• Published 5th May 2016
  • 4,109 Views, 64 Comments

Fight For Love - Phoenix Flames



After an incident during Christmas Sunset Shimmer starts to develop feelings for Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
10
 64
 4,109

Mane 5

It was the end of the Christmas holidays and everyone had mixed emotions about returning to school.


At one end they were glad to see their friends again but they also feared another magical creature invasion.


Sunset ran to Applejack's locker startling the young cowgirl.


"Whoa there sugarcube. That's definitely one way to make an entrance." Applejack said closing her locker.



"Sorry AJ. Hey could you gather all of the girls except Twilight and meet me in the practice room?" Sunset asked panting.


"Er sure but why can't I bring Twilight? " Applejack said confused as to why Sunset would want to exclude one their closest friends.


"She's kinda part of what I wanted to talk to the rest of you about. Ok bye!" Sunset shouted running off leaving a confused Applejack behind.


"Ok and why did Sunset want to meet us all here Applejack?" Rarity asked as she and the rest of the Mane 5 entered the practise room.


"I told ya Rarity Sunset didn't say why she just said to bring everyone except Twilight." Applejack said as she followed Rarity.

"Why didn't Sunset want Twilight to come?" Rainbow wondered


"Ooh I hope they haven't gotten into a fight!" Fluttershy said in a worried tone.


"I don't think so Flutters." Applejack said as she sat on Rarity's piano.


Then Sunset entered the room with a nervous look.


"Sunset you're here! We were just talking about why you called us here and not Twilight. Then Fluttershy started to get worried that you two might've had a fight. But AJ reassured her but now I'm curious why you called us here. So why did you? Huh? Huh?" Pinkie said in one breath causing Sunset to step back a little.


"Calm down Pinkie I'll tell you don't worry." Sunset said sitting down.


After Sunset had told them what happened Christmas she felt an huge amount of weight off her shoulders. It felt good to not have to hide her feelings any longer.


"So when you and Twilight were dancing you ended up under the mistletoe but because you didn't know what kind of kiss you had to give so you kissed Twilight cheek. But then Twilight gave you a proper kiss." Applejack started


" And then over the holidays you've been realising certain things about Twilight that make you feel butterflies in your stomach and have developed feeling for her. But you've been trying to get rid of them because you believe that Twilight will only ever see you as just a friend." Rarity continued.


"Yep pretty much." Sunset confirmed lowering her head.


"Sunset you shouldn't ignore your feelings. It won't make what you feel for Twilight disappear." Fluttershy said in a soothing tone causing Sunset to lift her head back up.


"Yeah Sunset if what you feel for Twilight are actual feelings then you should celebrate! You've fallen in love! You shouldn't be crushing your own heart." Pinkie said in a soft voice.


"Yeah and whether you decide to tell Twilight about your feelings for her or not you should know we've got your back no matter what!" Rainbow Dash stated in a proud voice.


Sunset gave them all a happy smile "Thanks girls I really needed to hear that. And I do want to tell Twilight about my feelings for her, I just don't know how."


"Well we'll help you there as well Sunset!" Applejack said putting her hand on Sunset's shoulder.


"Thanks girls I don't know what I would've done without you" Sunset said with a thankful tone in her voice.


They all gathered for a big hug and Sunset couldn't stop a big smile from appearing on her face.

Author's Note:

Okay I would love it if everyone would forget about those OCs I introduced in the original version of this chapter. I've decided that they should be cut form the story completely and they won't ever be heard from again. Well they might just not in this story.