• Published 14th May 2016
  • 973 Views, 132 Comments

Majesty: Queen of the Castle - Paradise Oasis



Queen Majesty of Dream Valley, one of the most misunderstood Ponies of our time. But how did she become the ruler of a kingdom south of Equestria? The story of a teen filly, who will grow to become the most enigmatic queen in all the pony kingdoms

  • ...
2
 132
 973

PreviousChapters Next
Interruption of Youth

It was just then, when our little chat about or queen's past was interrupted. The doors to the throne room suddenly burst open, and we were greeted by a little blue and white ball of fire that came barreling into our midst.

"Mommy, mommy, come look!" A little filly called out, as she came galloping into the throne room. "I drew a picture of you for art class, and Miss Sundance gave me an 'A' on it!"

"Why that's wonderful, my child!" The queen declared, pulling the foal into her lap on the throne. "My goodness, you did a really nice job on this piece of art! You really are a talented little pony!"

Baby Majesty, the daughter of our queen, who looks exactly like a smaller version of her mother. The only difference is she innocence in her eyes that I have never seen in the eyes of her mother. The queen's warm smile as she held the child in her hooves, is the only time I have ever seen her be happy about anything.

"Why don't you go along, and show your father the art?" Majesty encouraged her daughter. "You'll probably find him up in the banquet hall."

"Okay, mommy!" The filly giggled, running off to join her father. "Goodbye, Mister Tornado!"

"Goodbye, little one." I sigh, as the little ball of energy galloped out of the throne room. "Boy your highness, that daughter of yours is a real ball of fire."

"She had the best upbringing I could give her." Majesty announced proudly, looking down the hallway the child ran run down. "And yet, I still fear I have failed her, in a way."

"Failed her, my queen? But how?" I ask her incredulously. "You don't have a horrible nanny watching over every aspect of her life, you make time for her on a daily basis, and you place no cruel or unfair restrictions on her." I turned back to face the queen. "You're a far better parent than your own mother was, how could you have possibly failed baby Majesty?"

"My mother was very hard on me when I was a filly, it's true. But her harshness taught me some valuable life lessons, and made me the mare I am today." Majesty shook her head. "I was too young to understand that when I ran away, and I didn't realize it for a long time afterward."

"Then why are you so lenient and forgiving with your daughter?" I ask her. "if you feel you've gone to the opposite extreme of your mother?"

"Because I don't have it in me to be harsh with Baby Majesty, Tornado. I am incapable of being as heartless with her, as my mother was with me." The queen replied, looking down. "And I fear, one day, all of Dream Valley will suffer when My daughter is queen, and unable to make the tough and harsh decisions."

"Tough and harsh decisions, my queen? Really?" I ask skeptically, raising an eyebrow. "From everything you're telling me about your fillyhood, you weren't very harsh back them. And from how you've acted since I married Twilight and moved to Dream Valley, you don't seem very harsh now."

"Really, Tornado? You don't believe I am that harsh." She raised an eyebrow at me, her expression turning cold. "Tell me, what did I do to that nest of goblins who were raiding our food stores through a tunnel they had dug under Dream Castle, after I discovered their plans?"

"You had the tunnel collapsed by a pony mining crew, and buried the goblins alive when they were coming though the passage for another raid." I gulped, starting to get a bit nervous.

"And what did I do to that pack of trolls, who set up camp at the edge of Dream Valley, who captured and dragged ponies off screaming in the night, to be cooked and devoured around their campfires?" She continued, hate seeping into her voice. "The bloodthirsty butchers who skinned and ate six of my subjects, two of which were innocent foals?"

"You had the Dream Valley stallion knights attack the troll encampment at nightfall, killing all of of their warriors in on swift stroke." I slumped even further in the spot where I was setting. "Then you had them line up the women and children, and forced them to watch the sunrise, which turned them all to stone."

"And the dragon, who threatened to burn down Dream Castle, and every other structure in Dream Valley, unless we gave him all of our treasure, and our friend the lady Megan to devour?"

"You had a team of pony knights and human dragon slayers you hired bring him down, gutted him like a fish, had the meat from his corpse added to our castle food stores, then mounted his head near the Entrance to Dream Valley as a warning to other would-be enemies." I closed my eyes, wishing I could just disappear. "Like in all the other cases you mentioned, you showed no mercy."

"Remember this well, Tornado. While I am a loving mother to my subjects, and friend to all ponies and humans and other good races, but I am a terrible enemy to all who threaten Dream Valley." She warns, as her eyes glow, and the Golden Crown's power resonates with her. "I may be good, Tornado, but not ever make the mistake of thinking that I am nice or kind."

Her words left me chilled to the core; even though I do not fear our queen myself, I fear for any who are foolish enough to try and cross her. There was silence for a few minutes, before I asked. "So... what happened after the two doppelgangers infiltrated your group?"

"Thee were a few of us who were fooled by the newcomers, and a few of us who were not." Majesty replied with a sigh, reclining on her throne once more. "Unfortunately, you wouldn't believe which category it was that I fell into..."

PreviousChapters Next