• Published 8th May 2016
  • 4,636 Views, 304 Comments

Moving On - Manitive



This is the story of William Wright, a normal person who wants to live a peaceful life, but is doomed to make big crucial decisions. Follow his tale through the hardships of life and other...rather uncommon things.

  • ...
33
 304
 4,636

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Ten

Rainbow POV

I hit the floor, belly first, with a loud thump, my legs sprawled out into all directions. I would have been very, very angry at William for throwing me like I was a piece of trash, if it wouldn't have been for the fact that me and the other girls were pretty much bucked right now.

I quickly stood back up and pressed my ears to the door, trying to hear what they were saying.

"Good day officers." 'That's William...'

'Wait...officers? Aren't that the guys from last time?'

"G'day, I think we have something that you need to see."




"A... a search warrant?"

"What's a search warrant?" I jumped up into the air out of surprise upon hearing somepony speaking up from behind me. I turned around mid-air, preparing to kick the danger right into the face, only to see that it was just Scootaloo, who I forgot was still there from before. I sighed and let my guard down, before speaking up again.

"Squirt, c'mon, let's go downstairs to Twilight and Applejack and hide with 'em." I whispered. I didn't want to let those two guys know that we were just behind the door. That could've been a fatal mistake.

Not like I couldn't take those two in a 1v2. I'm the Rainbow Dash, after all.

I did it for William.

I may have won a 1v2, but William would've been in really big trouble.

I trotted over to the basement door as quickly as possible, Scootaloo following close behind. Upon reaching it, I flew up and opened the door with my mouth, silently cursing that bucking doorknob. Scootaloo walked into the rather dimly lit, and dusty, basement, and right when I entered and closed the door behind me, I heard the front door opening.



Scootaloo and me hurried down the staircase, reaching the floor rather quickly. That was actually the first time I saw a hooman human basement. To be fair, it was rather...boring.

I mean, the least you'd expect from an alien basement would be some kind of high-tech lab or some shit like that.

But the only thing I saw there was... Uhm, cobwebs, the dust covered floor and some weird, big and white boxes with a round thing made out of glass where you could look through. I couldn't quite place what they were there for, but they definitely didn't look like superweapons that an alien would use to destroy a whole planet or something like that.

Those science fiction books I read heard about lied!

Though there was one interesting thing about that basement, which was what was happening in some corner of it; Applejack, who looked like she was sleeping while standing, was wearing some sort of metallic strainer upon her head with various things like spoons, forks and other things attached to it. I had no clue how something as silly as that should've helped Twilight to find a way back home, but I wasn't complaining, as long as she did find one.

Speaking of Twilight; she was directly facing us, scribbling down some notes on paper that was magically floating in front of her with something that I have never seen before. It looked like a stick made out of metal and plastic, but you could write things down with it!

Wait, why am I so excited about that thing?

The squirt and I trotted over to Twilight and the sleeping Applejack quickly.

"Rainbow! Scootaloo! I have great n-!" Twilight happily exclaimed upon noticing our presence, a big smile plastered onto her face. But of course, she didn't know in how much trouble we were, so she spoke a bit loudly, but before she could end her sentence...

"Pssshh." I shushed, sticking a dust covered hoof into her mouth to prevent her from giving away our position to those two officers upstairs. I looked back up to the door to the basement and waited a few seconds, trying to be sure that they hadn't heard Twilight.

Fortunately the door didn't open, so I pulled my hoof out of her mouth, much to her delight. She coughed -quietly, mind you- a few times, probably from all the dust that I just pushed into her mouth.

"Twilight, we're in a lot of trouble right now, don't speak too loud. Can't explain right now." I whispered quickly, hopping on my hooves like I really needed to use the bathroom. "Do you know any spell to hide us?"

Twilight was dumbstruck by how serious I was. She stared at me for a few seconds with a expressionless face, trying to comprehend what I just said. I punched her lightly onto the shoulder and she shook her head in response, finally coming back to Eque-...

Uhm, whatever that planet was called.

"Uh, yes, I think I do..." She said, looking at me confused. "Why?"

"Wha' in tarnations' goin' on?" Applejack, who was finally coming back to the world of the living, asked, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

Then I heard something.

My ears perked up and swiveled into the direction the sound was coming from. They came from the door upstairs.

It sounded like a turning doorknob.

'Of course, the first place they're searching is where we are hiding...'

"Cast it Twilight! Now!"

Twilight looked completely confused, but lightened up her horn anyways, understanding that it wasn't some of my awesome pranks. I forced my eyes shut, my whole body trembling in fear perfectly still. You know, because I was calm and all that.

Right when the door was about to open, there was a bright flash, bright enough that I saw it through my closed eyelids, and then...

Uh, nothing? Not like I didn't see anything, but more like nothing happened.

I opened my eyes.

Then I heard the door slamming open.

I looked back over my shoulder and spotted the outlines of another human, maybe as high as William with nearly the same stature, standing in the doorway.




"*Sigh* Do I really have to search the whole fucking house by my own?" The human said, carefully walking down the staircase. "Fucking bullshit..."

My heartbeat grew faster with every step he took.

"Fucking Jackson..."

And then he stood in the center of the basement and stared straight at us.

You know what really surprised me? The spell Twilight used, apparently worked!

He stood there, looked straight at where we were standing, sighed once, turned around and just walked back upstairs! He apparently wasn't in the mood to search through the whole basement, much to our luck. I silently cheered as the door closed behind him, because I still wasn't sure if whatever Twilight did was soundproof.





"O-kay." Twilight said, looking at me partly confused and partly frightened. "That was kinda weird."

Scootaloo and Applejack just nodded dumbly, staring at the door where the Officer just vanished. What followed could be best described as an awkward silence.





I shook my head, puffed out my chest and looked at them with a determined expression. "Let's go and save William."

From what, I wasn't too sure.


William POV

So many things were running through my mind as I sat there on the lawn in the front yard.

I was confused. Like, why didn't they see or hear that 'Sonic Rainboom' Rainbow did? They must've surely seen it, considering that it was fucking huge.

I also was angry. I don't know why exactly, but maybe because those two cunts just showed up at my house, with a search warrant that said that I was believed to hide drugs, which made no fucking sense at all. I mean, c'mon, drugs? They didn't even have any evidence for that!

The last thing I can remember was fear. If that Clark-cunt found those four strange, pastel colored ponies in there, I would've been beyond fucked. I mean, hiding an alien species from the government?

That's like, hiding gold from-...

Nope.

A few minutes passed since Officer Cunty entered my house. Officer Jackson, who was at least not as cocky as Cunty, said that he would stay behind to watch over me so that I couldn't do anything stupid like running away (Not like I'd try something like that). Cunty didn't look really happy about having to search through the whole house all by himself, but did it anyways. Maybe he was a lower ranking officer or something like that?

Or maybe he secretly liked being commanded around like that, and he just faked his reaction to hide his fetish?

Yeah, that must be it.

Anyways, so I sat there, looking at the open front door while Jackson stood a meter or so in front of me, regarding me with a suspicious face, his hand tightly gripping the pistol in his holster. I just ignored him, rather thinking about what I'm going to do when Cunty should find the girls.

'...I could try to fight them...' I thought, taking a quick glance at his holster. The risk of getting shot was really high, considering that he was being so cautious paranoid. 'Maybe if I could distract him for just a second...'

I just sighed internally.

'Not there's anything I could distract him with.'

And I swear, right at that fucking moment, when I thought that I, and the girls, were truly fucked, fucking Rainbow flew out of the house and kicked Jackson square in his back with some kind of karate-like kick. He groaned in pain as his body hit the ground in front of me with a solid thump, his face landing directly on my left, bare foot, which -somehow- hurt like hell.

I shot up into the air, clutching at my left foot while jumping up and down on my right one, cursing the whole time.

"Uhh, Will, you okay?" I momentarily stopped hopping like an angry monkey and looked up to Rainbow, who was now hovering in front of me, a concerned look adorning her face.

"Yeah, everything's fine. A guy just nearly crushed one of my feet with his face that's apparently made out of stone, but other that I'm totally fine." I sarcastically replied.

"C'mon, I saved you." She said, punching my shoulder 'lightly'. Hooves can be both, hard and surprisingly soft, and that definitely wasn't a soft hoof that hit my shoulder, which only added to the pain that was coursing through my left foot.

"From what?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, rubbing the spot where she hit me with my right hand.

"Wow, did I really knock that guy unconscious?" She asked surprised, completely ignoring my question. "... Awesome."

"Really Rainbow?" I sighed, shaking my head, though I couldn't help myself but to crack a small smile.





"WHAT THE FUCK?!?" I heard someone shout, no, shriek from behind Rainbow. She froze midair, her wings suddenly stopping to flap, though she continued to hover in the air somehow.

I gently and slowly pushed Rainbow to the side, only to see that Officer Cunty was standing in the doorframe of the front door, his eyes fixated on Rainbow. His face showed a mix of shock and disbelief.

"This... isn't what it looks like!" Rainbow exclaimed, turning around suddenly to face the Officer, throwing up her hooves.

I looked at Rainbow, shooting her my best 'Are you fucking serious' look, and then looked back to the doorframe, where I saw that the Officer had drawn his weapon out of its holster, aiming it straight at me with his trembling hands.

I moved in front of Rainbow, trying to protect her with my body.

"Please, don't do anything stupid." I calmly said, though I was anything but calm. I kept eye contact with him the whole time, not trying to seem like I was going to do anything stupid. "Let me explain, please."

"SHUT THE FUCK UP." He shrieked, making both me and Rainbow flinch a bit.

'Yep, he's crazy.'

Then he started chuckling like a madman, shaking his head in a disbelieving manner.

"I don't even..." He said between chuckles, shaking his head slightly. "A talking, flying horse..."

"Look, we don't want any trou-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP I SAID, YOU DUMB. FUCKING. TALKING. HORSE!"

Rainbow looked to me, seemingly hurt by his words. That sadness of hers turned into anger rather quickly as she saw that I wasn't going to do anything, like punch him in the face. Not like that would've been the smartest thing to do. He had a fucking gun pointed right at me, and looked like he was about to go full madman, after all.

"Yeah, you know what? BUCK YOU!" Rainbow screamed at him, flying up besides me, hovering with her chest at my shoulder level. She was fully unprotected.

That pretty much did it for him. His patience with us reached its limits. He immediately shifted his aim away from me onto Rainbow, and with one short movement of his index finger, pressed the trigger. I watched in horror as the bullet left the barrel, time slowing down for me like in that one dream I had the night before.

The dream... My thoughts drifted back to it, and more particularly, what happened in it. Was it really a dream, or was it some kind of vision of the future? Maybe that 'dream' tried to warn me from what was happening at that moment?

Regardless of what it was, I did the only thing I could've done to save Rainbow.

Just a moment before the bullet left the barrel, I jumped in front of her, protecting her from the deadly projectile that most definitely would've killed her, taking it for her right into my left shoulder instead. My eyes opened wide as the bullet hit me, and a single tear was able to escape my eyes. It hurt like nothing I've ever experienced before. I felt how it pierced my skin and the muscles beneath it, making me release a short scream of pain. My shoulder was thrown back because of the sheer force of the impact.

My body screamed at me to stop playing the hero and jump out of his line of fire, but my mind screamed to stay put. If I would've moved, Rainbow could be dead.

My heart started beating faster, adrenaline coursing through my whole body, slightly soothing the pain in my shoulder.

Another loud bang. The first bullet was followed by an unexpected second one.

The second round hit me right into my left kidney, penetrating it and the rest of my body without any problem and exiting it through my back.

But I stayed put.

I looked down to my wound, my mouth agape. My shaking hands immediately shot downwards to cover the wound, which was beginning to leak the thick, warm liquid -also called blood- in streams. But it was to no avail. It just escaped through my hand and slowly started soaking my t-shirt around the entry wound.

"Will!" Rainbow shrieked in concern, landing on the ground behind me.


I looked straight into Officer Clark's surprised face with an angry mask upon mine, but he just stood there, totally petrified, his trembling hands still gripping the gun tightly. He was seemingly overwhelmed by what just happened.

Meanwhile, I was positively fuming. Not because he shot me, but rather because he tried to shoot at my friend.

"You.Fucker." I said through gritted teeth.

I limped forwards at him, every step hurting like thousand punches right onto my hurt kidney. But the pain was drowned out by determination. I was determined to punch that cunt right into his fucking face for trying to hurt my friend.

But he realized that and prepared himself to shoot me again.

What he didn't realize, though, were that three other ponies were standing behind him, one of whom just released a bolt of magic energy aimed right at his head. It connected, his eyes widened, then closed, and a second later he fell down onto the ground, unconscious.

I stopped in my tracks and sighed. I fell down onto my knees and heard the others galloping over to me, screaming in concern. I looked down to my blood-soaked T-shirt and pressed my open palms tightly against the wound at my lower body, desperately trying to stop the blood from flowing out of it. I was already starting to feel a little lightheaded from the all the blood I lost.

"TWILIGHT!" Rainbow shouted, her voice trembling a bit. "G-Get that bucking first aid kit from the kitchen!"

"Where is it?" She asked panicky.

"In... one of the... cabinets... on the wall..." I said, groaning in pain afterwards. The effect of the adrenaline were subsiding, making me actually feel the pain again.

Right after I said that, Twilight -I assumed- left to get the first aid kit.

"Dad?" I heard Scootaloo's voice from in front of me, so full of concern and sadness. But I couldn't look up.

I didn't want her to see my face. The tears that were rolling down my cheeks, or the sad look that adorned my face, just would've crushed her hopes.

I was pretty sure that I wasn't going to live through that. Sure, the wound on my shoulder wasn't that bad, but the one on my lower body definitely was. It was bleeding heavily, and I was certain that there's no way they could've stopped the blood flow. I was also pretty damn sure that the bullet in my shoulder didn't actually leave my body, that it was still stuck somewhere.

Going to the hospital was probably the only chance to save my life, but I knew that going there was no option. It would raise too many questions and only further endanger the girls. Something I really don't want.

And even if I might get proper medical care, the chances of me surviving were still pretty low.

"Will, please... It's all my fault..." I heard Rainbow whisper from besides me, just barely enough for me to hear it. Her tone was full of guilt, and I could've sworn I heard her sob once.

"Sugarcube, are ya 'kay?" That southern drawl is something I easily recognized as Applejack's. I smiled upon hearing it. I really liked her accent... It had something friendly and homey to it. I don't know how to explain it exactly, but her accent just made me happy.

But what should I have responded? 'Yeah, I'm okay, just give me a few minutes'?

"Yeah... I... think so..." I lied between groans of pain, still looking down to my body. I was starting to feel really dizzy, and the world started spinning around me. I carefully laid myself down on my back, sensing that my legs were not going to hold me much longer. "Just... feeling a 'lil dizzy, is all."

"Where the buck is Twilight? TWILIGHT?" Rainbow screamed, ruffling her wings in frustration.

"HERE!" I heard Twilight scream as she rushed over to me, throwing something heavy onto the ground.

"Okayokayokay, how do we do this?" Rainbow asked nervously, galloping over to the first aid kit and rummaging through it.




"...There's...n-nothing that you girls can do..." I sadly admitted. Rainbow immediately stopped rummaging. I could've lied to them, but that wouldn't have done anything good. "Nothing..."

Silence reigned for a few seconds, only broken by the occasional chirping of some birds.

"But...but *sniff* dad?..." Scootaloo whispered, sobbing silently. I felt her lying down to my right me, pressing her body tightly against mine, burying her face into my side. I moved my left hand away from my wound and laid it upon her mane, smearing some blood in it. I hope she was able to forgive me for that. "Y-you... said *sniff* that'd you bring me back home!"

"I...I know Scoots..." I sadly said, running my hand through her mane. I was truly heartbroken."But *cough* sometimes...things don't work out as planned, you know?"

"Will...Y-you can't go..." Rainbow said from my left, also lying down there, nuzzling me into my side. I felt my shirt dampening in the spots they were burying their faces in.

My mind was slowly starting to drift away, off into unconsciousness. My eyelids grew heavy. It was hard to keep them open. I took one last good look at my daughter and the other three.

"Just...remember that I-I love you. Everyone of you." I felt my own tears welling up. A lump formed in my throat, making it really hard to speak. "Every single one..."

The last thing I saw before I slipped away were Scootaloo's beautiful purple eyes, filled with tears.

The last thing I felt were my eyes rolling back into my head and someone shaking my body violently.

The last thing I heard were sobs and panicked cries.

'I love you, girls... ' Was the last thing I thought.

Author's Note:

Eyyyyy! :pinkiesmile:

First off, GeorgeFleurParty again was so kind to preread this chapter and give me his honest opinion it. Thanks for that, dude!

Secondly; This story hit fucking 800 views on the first chapter AND 4500 total views! WOHO :yay:!
It won't take long and then we're at 1000 views on Chapter 1! Fucking incredible, seriously!

Okay, enough of that.

I swear, this chapter really fucking hurt my brain. I had to take walks to get new ideas for it. Guys, just give it a thought, I had to go outside.

Just kiddin', of course I didn't go outside.

Seriously though, this chapter was really hard for me to write. Writer's block is a bitch.
But I've got it done, only with one day delay! :twilightsmile:

Also, like I already stated last chapter, that whole 'one chapter a week' thing's probably not going to work out anymore. I'm sorry for that. :pinkiesad2:

Before I wrap this up; as every time, criticism and opinions on this chapter are very much appreciated. Also, if you see any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors, be sure to point them out! :twilightsmile:

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Imma go outside and play Pokemon Go with some friends. :pinkiehappy:


Special thanks!

GeorgeFleurParty. Dude, seriously, I can't thank you enough! :twilightsmile:
Thezion1111 for his encouraging words and support since the release of Chapter 1! Love you, dude! :heart: no homo though
Frankie2 for his support since the release of Chapter 2 and for being such a nice guy! I really appreciate it! Oh yeah, go over and show him some love, he underwent surgery a few weeks ago.
OrcaBrony for his feedback!

And last but not least, all the guys that favoured, liked and are following my story!
Seriously, I can't thank you guys enough! :twilightsmile:
Have a nice day! :pinkiehappy:

PreviousChapters Next