• Published 19th May 2016
  • 1,760 Views, 20 Comments

Miraculous Dragonfly and Draconequus - Macmeg13



Two teenagers, Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash, who transform into the superheroes Dragonfly and Draconequus, respectively, to protect the city from supervillains.

  • ...
4
 20
 1,760

Chapter 1

It was bright and sunny day and somewhere in Canterlot, there was a small bakery of the Sparkle family called the Crystal Heart. The bakery is runned by Shining Armor, a white unicorn with a blue mane and tail, and his wife Cadance, a pink pegasus with a pink, yellow and purple mane. They were known for all their goods were made with love. The bakery is a three story building. On the first floor was the shop and the kitchen. On the second floor was the home with another kitchen, a living room and the parents bedroom. And on the third room, was the bedroom of the couples daughter, Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight Sparkle was an average teen age unicorn. She has purple fur with a navy blue mane and tail with a pink and purple streak in it. Her cutie mark is a pink star with five small white stars around it. Twilight's room was purple like her fur. She had book cases filled with books in her room. Everything was neat and organised, except for her desk which was scattered with books, papers, quills, empty jars of ink and list all scattered around. Twilight was known for late night studying, and even though she had her first day of school today, last night was no different then any other. Her phone alarm went off, but Twilight was too tired to get. She groaned and placed her pillow over her head, hoping to muffle the alarm and that it would shut off soon. However, her phone was relentless. After some time has passed, her moms voice could be heard downstairs.

"Twilight!" Cadance shouted. "Your alarm has been going on for 15 minutes! You're going to be late for your first day back at school!" Twilight groaned before picking up her phone with her magic and getting up.

"Got it mom." she mumbled tiredly before turning off her alarm. She got out of bed and stretched, yawning loudly. After giving her mane a quick brush, She opened the door and started walking down stairs.

"Coming," she said, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She walked into the kitchen to see Cadance, happily sitting there waiting for her. Twilight gave her a kiss on the cheek before sitting down at the table. She groaned slightly as she opened the carton of milk. "I'll bet you anything that Trixie is going to be in my class again." she said, slightly annoyed. Trixie Lulamoon was one of the worst unicorn she ever met. Always thing she's the best because her father, Filthy Rich, is the mayor of Canterlot. She and her friend\servant Moondancer are the biggest bullies at the school, tormenting everyone just because she can. Unfortunately, it appears Trixie loves torturing her the most because she's a bakers daughter. Yay...

"4 years in a row, is that possible?" Cadance asked. Twilight rolled her eyes slightly as she made her cereal.

"Definitely, lucky me..." she said sarcastically.

"Don't say that!" Cadance said, chuckling slightly. "Its the start of a new year! I'm sure everything will be just fine." she said, giving Twilight a small nuzzle. Twilight nodded as she nuzzled back, smiling. Cadance always knew how to make her feel better. She put the box of cereal next to her but unfortunately caused a chain reaction. She knocked over an orange from the bowl of fruit, causing it to roll down on a ramp of bread, then rolling on top of the butter knife, causing it to flip over onto a spoon that was in a sugar cube bowl. Dozen of sugar cubes flew out of the bowl into Twilight's cereal. The splash caused Twilight to wince as it splashed her face and causing her to knock over the open milk on the floor and the open box of cereal into the sink. Twilight groaned as she brought a hoof to her forehead. She was always such a klutz.

Cadance couldn't help chuckle at the fiasco before getting paper towels to clean to mess. Twilight lifted the now half empty cereal and closing the lid properly. Cadance gave Twilight another nuzzle, causing her to smile once more. After everything was cleaned and put away, Twilight showered, packed her saddle bag with supplies and walked down stairs to the bakery. As she walked, she paused mid-step when she heard something.

Out of tune singing.

She chuckled and shook her head, knowing exactly who it was. Once she reached the bakery, she saw the her assumptions were correct. As Cadance was working the cash register, her father Shining Armor was singing while stocking sweets on the shelves. The large stallion turned around when he heard Twilight chuckling behind her hoof. Grinning, he levitated a small white box with the bakery's logo and gave it to her, all while still singing off key. Twilight gasped when she saw what was inside the box.

"Dad this is so awesome!" she said. Inside, there was two rows of freshly baked macaroons for her class.

"Glad you like them." he said, chuckling over Twilight's excitement. He closed the lid and gave it to her.

"Thank you dad! My class will love them!" she said as she took the box. "You're the best!" Shining smiled as he lifted a hoof and tussled her mane.

"We're the best!" he said while levitating a book. "Thanks to your amazing designs." Inside the book was the bakery's logo that Twilight drew for them. she blushed at the compliment, exited that what she drew was on the box. She giggled before jumping up and hugging her dad. However, while doing so, also dropped the box of macaroons. Quickly, Shining caught it with ease. "Woops!" he said before levitating it back to Twilight. Twilight giggled again before taking it with her magic. "Thanks." she said before leaning over to kiss her mom, then leaning toward her dad to kiss him as well.

"See you tonight!" she called behind her shoulder before running off, saddle bag on and macaroons safely in her magic. The door jingled as she trotted out, wanting to make it to school on time. She was about to cross the street but stopped quickly as a car passed by. She sighed in relief and smiled as she waited for the crossing lights to change only to gasp up ahead. In the middle of the street was an old female zebra with a wooden cane, trying to cross. She turned her head to see a truck coming by quickly. Thinking fast, she ran to the old zebra and quickly pulled her in time on the other side. She tripped when they arrived, narrowly missing the truck. The zebra smiled at her on the pavement.

"Thank you miss." she said as while Twilight was getting up. "What a disaster." The crossing sign changed and ponies were starting to cross. When Twilight fell, it caused her box to open and some of the macaroons fell out. She was about to grab them but she was too late when the ponies started to walk all over them. She gasped before levitating the box away, thankfully there was still a large amount of them left in the box.

"Its okay," she said, smiling to the zebra. "I'm no stranger to disasters." she rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. "Besides, there's still a few left." she offered one to the old zebra, who gladly accepted. She took a bite out of it before humming in satisfaction. "Mmm, they're delicious!" Twilight smiled widely, happy that the zebra was alright. However, her smile quickly vanished when she heard a school going off. She gasped. "Oh no I'm going to be late!" she bowed her head respectively to the stranger. "Have a nice day ma'am." she said before running off quickly. The zebra watched her go before chuckling. She looked inside her saddlebag before taking out the same small box as before, however much smaller.

"Thank you very much young lady." she said to herself as she put the box back into her saddle bag and walking off toward the bakery.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight ran as fast as she could to the school, thankfully somepony was coming out so that left the door open when she ran in. She ran through the halls and up the stairs as quickly as possible. When she arrived at the class room, she was really out of breath. She slowly walked into the class, thankfully the teacher, Miss Cheerlilee, was occupied with another student to worry about her.

"Pinkie pie, why don't you sit in the front row this year?" A pink earth pony with fizzy pink mane and a three balloon cutie mark raised her head from the back row lifted her head in slight surprise. It took her a bit to register what the teacher said since she was listening to her music before sighing slightly and lifting her saddle bag and walking to the front row. Twilight sat at the table behind her, one seat to the left. Twilight fiddled with her box, hoping it wasn't too broken from earlier, before jumping when a blue hoof slammed right next to it. In shock Twilight raised her head to see none other then the infamous smirk of Trixie Lulamoon. Great...

"Twilight Sparkle." she said. Twilight groaned. "Oh here we go again..." she muttered. Trixie glared at her, putting a hoof to her chest. "That's Trixie's seat." she said. She raised an eyebrow at the blue unicorn in confusion.

"But Trixie, this has always been my seat." Twilight said. Trixie rolled her eyes.

"Not anymore," Twilight jumped as she turned around and saw Moondancer sitting next to her, a smirk on her face as well. "New school, new year, new seats." she said, crossing her hooves over her think wool shirt. Trixie leaned on the table.

"So why don't you go sit next to that new girl over there." she said pointing to the front row. Twilight leaned to the left to see a white unicorn with purple curly mane and a three diamond cutie mark, absorbed into her phone in her magic. The unicorn turned her head and glared at Trixie, who only smirked back. Twilight looked back at Trixie.

"But..."

"Listen," she said, cutting off Twilight. "Rainbow Dash is arriving today and since that's going to be her seat," she pointed to the seat in front of them, next to Pinkie's. She slammed her hoof on the table and leaning in close to Twilight's face. "This is going to be Trixie's seat." she slammed her other hoof as well. "Get it?" Twilight blinked for a second before raising an eyebrow.

"Whose Rainbow Dash?" she asked, never hearing that name before. Trixie stared at her before her and Moondancer laughed.

"Can you believe she doesn't know who Rainbow Dash is?" she asked at Moondancer before looking at Twilight again. "What rock have you been living under?"

"She's only a famous model." Moondancer said. Trixie placed a hoof to her chest.

"And Trixie is her best friend. She adores me!" Twilight gave her a deadpanned look, which only
caused Trixie to get more annoyed. "Go on move!" she shouted, causing Twilight to wince.

"Hey!" All three of the turned around to see Rarity crossing her hooves in front of them, looking really mad. "Who elected you queen of seats?" she asked. Trixie scoffed at the unicorn.

"Oh look Moondancer, we've got a little do gooder in our class this year." she said before leaning in, glaring at her. "What are you going super newbie? Shoot beams at me with your horn?" This only caused the new mare to get even angrier as she leaned in as well, causing Trixie to lean back.

"Wouldn't you liked to know?" she asked before going around her and grabbing Twilight by the hoof. "Come on." she said, dragging her to the table. Twilight quickly levitated her stuff before following. However, Twilight miscalculated on where to step, causing her to trip and fall on her face. dropping her macaroons once again.

Trixie laughed behind her as she frantically grabbed her fallen stuff and whats left of the macaroons, blushing in embarrassment. "Sorry, sorry!" she said as she got up and sat down.

"Alright!" the teacher said as Trixie took her seat. "Has every pony found a seat?" she asked. Rarity nudge Twilight with her shoulder, giving her a small smile.

"Hey relax darling, no big deal." she said with a wave of her hoof. Twilight sighed.

"I so wish I can handle Trixie the way you do." Rarity chuckled as she levitated her phone.

"You mean the way Radiance does it." On the screen was a superhero pony. She a blue mask and outfit with blue diamonds on it, pink bracelets and necklace and pink diamonds in her mane and tail. "She says all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good ponies do nothing!" She place her phone down and turned her to Trixie. "While that mare over there is evil," She turned Twilight around back to the front, still a hoof around her shoulder. "we are the good ponies. We can't let her get away with it!" Twilight ears drooped slightly.

"Well that's easier said then done. She like to make my life miserable." The white unicorn shook her head.

"That's because you let her darling. You just need more confidence!" Twilight smiled gratefully before looking back at her box to see one macaroon left. With her magic, she lifted it and breaking it in half. She then gave one to the white unicorn, still smiling.

"Twilight." she said. The mare smiled back.

"Rarity." she said before grabbing the half and both of them bit into it at the same time.

"For those who yet don't know me, I'm Miss Cheerily." said the magenta earth pony as she finished writing her name on the board. "I'll be your teacher this year." Trixie wasn't paying attention to a word she said though as she starred bitterly at the empty chair in front of her. She groaned slightly to herself.

"Ugh, she should have been here by now." she muttered to herself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

In the city of Canterlot, a rainbow blur was flying through the sea of ponies. It was flying fast, kept looking behind her from time to time. A small saddle bag was on her back as she flew. After a bit, she stopped in front of the school for a quick breather. The blue teen aged pegasus quickly tried to catch her breath, trying to act conspicuous. It didn't help that she stopped in front of an add for perfume with her face on it. She looked behind her once more before jogging to the school. A car pulled up in front of the school and an earth pony mare with a white coat, a brown mane and tail tied in a bun, a red ascot and a cutie mark of in ink jar and a pen got out of the car, a stern look on her face. "Rainbow Dash, please reconsider!" she yelled out. The rainbow maned mare paused on the steps. "You know what your father want." she said as she walked up to the model with the driver, a minotaur, right behind her. Rainbow Dash frowned, pointing to herself.

"This is what I want to do." she said. She turned around back to the school but stopped when she heard a groan. She turned her head to see an old female zebra has fallen, can slightly far from her reach.

Rainbow immediately flew over to help. She landed before bending down and picking up the wooden cane. She handed it to the zebra who smiled gratefully as she got up. "Thank you young mare." she said, causing Rainbow to smile. She turned around but gasped as she saw both Raven, the earth pony secretary, and the minotaur standing at the stairs, blocking the entrance. She paused, debating to fly over them to get in before hanging her head low, sighing in defeat. She walked over to them, glaring at them both. "I just want to go to school like everypony else, what's so wrong with that?" she asked before sighing once more. "Please don't tell my dad about all this." she muttered before she was walked back into the car. Once inside, the minotaur drove away, leaving only the zebra. She nodded, smiling slightly before lifting her can and placed it in her saddle bag, whistling happily. She won't be needing it anymore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Back inside, the bell rang meaning its the end of class. "Those of you who have Pd, mister Soaring will be expecting you at the stadium." said Cheerily as the students packed their things. One of the students, Bulk Biceps, was about to leave when another student, Dumb Bell, handed him a note. Confused, Bulk opened it. "The rest of you can head over to the library." finished the teacher, but jumped in surprise when she heard on of her students yell.

"DUMB BELL!!" the white pegasus shouted, and was ready to punch the smirking Dumb Bell when Cheerily stopped him.

"Bulk Biceps what is going on?" she asked, frowning. Bulk paused mid-punch before pointing at the other pegasus.

"It's Dumb!" he said before going for the punch again. "You're so gonna get" "Bulk!" the teacher interrupted.

"Go to the principal's office!" she said pointing at the door. Bulks eyes widened before growling under his breath as he scrunched up the note and grabbing his bag. As he walked away, he passed the giggling Trixie and Moondancer, which only made him even more angrier.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

At King Umbrum's room, the large window started to open, causing the Breezy's to around when the light entered the room. Inside in the center, revealed King Umbrum opening his eyes as he felt something he enjoyed;

Anger.

He chuckled darkly. "This is perfect! Just what I need! Anger!" he extended his cane tighter, causing one on the Breezy's to land on it. "Madness! Burn a whole in his heart my little akuma!" he said as his horn glowed with the jewel on his cane. Absorbing the dark magic, the Breezy slowly transformed darker and more sinister looking. The once harmless Breezy was now a vicious black vampire Breezy. It flew off of the cane and towards to open slot at the window. "Fly away my little akuma! And evilise him!" he shouted with sadistic glee. The Breezy flew out of the window and now heading toward his first victim.

The akuma flew quickly through the breeze, over the rooftops of Canterlot, until it arrived at the school. It flew inside and headed straight to the principals office.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Principal Cranky Doodle was busy doing paper work when his door opened. He looked up to see a large white pegasus with a blond mane and tail and a cutie mark of a large dumbbell. The donkey frowned. "Excuse me young man , has any pony taught you how to knock?" he asked, causing Bulk's frown to go deeper. "Come on! Out you go!" he said pointing out the door. "Lets try this again!" Bulk groaned as he slammed the door shut and walked two paces before turning around again. "Go on knock!" the principal shouted impatiently. However, before Bulk could even blink, the akuma flew towards him took control of the balled up paper that was still in his hoof. Bulk gasped as the dark magic took over him, possessing the biggest emotion Bulk was feeling at the moment;

Revenge.

The dark magic surrounded him, making him feel slightly nauseous. The feeling went away though when he heard a voice in his head, and hypnotizing glowing green eyes started back at him.

Stone Heart, I am King Umbrum! Said the voice. I give you power to help you seek revenge on those who've wronged you!

The hypnotized Bulk smirked evilly. "Okay King Umbrum!" he said aloud. Slowly, the ball of paper started to glow and soon engulfed his whole body. Inside the office, Cranky was still waiting for Bulk to knock, but it never came. He frowned.

"Well?" he shouted through the door. "Come one in!" However, instead of a knock, the whole door broke down, causing Cranky to dodge under his desk and loosing his toopé in the process. As he shakily rose up, he gasped at what he saw. A large pegasus made of solid rock was panting angerly, pupiless eyes glowing green.

"DUMB BELL!!!!!!!" The monster shouted before marching off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

In the library, both Rarity and Twilight were at a table together, reading a magazine when a huge crash was heard, causing the whole building to shake. The shake caused both of the mares to fall of of their chairs. As Twilight tried to recover, Rarity was already up and ran to Twilight. "Come on!" she said as she ran off, pulling Twilight with her. They both ran to the front desk where the security cameras were. There was already a group of students there watching to film. "Did you hear that?" a student asked as they pointed to the film. The screen was splitted in four, and on one of the screens was a huge rock shaped pegasus Stomping on the side walk in front of the school, causing a huge crater.

"DUMB BELL!!!!!!!!!!" he shouted again before stomping off, trying to look for the pegasus. Cranky was shaking frantically as he looked out of his now broken window, telephone at ear.

"H-hello? G-get me the p-police! G-get me the a-army!"

Twilight gasped at the footage while other ponies were running around, screaming. "Whats going on?" she asked. "He had Bulks voice?" she said in disbelief. Rarity nodded in agreement.

"Its almost as if he was transformed into a real life supervillain!" she squealed excitedly before checking her phone. "GPS, check! Battery, check!" She put her phone away and looked at Twilight excitedly. "I am SO out of here!" she ran off to the doors.

"H-hey!" Twilight cried out, "Where are you going?" Rarity turned around, the biggest smile Twilight has ever seen on her face.

"Where there's a supervillain, there's always a superhero close by! There's no way I'm missing this!" Rarity opened the doors with her magic before running off to catch up with Stone Heart. Twilight scoffed in disbelief, how can such an elegant mare be so caught up with superheros? Either way, Twilight knew she's going to get in some serious trouble if she gets too close to the walking brick wall.

She looked back at the cameras to see Stone Heart trying to cross the street but a car stopped right in front of his. Angerly, the stones pegasus raised his front as the driver ran out of the car.

"DUMB BELL!!!!!!!!!!!" he shouted again as he crushed the car. Then he picked it up and threw it straight to the camera, causing Twilight to scream in fright.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Canterlot is known for their large buildings, the biggest being the mayors house. However, it doesn't makes Rainbow Dash's house huge compared to the smaller houses in Canterlot. Its simple really, the ponies with most bits in the bank has the biggest house. Rainbow's family is the second richest family in all of Canterlot. And it was a very large house, according to Zecora, the old zebra. She dug in her saddle bag and grabbed another box, looking exactly like the one she took out when she met Twilight. She nodded, grinning excitedly.

Inside, Raven and Rainbow were in the dining room, working on Rainbow's study. "Who was the first president of the fifth Prench republic?" Rainbow groaned, her head resting on her hoof, bored out of her mind.

"Every pony thinks it was Blueblood but it was really Fancy pants before the first elections." she said. Raven stopped pacing and looked up at the bored pegasus. "Excellent Rainbow." she said.

"Give me a minute, would you Raven?" she turned around to see the father at the door way. He was a gray unicorn with a tidy black mane and a dark blue suit with a red tie. Raven bowed her head.

"Yes sir." she said before leaving Rainbow and her father alone, but still staying in the room.

"You are not going to school, I've already told you." he said. Rainbow eyes widened as she stared at Raven in shock. Raven only stood still, not showing any emotion. She lowered her head at Rainbow's stare. Angerly, she stood up from her seat.

"But father,"

"Everything you need is right here." he interrupted. "Here where I can keep an eye on you. I am not to have you outside in the dangerous world." Rainbow glared at her unreasonable father.

"But it's not dangerous father, I'm always stuck here by myself. Can't I go out and make friends like every pony else?" she asked.

"Because you are not like every pony else! You are my daughter!" he said, glaring back. Rainbow tried to think of a rebuttal, but only decided to keep her mouth shut and sighed in defeat. Her father turned around. "Continue." he said as he walked away. Raven lifted the notebook to her face.

"We can leave it there for today if you..." Rainbow didn't hear the rest as she stormed off. She ran through the house to her, passing the family portrait on her way. The portrait showed three ponies looking happily. There was a younger version of Rainbow, there was her father Sombra and her deceased mother, a white unicorn mare with a rainbow mane like Rainbow, Celestia.

After dumping her books on her desk, she flopped on her bed with a frustrated groan. Outside, she heard lots of crashing and sirens causing her to get up in shock. She flew downstairs and out the front door before gasping at what she saw. In front of the house, outside the gate, was a barricade of cars. blocking the street and a large angry pegasus made of stone marched in the street. The chief of police was standing on top of cop car, three other unicorns were charging their horns."Ready..." said the chief.

"FIRE!"

All three unicorns fired magic at the monster. The creature hunched over, groaning. For a sec, the four cops though it worked, except they didn't think that it would start glowing. Nor did they think it would grow twice as big neither. The living statue growled, causing the four coups to run away. The chief jumped off his car and ran off, behind him Stone Heart grabbed the van and threw it at him, missing him by inches.

Rainbow quickly flew back in, right into her room. She hopped onto her couch and turned on the TV. Mayor Filthy Rich appeared on the screen, talking to the press.

"I'm asking all of Canterlot to stay home until the situation is under control." Dozens of reporters tried to ask him questions before the clip stopped and became in the right corner as a news anchor appeared on screen. Below the screen, the words read A SUPER VILLAIN IN CANTERLOT? "As incredible as it seems, it is conformed the Canterlot is indeed being attacked by a super villain. The police has been struggling to keep under control." The chief of police appeared on screen, a sling holding his right hoof. "Be confident the strong arm of the law will be crashing down on..." He winced in pain and stopped talking as he lifted his slingged hoof.

Twilight winced as well as she watched the news on her computer. "I hate first day back at school." she muttered to herself. She looked down before widening her eyes in shock.

Rainbow looked down at her table as well and widened her eyes in shock. Down on both tables were the two black boxes with red serpent dragon designs on them. Both of them blinked in surprise.

"Whats this doing here?" they both asked at the same time.