• Published 27th May 2016
  • 6,588 Views, 22 Comments

Tales of Love - Mister Phoenix



A tale of one-shots with Spike with one of the mane six

  • ...
16
 22
 6,588

Trying To Be Cool, (SpikeDash)

Spike was overjoy when he heard that Twilight call over her friends to talk about Friendship problems. Well, he wasn't overjoy about that. Spike was overjoy meaning his crush Rainbow Dash would be coming over.

Alright Spike. Play it cool Spike thought.

Rainbow Dash enter the castle a shock at most with her being the first one here. With how fast she is, Spike is surprise how late she can be.

Leaning his left claw on the crystal wall, Spike shot Rainbow a finger point and a wink, just for the cyan pegasus to ignore.

Running down ahead of her Spike tried the same thing with the same thing happening once again.

Rushing ahead of her again, Spike tried to put his left claw on the wall that wasn't there. Because of him standing on one foot, he fell to the ground causing Rainbow to look over at him in shock.

"Gosh Spike, are you alright?" Rainbow question.

Spike quickly got up to his feet, his head fill with pain trying his best not to rub it on how sore it is.

"Yeah I'm fine. I can just take falls like that, nothing hurts me" Spike lied, crossing his arms.

"Ok then, glad your not hurt" Rainbow said with a small smile, leaving Spike alone.

"Ow!" Spike cried out, once Rainbow was far enough away.

He began to rub his head, trying not to hit himself on how stupid he must have look in front of her.

Looking around he left to go to the library part of the castle. Spike look around the mass of book, there are easily over a thousand in this place. Spike eyes widen seeing a yellow book.

How To Be Cool For Dummies

"Why does Twilight have this anyway?" Spike question out loud.

Spike shook his head, flipping through the pages, seeing a line at made him smile.

Dark black sunglasses and a leather jacket are a sign to show how cool you are. Plus make you look like a rule breaker that is kind hearted, but doesn't play by the rules.

Spike click his fingers, in the spark of a... Idea. Eeyep, that does count as an idea. Spike rushed out of the crystal castle, just when the others started to come.

Spike with a bag of bits, went to a small shop that sells random stuff. Clothes, jewels, plates, cups, money tins, and much more. Spike looked through grabbing dark sunglasses and a black small leather jacket.

Paying for them, the young drake put his new cool items that would help him win Rainbow's heart.

Spike did a oblivious walk through the town, giggles held by a hooves, trying their best to hold in their laughter into Spike went by.

He snap his fingers at a pair of mares, thinking that the two fainted at the site of how cool he is. Not them falling to the ground in laughter.

Spike couldn't help, but crack a grin. Just the feeling of coolness and just being awesome would clearly catch Rainbow's eye.

The young drake open up his "How To Be Cool book," finding the next page that suits him best.

Cool Talk:

There are many ways to sound hip and cool. These words with the right swagger, keys words are.

Sup dog
Hows it hangin' (Ponies think it cool to misspell words)
Chillin'
Nothin' T-Bone
What's up dude?

These words and more will have mares on the floor of how cool you are.

Spike hid his book, when Rainbow landed next to him.

"Hey have you seen my friend Spike anywhere?" Rainbow question, causing Spike to look at her in shock.

"Yo RD, its me Spike T-bone. Hows it chillin'?" Spike question causing Rainbow to bust out laughing.

"Yeah right, well I gotta find my friend later!" Rainbow said, still laughing as she rocket into the sky.


Spike watch Rainbow flying off in the sky, the young drake stood frozen in place, his sunglasses hung on the end of his nose. His eyes show complete disbelief, he turn to look at himself in the mirror that was on his right.

Why didn't Dash think I was cool? Spike thought

Spike looked over his book he held in his claws, he began to once again flip the pages. His eyes looled at the titles seeing if there was anything there.

"Maybe, I'm just not meant to be cool" Spike said, dropping his book before walking away with his head hang.

Taking off the clothes the drake sat down at a huge oak tree with a sigh. He looked at himself in the water, just a broken down piece of mess. Were the first things that came to his mind.

Rainbow Dash landed next to him with a sigh. From the look on her face, the cyan mare looked disappointed.

"Hey Dash" Spike said, spooking the mare.

"What? Oh hey Spike where have you been? I'm been looking all over for you, since you walked out in the morning, heck I even ran into this dumb dork!" Rainbow explain.

"Yeah that dumb dork was me" Spike said, his eyes looking at the ground.

"I mean, umm.... I have no way out of this" Rainbow said with a nervous laugh and a rub of the neck.

"Yeah, I like you. A lot and well I know that you only go for cool and awesome ponies. I thought that you wouldn't like me like how I like you until you seen how cool I am." Spike said, he saw that Rainbow was stuck in thought.

"Huh. That does explain a lot, but Spike you're already awesome in your own way. I kind of like you too," Rainbow face move to hide her blush.

"Ever since you save the Cystal Empire. Well I was a little afraid that you wouldn't like me"

"So, are we a couple now?" Spike asked, a little confused.

"Of course we are, you dork" Rainbow said, lighty punching his arm.

"So I'm a dork now" Spike said, woth a raised eyebrow.

"That what makes you cool" Raonbow said, getting close to him.

"But that doesn't make-" Spike started

"Look Spike you could think about this, or we could kiss" Rainbow said.

Spike smiled at the mare, before tge two started their new relationship with the first kiss.

Author's Note:

Well umm... First time trying SpikeDash, I didn't like writing these two together like, Pinkie and Spike. I really enjoy that chapter, but seeing Twilight and Fluttershy are the last two I hadn't ship with Spike yet, I'm just wondering if I would like that ship. What, oh right I'm meant to BS my way through these.

Umm... A chapter each week if I'm not lazy, or if I'm not working on Batmare Meets Supermare, The Deadly Three, or Po-Gi-Oh Two. Question time, because this is only going to be six chapters long, would anyone want to see the crusaders in their on chapters? I know I already done, Mistletoe Kiss, After The Mistletoe, Homework, Sweet and Sour Apples, so I have ship Spike with each one of them, I'm just wondering