• Published 11th May 2016
  • 1,988 Views, 26 Comments

Silly Pony Stories - Highlord Langslock

  • ...
2
 26
 1,988

Sugarcoat Tries to be Nice #1

“Alright Sugarcoat, you can do this,” Sugarcoat said to herself. “It’s no different from what you usually do-just focus on her positive qualities.”

Taking a deep breath, Sugarcoat walked up to Fleur de Lis as she was eating her lunch. “Hello,” she said.

Fleur looked up at her. “Hello Sugarcoat.”

“Listen, I just wanted to tell you that you look really pretty,” said Sugarcoat.

Fleur blinked in surprise. “You-you really think so?” she asked shyly.

“It’s not that I think so, it’s an undeniable fact by society’s standards in this day and age,” said Sugarcoat. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m not hitting on you or anything, but you really are beautiful.”

Fleur smiled, her cheeks turning a rosy pink. “Why, thank you Sugarcoat.”

Sugarcoat smiled as well, pleased with how smoothly things were going. “Yeah, you won’t have to worry about any financial problems after you graduate.”

“What do you mean by that?” asked Fleur.

“Well, with your looks, you won’t have any trouble attracting a rich guy who would be happy to marry you and take care of you in-lieu of you getting a job,” Sugarcoat explained.

Fleur frowned. “Why would I want that?”

Sugarcoat shrugged. “Well, we all know how dismal your grades are in Math, English, Science, and just about every other ‘hard’ subject, which will limit your chances of getting a high-paying job after college.”

“Are you saying I’m stupid?!” Fleur demanded, getting up to glare at Sugarcoat in the face.

Sugarcoat took a step back. “What? No, of course not, I’m just saying that it’s unlikely that you’ll be able to successfully pursue a career that will allow you to maintain the standard of living you are currently used to, but you don’t have to worry about that because your billionaire husband will support you financially.”

“So your saying that the only way I can succeed in life is as a gold digger?!” Fleur shrieked.

Sugarcoat tugged at the hem of her shirt; she was starting to sweat bullets. “Huh, now that I think about it, that is kind of what I’m saying. Look, can’t we just focus on the positive?”

Fleur just threw her milk into Sugarcoat’s face and stormed away.

“Only now does it occur to me that I should have suggested that she pursue a career as a model,” Sugarcoat mumbled as she wiped off her glasses.