nazi it if you can. I do Nazi any mistakes. The first sentence of the third chapter is ugly, but I think it's correct.

You're talking about my commas, aren't you? Chicago stylists are always going after my commas. :fluttercry:

7218510 Did you even read this story? :rainbowhuh:

Wait... yes, you probably did. :rainbowderp:

I don't get the ending but I loved the story:pinkiehappy:

.... I blame PP for this.

This makes me believe in the spirit of Christmas all over again.

7218510

It needs to be some day other than Saturday for me. I am BUSY most weekends and simply not available to write on Saturdays. Writeoff.me is Saturdays for the short fics and the weekend for the longer fics.

Why can't they move it around a bit? If they did a short fic on a Wednesday, or a long fic from Monday to Wednesday even occasionally then they would get other people participating.

I can't be the only one who has troubles with Saturdays.

Abstract thought: There has to be a Spirit of Hearth Warming Not To Come.

And Snowfall has probably met that spirit at some point.

Comment posted by alfonso_rd_33 deleted May 17th, 2016

Welp, I think you've definitely lived up to your name with this one.:trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright:

That ending was just the best.
This whole thing was good, hilarious even.

7218555
I have not yet, no. I just know things. :pinkiecrazy:

. . .


Well, alrighty then. :rainbowderp:

7218550 Fun fact, if you don't reply to someone in the same chapter that they commented, they don't get notified.

Comment posted by Bad Horse deleted May 16th, 2016

7219363 Oh no! Not German science!

7219280 Wow, thanks for pointing that out. I've been doing that for... years.

At first when I saw this story I thought:

https://derpibooru.org/1154077

But a Luna Is Fine, Too.

7219373 Did you double comment or something? Because it looks like you double commented.

7219389 I AM SO STEALING THAT FOR THE DESCRIPTION

Okay, I'm surprised no one thought of Family Guy here :rainbowlaugh:

"If I walk through you, does that mean, like, we've done it?" :rainbowderp:

7219414 I deleted a comment replying to your comment because your comment said you wouldn't be notified of the reply...

7219389 I owe you for that--the views went up after I added that line to the description!

Too bad for you I never honor my debts. :trixieshiftright:

Why Bad Horse? Why are you so good at comedy? Do you have an editor?

This was funny by the way. Very funny.

you know, when I saw this episode, I just KNEW that there would be a shipping sparked from it, But the shipping I expected was starlight and dash, not starlight and AJ.

Well, technically it's snow frost, but still.

7219416

Mission accomplished.

7219619

Twice over.

7219619 honour, you colonial hick. At least I have the good grace to be from the right colony.

In more relevant news, this was horrifying. And chuckleworthy. But mostly horrifying. Necromancy and romance don't even share the same root!

Actually, I have no idea if they do or don't. Hmmm.

just wow.... just wow.... wow....:rainbowlaugh:ROR

This... this story was stupid. But it made me laugh a lot.
Which means I loved it. Great job :rainbowlaugh:

That was PRICELESS!!! Especially that ending! :rainbowderp:

Oh my...! </George Takei>

Highly amused. Somepony's ready to do that again indeed.
Title still made m' brain go here:

Comment posted by Bad Horse deleted May 16th, 2016

7219961 Ahem. 'Honor', from the Old French 'honor', from the Latin 'honor'. Later corrupted by the English.

7221143 Turn not your superior gaze upon me, oh erudite one!

*scampers away*

7219961 It's not necromancy. Spirits aren't dead people they're beings that exist on a separate plane. That and AJ summoned herself.

This was fantastic. Cheeky with a lovely dash of dark humor. <3

Oh geez, this was a treat! I laughed almost the whole way through :rainbowlaugh:

Didn't think you could top "“No, my dear. This time you will sing for me.”" but then the outfit happened. Damn Luna, you scary.

Only one way to sum up my feelings on this: LOL

7218894 You shouldn't have told them. I think they might be a smol foal. :applejackunsure:

7219961 Interestingly enough, I heard it somewhere that US english (and colonial english in general) is actually closer to its roots than the Queen's. Albeit it does seems more refined.

I tried to decided which chapter I liked best, but it was a three-way tie.


:ajsmug:

This was just
Beautiful. :rainbowlaugh:

7222920 oh my... didn't thought that... goshdarn it!

7218866

Abstract thought: There has to be a Spirit of Hearth Warming Not To Come.

They've got a pill for that now, I understand.

Login or register to comment