• Published 22nd Mar 2017
  • 403 Views, 0 Comments

Dragonfire - Phonyyx



Inspired by an old April Fool's joke that The Hub made back in 2014. This is not going to be a joke, like the original promo was. Also the "other" is because the max character limit is 5. So buckle up and do not press the big red button... yet.

  • ...
 0
 403

Research Log 001: Mana

Mana is not a form of matter. In fact, matter and mana are two separate things. Matter is any physical object in the universe. Mana, however is a form of energy in the universe.

Mana has a variety of uses but its most commonly thought of use is to power practically anything and everything. Long gone are the days of energy shortages. It has been found that mana is the most potent form of energy. With its near-infinite abundance and cheap and easy collection and control makes it the de facto form of energy. Mana is everywhere and its use is what allowed the Equus race to space travel. Mana is used in casting spells. There are devices that simulate these spells. Spell-Spheres. All spacecraft systems and subsystems are preformed by Spell-Spheres designed specifically for that spell. Spell-Spheres allow Faster-Than-Light Travel through use of recreating teleportation spells.

Nearly every race and species in the universe holds a connection to mana. The Equus race in particular is special in that the four sub-races of Equus can all use mana, each in a different way.

Alicorns hold the strongest connection to mana. They can control mana in all the ways the other three sub-races can.

Unicorns hold the second strongest connection to mana. Their horn acts as an antenna of sorts. The amount of magic they can preform is dependent upon how much mana their bodies can withstand. Too much and they will explode as all the mana forces its way out of the forced containment.

Pegasus hold a more subtle connection to mana. They can use mana to fly -- a natural self-levitation spell, if you will --, control the weather, and create meteorological phenomenon.

Earth Equus, to the uneducated, appear to hold no connection to mana whatsoever. This is false. They hold the subtlest connection to mana. The also have tactile telekinesis (limited telekinesis activated and used through physical contact) and a connection to the very ground beneath them that few others can ever hope to just barely understand.

-Delta