• Published 14th May 2016
  • 976 Views, 132 Comments

Majesty: Queen of the Castle - Paradise Oasis



Queen Majesty of Dream Valley, one of the most misunderstood Ponies of our time. But how did she become the ruler of a kingdom south of Equestria? The story of a teen filly, who will grow to become the most enigmatic queen in all the pony kingdoms

  • ...
2
 132
 976

PreviousChapters Next
Battle Corral

"Rose-dust! Rose-dust! Rose-dust!"

"Majes-ty! Majes-ty! Majes-ty!"

The audience erupted into cheers, as both mares entered the arena. The field of battle was a large, elevated circular area, surrounded by a large wooden fence with a swinging latched gate. Each mare took her place on the opposite sides of the corral, standing on their back hooves, and assuming a fighting stance.

"Be careful, princess! Watch your flanks!" Applejack yelled from the sidelines, her eyes carefully fixed on the fight about to begin. "Don't let her fly above you and surprise you!"

"Go get her, Majesty!" Wind Whistler called out. "Kick her in the flank!"

"Good luck, both of you!" Hollywood declared, not cheering for either combatant- one being her friend, the other her queen. "May the best mare win!"

"Oh dear!" Yum Yum declared, covering her face with her hooves. "I hope nobody gets hurt!"

Several similar shout outs came from the audience in favor of her opponent, but the princess blocked them out. Majesty's attention was focused solely on the flutter pony queen, who had removed her plume Penna feather from her mane, and was now scowling at her unicorn opponent angrily.

"Just because your mother is the most powerful pony on the planet, do not think I will go easy one you." The flutter queen warned.

"Don't think just because you're a fragile flutter pony, that I'm going to go easy on you, Featherduster." Majesty snapped back.

"Ladies, the rules are simple." The duel's arbiter explained from the sidelines. "No weapons, no fatal blows, and no magic besides winking and levitation. The first pony to either get knocked out of the corral, or to leave willingly, is the loser." She dropped her hoof. "Now, noble mares of Ponyland, fight!"

Majesty barely had time to react, before the other mare was upon her. Jab with the front hoof, bite, kick with the back hoof; Majesty barely dodged all three blows, before launching a counter attack- jab, jab, kick, bite, kick! Roseduxt nimbly avoided the blows, then jumped and roundhouse kicked Majesty, right back into the corral fence.

"Yay, Rosedust! I knew you could do it!" One of the flutter mares declared, cheering her queen on. "Show that prissy princess who's boss!"

Two hot mares fighting, this is awesome!" One of the few flutter stallions in the audience told his friend beside him. "Now all we need is a bucket of mud for them to wrestle in!"

"Seems you non-flutters aren't so tough, after all." Rosedust snorted, trotting up to Majesty. "Ready to give up, your spoiled brattyness?"

As the flutter queen mocked her, the princess's face turned up into a snarl of rage. Majesty's horn began to glow, and Rosedust was thrown violently against the other side of the corral. Majesty leapt after her, and the two jumped up onto their back hooves and began to kick at each other with their front legs like feral ponies.

"Ohhh, a contest of strength!" Applejack noted, munching on her popcorn. "Majesty's got this one in the bag!"

"Don't be sure about that, Miss Applejack." Hollywood spoke up, sitting in the seats above the two non-flutter mares. "Our queen has not yet pulled out her greatest weapon."

The two ponies fought for several more minutes- jab, kick, jab, duck from Rosedust, and a kick, jab, kick, duck from Majesty- before the two ponies became locked in a grapple. Majesty was just about to throw the queen with her front hooves, when the flutter mare decided she had had enough.

"That does it, the filly gloves are off!" Rosedust snorted angrily, breaking the grapple, and fluttering up high into the air. "Now you're going to get it-shifting to utter flutter!"

A powerful wind hit Majesty, knocking her clean of her hooves, and nearly sending her flying out of the arena. Grabbing onto the corral fence, the Dream Valley princess hung on for dear life.

"Still think you can defy me, child?" Rosedust taunted her again. "Your efforts to win this duel are futile; give it up, before you truly get hurt!"

"That does it, Queen Rosebutt!" Majesty snapped, getting her last burst of adrenaline. "You're going down!"

Majesty's horn lit up one final time, and she managed to teleport high into the air... right above the utter fluttering Rose dust. The princess fell upon the surprised flutter queen, tackling her back down to the ground, and sending them both tumbling out of the battle corral.

"Aieeeeee!" Rosedust shrieked as she and her opponent landed on the ground. Majesty quickly bit down on the queen's right front hoof, biting in like a pit bull, as blood spurted out. "All right! Enough! Princess Majesty, you fight like a wild mare! I concede victory, you and your stallions may go free!"

The audience exploded into cheers, and they came pouring out of the stands to congratulate both combatants. Majesty, still weary from the combat, was hoisted up by Applejack and Wind Whistler, who congratulated her on freeing the stallions.

"You really did it, princess!" Wind Whistler declared, grinning wildly. "You beat the flutter queen!"

Both sides would call it a draw that day, but it was indeed a win. It was a victory for both flutter and non-flutter ponies, in seeing such an honorable battle fought between two mares. An though nobody present was yet aware of it, this was to be the first step in a friendship between Dream Valley, and Flutter Valley, that would one day save them both from destruction.

PreviousChapters Next