• Published 8th May 2016
  • 4,636 Views, 304 Comments

Moving On - Manitive



This is the story of William Wright, a normal person who wants to live a peaceful life, but is doomed to make big crucial decisions. Follow his tale through the hardships of life and other...rather uncommon things.

  • ...
33
 304
 4,636

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Thirteen

It was one month after the four pastel colored ponies I was glad to call my friends, appeared in my life. My wounds, the physical as well as mental ones, fortunately healed quickly and without any complications, Twilight was doing some significant progress in her research and the girls and I were getting closer to each other with each day that passed.

You could say everything was working out perfectly.

Kind of.

After the night we had that talk, Rainbow started acting...weird.

By weird I mean rather affectionate, especially towards me, hugging me randomly for minutes until I told her to let me go, or just cuddling with me when we were in bed at night.

She was always by my side, all day long, be it when I was preparing dinner or just taking a nap on the couch. That alone was weird.

But not as weird as that one time she 'accidentally' kissed me on the cheek before we went to bed. Of course, she was quick to apologize to me after she broke the ten seconds long kiss. She told me over and over that it was 'just and accident, nothing more' and that she didn't want to kiss me but to just nuzzle me on the cheek because I was being such a 'good friend'. She looked kinda disappointed after she said that, but maybe I was just imagining that.

Wouldn't have been the first time.

Anyways, enough of that, let's get to the real part of this:
It was probably one of the hottest days, if not the hottest, I had witnessed since I moved to Wyoming. I have no idea how hot it was exactly, but I think the most accurate description on how hot it was would be...

Uh...

Fuck that, it was fucking hot.

The worst thing of all?

No air conditioner.


I was lying half naked on an old leather couch in the basement, the only thing covering my most sacred place being plain white, sweat soaked boxers. It was silent, safe for the occasional rattling sound made by the washing machine on the other end of the room, cleaning the also sweat soaked clothes I've put on that morning, not knowing that it was going to be that hot.

I wasn't alone, though.

Rainbow was lying on her side between my lower legs, her head resting dangerously close to my crotch, legs sprawled out into all directions, one of those cute little fur-covered legs resting upon my right shin, her cyan fur soaking up the sweat that was escaping my body en masse.

She didn't care though. It was way too hot for that.

Maybe I should've been uncomfortable because of the way she was lying there, so close to my crotch, but I wasn't.

It was way too hot to care about something like that.

And even though we were in the basement, where it should've been fucking cold in contrast to upstairs, it wasn't. Sure, it was a bit colder, but not by much. It still felt like I was being cooked alive, especially on that black leather couch. Why I had a black leather couch down in my basement is beyond me.

The fact is that I hate black leather things. They soak up heat way too good. Sure, it's pretty neat during winter, but in summer it's just downright annoying.

Me and Rainbow were in some sort of trance, our bodies having long ceased everything that wasn't of vital importance.

Inhale, exhale.

Inhale, exhale.

That went on for long, long minutes, the only sound that could be heard being those deep, exhausted breathes of Rainbow and me. But some time between our breathing I started hearing something that suspiciously sounded like hooves hitting stone.

I sat myself up, feeling my skin unstick itself from the leathery surface of the couch with loud pops, with Rainbow following suite, a glimmer of hope in both of our eyes as we saw Twilight and the other two descending the stairs, a bucket floating behind them, coated in a sparkling purple aura. The three went upstairs what felt like an eternity ago to get some ice out of the freezer, and they were finally back!

Finally back to bring us the long awaited release in form of sweet sweet frozen water!

I was as happy as a fat kid at a burger king.

But then, when they came closer, I saw that the bucket was empty, devoid of any ice cubes. I groaned and let my body fall back down onto the couch, my sweat covered skin immediately doing its best to glue itself back onto the leather.

"There's... no more ice... in the freezer..." Twilight said between her heavy panting, her tongue cutely lolling out of her mouth. Though, to her defense, we didn't look better off either. "It's bucking hot upstairs...'

"Ohh c'mooon!" Rainbow groaned, frustration clearly evident in her tone, letting her head fall back down onto my left calf.

"So, let me get this straight-" I started, lifting one of my hands onto my glistening forehead, rubbing it in frustration. "-it's possibly one of the hottest days of the last few years and we have no more ice?"

"Yep." Applejack confirmed, apparently completely unaffected by the heat. She was a hard working farm pony, often working in the open sun on days like that one, if what she told me was anything to go by, but I just couldn't comprehend how she wasn't affected by this unbearable heat in the slightest. At least not visually.

Probably some weird-ass earth pony magic.

"Rainbow, can you please stop drooling onto my leg?" I asked, feeling a sudden increase of wetness on where her head was resting.

"Sowwy." She said, her mouth wide open, not making any attempts to move her head away.

"Wait..." I mumbled, mostly to myself, slowly getting an idea on how we could escape the unbearable heat. "Drool...drool means water, water means..."

Click.

"THAT'S IT!" I shouted victoriously, immediately jumping up onto my feet, knocking my shinbone against the underside of Rainbow's muzzle in the process. "THE FUCKING LAKE THING!"

Don't ask me how I connected the dots there.

"OW! WILL!" Rainbow screamed, rubbing the spot where my shin hit her with her hooves, desperately trying to soothe the pain currently coursing through it.


"Oh shit, sorry!" I apologized, suddenly feeling very concerned about Rainbow's well-being. "You alright?"

"Ow, buck... What's your leg made out of? Bricks?" She asked half-jokingly, half-serious, plopping herself down onto her haunches.

"Last I checked, no." I said, releasing a sigh of relief. I don't know what I would've done if I seriously hurt her, so I was glad that that wasn't the case.

"Uh, dad, what lake?" Scootaloo asked, making me realize that I still had some explaining to do.

"There's a small swimming hole maybe a thirty minutes walk away from here!" I exclaimed, jumping down from the couch onto the ground, feeling the happiness from before pushing itself back into my mind. "And the best thing about it is, that probably no one, besides maybe some of my old colleagues, know about it! And they moved away nearly half a year ago!"

Just as the last word left my mouth, I felt something feathery and quite boney connecting against the back of my head. My hands shot backwards and clutched at where it impacted, and I turned around, only to come eye to eye with a rather furious looking Rainbow. Her eyes seemed like they were trying to reach into the deepest part of me, piercing right through my soul.

"The fuck Rainbow?" I questioned, trying to ignore her deadly stare to my best abilities, raising an eyebrow at her in surprise.

"Sooo, you're telling me, that the whole time we were here, we could've been outside, swimming and cooling ourselves off?" She asked, her voice getting louder and louder with each word that passed. I suddenly felt very powerless under her stare, even though I was probably a lot stronger than her, so instead of voicing my answer, I just nodded dumbly.

"O-kay, I think I'll stop this before it gets violent." Twilight said, stepping between us and pushing Rainbow a few meters back with her magic, finally giving me room to breath. "Will, are you sure that it's safe for us to go there?"

I cleared my throat in a weird manner and then answered Twilight.

"It should be, it's pretty secluded and far away from the normal hiking paths, so no one should accidentally stumble upon it. Though we have to watch out on the way there."

"Assuming what was told me was correct, of course." I quickly added, my tone slightly uncertain.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Rainbow asked, trying her best to sound calm and collected, but failing miserably at doing so. It could've worked if she would've stopped glaring at me like she was gonna pounce and beat the living shit out of me at any second.

"But it's way too dang-"

"Yeah, c'mon, let's go!" Scootaloo shouted in excitement, jumping in front of Twilight and interrupting her effectively, buzzing her little wings rapidly, gaining a few centimeters of altitude.

"Alright alright, just let me pack some things." I chuckled, shaking my head at the sheer silliness, but a smile sneaked its way onto my face nonetheless. That didn't stop my worries though.


We used our last energy reserves as we ambled along the mountain path, the supposedly final part of our journey to get relief in the form of water.

"I thought..you...said...thirty minutes..." Rainbow gasped, trying to wipe some sweat from her forehead, but to no effect. It was immediately replaced.

She was right, I did say that it was just a thirty minutes walk away from where we started, but at least an hour passed since we started walking, meaning that the trek was way longer then I expected it to be.

Oh, and way more painful.

"I was never.... there before." I said, having troubles with pulling fresh air into my lungs I so desperately needed. I looked back at them from over my shoulder, trying to see how they were faring. Twilight, Scootaloo and Rainbow looked the worst, the fur on their bodies glistening in the sun's rays, and it seemed like they could pass out from exhaustion at any moment.

But Applejack still didn't look like she was affected by the heat and all the walking we did in the slightest, happily trotting up to them.

Looking back forward I added. "Someone just described me how to get there."

That someone was one of my old colleagues from where I worked before everything went downhill for me, who was kind enough to tell me how to get to that 'swimming hole'. I'm quite sure I was the only one he told.

'I really hope he wasn't kidding...'

"I just hope...he wasn't joking..." Twilight mumbled behind me, apparently having the same worries as I did. Actually, I think all of us were worrying, understandably so. If that guy lied and that place didn't exist, we pretty much walked two and a half miles of pure pain for nothing.

I started walking again, the others following closely behind me as we lapsed back into absolute silence. The only sound that could be heard for a long while, other than chirping birds, was heavy panting and hooves hitting dirt.

Until I picked up another sound.

An unusual humming sound assaulted my ears. It sounded like a huge swarm of bees, getting louder and louder with every step I made. A few minutes of silence later I even felt how the buzzing transferred itself to the dirt and rocks beneath my feet. I felt a tingle that ran up to my fingertips.

I absentmindedly increased my speed, completely ignoring the pain coursing through my feet and how exhausted I felt, slowly increasing the distance between me and the girls, who were struggling to keep up with me. First I was walking fast, then jogging, and in the end I was running, totally unaware of the fact that the girls were shouting for me to slow down.

Sometime during my sprint I must have rounded a corner and walked through a crevice, or something like that, between two mountains, instantly revealing the source of the sound.

My mouth hung open in astonishment at the sight of the clear, Carribean-blue waterfall in the distance. It was spurting over moss-covered rocks, spilling eel-like over the ledges. My eyes trailed slowly downwards, following the loom of liquid silver that plunged into the depths of an even more beautiful paradise-blue spring. The spout was hitting the surface of the pool like a thunderclap, creating a slight breeze upon impact.

This breeze continuously hit my face, gently blowing the hair off my forehead. I smelled the pungent smell of rainwater, mixed with something minerally and earthy.

I finally was able to let my eyes wander around more, away from that awfully inviting looking spring, onto the shore of it.

The shore of the spring was actually a pearly-white sand beach, and immediately behind the beach came a dense forest and some smaller mountains, hiding the spring perfectly from any people that weren't actively searching for it.

Everything was just in perfect harmony; the smell, the noises and the sight.

It was a paradise.

... A paradise that just didn't look natural to Wyoming. The water was way too blue and clear, the trees and bushes in the forest didn't look like something that was native to Wyoming and the beach also looked way too paradisaical. What I was seeing looked more like something you'd find in tropical regions, not in a region like this.

The longer I stood there and examined what was in front of me, the quicker I realized that something was really wrong about this place, other than the things I've already mentioned before.

It felt like someone was... watching me. Like we weren't alone.

But I couldn't care less at that moment. The only thing I wanted to do was finally get some relief from the heat, and besides that, chances were high that I was just being paranoid again.

I heard the sound of clip-clopping hooves approaching me from my back, growing closer rapidly.

"William...never...do...that...again!" Rainbow barked between breathes and coughes, doing her best to seem angry before collapsing to the ground in a heap, her chest moving up and down violently.

"Sorry..." I said in a almost whisper, my mind still not able to comprehend the sheer beauty of what I was seeing.

'That he told me it was just a normal swimming hole...'

"AH! There ya are! What in tarnation's goin'-" Applejack said angrily as she and the other two finally arrived, but cut herself off as soon as she saw what I saw, lapsing into a state of amazement. "Wooooow..."

"Woow." Twilight agreed with Applejack, her eyes unrealistically big.

I finally came back to earth, my brain starting to properly function again. Suddenly I had a really good idea on how I could get my revenge on Rainbow. I looked back at them, or more particular at Rainbow, who was already back on her hooves, a challenging smirk on my face. As soon as I saw Rainbow returning my smirk, probably getting my secret message, I immediately started sprinting into the direction of the beautiful blue pool.

"First one to the spring gets a free massage!" I shouted back at her, running as fast as my body would've allowed me to. I heard annoyed shouts and groans coming from behind me, but also rapidly flapping wings. From that sound alone I knew that Rainbow was already in the air, accepting my challenge.

But I was going to win.


"Fucking bullshit..." I complained, wiping a drop sweat away from my forehead.

"Stop complaining and focus on massaging me, big boy." Rainbow purred from underneath me. She lay, belly first, on a towel on the rocky shore, with her eyes closed and a satisfied expression upon her face, with me towering above her in a really uncomfortable (and awkward) squatting position. I cursed under my breath before I resumed kneading her shoulders again, focusing to work the kinks out of her muscles. "Never make bets you know you can't win, Willy~"

'Fuck you.'

Yes, I lost.

Yes, I was totally ashamed as she shot past me, with me having a head start and all that. Though to my defense; she had those incredibly overpowered wings!

Like seriously, she can go mach one with them! I should've known that I was doomed to lose.

Though I may have won if I wouldn't have tripped over that one fucking stone and fell face first into the sand.

"I nearly won..." I muttered, pouting at her before taking my hands away from her shoulders and trailing them upwards in light, long strokes, determined to end this humiliation massage as soon as possible without her noticing. "You just won because I tripped over a stone."

"Pfff, like that mattered." She said, looking back and rolling her eyes at me, but that was quickly followed by a sigh of satisfaction as I found a tension knot and applied focused pressure, effectively loosing it. She rested her head back onto the towel, closing her eyes once again.

'Yes, that fucking mattered!' I screamed at her in my mind, my anger being triggered by her behavior. She was acting all superior and shit since I started massaging her, like winning was something she did every day. There were a few times during the massage where I just wanted to pick her up and throw her blue butt into the water, but every time that thought was stopped by her making an adorable noise.

"Dude, hands are the best." She cooed as I worked out kink after kink, a dreamy expression on her face.

"Uh, glad you think so... I think?" I said awkwardly, my hands never ceasing their work.

"Wooow Twilight! Can you do that again?! Canyoucanyoucanyou??" While I was doomed to be Rainbows masseuse under the blazing sun, the others were having the time of their life in that way too inviting spring, playing in the water, doing some awkward doggy paddling or just chilling under the waterfall. I tried to ignore them, but that was impossible to do.

Especially when your brain is screaming at you to jump into the water on an instant.

Fortunately, for both my hands (which hurt like hell) and the rest of my body, I was finished. I lifted my hands away from her neck and stood back up, taking a few steps backwards and doing some weird stretches, cracking a few joints all across my body in the process.

"What? Finished already?" She complained as I walked over to the backpack to my left, opened it and pulled a towel out of it, slinging it over my shoulder before continuing to search for my swimming trunks.

"My hands are killing me right now, so, yeah." I answered, frowning upon noticing the lack of garment in the backpack. "Oh c'mon! How can I forget something as important as that?!"

"What's up?" She asked me, moving over to my side to take a look into the backpack, trying to see what my problem was.

"I forgot my fucking swimming trunks..." I sighed sadly, closing the backpack and standing up again. "Guess that means no swimming for me..."

"Uh dude, why would you need pants to swim?" Rainbow questioned, looking at me with a confused expression upon her face. I shot her my best 'are you fucking serious right now' look and shook my head, but that just seemed to confuse her even more.

"Rainbow, if you still haven't noticed it; we humans aren't really comfortable with being naked in public." I explained, sighing in frustration.

"Yeah, and that's weird!" She stated, then she pointed at her own body with one of her forelegs. "Am I wearing any clothes?"

"Are your genitals hanging around freely, covered by nothing?" I asked her back, raising an eyebrow at her, waiting patiently for her answer.



"Well! I-It's...uh..." She started confidently, but soon began to stammer, a blush rapidly growing on her face, tinting her cheeks deep red. "It's not like we... haven't seen your...you know..."

I lifted my hands up to my chin, rubbing it while pondering what to do. On the one hand, it was still fucking weird, on the other hand, it was fucking hot and I really wanted to swim.

Didn't take long for me to come to a decision.

"Eh, I guess you're right." I shrugged. I then quickly unclothed myself and sprinted into the direction of the pool, my glorious wiener flipping around like a flag in the wind.

"HERE I COME GUYS!" I shouted, bellyflopping into the cold pool, hitting the watery surface hard.


??? POV

I was hidden behind a thick wall of bushes and trees, trying my best to stay hidden despite my long and slender body. I peeked through the foliage, my extra large yellow eyes with mismatched red pupils fixated onto one particular being.

Someone who I had big plans for.

"Soon, little human, soon." I whispered, my lips peeling back from my teeth in a maniac grin. With a flick of my claws I was gone, but not before releasing one last, maniac laugh that echoed through the whole place.

Author's Note:

Sooo... That happened.

I really don't know what to say other than holy shit. 1000 fucking views.


Hello guys! :pinkiehappy:

Once again, thank you GeorgeFleurParty for not only proofreading this chapter, but also helping me out with other really important things regarding this story.


School's about to start for me again, which brings up some problems regarding my weekly update schedule. I'll try to release one chapter a week, but I can't promise anything.

So, Imma go to bed now. I'm fucking tired. Staying awake for nearly 24 hours can do that to a person, I guess. :ajsleepy:

Have a nice night/day/morning. :twilightsmile:


Special thanks!

PreviousChapters Next