• Published 27th May 2016
  • 6,598 Views, 22 Comments

Tales of Love - Mister Phoenix



A tale of one-shots with Spike with one of the mane six

  • ...
16
 22
 6,598

Cup Cakes and Scales, (SpikePie)

The clock move, ticking through the colorful room. A pink Earth pony mare lay fast sleep, the sun began to rise over the grassy hills, causing her head to bolt up.

She rushed to open the two big windows looking over the town with a big smile.

"Good Morning Ponyville!" Pinkie Pie cried out.

Pinkie rush down the stairs right past a tired Mr and Mrs. Cake the runners of the shop that Pinkie thinks is the bestest, best in the whole in Equestria.

"So is the plan, the game plan. The mission, is it impossible?" Pinkie question, while in bounce in place.

Cupcake rubbed her eyes before letting out a small yawn. Pinkie waited, with her smile and her bouncing somehow not tired.

"Not of yet Pinkie, we just woke up. You could get some cup cakes ready, while I set up the shop" Mrs. Cake said, Pinkie giving her a slautet.

"Yes, Ma'am. I'll make those cup cakes in tip top shape" Pinkie said, before rushing into the kitchen.

Once in the kitchen, Pinkie began to hum herself a song while she work on the cup cakes. A ring at the door was a bit of a surprise seeing no pony normal isn't up until much later.

Pinkie looked out of the kitchen window her smile grew bigger seeing the purple drake, Spike enter Sugar Cube Corner.

"Hey Mrs. Cake. I know I'm early, but Twilight really wants cup cakes for breakfast" Spike said, Pinkie watch with a small sigh. With how cute Spike looks with his little smile.

"Sorry dearly, but we're not even open yet" Mrs. Cake said, Pinkie eyes widen in shock seeing Spike's smile drop.

This will not do! Pinkie thought

"He can help me make some. That way it gets done faster and he can gets his cup cakes early" Pinkie said, getting the three to look at her.

"That's a awesome idea, Pinkie!" Spike said, causing her to blush. "You don't mind?" He wondered looking over at Mrs Cake.

"Of course not dearly. You and Pinkie have fun. Alone, together" Mrs. Cake said, giving Pinkie a wink.

Pinkie let out a nervous laugh, her eyes moving quickly left and right. For awhile, she have been feeling quite strange, but only around Spike. Her cheeks heat up, her legs began to feel weak, and she just can't talk. The party pony of Ponyville never felt her Pinkie Sense do that before, but ever since that one day when it all change.

Just like when The Fire Nation attack. Pinkie thought to herself. She let out a small giggle, Oh right flashback, sorry I'll behave


Pinkie hope through the town, a smile on her face. Bring joy where ever there was sadness around. It was a lovely day, until a voice called her over.

Pinkie turn to look at Spike calling her name, while he sat in the park. Pinkie gave a shrug and trotted to sit to him.

"Hiya Spike, what's up?" Pinkie asked, humming.

"Nothing much, I was wondering if you want to go to get a hayburger with me?" Spike asked, rubbing his claw getting all nervous.

"Sure thing Spike!" Pinkie answer, her smile grew bigger.

"Great, you want to go now. Don't I can pay" Spike said, Pinkie letting out a cute giggle.

"Oh that so sweet. I'll love to go now. Lead the way to the lunch!" Pinkie cried out, holding her hoof high in the sky.

"Sure" Spike said giving his own shrug.

Spike and Pinkie walked towards the Hayburger. The two took their seat Pinkie ordering the meal for fillies and colts because she like the toys and Spike just ordering his normal double with large chips.

"So then I said, 'What, you gotta be, cheesing me!" Pinkie finished, Spike letting out a laugh.

Pinkie just finish how her last talk with Cheese Sandwich went, making a bad pun off of it was the Pinkie Pie way.

"Pinkie, stop" Spike said, causing Pinkie to stop in her tracks.

"Sorry I'm just really tired. I stayed up all night yesterday to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me" Spike finish causing Pinkie to let out a loud laugh.

"Spike your terrible!" Pinkie said with a small laugh.

Spike let his own laugh out, while he rubbed the back of his neck. For some reason he looked nervous.

"Well maybe I am" Spike answered

"Spike I do like this, but why did you want to take me out to lunch?" Pinkie question causing Spike to chock on nothing.

"Umm... Well that easy. Because I wanted to. You always make others feel happy and spread your joy around the whole town. Well, I wanted to just make you happy for everything" Spike said, causing Pinkie to blush.

The times she is thankful for her pink coat. Which was all the time seeing how her favourite colour is pink, the best colour in Equestria.

Pinkie looked over at the clock on the wall, with a gasp escaping her lips.

"I'm so sorry Spike. I gotta go, Mrs Cake wanted me at Sugar Cube Corner at one" Pinkie said getting out of her seat and taking her toy.

"Thanks for the lunch" she said, giving him a small kiss on the check before leaving.

While Pinkie bounce back to Sugar Cube Corner she began to wonder why she gave Spike a Princess Peach kiss.

He didn't save me from Bowser! But he so cute Pinkie's inner thoughts fought with each other.

She enter Sugar Cube Corner, butterflies still in her stomach. She began to help with the ponies in the shop, her mind racing with thoughts of Spike.

Mrs. Cake looked at her letting out a small laugh at how Pinkie acted.

"Huh?" Pinkie said, moving her head sideways.

"Oh nothing dearly. It just you're acting just like me when I first got a crush on Carrot Cake" Mrs. Cake said, causing Pinkie eyes to move left and right.

"Crush? Don't be silly willy. I don't have a crush, even if Spike is cute, sweet, caring..." Pinkie said going on lost in thought.

Mrs. Cake let out another giggle, "Sure you don't." She said, she shot Pinkie a wink causing the party pony to let out a nervous laugh.


Pinkie sat in silence with Spike who was putting the eggs in the bowl. The two just finish a dozen cup cakes, Spike offer to help Pinkie make one more set before leaving to go back to Twilight.

"So, Spike" Pinkie began not knowing where to go.

"Yeah, Pinkie?" The young drake asks her, while he whisks yet another bowl of batter.

His cute face staring back at her was making her suddenly embarrassed. She always knew what to say to ponies! Mrs. Cake's observation really wasn't off the mark.

"W-well... I have something I need to confess." Pinkie said, trying to hide her blush.

"Oh, don't worry, I've known for awhile now it was you who stuck taffy in the friendship scrapbook." Spike said, waving his free claw.

"That's not- wait... what?! No it wasn't!" Pinkie cried out, her eyes shifted.

Spike puts down the better he was mixing to cross his arms and raise an eyebrow to show he wasn't buying it.

"I guess you've got me there, nutritive really got something I need to get off my chest." Pinkie said in a serious tone.

Spike eyes show complete confusion on what Pinkie said, the party pony is the most random mare in Ponyville. So when she uses her most serious tone of voice meant that it was something important. Well, mostly important, last time was because there wasn't enough balloons in her room.

"Pinkie whatever it is, I'll listen" Spike said that smile that Pinkie loved most of all.

She took a deep breath before she blurted; "The truth is... I like you Spike!"

"I know, we're friends aren't we?" Spike said, becoming a little nervous.

"I meant more than just a friend, because you're cute, funny, sweet and well, did I say cute already? My heart is feeling like I just celebrated a hundred birthdays! Any who, I love you Spikey!"

Spike stood there in complete shock. Before shaking his head quickly.

"Really?!" Spike said in shock.

Pinkie eyes fell to look at the ground, with her smile drop with her mane, to top it off with her hoof moving around in a circle on the ground.

"What I mean is that well I love you too." Spike said, causing Pinkie to return back to her smiling self.

"I have been for awhile, that why I ask you on that date a few weeks ago. I didn't know you felt the same" Spike said.

"Are you kidding! That when I got a crush on you!" Pinkie cried out, pulling Spike into an unexpected kiss.

When parted Spike rubbed his head with a sheepish grin, "Can you tell me next time you going to do that."

"So can I do it again?" Pinkie question, causing Spike to smile.

Author's Note:

So this was hard to write at the end, but SpikePie is really cute. I mean I'm a heartless monster so it doesn't really doesn't do anything for me. There really should be more Pinkie x Spike stories out there, well next up is *cough, cough, cough*

Sorry I start coughing every time something isn't explained. Maybe I should see my doctor about that, meh. I talked long enough, see you all in chapter three.