• Published 11th May 2016
  • 1,984 Views, 26 Comments

Silly Pony Stories - Highlord Langslock

  • ...
2
 26
 1,984

Rainbow Dash Becomes an Alicorn

Princess Twilight Sparkle sat on her castle's balcony, staring dulling at the horizon. She sighed heavily. She had been in a bad mood since yesterday.

"Twilight?"

She turned around to see Princess Celestia standing behind her. She didn't bother to ask why she had let herself in; her old mentor was always welcome in her home.

"Hello Princess Celestia," Twilight said, before turning back around and sighing again.

Celestia walked up to stand beside her and draped a wing across her shoulders. "Is something wrong?" she asked.

"I had to take 'Project Make All Of My Friends Immortal Like Me So That I Don't Have To Spend Eternity Without Them' back to the drawing board," Twilight admitted glumly. "My idea for a new alicorn spell just didn't work out the way that I hoped it would."

"I see," said Celestia gently. "I did try to warn you that you wouldn't be able to improve upon the spell I used on you and Cadance."

"Oh, I created a better spell," Twilight shot back. "I can now turn any pony I wish into an alicorn, regardless of their destiny."

Celestia gasped. "Are you serious?" she asked breathlessly. "Twilight, that's amazing!"

Twilight's shoulders slumped. "Yeah, but I ran into a problem with the issue of compatibility."

"What do you mean?"

--------------------------------------------------

Yesturday...

"Bow before me and tremble, puny mortals!" Rainbow Dash shouted with delight high up in the air. Her eyes and horn glowed with unfathomable power. Dark storm clouds brewed overhead and great winds tore violently at the trees and houses. On the ground, ponies were running and screaming in panic. "I have come to you as a paragon of awesomeness to make all things twenty-thousand percent cooler, and all who dare deny me shall suffer my wrath! For today marks the beginning of the Age of Rainbows! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Okay," Twilight whimpered, watching the scene from down below. "Maybe giving god-like power and immortality to an aggressive pony with a sever inferiority-superiority complex wasn't such a good idea."

"You think?!" Spike cried from the bush he was hiding in.

--------------------------------------------------

"Oh my," Celestia whispered.

"Don't worry, I managed to change her back into a mortal, and I've already destroyed all of my notes," Twilight assured her. "As for Rainbow Dash, well..."

--------------------------------------------------

"I was going to make the Wonderbolts my chief-of-staff," Rainbow Dash whined pathetically, rubbing her now hornless head with the hoof that wasn't holding a plastic trash. She wore an orange jumpsuit.

"Keep picking up garbage!" a pony in a police uniform snapped. "You still have nine hundred and ninety-nine hours of community service to go!"

Author's Note:

Strictly speaking, alicorns like Twilight and Cadance do not become immortal upon ascension in my headcanon, nor does Celestia turn them into alicorns so much as she helps with what is a natural process that is already occurring (see The Unwilling Sunrise for the full details). But this has been sitting in my mind ever reading a certain comic whose title I cannot remember ages ago, and now that I've remembered it after all this time, I just had to put it in words.