• Published 27th May 2016
  • 6,587 Views, 22 Comments

Tales of Love - Mister Phoenix



A tale of one-shots with Spike with one of the mane six

  • ...
16
 22
 6,587

The Sweetest Gemstone, (Sparity)

The sun hang over the small country town of Ponyville. The light winds blew through the town, everypony having a smile on their face with the town's favourite pony bouncing and spending her joy with the whole town.

While Pinkie Pie jump and bounce around, inside the clothes shop for ponies called Carousel Boutique, a snow white unicorn work on her next project. Her eyes show how tired she was at the moment, trying her best to fight off the up coming yawn.

Rarity stop for a small moment to go and make herself a cup of tea to help her stay awake for the day. She let out a soft sigh when she finish her drink, bolting awake she made her way over to her plans for the dress.

Ordered by her friend running the shop she own in Canterlot. The purple mane unicorn began to hum a small song to herself. The place, her shop just seem empty well that what Rarity saw after a small time.

Normally she would have Sweetie Belle around to keep Rarity from feeling alone, but the main thing missing was a small young drake. Her Spikey Wikey, it has only been two weeks since she told the young drake she would never return his feelings.

The young drake known as Spike, shock it off. With a smile on his lips, he try to stand as tall as his small body let him.

"Don't worry Lady Rarity. I win your heart someday" Spike said, smiling and standing tall.

That was the last Rarity saw of him. The whole place felt empty, she felt heart broken. Her mind began to think about the young drake, wondering if he found a new crush, or did he find a mare friend and forgot about her!

Her mind couldn't sit still, it was hard to understand why. One thought after another and all about Spike, even feeling jealous with how Spike hug the Dragon Lord, Ember. What made her more special?

Rarity shock her head, it was perfectly clear to see that Spike had a crush on her, but did she have a crush on him? It sounds quite ridiclous, having feeling for someone much younger. In dragon years, Spike couldn't be too old maybe fifteen, but in pony years he's still a baby, a young drake.

Plus a dragon and a pony? Because dragons greed and well hate towards ponies, they don't work well with each other. There have been crossbreeds with Griffons and ponies, but a dragon greed is never ends.

They just keep getting more gems or coins, gold. Whatever catches the dragon eye, would Spike go back into his greed if he finally got her? If his crush was a school hood one, he would've move on already.

But, he stay. He waited, for her. Never wanting anypony else, even some days where Rarity try to set Spike up with a filly, Sweetie Belle was taken and so was Scootaloo with the two not doing well hiding the fact that they was together.

The one left was Apple Bloom, but both her and Spike didn't see any love towards each other, just friendship. It was strange, she never gets a strange answer why Spike likes her, sure she have asked. But it the answer is almost always one note.

"Because I do"

It makes no sense and it didn't even have any reason behind it. No, big speech about the un-dying love towards her, or if he lay awake at night thinking about her. Just a simple by the numbers answer.

It was just weird, every romance book she have read told her that the stallion would tell the mare how his world is incomplete without her or how he sweeps her off her hooves. Not here, here it just like Spike doesn't care or want to show his feelings.

It like he thinks Rarity already know about his feeling towards her and just doesn't care to tell her something she already know. Now, she felt like she didn't, Rarity head was empty she didn't know how Spike felt towards her or was it she didn't know how she felt towards him?

Ii was all just so confusing. Everything about this, what made Spike different from other stallions she had eyes on? Well for starters he cared for her and treated her like a real lady should be treated.

He always willing to help her out, even giving away his own Fire Ruby to her. Rarity let out a frustrated moan, here she was her mind only thinking about Spike and good he is to her when she meant to finish her new line of dresses!

Why did Spike haunt her mind, it just as bad when she had a crush on Blueblood and Trenderhoof! Oh great that just made thing worst, here she was far behide and now a dragon who she show no real feelings to is now a crush.

It was all so confusing, once more the whole thing felt strange, but it felt right. Warm and nice, her heart beat faster thinking about the young drake that haunted her thoughts.

But, why? Why now? Why did she start feeling this way towards him, besides early like when Spike tried telling her how he felt towards her. Then she stopped him, why? Because she didn't want to hear it.

Now she does, she wants to hear it. She needs to hear why Spike still have feeling to her after everything that she had done to him! Rarity bit her lip, this all didn't make any sense, Discord mostly take joy to Rarity's fighting with herself.

Rarity rubbed her head, she stopped everything. Just thinking about Spike, the reason came to her mind. A smile grew on her lips.

Rarity left her shop, locking the door. Trotting down the shinning town of Ponyville. With a spring in her step, she walked past ponies giving a smile and a wave.

Rarity enter the Castle of Friendship, her smile somehow grew bigger seeing Spike sitting on his small throne reading his Power Ponies Comic.

Rarity tapped him on the shoulder, causing the drake to drop his comic.

"Hey Rarity" Spike said with a smile.

Rarity bought her lips to the side of his cheek, giving a kiss causing Spike to start acting dorky. Just looking at her with clear confusion.

"Because I do" Rarity said with a wink.

Author's Note:

You guys really need to change the shipping name of Rarity and Spike it so hard to remember and I'm pretty sure it is impossible to say. It doesn't even roll off the tongue unlike Applespike, Twispike, SpikeDash, Spikepie? Or is it PinkieSpike? I'll have to look that up when I get to writing those two.