• Published 14th May 2016
  • 975 Views, 132 Comments

Majesty: Queen of the Castle - Paradise Oasis



Queen Majesty of Dream Valley, one of the most misunderstood Ponies of our time. But how did she become the ruler of a kingdom south of Equestria? The story of a teen filly, who will grow to become the most enigmatic queen in all the pony kingdoms

  • ...
2
 132
 975

PreviousChapters Next
It's all Greek to me

Fort Rainbow dash, a glittering acropolis among the set high in the mountains. Marble columned halls that shone brightly under the sun, and beautiful statues of ponies dotting every corner of the city. Ponies wearing togas and chitons, looking like they had stepped out of the human's Greek/Roman culture. Armored earth pony hoplites and Pegasus Centurions, marched flapped around the city. And everything looked as stable and orderly as a pony community could possibly be.

As the four mares approached this marvelous city, Hollywood, Majesty, and Wind Whistler stared at everything in awe.

"Whoa, this place is sooo big!" Windy exclaimed, flapping her way across the arched bridge that led into the city. "There must be several thousand ponies living here!"

The quartet of ponies trotted through the gates, and into the main citadel. One of the sentries bowed to us respectfully as we entered;

"Hello, ladies. Welcome to Fort Rainbow Dash."

Inside, the four mares trotted past several wonders, from the citadel's great amphitheater and racetrack, the Hippodrome, to the elegant marble horsemasterist temples, and magnificent arches of the Fort Rainbow Dash aqueduct. Everything seemed so big and so grand, which impressed three of the four mares present beyond belief.

"Amazing!" Hollywood muttered in awe. "I've heard stories of Fort Rainbow Dash, but I'd never thought any herd of ponies could build some place this big..."

"Aww, you kids are impressed by anything these days." Applejack grumbled. Turning to see a small Dashian food vendor's stall, the hungry earth mare quickly galloped over to place an order. "Now if their Gyros and Pita pockets are as good as everybody says, then I'll actually be impressed!"

"A.J., A.J. ... Always thinking with your stomach." Majesty shook her head, as several ponies in armor came galloping up. "Oh boy, looks like we have a welcoming committee out here to greet us."

"Excuse me... are you Princess Majesty?" A mare in a Mycenaean-style dress, who was leading the procession of hoplites. When Majesty nodded her head yes, the mare bowed to her. "My name is Acheron Starshine, and we had received word of your arrival from Rainbow Falls. Our city's prince wanted me to welcome the four of you to our fair city."

"Y-your prince?! Tux n' Tails?!" Majesty stuttered out, trying desperately to keep her composure. "Is he here?! Where is he?! Oh no, my mane is a mess!"

"Well, I can see you'll be happy to see him again." Starshine replied with some amusement. "Now, if you and your party would care to follow me, I'll guide you to the Rainbow Crystal Castle."

"Oh-okay..." Majesty replied dreamily, practically floating along after Starshine and her guards. Wind Whistler hopped along happily after the group, while Hollywood looked back towards Applejack.

"Hey, A.J.!" Holly called out. "Could you stop stuffing your face long enough to keep up with us?"

"Mmmph?" A.J. asked, shoving her third Gyro into her mouth, before galloping to catch up with the others. "Sorry girls, I was just having an extra bite to eat, let's go!"

As the four trotted their way towards the royal palace, they passed the coliseum. Hearing several noises coming from inside, the four mares looked in through one of the window, and saw two teams kicking a ball back and forth across open turf, each trying to hit the ball into the opposite team's net.

"Oh, that must be Fort Dash's hoofball team." Hollywood noted, as they continued on their trek to the palace. "I guess their practicing for the Ponyland games."

"In Dream Valley, we call the sport soccer." Wind Whistler added. "But yeah, those mares really seem to be pr acting hard for the upcoming competition."

"One thing I never got." Applejack asked. "Why do only girls compete in the games, or on the professional teams? I've seen a lot of stallions who are really good players."

"Hey, you know we work hard to maintain gender norms here in Ponyland; even we practice that in Flutter Valley." Hollywood added. "Stallions have sports like gridiron hoofball, and weight lifting."

"I guess that's a good thing."Applejack sighed. "We wouldn't want to be like Equestria, after all."

The group of ponies entered the royal palace, and trotted their way towards the throne room. There, Prince Tux n' tails was seated upon a throne, and turned to greet the newcomers.

"Ahhh, Majesty, so good to see you and your friends." The prince smiled, trotting down from his throne. "Since my mother, the citadel Margrave, is currently away, I will have to welcome you all to our fair city."

"Whoa, he's not half bad!" Applejack whispered, taking notice of a stallion for the first time on their journey. "No wonder Majesty likes him so much!"

"I'll say!" Hollywood agreed, staring at the stallion intently. "He makes the mountain boy ponies look like mules!"

"Ohhh, what a cutie!" Wind Whistler whistled at him. "I really hope Majesty doesn't want him, I'll be happy to personally show the prince a good time!"

"I....uhhh.... duhhhhh...." Majesty stuttered, her brain broke again. As Tux approached her, Majesty gave out a goofy giggle. "Tee hee hee."

"Princess,we are well aware of your quest to rescue the mountain boy pony, that has brought you to these lands." Prince Tux offered, tenderly kissing her hoof. "If there is anything I can do to help you and your friends, please let me know."

At that moment, Majesty's horn and eyes suddenly lit up, and a powerful surge burst out. Every window in the throne room suddenly exploded, and all the ponies in the room were sent floating in the air.

"What the hay happened?!" Applejack cried in panic.

"We're flying... without our wings..." Holly muttered in shock.

"Whee, this is fun!" Wind Whistler giggled, doing the backstroke through the air.

"My word, Majesty!" The prince asked, floating by the shocked princess. "Did you do this, with your magic?"

"Oh dear, not again..." Majesty moaned, covering her eyes with her hooves. "I can't believe it happened again!"

And at that moment, Majesty wished she could crawl away into a hole somewhere, and die of embarrassment...

PreviousChapters Next