• Published 10th May 2016
  • 33,834 Views, 4,241 Comments

My Little Pony: Sora's Misadventures in Equestria - Codex92



After failing his mark of mastery exam to be a Keyblade Master, Sora must continue his training on his own. Unfortunately, he crashes into the world of Equestria, and his friends don't know he's stranded in this far off world.

  • ...
76
 4,241
 33,834

PreviousChapters Next
Christmas in Ponyville

It was Christmas Eve morning in Ponyville, snow falling lightly to the ground as the sun peeked through the small holes in between the clouds. Through the following weeks after the Hearth's Warming Pageant, Sora had been busy planning to bring the foals of the town a taste of his version of their winter holiday. He commissioned a similar suit and cap Santa Clause wore from Rarity, a pretty simple costume that was done in a day. After getting himself fitted into his Santa suit, leaving a big pillow underneath to make it seem like he had gained some weight around his stomach, he hid it away in his ship, keeping it hidden from any foals' eyes. It was difficult with hiding it from Sweetie Belle, since she was around the boutique most of the time, but the two managed to keep it a secret.

Next came the gifts for all the good kids, and lumps of coal for the naughty ones. As the teen had expected, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo had told all their friends about Christmas and Santa Claus, which had excited a majority of them. The only ones who thought the holiday was stupid was, obviously, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. They didn't believe somepony could travel around the world in less than a few hours to deliver gifts to every good filly and colt, and it was impossible for someone so fat to squeeze down a chimney. The other classmates ignored the two bullies, unable to wait for Christmas day.

So, while everyone was busy, including the foals, Sora gave Celestia a lot of Munny in exchange for bits to buy gifts for the kids. One day at school, while he was visiting them while they had recess, he made a mental list of what each of them wanted, as long as they were good. Diamond Tiara, on the other hoof, still didn't believe all of this, knowing she was going to get a big lump of coal with a little note from "Santa" about her naughty behavior. After that, he got a list of the students in the school from Miss Cheerilee, making his checklist of the nice and naughty colts as he went shopping at Barnyard Bargains.

It was a surprise to know that Diamond Tiara's father owned this large franchise of stores all across Equestria, ironically named Filthy Rich. He was also a pony he heard Applejack, Big Macintosh, and Granny Smith talk about sometimes at the farm, a business partner who buys some of their apple products to help sell in his super marts, where they receive a percent of the sold apple products. He even met the stallion while shopping, recognized by his spiky mane when Diamond Tiara talked about him. At least he wasn't as snobbish and rude as his daughter, so he was a pretty likable pony. After buying the presents, he made sure the cart he had borrowed from the Apples was covered by a dark cloth, hiding what goodies he had from any young prying eyes. He also got some coal, knowing there were a few ponies who had been bad.

Today, the Keyblade wielder was going to be observing the foals. It was a school day, so all of them would be busy in class, giving him enough time to prepare everything for tonight. Donald and Goofy helped Sora place all the gifts in a large white sack, along with a black satchel for the coal to be tied to the belt on his suit. Each wrapped present had the name of the filly or colt that deserved them, having taken the past couple weeks to learn where they all lived to deliver the right gifts. With everything all ready for tonight, the sack of toys were kept safe in his Gummi ship along with his Santa costume, fit with a fake, bushy white beard to fit the illusion.

"Ok, that should do it, guys," Sora said. "Glad to know you two are gonna help me deliver these gifts. Unlike the real Santa, if all the foals really did leave out some cookies and milk, I don't know if I could stomach it all."

"Happy to help, Sora!" Goofy said, finishing tying up the sack. "But, uhh, there's only one Santa costume."

"Yeah. What are we supposed to be?" Donald asked.

"Well, Santa can't get his job done without his helpers...Sooooo..." Sora pulled out out a pair of deer antlers with some bells on vest and a green tunic and cap with fake pointy ears. "You two are going to be my elf and reindeer!"

"What!?" the small griffon exclaimed. "That's not fair!"

"Sorry guys, but if the kids want to believe in a Santa Claus, he as to be a pony. It would make sense if he actually did come to Equestria." Donald sighed in defeat, knowing that was a plausible explanation. "By the way, guess who's going to be playing who."

"...Uhh, am I the elf?" Goofy asked, both Sora and Donald falling over comically at the wrong answer.

"No, Goofy. You're the reindeer." The teen tossed the reindeer outfit to the goof of a knight, while he gave Donald the elf costume. "Donald's obviously the elf since he's shorter than us.

"Hey!" Donald squawked.

"Well, it's true." He heard the short griffon mumble something as he put on the ridiculously pointy ears. "Make sure they fit you right. If not, then sneak over to Rarity's so she can help you fit into them. Now, if you'll excuse me, I got a list to check twice."

Sora exited his ship with the list of foals in Ponyville and a pen and headed off to the school. As the two friends put on their outfits, Goofy laughing at Donald at how silly he looked compared to him.

"Sora is right, Donald. You do look like an elf. Ahyuck!" The mage smacked Goofy in the shin with his staff, making him yelp and bounce as he held onto his injured leg, the bells on his vest jingling with each step he took.

Kairi walked into Sora's ship, having just missed the teen as she found Donald and Goofy in their outfits. "Oh wow. You two look silly," the mare giggled, only making Donald groan.

"Don't remind me," the mage grumbled.

"If you're looking for Sora, Kairi, he already left for town," Goofy said, rubbing his sore shin. "He's got some last minute checking for tonight."

"Good. I still have a few things to prepare for a little surprise I want to give him once he's done playing Santa." Kairi levitated a box she had carried on her back down in front of her, placing it far underneath the bed out of Sora's reach. "As soon as he leaves to deliver presents, I'm going to put what's inside on and give him his little gift. Along with a little redecorating to fit the festive mood."

Donald's curiosity was peaked as he crouched down, staring at the box. "What's inside?"

"Hey!" Kairi quickly pulled the griffon away with her aura, holding him upside down. "Stay away from there. That's Sora's gift, and I don't want you two to spoil the surprise." She let Donald go, the mage squawking as he fell to the ground. "Hope you two have fun tonight."

Kairi left the ship, leaving Donald in a daze as he landed on his head while Goofy had a feeling she and Sora were going to spend some more alone time together. "Well, at least he's been catching up with Kairi for lost time. I sure am glad they finally got together."


Floating up above the school's playground, Sora hid inside of an empty cloud as he waited for recess to start. After waiting long enough, the bell rang and the young ponies all ran out of the schoolhouse, enjoying the small amount of freedom in between their lessons for the day. Since they were distracted by playing on their school's jungle gym, playing tag or any other games, the teen poked his head up from the cloud, pulling out the list as he took note of all the foals present.

"Ok, let's see. Who here's been naughty or nice?" Looking down, he checked each one who were good and placed X marks next to the bad ones. "Peachy Pie, nice...Lickety Split, nice." He spotted the Cutie Mark Crusaders running around, having a little snowball fight. "Those three are definitely on the nice list, even though they seem to cause trouble...At least they aren't picking on others." Sora's ears perked up as he heard two familiar voices as they mocked someone. And just as he expected, there were Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, the two bullies heckling a pale violet unicorn filly with a blonde mane. That filly was Dinky Doo, who happened to be Derpy Hooves's daughter, the ditzy mailmare of Ponyville. "Speaking of..."

He placed big X marks next to the bullies' names while leaving a check next to Dinky's. While they still picked on the little unicorn, Sora finished going through the list, seeing a lot of nice colts and fillies except for Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. He had to think about Snips and Snails for a while, remembering the two dolts for colts brought an ursa just to see Trixie defeat it. He let it slide since they were overly curious, and no one got hurt, except for Trixie's pride. They were going to get a big warning not to let their expectations run high with a performing wizard with an over exaggerated story.

With his double checked list made, knowing twice was more than enough for him unlike Twilight's constant checking, Sora put his list away. He was going to give Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon one last chance to try to redeem themselves, hovering down into the playground and hearing the bullies making fun of Dinky.

"Stop making fun of my mommy!" the unicorn said. "She's not dumb!"

"She keeps bringing mail to the wrong addresses, and she always screws things up," Diamond said, surprising Sora as the two were making fun of Derpy instead of Dinky. "I don't think she can even see where she goes half the time with those messed up eyes of hers."

"Stop it!" Dinky shouted.

"I'm surprised her stupidness isn't even hereditary," Silver Spoon added. "But don't worry, Dinky. You'll be as stupid as her when you get older."

"Excuse me, girls." Diamond and Silver yelped and turned around, finding Sora standing behind them, and he was not happy with the insults the two made over Derpy. He did have a few run ins with the ditzy mailmare, but she was in no way mentally impaired, just clumsy with a strange physical condition. "You do know it's not nice to pick on someone, especially someone else's family, right?"

"You again," the pink earth pony filly growled. "You ruined my cute-ceañera and ruined my perfect dress!"

"Ruined? Maybe. But your dress? That was all you," Sora said, poking the filly on the nose. "You tried to tug my tail, and you ended up slipping and spilled my punch on your dress. That's called bad karma."

"There was nopony named Karma at my party!" The teen rolled his eyes, the spoiled brat oblivious to the term. "Why are you even here anyway? You trying to stalk us or something?"

"I came down to help little Dinky Doo here from you bullies after hearing you two making fun of her mom." He hovered over to the unicorn and ruffled her mane a little. "It's one thing to pick on others, but it's outright rude to make fun of someone who has a serious physical or mental condition. That's worse than being a bully; that's being an outright mule." He heard braying come from across the fence, noticing a donkey was walking by, making the teen wince as he overheard him. "No offense, sir!"

"None taken," he said as he continued along the path.

"Huh. Didn't even see him from the air..." Ignoring the odd appearance of the donkey, Sora turned his attention back to the two bullies. "Anyways, you two do know what tomorrow is, right?"

"Saturday?" Silver asked.

"Yes, but a certain holiday is coming up, and you two are ruining your last chance to behave yourselves." Diamond Tiara groaned in annoyance.

"That stupid 'Christmas' holiday you made up!?" she yelled. "Everypony in school keeps talking about it, and it started when you told those three blank flanks about it, and this 'Sandy Claws'! He gives presents to those who are only good, and he does it all in one night!? That's impossible!"

"Oh? Impossible you say?" Sora questioned, looking down at Dinky. "Dinky, what do you think? Is Santa Claus real?"

"Mhmm, and I've been really good all year. Honest," she said.

"Good! And I know Santa's gonna give you a special present tonight," Sora said, messing the filly's mane more. "And what do bad foals-" The teen began coughing as he muttered Diamond Tiara's name between coughs. "-get from Santa?"

"Umm...Coal?" Dinky responded.

"A big FAT lump of coal. Something that very naughty children deserve for their bad behavior, like picking on others." He hacked even harder this time, repeatedly saying the names of the bullies in a comical fashion. He could feel the glares coming from the two irritated fillies, clearing his throat as he pounded his chest. "Oh jeez! Anyone got something to drink? I must have got something in my throat."

"You're an idiot," Diamond insulted Sora, but he ignored it, knowing she'll get her just desserts later this evening. "And this stupid holiday you made up is stupid. There is no such thing as a Santa Claus, because nopony who's supposed to be fat can crawl down a chimney, have magical flying deer that pulls a heavy sleigh full of toys, and nopony can actually fly around the world in one night to deliver those toys to every single house."

"Oh, there is such a thing as Santa Claus." Sora approached the rich pink filly, lowering his head down to her level. "Are you saying you don't believe in Santa? You think he's just a made up character?"

"Yes, and you're stupid," she said.

"...You know, there's a little saying one pony says to another who doesn't believe anything they think is nothing but fiction. 'Seeing is believing.'" Sora moved his head back up, avoiding Diamond Tiara's hoof from trying to smack him. "But, sometimes the things we do believe in are the things we can't see. That means, no matter how much someone wants to seek the truth to prove anything one says doesn't exist, you don't need proof to believe in miracles, or dreams."

"...That makes no sense!" Diamond shouted.

"It does make sense, because I believe, Dinky believes, all your classmates believe, but you don't," he said as he poked the pink filly's nose again. "By tomorrow morning, when you see a big lump of coal in your stocking from Santa, you may change your mind...Hopefully." The bell soon rang, signalling the students to head back inside as recess has ended. "Well, enjoy the rest of your day. And remember, Dinky; make sure to leave a tray of cookies and a glass of milk for Santa when he comes tonight."

"Ok! But, we don't have cookies at home," Dinky said sadly. "Do you think Santa would like muffins instead, Sora?"

"Hmm...I think Santa would like some muffins," Sora said, perking the filly up. "I think eating cookies at each house can get really boring, so a change in sweet, crumbly pastries won't make a difference."

"Yay! Santa's gonna love my mommy's muffins!" The Keyblade wielder chuckled as he watched Dinky bound back to the school with a gleeful step in her hooves.

"He doesn't exist! And I'm going to prove it tonight!" Diamond Tiara said. "I'm going to stay up all night and watch my mansion's chimney! I am not getting coal from somepony who breaks into ponies' houses just to leave gifts behind!"

Sora grinned as the filly just told "Santa" about her little plan to try to catch him in the act, watching the bullies head back inside the school with their classmates. The Crusaders spotted him and waved before walking back inside, waving back at them.

"I smell a challenge," the teen uttered. "Well then, little miss spoiled princess...Challenge accepted."


After school, all the kids quickly ran out of the schoolhouse, both to enjoy the weekend and prepare their homes for "Santa Claus's" arrival. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, however, trudged along the snow covered road into town.

"That spiky-haired dimwit of a pegasus has been giving me so many problems!" Diamond exclaimed. "Now he's really gotten this stupid holiday in everypony else's heads when we've already gotten our presents when Hearth's Warming came a couple weeks ago. Like I'm going to get coal for a present."

"I don't know, Diamond. He was pretty serious about all that stuff he said," Silver Spoon said with worry. "He looked like he wanted to hurt us after you said there was no such thing as this 'Sandy Claws'."

"Well, he knows he can't hurt me, otherwise he'll be facing a lawsuit with my daddy. Maybe even get thrown in the dungeons." The two rich fillies reached Diamond's home, a large manor surrounded by a tall brick wall, the path leading to the mansion blocked by iron gates. They were open during the day, allowing any business ponies or visitors access, but only visitors the rich filly wanted to come in, which was only her best friend, Silver Spoon. They walked inside and headed for the sitting room, where the chimney was kept. "Now, to prove to that dimwit and everypony else 'Sandy Claws' doesn't exist.

"You're staying here at my place tonight and helping me keep watch of anything that tries to come in through the chimney. And, to alert us if we fall asleep, we'll set up booby traps." While Diamond Tiara ran off to her kitchen, Silver Spoon stood in front of the fireplace in confusion.

"Wait a minute, we're going to try to stay up all night?" the gray filly asked. "Does that mean you actually believe him and this fat pony will show up?"

"No! I still don't believe him!" Diamond came back in the room, carrying a few pots, pans, and lids, dropping them all to the floor with a loud clatter. "Sora's a big idiot and probably going to try and rob my house. You can't trust somepony with a mane style like his while he always wears a black jacket."

"But, he's saved Ponyville from those black monsters, and he even stopped Discord," Silver said. "How exactly is he bad?"

"He's defending those blank flanks, and made me look stupid at my important party. I can trust him as far as I could pay somepony throw him." Diamond Tiara scattered the pots and pans around to have "Santa" trip up on them and make noise. "There. That's it for the alarm. Now for my instant camera to get a picture in case that pegasus breaks in. And I won't get coal in my Hearth's Warming stocking, because that's the dumbest punishment gift anypony could give. Coal can turn into a diamond with the right pressure and heat, but it's more cheap than a real one, so 'Sandy' is actually a big idiot for giving me jewelry."

"...You're really serious about doing this, aren't you?" Silver Spoon asked skeptically, fearing her friend's slightly lost sanity.

"Duh. Now get in the kitchen and find the sodas. I'm gonna get my camera and stocking, and put it up next to the fireplace for 'Sandy Claws'." The pink filly ran out of the large living room and upstairs to her room, her friend sighing as she obeyed her command.

"All this over a dress when she has dozens more like it?" Silver began to have second thoughts about her bullying and following Diamond Tiara. No one else would be her friend since she came from a rich family and picked on others with Diamond, and she didn't want to lose her best friend. She walked into the kitchen and looked through the expansive fridge for the caffeinated beverages to keep them awake for the night. "...I didn't like talking about Dinky's mom like that, but Di didn't seem to care...It was so mean too."

She grabbed a couple of the two liter bottles, carrying them on her back as she headed back to the living room. After placing them down on the coffee table next to the couches, she was about to head back to find some cups for them to pour their sodas in when she noticed some blank sheets of paper and some colored pencils on the short table. Silver looked down at the hallway where Diamond disappeared to, still upstairs and searching for her camera, then back to the papers and pencils.


Night fell across Equestria, the moon shining brightly through the partly cloudy sky. It was close to midnight, all the colts and fillies in Ponyville gone to bed after they had left cookies and milk for Santa Claus. The time was right as they were already sleeping soundly in their beds, and it was time for Sora to get to work. He donned his Santa outfit, dyeing his mane and tail white to match the fake beard. The suit hid his cutie mark in case any curious children were still up or startled awake managed to see "Santa" in their homes.

He looked himself in the mirror, looking as close as possible to all the kids favorite adult if he was a pony. Aside from what his actual coat would be, and the lack of a larger belly Santa was most known for, second to his suit and hat, it was the best he could do to imitate him. Though, seeing how Jack Skellington from Halloween Town tried impersonate Santa Claus after growing bored of the same Halloween planning for several years, Sora hoped that the jolly old man wouldn't scold him for spreading Christmas in Ponyville.

"Ho ho ho!" the Keyblade wielder laughed, making his voice sound deeper to match Santa's laugh. "Eh, guess that's close enough to the real deal." He headed outside of his ship, where Donald and Goofy waited for him with the sack of toys, wearing their elf and reindeer costumes. "Alright, guys. Time for Santa to visit Ponyville."

"I got the sack," Goofy said, hoisting the bag over his shoulder.

"And we'll handle the lookout while you enter the houses," Donald added, having gotten over his silly elf outfit.

"Perfect. Let's go, Santa's Helpers!" The trio hurried off into town, though none of them noticed Kairi sneaking into Sora's Gummi ship to prepare her surprise gift for her boyfriend.

With the cover of night, the street lights giving the road some luminescence along with the moon, Sora, Donald, and Goofy snuck along the outskirts of Ponyville. The first house on the list was Sweet Apple Acres, being a lot closer to the fields outside of town. Following Santa's example, the teen leapt up to the roof of the farmhouse, with Apple Bloom's present on his back. Since his wings were stuck inside his red and white suit, he had to carefully jump up to the roof without making too much noise, reaching the smokestack and began to climb down. Luckily, it was pretty wide for a pony to slip through, and with his skinny build with a large pillow pudge around his stomach, it wasn't a tight squeeze while sliding down. At least the fireplace wasn't thankfully lit, otherwise he would have choked on smoke and got his rump burnt by the flames.

Peeking his head out, the house was dark and quiet. As he had expected, Sora spotted Apple Bloom on the couch, fast asleep, trying to stay awake to see Santa Claus come down her family's chimney. Being as quiet as he could, Sora crept out from the fireplace and placed Apple Bloom's present next to the slumbering filly. He noticed the plate of cookies and milk for him, helping himself to a little snack, but before he could munch on the apple shaped sweet, someone turned on the light from the kitchen.

"Ya know, ya could have just used the door or window, 'Santa'," Applejack whispered. "Was it really necessary to actually climb down the chimney?"

"Hey, that's what Santa does, AJ. Besides, it was kind of fun doing that." Sora bit down on the cookie, never knowing how the Apple family can make every dish always taste like apples but not questioning it since they were delicious. "And you're not supposed to be up either. Santa is not very pleased with you, Miss Applejack."

"Try not to make a mess with all that soot on ya." The teen only grinned, grabbing the milk and chugging it down. He grabbed the remaining cookies for Donald and Goofy, placing them in the red pouch he still kept tied around his back leg to keep them from getting dirty for them, then climbed back up the chimney. Applejack shook her head at the odd method of exiting the house. "This kind of thing is somethin' Pinkie Pie would do just to throw a surprise party for somepony. Christmas is a weird holiday."

Sora climbed back up to the roof and leapt back down to the ground, meeting up with his friends as they continued on to the next house. Their next few stops weren't thankfully delayed this time as the teen got in and out, leaving behind presents and swiping the cookies. He didn't leave Donald and Goofy out on the variety of delectable cookies, grabbing them from his red pouch of endless inventory space and giving them to his best friends as they took a small break.

The next home on Sora's list was Dinky's, climbing up onto the roof of the house and make his way downstairs. Inside, the unicorn filly was slowly startled awake when she heard hooves stepping on the roof above her room. Her ears perked up when she heard bells outside, gasping in surprise as Santa had come to her house. Being as quiet as possible, she crawled out of bed and tip-hooved out of her bedroom. Reaching the stairwell, she peeked behind the railings and watched the fireplace in her family's living room, hearing the Keyblade wielder crawling down.

Even through the dim lighting, Dinky had to stifle a gasp of excitement when Sora poked his head out to examine his surroundings. He crawled out and took a look around the living room, spotting the freshly baked muffins waiting for him instead of cookies. While distracted by the delicious aroma, the little filly crept down the steps, being careful not to let any of them creak under her small weight. Sora took one of the crumbly pastries, getting a hint of blueberry and chocolate chips. He took a bite, his taste buds exploding at the most delicious muffin he had ever tasted that wasn't from Sugarcube Corner.

Dinky made the mistake of getting too close, stepping on a very squeaky part of the floorboard that could have woken the whole house up. Sora slowly turned his head around to the sneaky filly behind him, swallowing the mouthful of muffin and put it back down on the plate. He knew at some point one of the foals would end up spotting him, quickly getting into character as he turned around to look at Dinky, surprised to see "Santa Claus" up close.

"Ho ho ho ho. Well, hello there, little one," Sora said with a deep voice. "What are you doing up so late?"

"...S-S-Santa?" He nodded his head, stifling his real laughter at the filly's amazement.

"Yes indeed. And you must be Dinky Doo." Dinky gasped, her jaw dropping as "Santa Claus" knows her name.

"Y-You know my name?" she asked.

"Of course. I have a list of every little girl and boy in the world," Sora said. "I know all of your names. And I know you have been a good little filly this year."

"D-Do you like the muffins?" Dinky asked. "I-I know you like cookies, but Sora said you like muffins too."

"Oh he did, did he?" Sora questioned. "Well, they sure are delicious. I appreciate the little change of snack. I sometimes eat the same cookies, and my big belly can take so much of the same kind of yummy snack," he said, patting his pillow stomach. "Hope the missus doesn't hear about that, cause she bakes me trays upon trays of cookies." Dinky giggled as Sora pretended to fear "Mrs. Claus" finding out about his change of diet. "Now, you should get back to bed. I can't exactly give you your present if you're still awake."

"Oh. Sorry, Santa," Dinky apologized, receiving a slight tussle of her mane.

"Don't worry. I'd be surprised too if someone made noises on the roof. My reindeer can get a bit too noisy when making their landings. Now, enough stalling. You, in bed, and no opening your present until sunrise." He gently nudged Dinky over to the stairs. "I'll know if you snuck a peek inside it as soon as I leave."

"I know, Santa." The pale violet filly headed over to the stairs, unable to wait until morning to open her gift and tell the others she saw Santa Claus and talked to him.

As soon as Dinky disappeared up the stairs, Sora stayed quiet to make sure he heard her head back to her room and fall back asleep. Hearing no tiny hooves walking around upstairs, he laid the filly's present down on the couch, chomped the rest of his eaten muffin and stashed the rest in his red pouch. With Donald and Goofy's portion safely put away, the teen climbed up the chimney and leapt down to the ground where they waited for him.

"You alright in there, Sora?" Goofy asked. "You were in there for a while."

"I got caught, but the filly was none the wiser as I played Santa pretty well." Sora dug out the muffins and gave them to his friends. "You gotta try these muffins. I told Dinky that 'Santa' would accept muffins instead of cookies, and these are so much better than the ones in Sugarcube Corner."

Donald and Goofy both took a bite of the blueberry and chocolate chip muffins, eyes widening in surprise as they were indeed quite scrumptious. "These are good."

"Let's keep moving while you eat. We gotta spend a little more time before heading off to a certain filly's home." They continued on their way to the rest of the houses before the last stop on their list. "And knowing Diamond Tiara, I'm sure she's gonna try to stay up all night to try to catch a glimpse of Santa Claus."


Diamond Tiara sat on her parents' lush couch in her mansion's living room, her body twitching from the amount of caffeine in her system from the several cups of soda she drank. Her eyes were wide open, staring at the fireplace, clutching her camera in her forehooves. While wide awake on the sugary beverages she constantly drank, her hind legs were clutched tightly as she squirmed, her bladder threatening to explode if she didn't relieve herself soon.

"Grrrr...Stupid soda. I need to pee!" She looked over to her right, finding Silver Spoon having fallen asleep on her, being smart enough not to drink so much. "Darn it, Silver Spoon. You're not helping!" Diamond eventually gave in to her body's demands, placing the camera down on the couch and leaping off of it. "If you're not awake by the time I come back, Silver, I'm going to dump freezing cold water on you."

The pink filly quickly ran through her home to the nearest bathroom before she had an accident, leaving her sleeping friend behind. The gray filly rolled over onto her back, moving off of a folded sheet of paper she was sleeping on, the words "To Santa" written in black colored pencil. A few seconds later, Sora had climbed down the chimney and poked his head out from the fireplace. He saw the scattered pots and pans laid out erratically around the fireplace, the teen smirking at the failed attempt at making a homemade security system to alert anyone of "Santa's" arrival.

Crawling out from the fireplace, he easily stepped over the metallic alarms, getting a good look at the inside of the mansion of the bratty filly. It was pretty spacious, possibly filled with a lot of fancy and expensive materials he couldn't see with the very faint lighting from the moonlight seeping into the windows. As Sora turned around, he noticed Diamond Tiara's fancy stocking hung up for him. Before he could graciously give the rich bully her biggest lump of coal she was going to get, he froze when he heard a snort and mumbling coming from the couch.

He turned his head, staying perfectly still, finding Silver Spoon, thankfully fast asleep. "What's Silver Spoon doing here? These two have a sleepover or something?"

Stepping over the pots and pans, he approached the slumbering filly, her glasses resting on the small table, along with a couple plastic cups and a few two liter bottles of soda. That much caffeine in a small body could make them hyper, as well as give them several trips to the bathroom, though Silver didn't seem to have that much if she was zonked out. Sora knew he was supposed to not like either Diamond Tiara or Silver Spoon since they always picked on their classmates, but he hated the fact that a sleeping pony, mainly little fillies, could look adorable like a kitten or a puppy.

Figuring he could end his last stop by giving both bullies their well deserved coal, he dug into the coal satchel to pull out both fillies' lumps. He stopped when he noticed a piece of paper next to her, written out to Santa. Curious, he gently took it and opened it up, wondering what was written inside.

Dear Santa,

I don't really know if you are real, since Diamond Tiara doesn't think so. But if you are real...well, I think I can believe it. I know I've been bad. Sora had told those blank flanks Apple Bloom and her friends about you, then the whole school, and it's driving my friend nuts with all the stuff you do. We've been making fun of others because they don't have their cutie marks, or they aren't as rich as we are, or...making fun of their families...I didn't want to make fun of Dinky's mom, Derpy Hooves. She's Ponyville's mail carrier, and...she's not really good at her job, but she's always trying to help even if she fails. She has...strange eyes, and we called her stupid.

I know she isn't, but Diamond wanted to make fun of her as soon as we got to school today...or yesterday. Whenever you read this. I really really didn't want to, but I'm too afraid of losing my best friend if I don't do what she says. She's the only friend I ever had, and it's hard for me to make friends when you're one of the rich ponies in a small town like Ponyville. Sometimes, ponies only liked me for what I had, not who I am...I had a problem with that during a birthday party a few years ago. I met Diamond Tiara that day, being the only pony who didn't like my stuff because she was also rich like me.

Even though we're friends, I don't like how she always thinks the world revolves around her. I just follow whatever she does because I don't want to be friendless. If you have seen the way I've been acting, then maybe I deserve coal just like Diamond does. Maybe the biggest lump you can carry. I don't know if I ever will be on your nice list in the future if you come by Ponyville again, but I hope you understand why I've been bad. I know nopony else will be my friend after what I've done, and I don't want to lose my best friend.

Silver Spoon

Sora silently sighed as he lowered Silver Spoon's letter to Santa, looking down at the filly. He knew there were some reasons why some people, or ponies, wind up doing things they don't like doing. Luna had grown jealous of Celestia in the past and turned into Nightmare Moon, only wanting their subjects to see her as an equal to her sister on the throne. His best friend Riku had turned his back on him only by Maleficent's manipulation after getting split apart from their destroyed home. And Silver was acting like a bully because she had a bad experience with other foals who focused more on the toys and games she had than on her and her birthday.

"And I thought Xehanort and Maleficent were evil..." he whispered.

He was a little happy to know Silver Spoon at least had a friend, she just ended up choosing the wrong kind of friend. Someone as bossy and demanding like Diamond Tiara, always doing whatever she wants without caring about anyone else's feelings, that wasn't the kind of friend anyone should have unless they were ordered by a superior or drill sergeant. Sora wasn't going to give Silver any coal, but he wanted to give her a little something to know that he read her letter and heard her reasons.

Spotting the instant camera on the couch, he picked it up and placed it down on the coffee table, making sure it aimed at the filly and "Santa Claus". Setting the timer, he got in position and leaned into the frame, the flash going off as the picture came out from the device. Thankfully, Silver Spoon was a heavy sleeper, the click of the camera sounding and the blinding flash not disturbing her as she still slept. Placing the camera back where it was while taking the picture, he grabbed a blank sheet of paper that was on the table, took a green and red colored pencil, wrote a little something for her, and placed the undeveloped photo inside of the folded message. He carefully put his letter under Silver Spoon, replacing her letter to Santa where he had found it.

The teen headed back to the fireplace, put the biggest lump of coal he had in his satchel in Diamond Tiara's stocking, and climbed back up the chimney. A while later, Diamond Tiara came stomping back into the living room, grumbling to herself as she sat back down in her spot, holding her camera in her hooves.

"Still sleeping...Forget the stupid water. I'm too tired to care." She didn't see any differences that had been made while she was gone. No intruder. No clattering kitchenwear. No Santa Claus. "Sora's a big doofus. 'Sandy Claws' wouldn't even fit down the chimney. And if he did, he'd be too fat to avoid my alarm. And I'm not even sleepy. I beat that stupid, spiky headed, lanky-"

Diamond Tiara immediately passed out, falling on her side as she kept her hooves around her camera, snoring loudly as her head rested on the arm of the couch.


With the presents all given to the foals in Ponyville, Sora headed back to his ship with an empty sack over his back, his body completely covered in soot from climbing through the several chimneys. Donald and Goofy headed to Twilight's library, the unicorn gladly letting them stay with her while they were here in Equestria. As the teen reached his Gummi ship, he flew up to a nearby snow cloud and slipped inside it, ignoring the freezing cold moistness as the frozen water droplets melted around his warmer body, washing off some of the soot caked on his fur and clothing. After getting somewhat clean, he flew back down and walked inside his vessel, ready for bed and to turn in his Santa Claus costume.

As soon as he walked inside, he noticed something odd. One was a strange, peppermint aroma, almost like the scent was coming from a scented candle. Not to mention some Christmas decorations were set up in different parts of the ship. When he reached the bunks, his jaw dropped at what was resting on his bed.

"Hello, Santa," Kairi greeted. "I've been up all night hoping to see you."

Sora was speechless, only uttering a squeak at his girlfriend in pony form and what she was wearing. She was definitely fitting the holiday spirit: a red Santa cap on her head, mistletoe tied around her horn, a pink bow like those on presents around her neck, and on her legs, she wore red and green striped stockings that covered every inch of her limbs. If there was anything that confused him, it had to be Kairi's surprise outfit making her look more adorable than if she pulled this off as a human.

The pegasus finally swallowed the massive lump stuck in his throat, finding his voice again with a heavy blush on his cheeks. "K-Kairi...W-What is this?"

"My little surprise gift for you." Kairi climbed off the mattress and approached the stunned stallion. "I asked Rarity to help make the stockings. They're very snug." She slowly lifted a hoof and traced it against Sora's cheek, making him shudder at the incredibly smooth stocking over her hoof. "And silky smooth."

"...Kairi, you're killing me," he whimpered, unable to look away from her. "Why must you be adorable as a unicorn and torment me with cuteness?" His brain finally processed why she was wearing all this, his eyes widening in shock. "Oh no! Gift!? Aww man! I didn't get you anything, or even make you something! I was too busy with spreading Christmas to Ponyville, I completely forgot about-"

Kairi gently pressed her socked hoof to Sora's lips, shushing him before he could panic. "Sora, don't worry about it. I don't want you to go all out and get me something expensive, or even if you forgot to make something for me. Giving or receiving presents aren't what Christmas is about, remember? It's about being with family. Friends." The unicorn leaned closer, using her magic to pull down the fake beard on his face, and gave the pegasus a soft, deep kiss on the lips. Sora closed his eyes and kissed Kairi back, wrapping his hooves around her and pulling her closer. She soon pulled away, nuzzling her muzzle against his. "Lovers."

"...R-Right...Forgot about that." Kairi just shook her head and kissed Sora's nose, shivering slightly as she now felt how freezing cold the stallion was.

"Why are you as cold as ice?" she asked. "Did you roll around in ice before you finished playing Santa?"

"I was dirty climbing through the chimneys," Sora said. "I flew into a cloud to wash up since it's really late and I didn't want to wake anyone up and ask to use their shower."

"That explains it...Well, I guess the only way we can warm you up is either burning you with Fire magic...Or we can share body heat if you get out of those clothes." The moment she turned around and headed back to Sora's bed, Kairi heard him flailing around, tossing his Santa suit haphazardly across the floor. He tried to tackle her, but she caught him in her white aura, flinging him upside down on the mattress. He looked up at her with a silly grin on his face, poking the doofy pegasus in the nose. "Don't be so impatient, Sora."

"What? I just wanted to tackle hug you." He rolled over and scooched back to rest his head on the pillow, Kairi slowly crawling up to him, her sock covered hooves brushing along his skin with each tantalizing step. She laid down next to him, nuzzling his chest while intertwining their tails together. "Can you blame me for wanting to snuggle a pink unicorn that looks like a lifelike Christmas plushie?"

"Hmm...No. I would have done the same thing." Sora lazily wrapped his hooves around Kairi, letting out a yawn after feeling all the sugar from the sweets he munched on make him feel lethargic as he cuddled his girlfriend. "So, did you save any cookies, or did you, Donald, and Goofy eat them all?"


The next morning, the sun's morning rays shone down on the town, waking everypony in their homes. Many of the foals had woken up early on this Christmas Day, finding a present left by Santa Claus in their living rooms, finding the cookies and milk they left out for him were gone. They all eagerly opened their gifts and got what they asked Santa to bring them.

Inside Diamond Tiara's mansion, both her and Silver Spoon were still asleep, the pink filly drooling on the armrest of the couch with her camera still clutched in her forelegs. Silver was the first to wake up, rubbing her eyes as she sat up, squinting through her bleary vision to find her glasses. She felt her letter underneath her, a little disappointed to know that Santa Claus didn't really exist, grabbing her glasses from the coffee table. She looked down at it as soon as she could see, only to stare at the folded piece of paper in confusion.

Written on the outside was someone else's writing, and it read "To Silver Spoon: For your eyes only." She looked up at Diamond Tiara, still asleep, then back down at this letter to her. The gray filly unfolded it, an undeveloped photo from her friend's camera slipping out as she opened it. Curious about the photo first, she picked it up, only finding black images. She shook the photo a little to see what was on it, and as soon it was fully revealed, she gasped when she saw what looked like an old stallion wearing red and white with a white, fluffy beard, sitting in front of the couch with asleep next to him.

She rubbed her eyes again, wondering if she was still dreaming, but the picture didn't change. The stallion in the picture was Santa Claus. He came to Diamond's mansion and gave her a picture of the two of them, all while she was asleep. Silver Spoon looked at the letter again, reading what he wrote to her.

Silver Spoon,

Thank you for being honest. I know you're not a bad filly, you just make some bad choices. Even though you were on my naughty list, I will let it slide. I understand you are afraid of losing your best friend, but you have to stand up to her if you feel that whatever you two do is wrong. If she does something you think is bad, don't follow her, even if you have to. If you two can change your ways, then I'm sure your classmates will see the difference, and you won't have to resort to being mean to get attention.

Have a Merry Christmas.

S. C.

Silver couldn't believe her eyes. Santa had responded to her letter, and gave her a picture of him, letting her behavior in the past slide after telling him why she was so mean. He believed her, even when he shouldn't after being on his naughty list. He really was real, and if he gave her this, then that meant Diamond Tiara has coal placed in her stocking hanging by the fireplace.

Hearing someone walking into the room, one of Diamond's servants, Silver Spoon quickly hid the photo in Santa's letter, hiding the folded paper underneath her body. The stallion was too busy looking over at the young mistress of the manor and her friend on the couch, along with the several empty bottles of soda, tripping over the pots and pans near the fireplace. The noise startled Diamond Tiara awake as she flailed around in her spooked daze.

"Intruder! I got him!" The pink filly quickly grabbed her camera and aimed it at the fireplace, but she held it the wrong way as she took a picture. The flashing light blinded Diamond, forcing her to drop the camera as she rubbed her sore eyes. "Ahh! Darn it! Where is he!? Where did-AHH!"

She slipped off the couch and fell to the floor, groaning in pain and tiredness, her face pressed against the expensive carpet in the room. The servant got up, looking down at the mess of kitchenware, picking them up to put away in the expansive kitchen.

"Miss Tiara, what were you and your friend doing last night?" he asked.

"None of your business," Diamond grumbled, picking herself up off the floor. Shaking off her daze, she ran up to the fireplace, yanking her stocking down from the fireplace. Coal rolled out from the hole, making the flabbergasted filly more angry. "I-I-I can't...WHAT!? Who the hay actually put coal in here!? There's no way! I was up all night! Nopony came in through the stupid chimney! There was no noise!"

"...Uhh, Di?" Silver Spoon tried to get her friend's attention, keeping her letter and picture hidden from both ponies' line of sight, but Diamond Tiara was too mad to listen. "...Never mind. I'm gonna head back home...I...need to do something."

The gray filly excused herself and left her best friend's mansion. With her small "gift" from Santa, she walked through the snowy path back to her house to put away the letter and picture. Even if no one else believed her, that Santa Claus really was real and he came to see her, she truly believed it. Silver would try to follow Santa's advice, but with how bossy Diamond Tiara could be, it was going to be difficult for her to stand up to her and help her change.

PreviousChapters Next