• Published 8th May 2016
  • 4,636 Views, 304 Comments

Moving On - Manitive



This is the story of William Wright, a normal person who wants to live a peaceful life, but is doomed to make big crucial decisions. Follow his tale through the hardships of life and other...rather uncommon things.

  • ...
33
 304
 4,636

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Nine

"Oh no you DON'T!" Screamed the rainbow blur that slammed right into my father, knocking him down to the ground.

My heart stopped. My breath caught in my throat.

Time slowed down for me as I saw my father slowly falling onto the ground, that blur of colors still latched onto his side. But one thing was really bad; The bullet that was slowly coming into my direction, aimed right at the center of my chest.

Rainbow was just a moment too late to prevent the bullet from leaving the gun barrel.

At least she was able to throw his aim off, which meant that I wouldn't be dying instantly.

Heh, great, isn't it?

My eyes were firmly locked onto the bullet. I saw the bullet's vapor trail...How it was spinning, making its way straight for my chest...
But even though time was slowed down for me, I couldn't move. My body didn't want to.

No matter how hard I tried, my whole body wouldn't budge.

My eyes shifted away from the bullet, to the doorway I was standing when all this started. What I saw was in no way good.

Scootaloo was standing there, looking at me, those big, adorable eyes that are normally just radiating happiness filled with horror. I also saw a single tear mid air, on its way down to the floor.

She was going to see everything.

Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes. I tried to reach out for her. To just feel her one last time before I was going to die. To say goodbye.

Images of Sandra and Laura flashed before my eyes. I couldn't even say goodbye. I couldn't tell them how much I loved them. How much they meant to me. The same thing was going to happen again.

Only that this time I was the one who was going to die.

I felt the bullet penetrating my chest, slowly spinning its way deeper into my chest, right above my heart. My half-raised arm fell down immediately. Pain was the only thing I felt.

Horrible pain.

I don't know why I even felt pain. Maybe because time was -somehow- slowed down for me, but I always though that getting shot wasn't painful. Quite the opposite, I thought it was one of the quickest and supposedly most painless ways to die.

Well, if you get hit in the right spot, that is.

I directed my gaze away from my daughter onto my chest, where I saw a clear, red liquid spurting out of the hole that the bullet made into it. Blood. The bullet reached deeper and deeper, firstly piercing my sternum and then entering my heart, going through it without any effort. After that, I didn't feel anything. No pain, no emotions. The only thing I was awarre of was that the slow motion suddenly stopped.

The last thing that escaped my lips, "No..."

I dropped down onto my knees, took one last deep breath and then everything went white.

But that wasn't where it ended.

Just seconds later, I saw everything reappearing. The weird thing is, that I wasn't in my own body. I was watching what was transpiring from above.

It's...It's really hard to explain.

I felt nothing. I couldn't feel my arms or my legs, I couldn't feel the pain that was there before... I'm pretty sure that I wasn't even breathing!

The only thing I was able to do was see.

I saw my body lying motionless on the ground, a puddle of blood forming around and underneath it. I also saw how this monster overwhelmed Rainbow and pinched her to the ground, then pointed the gun at her head.

He pressed the trigger without thinking twice.


"NO!" I jolted awake, immediately sitting up on the bed, throwing Rainbow into my lap by doing so. My heart was beating so rapidly that I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I clutched my hands to my sweaty chest, desperately trying to slow down my heartbeat.

'Just a dream...just a dream' I started rocking back and forth, everything that happened in this 'dream' slowly replaying in my head. I knew that something was wrong about it.

Everything felt real. Too real. I wasn't even entirely sure if I was dreaming at that moment or not, but a quick 'pinching-test' told me that this indeed was real. At least I thought so. The pain I felt in that so-called 'dream' felt frighteningly real too, but something deep inside my mind told me, that this time I wasn't dreaming. Or on my way to heaven, for that matter.

"Daddy *yawn*? I stopped myself from having a mental breakdown upon hearing Scootaloo's voice. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah...yeah, I'm fine." I answered, looking down into her eyes, flashing her a faked smile.

"You were screaming." She deadpanned. I dropped my facade and chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of my head with my left hand. "And you're shaking."

"I... I just had a bad dream, but everything's fine now." I scratched her behind her ears, making her sigh in delight. I looked over to Rainbow's still sleeping form. "Let's go back to sleep, we don't wanna wake up Rainbow."

'If that's even possible.' I screamed and threw her off of my chest into my lap, and she was still sleeping.

I laid back down and closed my eyes, thinking the dream over one last time before I drifted back into sleep.


I had a horrible night.

I had the same dream over and over again, and it always ended with the same thing; Rainbow getting shot. Every single goddamn time.

Well, actually, it wasn't the same exact dream each time... Something changed in each one of them. Something rather important.

The face of the guy who killed me and Rainbow.

In the first dream, my father was the killer. You already know that.

In the second dream however, the killer's face changed to the one of my old math teacher, and in the third it changed to that one caretaker we had in the orphanage that every kid hated, because he was an asshole. That went on and on, the faces changing with each dream. Even to some I've never seen before. But they all lacked one thing from the first dream.

The eyes.

They all lacked the eyes that my father had in the first dream. The terrifying, yellow iris and crimson pupils that send shivers down your spine just at the sheer thought? No one of the others had those.

It almost seemed like someone, or something, was trying to tell me something with that... Like, there was a deeper meaning behind it...

Heh, what am I saying? That just sound ridiculous!

'It's just a bad dream!'

But to my relief morning was finally there, which meant that I was able to leave that goddamn cursed bed and do something to distract myself from all those creepy dreams I had.

What better way to distract someone from something than taking a hot shower?

...With two ponies...

Yeah, you probably already guessed it; Rainbow and Scootaloo decided to join me. Actually, they tortured me into letting them join me.

"Pweease daaad?" Scootaloo said, looking up at me with puppy dog eyes. I just shook my head at her, completely ignoring her attempts to overpower me with cuteness.

"Pweeeeeease Will?" 'Oh jesus fucking christ...' I turned around, only to see that Rainbow was now supporting Scootaloo.

"Nope." I said firmly, walking around Rainbow, ignoring her pleadings professionally. I was nearly out of the danger zone, when I heard something that sounded like a sob coming from behind me.

I slowly turned around.

I regretted doing that.

"*sigh* Okay girls, c'mon."

Their expressions instantly changed from 'ready to cry' to 'fucking YES'.

Seriously, don't blame me for giving in! These ponies take adorableness to a whole new level. Puppies and kittens are nothing in comparision to them. It almost seemed like their only purpose was to be as cute as possible!

So, after we finished cleaning ourselves (I was sure to be as quick as possible to avoid any awkward moments) we went downstairs to enjoy breakfast with the other two girls, who were already seated at the table and happily munching on the pancakes Applejack prepared. And you know what?

Applejack did live up to her name.

She made pancakes filled with apples, applesauce and apple fritters. All that without any apples! We had no fucking apples, and she did all that without having any!

Seriously, she freaked me the fuck out with that.

Anyways, after I calmed myself and she assured me that she didn't use any black magic to make apples appear out of nowhere, we finished breakfast quickly, cleaned the dishes and as soon as that was done, Twilight grabbed Applejack in her magic and went downstairs.

The way she was looking at us while being dragged through the basement door, pawing at the ground with her front hooves, silently screaming for help... I knew that Twilight was dangerous, but that dangerous?

"Maybe she isn't searching for a way to get home... " Rainbow said, looking at Applejacks desperate attempts to free herself of Twilight magical grasp. "Maybe she's torturing Applejack down there?"

"Naah, we would've heard that." I said, chuckling once. I jumped up onto the couch and laid down on it with my head resting on the armrest. Rainbow and Scootaloo soon followed, both of them finding comfort in their favourite spots. Yeah, my chest.

"You guys know that we could go and save her, right?" Scootaloo said.

"Yeah, we could." Both me and Rainbow said in unison, though Rainbow's reply came out a bit muffled because of the way she was nuzzling me into my chest. Scootaloo, upon seeing that we weren't going to help her, just sighed and shook her head.

"Hey Will?" Rainbow asked, stopping assaulting my chest with nuzzles.

"Sup?"

"Do you think I could stretch my wings a bit?"

"Uh, yeah?" I was a bit confused why she was even asking me that. Not like she needed my permission to do that.

"Awesome!" She said, jumping up in the air, doing the pony version of a fist pump. "C'mon, let's go outside!"

"Wait, outside?"

"Of course!"

'I'm so fucking dumb.'

"That's what you mean by stretching your wings." I said. "I thought you were talking about...well, stretching, not flying!"

"Eh, no?"

"Rainbow, I'm sorry, but I've already told you that you and the others can't go outside." I explained.

"C'mon Will, I'm getting tired of napping all day." She said, sighing in frustration. "I mean, who's gonna notice me anyways?"

"Not like there's a whole city living around here, right?"

"Uh, I don't know? Maybe hikers or pilots of an airplane?" I sarcastically remarked, waving my hands around in a rather...intersting manner. It may have looked like I was having a seizure. Yeah, I was pretty frustrated myself with the fact that we had to stay in the house every day.

I was never a person to sit in house all day and just watch TV or play videogames. May have something to do with the fact that I had neither of the two things during my childhood, because my father was a fucking asshole. So, yeah, no TV, no SNES, Playstation or whatever other console there was.

I really liked being outside. I mean, hiking was one of my hobbies before shit went downhill for me. I also loved camping, but that was more of a occasional thing.

"What's an airplane?" Scootaloo asked, making me think if this filly's endless curiosity will ever be sated.

"You see, we humans have no wings-" I said, pointing awkwardly at my back with my thumb. "-so we use big, uhm... constructions made out of metal and stuff, to fly, so that we can move from one place to another fast."

"That's awesome!" Rainbow said, fluttering her wings in amazement. "How fast can they go? I bet they can't go faster than me!"

"Uh, depends on which plane we're talking about. I think commercial airliners travel at around...I dunno, maybe 700-800 km/h?" I said, shrugging once. Don't judge me if I'm wrong, I'm no airplane expert! "The fastest airplane went mach 3.3, which is something around 3500 km/h."

"Dude..." Rainbow started, her mouth hanging open. "I can just go a bit above mach one! You humans are bucking awesome!"

"Nah, we're not-Waiiiiiit,-" I started, but trailed off as soon as my brain registered what she had just told me. I looked at her in a mix of disbelieve and amusment. "-are you trying to tell me that you can fly mach one with those wings?"

"Yeah! And when she does break the sound barrier, there's a biiiig rainbow-colored shockwave!" Scootaloo said, jumping up in the air, buzzing those little wings in excitement, making her able to hover in the air for a few seconds before landing back on my chest softly.

To me, all that sounded more like a fabulous version of a sonic boom. I was really struggling to contain my laughter at this point.

"So...hehe, lemme guess-" I started, taking a moment to catch my breath and not break out into a laughter. "It's called the 'Sonic Rainbow Boom'?

"Close." Rainbow said, her tone full of pride. She leaped up into the air and did a hoof pump. "It's called 'Sonic Rainboom'!"

That last one did it. I started laughing loudly, rolling around on the couch like I was dying, tears of amusement escaping my eyes. A hoof right to my guts turned my 'HaHa's' into 'Ouch's'. That really caught me off-guard. I clutched my stomach with my hands, desperatly trying to soothe the searing pain that Rainbow caused, and took in deep breaths.

You know, breathing after getting hit in the stomach is really hard. Like it's taking five times the effort to pull one breath of air into yourself. But what can I say? I definitely deserved that one.

"Gosh, Rainbow, that really hurt, you know?"

"Buck you Will!" Rainbow said, rolling her eyes in annoyance. "Don't you believe me?"

"C'mon, you're trying to tell me that you, a pony with wings, can surpass mach one and withstand the force of a sonic boom? Yeeeaah-no."

"I'll show you!" Rainbow said angered, jumping up in the air and zipping out through the front door that she somehow was able to open.

And it was at that moment I knew I fucked up.

I jumped up, throwing Scootaloo down to the ground in the process, and tried to catch up with her, but the moment I left the house, she was already far away in the distance. The only thing I made out was her rainbow-colored mane.

Then, when I was barely able to see her anymore, she turned around and flew back into our direction, getting faster with every second that passed. Now, imagine my face when the mach cone started building in front of her. Or when she actually broke the sound barrier, and a fucking shockwave made out of rainbows spread over the whole place.

My mouth hang open in amazement as I stared at the scene unfolding in front of me. I couldn't believe my eyes. The talking pegasus pony, that I thought couldn't fly much faster than maybe a bird could, just did a sonic boom. Right in front of my eyes.

But the amazement quickly disappeared, replaced by worries. Worries about what consequences her actions are going to have.

A quick slap tothe back of my head from someone brought me back to reality. I realized that I have been staring at the sky the whole time, and Rainbow apparently grew impatient, so she slapped me with a wing. I was lucky she didn't decide to use her hoof for that, or else that would've left a pretty nasty lump.

Actually, I'm sure that would've left more than just a lump, considering the strong punch she delivered to my guts before.

"Heh, whatcha saying now?" Rainbow managed to say through her heavy breathing, flashing me a tired, but cocky smile.

"I'd say we're in a lot of trouble now." I said, my eyes still fixated on where she broke the sound barrier. As if on cue, I heard the telltale sign of a car that was about to enter my property. Both me and Rainbow looked us into the eyes, then we gulped simultaneously before I grabbed her out of the air and threw her inside the house, closing the door as fast as I could.

If I would've hesitated just one second, the two officers inside the police car that arrived and I knew damn well from their last visit, would've seen her.

'Here we go for round two.' I gave myself a quick once over, checking my chest for any feathers from the girls. Finding none, I put on a big, faked smile -this time being cautious that I didn't give away my and nodded at them.

They nodded back, looking at me with unreadable expressions.

"Good day officers." 'Please tell me they haven't seen anything...pleasepleaseplease.'

"G'day, I think we have something that you need to see." The officer, whose name I remembered was Clark, said. He pulled out a piece of paper out of his pants pocket and then presented it to me like it was a trophy, a smug smile on his face.

I grabbed it out of his hand and read it.

My smile dropped.

It read:

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT

for the

NORTHERN DISTRICT OF WYOMING

SEARCH AND SEIZURE WARRANT

I looked into Officer Clark's face, then back onto the paper.

I sighed.

'At least I'm wearing clothes...'

Author's Note:

Hey guys!

Chapter 9's finally there.

If you want to know why it took me so long, watch my newest blog post. If you don't want to know, that's fine too, I guess.

So, this chapter's the first one that was actually pre-reviewed. The user GeorgeFleurParty was so kind to do that, pointing out some weird things in the old version of this chapter which I then edited out! So, if you liked this chapter, please consider thanking him for doing the prereading.

I also want to say that I'm pretty sure I won't be able to do that whole '1 chapter a week' thing anymore. I'm having some family related problems, which I really need to sort out. I'm sorry guys!

Right, I think that's all I want to say.


Special thanks!

GeorgeFleurParty. Again, thank you for all your feedback and for prereading and reviewing this chapter! :twilightsmile:
Thezion1111 for his encouraging words and support since the release of Chapter 1! Love you, dude! :heart: no homo though
Frankie2 for his support since the release of Chapter 2 and for being such a nice guy! I really appreciate it!
OrcaBrony for his feedback!

And last but not least, all the guys that favoured, liked and are following my story!
Seriously, I can't thank you guys enough! :twilightsmile:
Have a nice day! :pinkiehappy:

PreviousChapters Next