• Published 11th May 2016
  • 352 Views, 0 Comments

Lesser Tales (and Songs) from a Real Life Changeling - HypernovaBolts11



A collection of shorter stories, be they prose, poems, or incomplete. Anything too short for its own story that I've written and wanted to put out there is in here.

  • ...
4
 0
 352

How Changelings Love

The notions upon which you have been raised may be true, or they may not be. Perhaps you will find a different set of values, and they will become your reality. We cast aside beliefs and practices all the time, but we cannot live without them.

My struggle to understand love is not quite the same as yours. As an unspoken rule, normal ponies seem to understand love better than I. I am not as confused as my friend Kuno, but I can relate to her struggles.

I'd tried to avoid romantic love, dodging tough questions and pretending that I didn't even find people worth liking. I am still not physically attracted to the people around me, and I doubt that I ever will drop my asexuality. I don't find ponies physically appealing. I don't have to worry about hate directed at my orientation, because it just means that I'd be happy to grow old and die alone.

While I do have a significant other, it is a purely romantic attraction. I have no desires towards ponies, but I love her more than anything in the world.

She is my world, more than the stars in the night sky, and more than I can ever truly tell her, but I can always try, so I say, "I love you."