• Published 12th May 2016
  • 771 Views, 1 Comments

The Legend of Courage - Shadow Master



Ben stay with Twilight Sparkle and her friends at Ponyville? Can he adapt it? What's secret behind his Cutie Mark?

  • ...
14
 1
 771

Chapter 4: Secret of Cutie Mark

Twilight Sparkle and all of her friend sobbed and cried tearfully in despair, so as other Ponyville Town Ponies. They were not mourning Ben Mare as he was 'killed' by the Hydra during the fight. All they could was to show some respect to the defeated hero by lowering their heads. They also prayed and mourned for him.

"I've let him down again," Twilight Sparkle sobbed tearfully, "I wish we could have done something for him. I-"

Applejack hugged Twilight Sparkle in comfort, "There was nothing you can do, Twi. There was nothing any of us can do..."

The rest of Mane Six and Cutie Mark Crusaders nodded in agreement about Applejack's facts. Flash Sentry and Koga watched mountains of boulders trapped and buried the Hydra to the ground, except her one dead head on outside. The wolf cub whined tearfully and upset. Flash Sentry looked down while crying as he was petting Koga's head.

Flash Sentry slammed his hoof on the ground hard, "I'm really sorry, Ben. I mess up badly. I wish I could have done something for you. None of this had happen."

Twilight Sparkle and her friends yelped in surprise as they turned and found one headed Hydra moving and shaking like she was trying to move. Merluck and his cohorts looked surprise of the event. Ponyville Town Ponies yelped in fear and shock. Twilight Sparkle and all of her friends armed and readied to attack. Whatever happens, they have to defend the innocents before they get killed.

As the Hydra continued shaking her head, her mouth struggled opening like something is coming out from it. As her mouth opened widely, a familiar pony dropped to the ground as he grunted and moaned painfully yet dizzily. Everyone gasped in shock of what they just saw.

"It's Ben! He's alive!" Twilight Sparkle exclaimed in shock yet happily.

Ponies then went wild and happy, even Twilight Sparkle and all of her friends. Ben grunted painfully as he struggled standing up. He has lots of scars around his body especially covered in Hydra's both slime and acid. He breathed and panted heavily yet relief as he waved back to them.

The ponies charged towards him at once. Twilight Sparkle and her friends jumped and hugged Ben tightly and passionately. Bulk Biceps helped and carried the heroes and heroines up, with his right strong bicep hoof while the rest helped as well. Koga jumped on Ben's back as it licked on his face. After grabbing the mysterious sword from the ground, Flash Sentry regrouped with the rest as he gave Ben a noogie.

Ben chuckled painfully yet nervously, "You know what, guys? That was heroic."

"It sure is, buddy. You really won by the landslide!" Flash Sentry exclaimed happily.

"[Rainbow Dash] That was so totally awesome! [Cutie Mark Crusaders] Ben is the hero! Ben is ther hero! Ben is the hero! [Applejack] Yeah. Nopony could have kill that monster. [Rarity] Indeed. We may have the experience with dealing with monsters, none can defeat the most vile creature as this one. [Fluttershy] That was courageous of you. [Pinkie Pie] That scene is so amazing especially when you tried to escape the Hydra's multi-heads for a long time. Longer than Disney's Hercules's fight with Hydra!"

Spike chuckled in amusement, "I think she means you're lucky to survive it."

Nyx giggled, "Yeah! My friends are so gonna get jealous when we four are with our current and new heroes!"

Twilight Sparkle sighed, "I'm just glad that the fight is over. And promise me something?"

"What's up?" Ben asked in amusement.

Twilight Sparkle groaned while gave an angry looks, "Don't ever do this again! Understand?"

Ben gulped, "Yeah. And I thought that dealing with Hydra is worse than her."

"What was that?!" Twilight Sparkle demanded in annoyance.

"Nothing!" Ben exclaimed quickly.

Merluck and his cohorts were in shock and surprise of the event. He groaned in anger and disappointment of the event.

"Father will not be pleased of it..." Merluck said in annoyance.

He and his minions then entered the portals at once before they disappeared...


At the Ponyville Hospital, Doctor Hearts was treating and tending Ben's wounds and injuries from surgery chamber. His head, his left hoof, chest and flank were wrapped by the bandage, while others were placed by plaster and medicine oil. Twilight and her friends were there as they were watching and keeping an eye on him. As Ben is completely bandaged, Doctor Hearts turned to Twilight Sparkle.

"How is he?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

Doctor Hearts smiled, "He's fine for now. While he is now released, he needs some serious resting. I suggest that he must not do any activity or even exercise especially heroic training and mission. He's lucky to survive the landslide especially Hydra's teeth. They usually just swallow their meals up while not chewing or licking them. You must be her favorite chew toy."

"Please, don't say that." Ben said in annoyance. He sighed, "It looks like I'm out for training."

Flash smiled, "Not to worry, I came prepared - 'Heroes for Dummy'. It will help you a lot to become a better hero."

"If you need some help, you can ask us," Applejack smiled.

Everyone nodded and chatted in agreement, "Yeah."

Ben sighed in relief, "Thanks, Flash. It means me well. What's say we go home?"

"Good idea. And remember - no hero stuffs when you're in bad condition," Twilight Sparkle said in annoyance.

Ben chuckled nervously, "Sure. Won't happen again."

Twilight Sparkle and her friends emerged from surgery chamber as they all headed to the lobby. They found thousands of ponies standing before them. They even read 'We're sorry, Prince Ben' banners. Ben was confused and shocked while Twilight Sparkle and her friends knew about it.

"What's this?" Ben asked.

Mayor Mare bowed, "As mayor, I would like to speak, on behalf of all ponies of Ponyville Town. We are sorry. We shouldn't have invade your privacy and ruin your day with your friends and family. Because of that, you almost got yourself killed by that monster. We promised that we will never and ever do that again. Pleas forgive us."

Ponyville Town Ponies bowed down in shame, "Please, forgive us, Prince Ben."

Ben hummed a bit before sighed, "It's okay. I forgive you. Just promise me that you won't come after me for some autographs or photos again, unless there's some problem. Got it?"

"Yes, your majesty! We understand!" Ponyville Town Ponies cheered.

"It's-!" Ben groaned, "Forget it. Prince, highness or whatever; that's fine for me. After all, I am Princess Celestia's adopted son. Just don't interrupt my regular days with my friends and girlfriend."

"Yes, sir!" Ponyville Town Ponies cheered.

Rainbow Dash held the mysterious sword, "Any idea of what is this?"

"Though I'm not entirely interesting in sword fighting," Rarity said while looking at the sword, "but it is very interesting one."

Fluttershy nodded, "Yes. Because of it, you survive the Hydra."

Ben shrugged, "Yeah, I am. Whatever it is, I'll learned about it sooner or later. So, what's next?"

Pinkie Pie and Cutie Mark Crusaders squealed and cheered, "PARTY TIME! ZERO TO HERO!"

Applejack nodded, "Pinkie's right. It's time for party about you beating the Hydra up!"

Twilight Sparkle smiled, "You deserve it. But don't overdo it, Ben."

"Don't worry, I will keep an eye on him," Flash said in amusement, "After all, I'm his best friend."

Ben huffed, "Very funny. Come on, let's party!"

Ponyville Town Ponies cheered wildly and happily as they all headed straight to Sugarcube Corner for celebrating Ben's heroic victory over the Hydra...


At the unknown area, Merluck was speaking another black hooded pony sitting on his throne chair. The latter hummed calmly.

"So, my pet died? And this boy is the one?"

Merluck nodded as he bowed down, "Forgive me, father. I am sorry for Morgana's death."

Black Hood pony sighed, "Her sacrifice is not in vain. In fact, we finally found the one who will one day possessed all three of them. When the time comes, we will have them under our grasp. Equestria and the other realm will be ours to control. Merluck, continue the progress of training and recruiting the last member of organization."

Merluck nodded, "It will be done, Superior."

"It better be. It better be. The war is coming..."


At night time, Twilight Sparkle and her friends were on their way back to Golden Oak Library where they found Princess Celestia, Princess Luna and Spell Nexus waiting inside of it. They were surprised and shocked of it.

"Mom? Aunt Luna? Headmaster? What are you doing here?" Ben Mare asked in surprise. He gulped fearfully, "You're not mad at me about fighting with Hydra, are you?"

Princess Celestia sighed in annoyance, "I'm not happy about it. We will talk about it later, Ben. But we're here to discuss about your Cutie Mark."

"Really?" Twilight Sparkle and her friends asked in surprise.

Ben gasped, "You found the answer?"

Princess Celestia nodded, "Yes. Spell Nexus has found the answers behind your Cutie Mark, Ben. Wait! Is that Master Sword?!

"Uh... Yes? What's so special about it?"

"This sword belonged to its master. You have awakened it! It is said that it creates a masses of powerful energy to not only defeat its enemies but also the city. There are more than just one weapon. But one thing for sure, you possessed one of the lost legend of Triforce Cutie Mark - Courage."

"The what?" Everyone but Royal Sisters and Spell Nexus asked in shock and surprise.

Spell Nexus cleared his throat, "The Legendary Triforce Cutie Mark - an ancient yet powerful weapon has ever created since the beginning. It possessed three essences: the fiery sun - Courage, the gentle moon - Wisdom and even Scale of Balance - Power. Each of three possessed its own special abilities and traits in making the wielder special.

Courage makes the wielder stronger when one is willing to face its danger fear. For Wisdom, it makes the wielder wiser if one is patient and calm in dire situation. Power helps and increase the warrior's abilities when one is at critical level. When three united as one, the wielder will become powerful as none will able to defeat him."

Twilight Sparkle and her friends chatted in surprise and amazement about Triforce especially Ben Mare. He's excited and happy to hear it - if he can get other two, he can be powerful and invincible to help his friends and family.

Princess Celestia sighed fearfully, "But it comes with price - you must be harmony at all time. If you shown your dark side, you'll be in grave danger."

"Indeed. Power can be very dangerous element to deal with especially to the wielder," Princess Luna said in concern, "It could corrupt and destroy you. Beware of it."

Ben Mare looked very worry and concern about it. Twilight Sparkle and her friends joined in as well. They really hated to see him get corrupted and destroyed by the Triforce Elements if he ever shown his dark side.

Princess Celestia smiled, "Do not worry, Ben; you are in safe. There is nothing to worry about."

"Wait! If you say there are three Triforce Elements, where's the other two?" Flash Sentry asked curiously.

Princess Luna sighed, "I do not know..."

"But one day... And someday, it will come," Princess Celestia said calmly. Twilight Sparkle and her friends were in confuse and concern about it. She smiled, "When the Cutie Mark glowed, it will guide and led you to find one and another. It means the trial awaits your arrival, Ben."

"So, I have to wait?" Ben asked in shock. Princess Celestia nodded of confirmation. He sighed, "Great. I was hoping that I can help my friends, with all three of them."

Princess Celestia smiled as she patted Ben's shoulder, "Cheer up, Ben. You still have time. For now, enjoy your life at Ponyville as well as sharpening your skills as the warrior. So, you wouldn't want to get yourself eaten by the Hydra again."

Ben groaned, "Mum... Please don't remind me of that again. I'm gonna get sick..."

Everyone then laughed in amusement and happily about Ben's complain of getting eaten by Hydra. Ben groaned in annoyance.

Princess Celestia sighed, "But what's important that you learned your lesson - stay with Twilight Sparkle and never astray from your allies. The world can be very dangerous especially the enemies may tried to kill you for Triforce Elements."

"Don't worry, Princess Celestia," Twilight Sparkle said calmly, "We won't let anything happen to your son. Not by my watch."

Flash Sentry nodded, "Yeah. You can count on us to help him."

Mane Six and Cutie Mark Crusaders smiled and nodded, "YEAH!"

Princess Celestia smiled, "I'm glad to hear. Now, would you like to care to tell me a story of how you fare the battle against the Hydra? Not a lot of ponies survived that."

Ben groaned in annoyance, "Boy... Do I have a story to tell you, mom? And believe me, I hate getting myself eaten alive. I hate going inside the monster's stomach."

Spell Nexus gasped, "Oh! I almost forgot to tell. Beware of some monsters - they may tried to eat you because your power influenced them for immortality and powers."

"Terrific... Thanks a lot..." Ben said in annoyance.

Instead of gloaming or complaining, he laughed happily. His friends and family joined in as well. Despite some bad days, they have some good times in the end.


At late night, ponies returned home for asleep after some crazy adventure. Ben and Twilight Sparkle helped and get Nyx and Spike to sleep. They're now on the same bed as they're ready to sleep.

"Twilight, thank you for everything," Ben thanked happily, "Sorry for the early mess. I promised that I won't do that stunt again."

Twilight Sparkle smiled as she nuzzled Ben's nose gently, "You'd better, or I will come after you. I love you, Ben."

Ben smiled, "I know. Goodnight, my little princess."

"Goodnight too, Ben..."


Back in Present...

With the chapter ended, the RESTORE stopped its system now. Twilight Sparkle and her friends got off from the beds as they all chatted happily about how epic the fight that Ben has with the Hydra. Shorty Thinking smiled happily to see them.

"I'd take that everyone enjoy the ride?" Shorty Thinking asked.

Rainbow Dash nodded, "Totally! Now that's epic! Better than Boris's fight!"

"Yeah. Nopony could ever get out from Hydra alive. Ben is the first pony to do that," Applejack commented.

Pinkie Pie giggled, "I can't wait to see him fight with another Hydra. It would be so another double epic!"

"I don't think that's a good idea," Fluttershy said in concern.

Rarity nodded, "Indeed. I think fight one hungry monster is enough for any of us."

"Yeah. Ben is now in panicked mode again..." Twilight Sparkle said in concern as she saw how frightened and panicked Ben is now after the experience. Flash Sentry is trying to calm Ben down. She sighed, "I think that experience frightened Ben off now. Poor Ben. He hates going inside the monster's stomach especially a snake-like monster."

"Yeah..." Everyone nodded in agreement.

Ben screamed fearfully, "I hate HYDRA! I really hate going inside the stomach!"

END...

Review and Suggest...

Main Casts:
Tara Strong: Twilight Sparkle
Jason Marsden: Ben Mare
Vincent Tong: Flash Sentry
Ashleigh Ball: Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Lyra Heartstrings, Daisy
Andrea Libman: Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Bon-Bon
Tabitha St. Germain: Rarity, Princess Luna, Photo Finish, Granny Smith
Frank Welker: Morgana the Hydra, Koga, Manticore

Minor Casts:
Cathy Weseluck: Spike, Mayor Mare, Lily
Michelle Creber: Apple Bloom
Claire Corlett: Sweetie Belle
Madeleine Peters: Scootaloo
Daveigh Chase: Nyx
Tom Felton: Merluck
Eric Stuart: Wilco
Meredith McCoy: Suffocator Jill
Cree Summer: Starven Fran
Tom Hiddleston: Deadly Rager

Cameo:
Skip Stellrecht: Shorty Thinking
Nicole Oliver: Princess Celestia, Cheerilee
Corey Burton: Spell Nexus
Peter New: Big McIntosh, Doctor Hearts
Graham Verchere: Pipsqueak
Chantal Strand: Diamond Tiara
Shannon Chan-Kent: Silver Spoon
Kazumi Evans: Rose
Tim Curry: The Superior

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment