• Published 14th May 2016
  • 973 Views, 132 Comments

Majesty: Queen of the Castle - Paradise Oasis



Queen Majesty of Dream Valley, one of the most misunderstood Ponies of our time. But how did she become the ruler of a kingdom south of Equestria? The story of a teen filly, who will grow to become the most enigmatic queen in all the pony kingdoms

  • ...
2
 132
 973

PreviousChapters Next
Conspiracy Theories

Majesty trotted along silently beside prince Tux, who was giving her a tour of the grand hall of the rainbow crystal castle. The unicorn mare listened to the young stallion intently, trying to ignore how extremely close the two ponies were standing next to each other.

"And this mural depicts the third battle of Saddleshire, the final skirmish in the second great Equinian war." Tux n' tails explained, pointing a hoof at a gargantuan painting. "It was hoof-painted in the late ponyissance style, using a combination of different brush stroke techniques."

"That's really amazing, Tux. I cant' believe how glorious this art makes something like a battle look." Majesty replied, admiring the incredible artwork. "Wasn't the equine wars an epic conflict between the ponies of Equestria, and the Ponyland Confederacy centuries ago?"

"Yes, that's correct." Prince Tux replied. "as you know, the ponies of Equestria claim they are the descendants of the ancients, and that Ponyland was actually stolen from them by our ancestors. These wars were an attempt to reconquer Ponyland, and they were brutal and costly for both sides."

"But... haven't we always at least gotten along with the Equestrians?" Majesty asked curiously. "Why would they go to war with us over something so.... flippant?"

"I don't know, majesty, but I don't think they started the war of their own accord." The prince replied, lookign back up at the ponies fighting on the mural. "I feel there was something else, some.... other source... that pushed them into war. An unseen force that I feel, even now, makes enemies of ponies would otherwise at least be our allies, if not our friends."

"Really? You think some hidden enemy manipulated the Equestrians into attacking us? And that enemy is still around now?" Majesty stifled an incredulous laugh. "Don't you think that sounds a little... farfetched?"

"Not as farfetched as some of the reports I've been hearing." the prince replied, as they trotted down the hallway. "Unprovoked attacks on Ponylanders along the Equestria-Ponyland border, Ponyland ambassadors being kicked out of the Equestrian capital. Some of these strange occurrences, I believe, can be traced back to some mysterious manipulator in the Equestrian Government itself."

"A manipulator? Really?" Majesty asked, her voice twinged with skepticism. "I mean, don't you think it could just be Official Equestrian policy to be hostile to the Ponyland Federation? They hate us for being bloodthristy, violent warriors who despise friendship, and we think they a bunch of over-sensitive piles of slush, who whine too much about feelings and equality. It's natural we'd hate each other's guts!"

"No, I don't believe so." Tux n' Tails replied with certainty. "Despite popular belief here in Ponyland, Equestrians are not evil, nor do they blindly hate modern Ponylanders for old grudges and feuds."

"So, you believe that is why they've kidnapped my two stallion friends, murdered several of the pony friends, and caused all of these problems between the two countries." Majesty nodded in understanding. "While it does sounds like a really out-there idea, it would explain a lot of the things that have been going on ever since I left Dream Valley. I now know I've got to get to Equestria, and get to the bottom of this mess!"

"That reminds me of something I wanted to ask you since you first arrived, Princess Majesty." Tux replied. "Why did you leave Dream Valley in the first place? It seems quite dangerous for a few mares to be out, wandering the wilds of Ponyland all by themselves, with no guards or weapons."

"Oh, I had a disagreement with my mother. I got so sick of her lack of empathy and caring." Majesty sighed. "I had to get out of there, before she and my nanny turned me into a heartless witch, too."

"Really? I've always heard that your mother is one of the kindest and most compassionate rulers in Ponyland." Tux 'n Tails replied in surprise. "Other Ponyland leaders, including my mother, think she is way too soft."

"Too soft?!" Majesty asked incredulously. "Tux, she turns goblins who attack Dream Castle into pillars of salt. She used magic to make a rampaging dragon eat himself from the tail upwards." Majesty shook her head. "My mother is many things, but kind or compassionate is not among them."

"Do you know what those monsters would have done to your kingdom if your mother hadn't done something about them?" The prince pointed out. "And believe me, the other Ponyland monarchs would have made those monsters suffer horribly before they died. You mom always advocates showing mercy to the monsters, something that the rest rest of Ponyland whispers about behind her back."

"So she's compassionate to her enemies... I really wish she had shown me some of that compassion when I was growing up." Majesty sighed. "Look, Tux? Could we please stop talking about my mom and politics for awhile? How have you been, since you last visited Dream Castle? I haven't seen you in ages!"

"Oh, I've been all right, I suppose." The prince replied with a smile. "I've been working on my knight training these past few months, picking up swordplay and combat lessons from my instructors." The stallion shrugged. "While my skills with a lance needs some work, I think I've gotten far better at hoof-to-hoof combat."

"I'm glad you work so hard at your training, Tux. Ponyland needs strong warriors like you to defend it." She smiled at him. "I just wish I was better at controlling my magic in combat, I think I take my attacks too far sometimes..."

"I heard about what happened with you and those bounty hunters, Majesty." Tux reassured her. "That wasn't your fault. Anyone would have been enraged at what they did to your friends."

"But I don't want to end up a heartless monster!" Majesty protested. "There has to be a better way to deal with villains, there just has to be..."

"I'm sure you'll figure this out, Majesty. You're a very smart princess... and very strong." Tux 'n Tails nuzzled her. "I believe you will not become a shadow of your mother, but you will become your own pony."

PreviousChapters Next