• Published 8th May 2016
  • 4,636 Views, 304 Comments

Moving On - Manitive



This is the story of William Wright, a normal person who wants to live a peaceful life, but is doomed to make big crucial decisions. Follow his tale through the hardships of life and other...rather uncommon things.

  • ...
33
 304
 4,636

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Eight

Complete and utter darkness.

"♫Ohh Will-iam.♫" I spun around into the direction of the creepy voice. Darkness.

"♫I'm coming to get youu.♫" The voice spoke up again, but this time it came from all direction.

I was afraid.

"Who are you? What do you want?" I shouted, my whole body trembling.

"Oh, you know me. You know me really good." I felt something touching my right shoulder, making me jump to the left on instinct. "As for what I want...I promise that you'll find out soon enough."

Then everything started spinning...


I woke up to the sound of chirping birds and the fucking sun hitting me right in my face.

I groaned once and tried to roll over onto my belly to block out the light, but quickly found out that something on my chest was restricting me from doing so. Something fuzzy and warm.

I looked down my body and groaned again.

Orange and cyan fur. That was all I saw and needed to see to realize one thing; There wasn't just one, but two ponies lying on my chest!
And I had no clue how they've gotten there! They were lying to my left when I dozed off, so they had to move up there by themselves.
What surprised me the most was that Rainbow actually laid there too. I knew that me and the girls were getting closer to each other, but that she would actually consider sleeping on top of me?

I didn't actually mind that they were lying there. It was kinda cute to see those two sleeping so peacefully, their chests moving with every breath they took. Oh, and they made a good blanket! Their fur felt really good on my skin...

Weirdo.

If it wouldn't have been for the damn sun trying to tell me that it was about time to get up, I definitely could've drifted back into sleep just by watching them.

Again, weirdo.

Fortunately, the two occupants of my chest were slowly coming back to the land of the living, if their stirring was anything to go by.
I really didn't want to wake them up, so I gladly accepted that nature did that for me.

At least I think they woke up because of that big, bright, goddamn orb and those fucking birds.

Seriously, fuck those birds.

"Girls, you awake?" I asked, noticing that their stirring was getting stronger. They responded with yawns and nods, but still remained perched upon my chest, no one of the two moving too much. As I already said, I would've just went back to sleep, if the sun wouldn't have been such an asshole. "Could you move so I can get up?" I could feel their heads shaking simultaneously, making me sigh in frustration. I lay there for a few seconds, pondering on whether I should actually try to get back to sleep or just push them off. But then a evil idea occurred to me.

An idea even worse than pushing them off!

I could move my arms and my hands.

And their bellies were exposed enough to try something really evil.

A devious smirk tugged at the corner of my mouth as I moved my hands slowly up to their bellies. 'Now I just need to hope that ponies are ticklish.'

Right as I began tickling their fuzzy bellies with my fingers, they started laughing and squirming uncontrollably, falling off my chest and with that out of my reach in the process.

'Yeeep, ticklish as fuck.'

"Daaad, why did you do that?" Scoots asked, breathing heavily, both she and Rainbow shooting me angry glares.

"Well, I had to get you off of me somehow..." I explained, shrugging my shoulders in a way that said 'I had no other choice'.

"Ah, so that how it is?" Rainbow said, a smirk forming on her face that could easily match mine. She turned her head to Scootaloo and whispered something into her ear. Scootaloo nodded once and then looked at me with a big grin plastered onto her face. I knew what their plan was, but I just couldn't bring myself to escape.

Mainly because I was too tired to do that.

Scootaloo jumped up onto my chest again, effectively restraining me from moving to escape my fate. The only thing I could do was look as Rainbow plucked one feather with her mouth out of her left wing, trapping it between her teeth. At that moment I knew that I started a war that I definitely couldn't win.

In hindsight, I'm pretty sure I could've escaped, since Scootaloo was fairly light and I still could move my arms... But... I just kinda forgot...

Don't ask me how I forgot.

"Hafff som' ohf yor own medishine!" Rainbow said through the cyan feather that was trapped between her teeth. I could only watch in horror (and maybe a bit of awe) as she leaped up in the air and started hovering above my face. I've never seen her, or Twilight for that matter, putting those wings to use, and I had to admit it, it looked really fucking awesome.

"Uh, hehe...Uhm, how about we talk-" I was interrupted as she suddenly brought the feather down onto my nose and started tickling me there, making me giggle like an idiot. But I didn't giggle because I was ticklish there, but rather because she tried to tickle my face.

I mean, c'mon, the face? Of all the possible places, she chooses my face?

She stopped as soon as she noticed that her actions weren't getting the response she expected.

"Arensh you tiklish?" She asked me, a puzzled look on her face. I just shrugged, but to my dismay, she was really determined to make me pay for tickling her and Scootaloo. "Scoots, move down a bit." She did as Rainbow told her, now exposing the upper part of my chest to the rather chilly air. "Imma try anothe' spot."

'Shitshitshitshit.'

I started laughing uncontrollably as soon as she started making the first motion with the soft side of the feather across my chest, nearly knocking Scootaloo off of me. Apparently, Rainbow was really satisfied with the way I was laughing, no, suffering.
Ten seconds, twenty seconds, thirty seconds and even after a minute she didn't stop attacking my chest with the feather. Tears started running out of my eyes, and my laughter increased in volume with every second that passed. I didn't want to give her the pleasure of begging her to stop, so I took it like a man.

...Well, actually, I was laughing so hard that I couldn't say anything.

But after the two minute mark I was well out of breath, and just couldn't stand it anymore. I thought I was about to pass out, but luckily for me, Rainbow finally showed some mercy and stopped attacking my chest.

She landed beside me and laid down, probably feeling content enough to see me out of breath, and Scootaloo moved up to her previous spot on my chest, snuggling into it. My laughter started to slowly die down, and I was able to breath freely again.




"You're really, really cruel ponies." That were the first words I said after I was able to speak again.

"You earned that one yourself, dad." Scootaloo said, nuzzling my chest with her muzzle.

"Yeah dude!" Rainbow said, shooting me a victorious grin. "And we totally won!"

I just rolled my eyes and nodded. They were right, after all.

I did deserve it and they did win.

Nothing to argue there.

"I guess so..." I admitted, nodding my head in agreement. "Now, can I finally get up?"


The rest of the day went over fairly quickly.
At breakfast, that I prepared, Twilight asked me if I had a room where she could try out some spells and do some experimentation. I told her that she could use the basement, under the condition that she wouldn't blow it up.

Or set it afire...

Or flood it...

Or teleport it into another dimension...

Anyways, she agreed to my terms, saying that she would try her best to prevent something like that from happening, and disappeared down there as soon as she was finished with breakfast, taking a worried looking Applejack with her. I could definitely understand why Applejack was so worried, I mean, Twilight only said that she would try her best to prevent something like that from happening.

I definitely wouldn't have followed her down there if I were in Applejack's position.

Fortunately (for every single one of us), Twilight didn't blow the basement up.

Or set it afire...

Or flood it...

Or teleport it into another dimension...


Scootaloo, Rainbow and I didn't do anything special that day. The two girls watched TV or napped most of the time and I did some chores that were long overdue. Like, picking up all those small purple, cyan and orange feathers from the floor (I swear, that's a real pain in the ass) or cleaning the toilet and the area around it.

I can't get this fucking picture out of my head. I feel like I'm going to puke again.

Human toilets are definitely not made for ponies. I think I'll never be able to go to a toilet without getting flashbacks.


So, yeah... All in all, nothing really special.


We said our last good nights to Applejack and Twilight, the latter looking really exhausted, and walked out of the guest room into the direction of our shared bedroom. I felt exhausted myself from doing chores all day long, and my body was really longing for some rest.


As soon as we arrived in the bedroom, I unclothed myself and jumped into bed, quickly covering my body with a blanket to shield myself from the rather chilly air. Scootaloo and Rainbow also jumped up onto the bed, but they didn't just lay themselves besides me. Scootaloo laid down between my parted legs, her head resting on my left calf, and Rainbow chose my chest as her sleeping place, curling herself up on it.

Like I already said, I didn't actually mind that they were using my body as a pillow. It was kinda comfortable.

"*yawn* Good night girls..." I drifted off into sleep as soon as the last words left my mouth, my body going numb.


"♫Will-iam, wake uuup.♫"

"♫C'mooon William, I'm waiting for youuu.♫"





"*sigh* Fine, if you want to play it like that."





TLAH - SH

I jolted awake instantly, automatically going up into a sitting position on the bed. My eyes darted around the very dimly lit room, scanning it for any intruders. I even stopped breathing to hear more clearly. I was at full alert, ready to protect myself, Scootaloo and Rainbow.

Fortunately, I found none.
Unfortunately, that meant that the possible intruder was somewhere else in the house.

Why was I so sure that there was an intruder?

Well, glass doesn't just break by itself. If that was even what woke me up, that is.

I felt something moving in my lap and looked down.

"*yawn* Will, what's up?"

"Rainbow, take Scoots and go to the guest room now." I whispered, recognizing Rainbow's voice instantly. "Someone's here..."

"But...wha-"

"We have no time for that!" I whispered, cutting her off before she could even form the question. I lifted her off of my lap and placed her onto all four hooves besides me, then grabbed Scoots and put her down on Rainbow's back, who remained unfazed by the sudden increase of weight.
I got off the bed as quickly as possible, put on the clothes from the day before and went over to the wardrobe. I opened it and searched the top shelves with my hands for the object I hoped I wouldn't need to use. My gun.

"Rainbow, I'm serious this time.-" I said while pulling the cylinder out of the revolver. I counted the rounds. 'Six rounds, that'll do.' "-Don't, under any circumstances, get out of the fucking room until I get you. Understood?"

She looked like she was about to retort, but instead chose to just nod.

"Good." I walked over to the door and opened it a bit, just enough that I could look into the hallway. I was lucky that I forgot to turn off the lights when I went to sleep, or else I probably wouldn't have seen much. 'Seems clear.'. I opened the door completely and walked into the hallway, motioning for Rainbow to follow. I sneaked over to the guest room door and opened it for Rainbow, who still had the sleeping Scootaloo on her back. "Okay, go on. Wake them up and tell them what's going on."

She again nodded, giving me one last worried look before walking into the room. I immediately closed the door behind her as quietly as I possibly could, and then headed downstairs to face the intruder.

I took one careful step after another until I arrived in the living room, scanning the room for any dangers from the doorway while being really careful to not make any sounds.

The only thing I heard was my own shallow breathing and my heartbeat.

And then I spotted him, climbing through a shattered window by the front door, landing on the floor with an almost inaudible thump.

My heart started beating faster.

I was tempted to just raise my weapon at him and pull the trigger, but something inside my mind prevented me from doing that.

Fear. I was terrified.

He was standing in the shadows, and the only features I could make out were his glowing eyes. Yellow iris, crimson pupils.

And he was looking right at me.

My heart skipped a beat.

"Ah, William, finally!" He said, clasping his hands together. He slowly moved forwards, out of the shadows, revealing his face in the process.

Everything about his face, and voice, remembered me of someone.

Someone I thought -and hoped- I would never meet again.

Someone who hated me dearly since the day I was born.

Someone who ruined my whole childhood.

But...his eyes...

"What do you want, 'dad'?" I asked, my tone filled with as much hate as I could muster. But that still didn't hide the fact that I was terrified.

Not only because of his eyes, but because of him in general.
He was the person, who ruined my childhood and hurt me mentally as well as physically, after all.

Wait, no, 'person' isn't the right word. I think the term 'monster' suits him better.

"Oh, I'm so happy to finally see you again, 'son'!" He said, masking his hate for me behind a happy facial expression. A nearly perfect fake, but I could still hear out that ironic undertone. He opened his arms in a 'come here and give me a hug' manner "Is that how you welcome your father after so many years? No hugs?"

I was really tempted to just go and punch that arrogant, downright evil cunt, but I had to play it smart. If I would've attacked him like that, I would've lost all advantages I had over him and he had the chance to overwhelm me.

"What.Do.You.Want?" I hissed through my teeth, grinding them together to quell my angers and stop myself from just sprinting forwards and beating the shit out of that fucker.

"How rude you've gotten, 'son'. Didn't I teach you better?" He asked, closing his arms again and putting on a mock-hurt expression.

I didn't respond, just slowly raised the weapon in my right hand and pointed the barrel at him.

"*sigh* Okay, okay, enough beating around the bush." He said, lifting his hands up in the air. "Let's get straight to the point; I've come to end what I didn't all those years back."

Now, I nearly pissed myself when he said that.
Granted, I did have an advantage with that gun, but the tone he used was enough to send shivers down my spine. He said it like it was nothing, and with such determination even though I was in the advantage and he knew that. That, paired with those creepy eyes...

But, besides fear, there was another emotion present.

Sadness.

You see, the moment I saw his face, I still had the slim hope that he had changed. That he knew what he did all those years ago was wrong.
Don't get me wrong, I definitely wouldn't have forgiven him for what he did to me, but...'a fault confessed is half redressed'.
When he said that he wanted to end what he didn't all those years back, I was... disappointed, to say the least.

"Y-Yeah? Well, looks like you're not in the spot to do that." I said, trying to sound like I didn't feel threatened. Didn't really succeed at that, though.

"Oh, are you sure?" He asked, looking at me with a big grin. He lowered his hands, closed them for a second and opened them again. He showed me what he had in them.

6 Rounds. 3 in each hand.

"♫You can't shoot without am-moo.♫" He sang, stashing all six rounds into the pockets of his ragged, dirty pants.

That was it. Not only was he evil, but a lunatic too? And he thought I was dumb?

I aimed right in the center of his chest and pulled the trigger.

click

I looked down to my gun confusion and pulled the trigger again.

click

"What the...?" I said, looking down to my gun in total bewilderment. I shook it twice. 'Did I forget to load it?'

'Wait, no, I'm sure I did load it. Yeah, yeah, I did.'

I was confused beyond belief.

"What, is your little toy not working?" I heard him whisper into my left ear, making me throw a punch in that direction out of surprise.

But it didn't connect. He wasn't there.

"Hey, no punching!" He jokingly scolded me. "That could've hurt!"

"Shut the fuck up!" I shouted, now clearly getting frustrated with the way he was toying with me. I was seriously pissed of on how he wasn't even treating me with respect, and that I didn't even know how he unloaded my gun was adding to that.

"How about YOU shut the fuck up?" He said, suddenly appearing right in front of me and delivering a punch right to the center of my chest with such force that I got knocked back a few steps and dropped my gun. I groaned in pain.

That punch brought not only pain, but also some unwanted memories. Memories I drowned a long time ago. I felt my eyes starting to water up, but I was in a dangerous situation. I had to be strong and clear minded in order to win and survive.

I looked up.

He was still standing in front of me, preparing another punch that looked like it was aimed at my head. But I was prepared this time.

Time seemed to slow down as the fist came closer and closer, but right before it could connect with my head, I dodged it professionally and prepared one strong one of my own, aimed right at his stomach.

He didn't see that one coming.

I hit his stomach hard, making him let out a loud groan out of pain.

I pulled my hand back and struck again, my fist coming from below and connecting with his jaw, sending him sprawling to the floor.

A perfect uppercut.

I thought he was finally done for, but then he started chuckling.
Even though I probably knocked out a few teeth with that last punch, he was chuckling?

I mean, a punch that hard to the jaw should've knocked him out!

"What's so funny?" I snarled, my voice dripping with venom, regarding him with a furious look.

"Hehe, oh, nothing!" He said, flashing me a big, teeth showing smile. Well, what remained of his teeth. I seriously knocked out way more than I thought I had. "I just love a good fight!"

"Yeah, well, the 'fight' is over." I said, looking at him in a mix of confusion and total anger. Hell, a blow to his jaw that strong should've easily knocked him out.

"Nonono, I'm fine." He said, jumping back up onto his feet like it was nothing, shaking his head rapidly.

"You can't be serious..."

I was so shocked by his sudden recovery that I nearly didn't see his left fist coming back in for another punch. I was somehow able to dodge it just in time, even though I wasn't really paying attention.

What I wasn't able to dodge though, was his right fist, coming in for a strike aimed right at my face.

It connected.

My head shot back violently and I immediately lost balance, falling down onto the floor.
I groaned in pain, covering my face with my hands. My nose hurt like hell, and I was pretty sure that it was broken. I felt warm, thick liquid trailing down from my nose onto my mouth. My whole face felt like it was on fire and my head felt like it was going to explode any moment.

But I knew that I was very vulnerable while lying there.

I jumped up into a standing position as best as I could, given my injuries, and was about to just blindly punch forward, but was stopped my something cold, metallic and circular touching my forehead. I opened my eyes and looked up.

The barrel of my gun.

Apparently I was down long enough that my 'father' was able to pick off the gun from the floor, load it and point it at my head.

"That was a good bit of fun,-" He calmly said, pressing the barrel harder against my forehead. "-but I think that was enough for today."

I knew he was about to press the trigger.

But I wasn't prepared for death.

I had friends to take care of.

Friends to protect.

Friends that needed my help.

I had a daughter I needed to take care of.

A daughter, that went through hard times just like me.

A single tear escaped my eyes just at the thought of losing them.

I didn't want to leave those friends or my new daughter.

But I couldn't do anything about it.

The person I called 'dad' a long time ago, was going to take them away from me.

"Why?" I whispered, looking up at him with tear filled eyes. There was no hope anymore.

I knew he was in control, and I couldn't do anything about that.

He was going to kill me.

"C'mon, you know why little Will." He said, rolling those crazy eyes. "Because you, little Will, destroyed my life."

"And now I'm going to destroy yours." I could feel how he increased the pressure on the trigger.

'This is it.' I took one last, deep breath, inhaling that wonderful air, and then closed my eyes, waiting for the pain to come.





"Oh no you DON'T!" Screamed the rainbow blur that slammed right into my father, knocking him down to the ground.

Author's Note:

Hey there! :pinkiesmile:

A lot happened since the release of Chapter 7!
And by a lot I mean one thing!

I'm sick, and I've been sick since the release of Chapter 7.

It started like a normal flu. Puking, headaches, joint pain, sore throat...You know, typical flu symptoms.
But one day after I've gotten sick, small, red rashes started appearing all over my upper body and on my arms.
So I drove to the doctor and they told me that they themselves have no clue what it could be. They took a blood sample and prescribed me penicillin because they guessed I had a tonsillitis and the rashes were just another symptom, or something like that.

Anyways, turns out that the doctors were right in their assumption, because I very slowly started feeling better.

So, all that shit was a week ago, and I tell you, that week was horror. I could hardly sleep because lying on my back was too painful and sitting wasn't better either. Eating, drinking and talking was extremely painful, and writing was out of the question with how headaches threatened to make my head explode.

I started writing this chapter on Sunday and somehow had it done 'till today...Buuut!
I know I fucked up at the fighting scene. It's boring, undramatic and badly-written. I'm still sick and have never written something like a fighting scene (go figure). I tried my best while writing it, though!

Maybe I'll edit it sometime this week in the future.

Before I go to the special thanks, I'd love if some of you guys gave me feedback on how you liked this chapter.
What did you find good/bad, what can I do to improve...You know, things like that.
Also, if you see any spelling or grammar mistakes, be sure to point them out! I'd really appreciate it! :twilightsmile:

Oh yeah! I'm sorry for the 'cliffhanger'! Again...
Doing that was the only way for me to not write a 6000 words+ chapter. Writing so many words would've killed me, I'm pretty sure.


Special thanks this time go toooooooo Yeah, Imma see if I can do something different next chapter

GeorgeFleurParty. Again, thank you for all your feedback and for supporting this story with it! :twilightsmile:
Thezion1111 for his encouraging words and support since the release of Chapter 1! Love you, dude! :heart: no homo though
Frankie2 for his support since the release of Chapter 2 and for being such a nice guy! I really appreciate it!

And last but not least, all the guys that favoured, liked and followed my story!
Seriously, I can't thank you guys enough! :twilightsmile:

Have a nice day! :pinkiehappy:

PreviousChapters Next